Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 29, 2021 11:20 AM

Sep 2016
EstebanOD said:
I see no one in the first pages talking about how this show dared talk about taboo subjects such as homosexuality and being a travesty!
They delivered the message in a very smooth way.

It did a very fine job. And it even drawed a relationship between sexuality and art. This is maybe my favorite episode for the moment.
Oct 31, 2021 10:43 PM

Feb 2019
Love how we're delving into the art.

Kuwana seems cute.
Nov 1, 2021 1:03 AM
Jun 2021
lmao just realized ryuji's real gender is male, i wish he was a girl tho.
Dec 6, 2021 4:16 AM

Oct 2018
New characters are fine, like the new teacher. First half had abysmal pacing but they calmed down a bit. They reveal Yuka is a boy but my pp is still hard.
Dec 24, 2021 12:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm studying art is sure a difficult matter, but seems like Yaguchi found some "friends" to train with him, it's gonna be hard but I hope they can do it.
What do you expect Ryuuji... this is basically tricking people not telling them something that important, I mean not surprising the guy got afraid if he's only into women.
Dec 24, 2021 4:48 PM

Aug 2017
Fuck, the episode ended in the best part. I'm enjoying this "arc" a lot.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 28, 2021 9:13 AM
Dec 2021
Comments saying "trap" "betrayed" doesn't sit right with me. Ryuuji had never once said they were a woman. Y'all expect a "man" to look/axt a certain way and a "woman" to another. that's just a social contract; not everyone has to abide by the rules you've set out. And when someone doesn't, you call that a "trap"?! I'm just really glad that we're getting some lgbtqia+ representation.
Jan 3, 2022 9:28 AM
Nov 2020
Dude with the braids gives me Hisoka vibes lol so he quickly became a fave
Jan 22, 2022 5:34 AM

Jun 2013
Guh-Ros. Sick of this nasty stuff popping up in everything. Ep 2 got me at the scene with the mom, now I wanna throw up.
Mar 6, 2022 7:24 AM

May 2015
This episode was really good, but couldn't help but feel like loads of things had been cut out. It seemed way too fast of a pace, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Mar 8, 2022 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Yaguchi certainly 'befriended' some eccentric people.

Trap characters are most often comic relief so it's nice to see the serious side of being transgender like Ryuuji.

Apr 12, 2022 11:20 AM

Mar 2010
Well i do support ryuji dressing as whatever he likes but... you cant expect a guy who doesnt know youre a guy to easily accept it if hes straight. I think it would help to be more open about crossdressing and loving it and start seeing at as your way of art. Kinda like rupaul dragqueens enjoy it in their way and are proud of it. Not saying its easy to do so, so guess they wanted to show that? Then it felt rushed.. i mean i would first talk to the guy seeing if hes into guys before confessing personally even if not crossdressing.
But neverthless i felt for ryuji.. so sad. Must be hard to be told to look like a guy and that youre way cuter as a guy wheh you dont want to. I personally cant relate so can only imagine how it feels.
I like ryuji as a character, fleshed out good development and touching moments.

I wonder, do you guys also compare movie adaptions of books to the books? I never get why people go like oh its fast pased as i just read the manga and its missing this and that. Sometimes you cant just stuff everything in but still enjoy it. Its why i usually prefer watching first then reasing to enjoy the anime and be less of a critic.
I bet the manga is more detailed, but isnt that a reason to start reading it? Thats works for me at least, it motivates me. So far the show caught me ^^ its nice.

I loved the teacher here, her instructions are reasonable and she doesnt put him down, she just lets him think and wonder. Good :) we all start somewhere and you cant become a pro in a day.

GyarutsundereApr 12, 2022 11:35 AM
Jun 14, 2022 9:33 PM
Oct 2019
i didn't realize that was a transgender person. i wondered why the voice was deeper. hmm. i hope it doesn't become a bigger focus of the show. i just want to see painting and stuff

it's good that they introduced some new characters (the other students), but idk, overall i didn't quite enjoy it as much this episode
Jun 21, 2022 2:04 PM

Mar 2012
Yoshane said:
ITT: weebs still haven't learned the difference between "trap" and "trans person"...

For real. Scrolling this thread made me die a little inside. And conservatives complain that we're teaching kids too much about trans folk in schools. :')
JJL > GW > SBR > SDC > SO > DiU > BT > PB
Jul 25, 2022 10:25 PM

Jul 2012
I'm really liking this cast of characters so far. They're quirky and unique. A bunch of interesting weirdos.

I just love the ED though. It's so pleasant and soothing.
Aug 15, 2022 10:04 PM

May 2010
Shocked there isn't a subplot about Ryujii getting bullied
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 10, 2022 8:40 AM

Jul 2022
I'd date Ryuji Ayukawa myself
Dec 17, 2022 5:52 AM
Apr 2021
Wait... that gal is a guy? HUUUUH??? Would've been too good to be true :D But then again, if i think about it, the majority of eccentric people can be found somewhere in an arts department, so it kinda fits the bill.
vanEideardDec 17, 2022 5:55 AM
Dec 20, 2022 7:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the trans boy was a surprise, I though from the beginning that he was a girl!!! kekeke
Apr 17, 2023 9:26 PM

May 2016
realswagmoney said:
Kiriyama_big_fan said:

She literally said that she would die if the society does not accept her wtf

Also I've read the whole manga, she identifies as a woman but it's portrayed as she's crossdressering to be liked by men and not because of gender dysphoria

I mean, dying if society doesn't accept you isn't a thing that only applies to trans people, it applies to the whole lgbtq community. And that's fair, I have no clue how she's portrayed in the manga. Either way though, if the creator is trying to portray Ryuuji as a trans woman I have to agree it's a bad take since I'm pretty sure trans women aren't trans because they want men to like them and it just kinda reinforces misinformation about transgender people.
the misinformation that transgender people actually look like the gender they want to be? then correct. transgender people look nothing like this. they look like chris from mr beast instead.
Sep 15, 2023 6:54 PM
Oct 2021
this episode is good, there are a lot of unexpected things happening in this episode
Oct 24, 2023 7:12 PM
Apr 2023
I was not prepared by the sudden introduction of a trans storyline. It was not handled as sensitively as I would have liked, but it also was not as bad as some other anime portrayals I've seen.

I continue to like the mellow vibe of this show and I look forward to Yaguchi's further development.
Oct 27, 2023 5:18 PM
Oct 2023
I can't believe it took me 3 episodes to realize Ryuji is an LGBT character... heheh. I thought they were just a girl with a husky deep voice. ^^;
Nov 19, 2023 9:56 PM

Dec 2022
Ah so she was a guy....that's why her voice was deep I was really confused.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

134 by mitsuki_chan890 »»
Apr 11, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2021

55 by Ginsbxnkai »»
Mar 18, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2021

69 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

48 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 19, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2021

218 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 17, 3:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.