Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2010 5:38 PM

Oct 2009
I know how awesome the conversations can get at a nerd-fest like a table top rpg session, was wondering if anyone has any funny or cool stories of things that have happened while you were playing, or whatever.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 3, 2010 7:28 AM
Jun 2009
Stories... How 'bout:

"How My First Car Got Its Name."

Part One -

One evening, after finishing a game, my friends and I were doing post-game stuff (journals, exp, inventory, etc.) when a couple of 'em started looking through the Monstrous Manuel. At the time, I was just looking at my character sheet, taking notes, and adding exp. They start talking about monsters and their abilities. I wasn't really paying any attention when I hear:

"....gimp donkey...."

"WHAT?! Gimp Donkey?!" I say as my head snaps up. Every face turns to me. A few seconds of silence... Then everyone breaks out laughing. My friend shows me the book.

"No, Matt. It's Gith Yankee." He says in a very patronizing tone of voice. (We'll call him Jackass.) Needless to say, the next game had some "gimp donkeys" in it. Never really did live that down.

Part Two -

We (me and Jackass) were going somewhere a few days later when I pick up another friend. This friend was not at the previous game. (We'll call him Bunghole.) Soooo, oooof coouurse, Jackass immediately starts in on my little Freudian Slip. More laughter.

Now, my first car was not what you'd call "decent." It was a POS. A 1985 Chevrolet Celebrity. It was the color gray coincidentally enough. And at the time I was running a back tire on one donut (the crappy spare it came with). This was my grandmother's car before I became the proud owner. You might see where this is going. Bunghole certainly did.

Inevitably, my car was compared to a "gimp donkey." "Might as well call the car gimp donkey." Bunghole says. Jackass thought this was a grand idea. So, when I went to knock on the door of our destination, I look back and see Jackass doing something on my dashboard. I run back to the car and ask what the hell they're doing when I see "GYMP DONKEY' written in white out on my dashboard above the glove box...

I think you can imagine my reaction. But I never cleaned it off. Ah, the memories. :D
Apr 8, 2010 10:17 AM

Jan 2010
In my early days of playing D&D I heard some funny stuff. One of my favorite tales was of Eric vs. The Dread Gazebo. I'll post it here, but you can look it up online. I think someone actually made a campaign around this 3 minute conversation. xD

"...In the early seventies, Ed Whitchurch ran "his game," and one of the participants was Eric Sorenson. Eric plays something like a computer. When he games he methodically considers each possibility before choosing his preferred option. If given time, he will invariably pick the optimal solution. It has been known to take weeks. He is otherwise, in all respects, a superior gamer.

Eric was playing a Neutral Paladin in Ed's game. He was on some lord's lands when the following exchange occurred:

ED: You see a well groomed garden. In the middle, on a small hill, you
see a gazebo.
ERIC: A gazebo? What color is it?
ED: (Pause) It's white, Eric.
ERIC: How far away is it?
ED: About 50 yards.
ERIC: How big is it?
ED: (Pause) It's about 30 ft across, 15 ft high, with a pointed top.
ERIC: I use my sword to detect good on it.
ED: It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo.
ERIC: (Pause) I call out to it.
ED: It won't answer. It's a gazebo.
ERIC: (Pause) I sheathe my sword and draw my bow and arrows. Does it
respond in any way?
ED: No, Eric, it's a gazebo!
ERIC: I shoot it with my bow (roll to hit). What happened?
ED: There is now a gazebo with an arrow sticking out of it.
ERIC: (Pause) Wasn't it wounded?
ED: OF COURSE NOT, ERIC! IT'S A GAZEBO!
ERIC: (Whimper) But that was a +3 arrow!
ED: It's a gazebo, Eric, a GAZEBO! If you really want to try to
destroy it, you could try to chop it with an axe, I suppose, or you
could try to burn it, but I don't know why anybody would even try.
It's a @#$%!! gazebo!
ERIC: (Long pause. He has no axe or fire spells.) I run away.
ED: (Thoroughly frustrated) It's too late. You've awakened the gazebo.
It catches you and eats you.
ERIC: (Reaching for his dice) Maybe I'll roll up a fire-using mage so
I can avenge my Paladin.

At this point, the increasingly amused fellow party members restored a modicum of order by explaining to Eric what a gazebo is. Thus ends the tale of Eric and the Dread Gazebo. A little vocabulary goes a long way."

"First of all, your beauty has captivated me!
Second... I'm dying to know if I'm your type...
I guess your ...abilities... would be a distant third."

Apr 8, 2010 2:04 PM
Jun 2009
You should read Knights of the Dinner Table.... I think you'll find it enlightening. ;)
Apr 8, 2010 5:09 PM

Oct 2009
lmao that's some funny shit right there, i don't really have any good stories but if I think of any ill share
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which Table Top games do you play?

Aleric - Apr 1, 2010

10 by izikiel »»
Aug 12, 2010 1:49 AM

» Non pnp games?

Cloud4126 - Apr 1, 2010

6 by Cloud4126 »»
Apr 5, 2010 4:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.