Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 7, 2021 11:10 PM

May 2021
I just love how the angel states "don't worry about wings, they won't snag on anything" and the very next scene MC is flying and touching the surface of the ocean with wings creating waves. If you come up with your own rules and then break them it's incredibly short-sighted and annoying. Other than that good first episode.
Oct 7, 2021 11:11 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, does he get any better? I get that he's depressed but he's REALLY stupid and REALLY annoying so far, reminds me of the worst of Subaru from Re:Zero. Like BRO there is a F#$#$$ Angel RIGHT in front of your damn eyes, flying you around, and you doubt it? And you think its a 'Supernatural Scam"? How stupid can you be. The plot is interesting but I'm really hoping the MC isn't going to bug me
DKDiabloLichtOct 7, 2021 11:17 PM
Oct 7, 2021 11:21 PM
Feb 2021
Very emotional and amazing 1st eps, one of the masterpieces in this season
Oct 7, 2021 11:39 PM
Jul 2019
11_BlueSky said:
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Does this get better?
it get even worse 💀

Damn, thats tough
Oct 7, 2021 11:43 PM
May 2018
So that's why I feel like Mirai look like light yagami. Because it is from the same author lol
Oct 7, 2021 11:55 PM
Apr 2021
RaaaFii said:
Why does the main character feels kinda bland? I hope he gets better in the future or else this anime is destined to fail since it's riding on death note's name
it's because he's got no personality or motivations. He's totally reactionary, being led around by his "angel"
Oct 8, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2019
this anime has mouth flaps pog
【LESSSS GOOOOOO】

- Convertible car
Oct 8, 2021 12:34 AM
Dec 2008
Lol the angel is just casually telling him to steal, make random people fall in love with him and even kill people! Totally the opposite of what I thought she would be like. I think there should be lots of great comedy potential if she stays like that. I'm glad he seems to have good morals. I'm assuming some of the other candidates won't be nearly as good-hearted. It will be interesting to see if he ends up being corrupted and starts abusing his powers.
Oct 8, 2021 1:20 AM

Jun 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Ugh, does he get any better? I get that he's depressed but he's REALLY stupid and REALLY annoying so far, reminds me of the worst of Subaru from Re:Zero. Like BRO there is a F#$#$$ Angel RIGHT in front of your damn eyes, flying you around, and you doubt it? And you think its a 'Supernatural Scam"? How stupid can you be. The plot is interesting but I'm really hoping the MC isn't going to bug me
bruh Subaru is better than all of your favorite characters LUL sorry kiddo
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵.
Oct 8, 2021 1:33 AM
Jul 2021
dUmBisEveRywHeRe said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
bruh Subaru is better than all of your favorite characters LUL sorry kiddo

Lul? What are you 10 years old? I never said I didn't like Subaru but he was REALLY fucking stupid and annoying in a few parts of the anime, and at his worst he sucks(especially at the Royal Selection) and And if not figuring out you are repeating after dying three times and starting in the EXACT same place, STANDING up, and talking to someone, with the same items you lost in previous deaths makes him "better than" anyone in your opinion, have at it. But I could think of 10 that are much more likeable to me, just because he was good at the end of the seasons doesn't make him a better character anyway.
Oct 8, 2021 1:34 AM

Oct 2016
Not quite sold yet, but that was not bad. Sound design is eargasmic though and the OP slaps.

Mirai has had a pretty fucked up life, dude just wanted to die and then he got roped into a battle royale where he might die lmao. At least he has a chance to become God or he just dies anyway, but with a bang. Why do they want suicidal people to become God though, is that really a good idea? Well I guess they'd want to make a better world. I hope Mirai at least stays a good person and not go full Light Yagami on our asses.
Oct 8, 2021 1:56 AM
Jul 2019
Well ok first episode
Oct 8, 2021 2:04 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty good first episode, I can still remember the first chapters of the manga.
Anyways, manga readers should just shut the f up. Let people watch this show.
Oct 8, 2021 2:25 AM

Jan 2014
Weeeeeelllllll. That was um. Well then.

Honestly that angel really gives me bad vibes, with how easy she;s suggesting the idea of murder and such.
Oct 8, 2021 2:52 AM

Jan 2019
Seems like a lot of people are enjoying this first episode so I'll give it a watch later today. I'm not expecting much from this studio given the CGI in the trailer but I'm interested in hearing the ost, when the teaser first came out in December I loved the audio/music direction.
Xenocrisi said:
Anyways, manga readers should just shut the f up. Let people watch this show.
I mean, nobody is telling them not to watch, they're just giving fair warning on what's to come. There's a reason why the manga sales tanked and why nobody spoke of this series in the past 5 years.
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
Oct 8, 2021 2:58 AM

Mar 2019
It was alright.

I'm bummed because the visuals are very unimpressive for the most part and don't do a halfway decent job of capturing the beauty of Ohbata's art. At least the Deathnote adaptation had style. The high point in this first episode was the flying scene. That was kinda pretty.

I'm also a somewhat pessimistic about the pacing. I figured that 24 episodes for 58 chapters shouldn't be much of a problem but I just remembered (as I've been going through the manga for the first time currently) that many of the chapters are 70 page monstrosities. It's going to hurt this. I felt that the emotional impact of the scenes in this episode weren't given time to develop. Also, the acting wasn't particularly good outside of Nasse.
Oct 8, 2021 4:01 AM

Nov 2020
well that wasnt a bad start, that angel is sus
heard that the manga was bad so ig I'll keep watching this to see how it'll turn out

Oct 8, 2021 4:18 AM
Dec 2019
I haven't read the manga but the main plotline looks pretty interesting tbh.
Oct 8, 2021 4:18 AM
Feb 2021
only 1 episode aired and people give low rating to this anime based of animation , or story
i don't know what is story to this people that give low rating like that but pretty sure

those people are same people that give an iseki anime or school anime that all of them have the same story and plot you don't need to watch till the end you now what will happen , or their are anime that have high rating without have any plot , but good animation ,

this anime community rating have most ridicules rating anime , most members are young teenage that like iseki or school anime , so i don't really care about rating specially in this site
Oct 8, 2021 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
I'm too moral to steal money!
* lives rent free at a hotel using mind control *
Oct 8, 2021 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
fryadre11 said:
only 1 episode aired and people give low rating to this anime based of animation , or story
i don't know what is story to this people that give low rating like that but pretty sure

those people are same people that give an iseki anime or school anime that all of them have the same story and plot you don't need to watch till the end you now what will happen , or their are anime that have high rating without have any plot , but good animation ,

this anime community rating have most ridicules rating anime , most members are young teenage that like iseki or school anime , so i don't really care about rating specially in this site

Maybe writer should start thinking of new ideas and don't copy paste the popular genre? There are good school and isekai anime but most are the same with another packaging. If you want to eat the same snickers bar just because it has different art on it, sure, but I'd rather eat something I haven't tried.
Oct 8, 2021 5:36 AM

May 2019
Why does this person got the special treatment, he wanted to die just let him die. Now he got wings and powers.
That angel has no moral sense, do they pick angels based on how dumb they are?.. Whole plot of thirteen gods, etc felt too cheap and does't sell show at all. Production value seems very average.., i don't care about production value much if the anime is able to deliver the vibe. MC VA is good tbh.
_PALS_Oct 8, 2021 5:40 AM
Oct 8, 2021 5:46 AM

Jul 2008
GingZ said:
This can be my anime of the year ngl. Idc about the manga, I like the concept and I already liked it since the 1st ep, can't wait for the rest of the episodes

Lol how do you not care about the source material when this is just an adaptation? Manga readers are just giving you a heads up of what to expect. Anime of the year after just 1 eps? C'mon, man...

Oct 8, 2021 5:52 AM
Feb 2021

Maybe writer should start thinking of new ideas and don't copy paste the popular genre? There are good school and isekai anime but most are the same with another packaging. If you want to eat the same snickers bar just because it has different art on it, sure, but I'd rather eat something I haven't tried.[/quote]

deferent packaging hahaha , you already reading same book with deferent cover , what is this deferent package you talk about ha , new character , new waifu , good animation , we talk about plot and rating is based on plot mainly , good plot is good ,
this anime is like you watch an anime with another anime cover but deferent plot , the school and isekai you talk about is the same plot with deferent cover , that is the deference , you like same plot with deferent cover and call it deferent packaging , that is addiction , imagine if they remake "death note" with deferent character face and animation but same plot tell me give low rating or high?
Oct 8, 2021 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
Friggin' solid impressive first episode!!!
As someone who read the first few chapters of the manga, until it gets licensed (shame i stopped following it) the plot was very captivating!!
so let's see here...are these "Angels" really the good guys or they're just manipulative and actually the real demons...and 13 god candidates with each angel? that's too few of a battle royal if you tell me...
well i hope you would not get too HYPE just because its the creators of Death Note and Bakuman...
5/5.

Also:
performance by BAND-MAID was a banger!!!

IAmPogchamp said:
Za_Warudo526 said:
Where r u guys watching it???
At your mother's house

I_Go_By_Q said:
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Where can you watch it

Funimation has it (in the US at least)

are these users bots!?!? why do they keep on posting these dumb questions? does these kids don't know how to use google? do they don't know the word: "research" !?!?
matias067Oct 8, 2021 6:52 AM

Oct 8, 2021 6:48 AM
Sep 2021
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Where can you watch it

Funimation has it (in the US at least)
Oct 8, 2021 7:01 AM
Jul 2019
Its going to be 24 episodes. So will it be a complete adaptation
Oct 8, 2021 7:13 AM
Nov 2020
I had my expectations with this anime but the first episode took my curiosity and intrest in the anime on another level.. I loved how a guy who wanted to die is now a candidate of becoming a god ..
Oct 8, 2021 7:58 AM
May 2016
Mehh weird premise and morals, so he's going to have to struggle with murdering people so he can be "happy"...ok.
Oct 8, 2021 8:14 AM
Mar 2021
I got major Mirai Nikki vibes. Excluding the fact that the mc's name is Mirai. LMAO.

And a question, is Kakehashi Mirai just a less smart, but more depressive Yagami Light?
Oct 8, 2021 8:47 AM
Sep 2019
[quote=Stark700 message=64601766]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kinda not surprising they're using some holy god-like orchestra for the first episode.

Yea that choir was amazing
Can’t wait for the soundtrack
Oct 8, 2021 9:27 AM

Jul 2008
istanblue said:
I got major Mirai Nikki vibes. Excluding the fact that the mc's name is Mirai. LMAO.

And a question, is Kakehashi Mirai just a less smart, but more depressive Yagami Light?

Exaaaaactly the same as you haha.
I wondered when Nasse -the angel- will turn all yandere on Mirai, but well I guess the "You just have to kill your uncle to grab the money" did it.

Also Nah, Yagami is so much superior to Mirai. Though I liked the depressive side of Mirai, but in just one episode he's all "I want to be happy" ugh. Fake depression.
Oct 8, 2021 10:25 AM
Jul 2019
istanblue said:

Ikr. Really gave me Future Diary vibes
Oct 8, 2021 10:33 AM

May 2019
Only negative I have is we have to wait a whole week for episode 2, very solid start.
"I don't want to live in a world without Light"
Oct 8, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2019
Death note never getting peeped but this slaps lowkey. Battle royale anime are always gas and the premise and characters in this seem really interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing how crazy this gets.
Oct 8, 2021 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
The way Nasse casually suggested the idea of killing the uncle and his kids while expressing that innocent smile of hers... 😆

Intriguing first episode but with a grand premise and themes of this caliber I think I understand a little why the manga ended up being underwhelming in some respects for the manga readers, despite me not having a single sense of familiarity with this show. With that in mind I expect a wild and crazy ride but not a masterpiece worthy one as I anticipate questionable plot holes and turns.

Let's see how it goes.

Short_Circut said:
me thinks Nessa about to be a full yandere lmao.

but ngl at first I thought it felt really Inuyashiki esq, but that very ending makes it feel more Darwin's Game/Gleipnir esq now

That's understandable I experienced the same thing, it did remind me of Inuyashiki a little bit. Aesthetically speaking Mirai looks like a 'good' version of Hiro Shishigami. 😄
removed-userOct 8, 2021 12:24 PM
Oct 8, 2021 11:41 AM

Feb 2014
It's been a long time since I last touched a battle royale-style anime, which might've been Mirai Nikki, but this first episode of Platinum End did give me similar vibes of Mirai Nikki pretty easily.

I already like Nasse quite a bit, although she has that yandere trait when she casually suggests Mirai to kill someone while smiling at him. Aside from that, the setting sounds interesting, the production values are pretty good and not as bad as others would say about it and the OP song fits the style of the show really well.

Regardless of the reputation that the manga got, I do look forward to seeing how this series will go, even if the quality does drop at some point.
Oct 8, 2021 12:57 PM
Feb 2021
First episode interesting, I can't wait to see the next episode.
Oct 8, 2021 1:20 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, that was dark and interesting for sure!

Coming from the minds who previously created Death Note & Bakuman, I can’t help but have some sort of expectations honestly. I do know about the decline in sales of the manga though so here’s to simply hoping for the best.

Killing an entire family just for the sake of money and then abusing the heck out of the surviving child, there’s not much one can do to fall lower than that.

“We were born with happiness and live to find greater happiness” - Now, that’s a good one.

Angel-san meanwhile seems far too casual about everything, lol. I’m curious to see how the two will work.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 8, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
Phyc0ticK1ller said:

God damn... is the manga really that bad?

the second half is literally nothing but characters throwing philosophies at each other (and the audience), they keep baiting us that something is gonna happen but nothing really happens...til the last chapter.
They dont need to kill each other to decide on the god, they can just all agree on the winner. (which sounds rational as a concept but...well its not really fun is it)
Imagine mirrai nikki but instead of killing each other they are having a podcast where they talk about life.
Pazuzu95Oct 8, 2021 1:32 PM
Oct 8, 2021 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
Episode 1 was okay but I’ve heard nothing but bad things about the manga and I’m not surprised it got worse over time since Bakuman and Death Note suffered the same fate. I might come back to it if the anime is well received but so far I have no care for it.
KneelBeforeMeOct 9, 2021 10:49 AM
Oct 8, 2021 2:18 PM
Jan 2021
Damn so far it's giving me major future diary vibes
Oct 8, 2021 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
Casually flies away to a Mesoamerican pyramid.

If it's traditionally phrased such that the candidate is only offered the wings or the arrow(s) exclusively, how many candidates only chose one instead of being like Mirai and asking for both?

The red arrow has one basic power; to make people fall in love with the user. Curious to see how complex schemes can emerge from that. The aunt snitched on the uncle and committed suicide out of guilt. I don't know if this is a mistranslation but Mirai said "You two should just die" so if the aunt was following his words literally, she would've killed the uncle before taking her own life.

Don't judge a book by its cover, Nasse the angel is really hammering in the light-is-not-good trope. Mirai's Ryuk?

Or is she just telling Mirai to sin to test his worthiness as a god candidate?
Fortress_MaximusOct 8, 2021 3:12 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 8, 2021 3:21 PM
Jan 2021
bastek66 said:
For those who don't believe that manga is garbage just look at how manga sales declined
not surprised with that, read the manga and got so bored very quickly, thought it was interesting at first but quickly was disappointed

I read the manga and I know that it gets boring because of the unnecessary and boring dialogues that is why I have more faith in anime because they can fix that and make it more dynamic and entertaining.
Oct 8, 2021 3:30 PM

Jun 2021
Not really feeling episode 1

Just about everything about this feels like Diet Death Note. The angel, the omnipotent powers, the rules, other characters with same ability; this is the same stuff as Death Note.

The part about how MC says that he cannot be happy by stealing from other people, and yet he's staying at a hotel without paying, which is most definitely stealing.

Wasn't all that impressed with the animation as well. A lot of scenes looked really cheap.

I'll be patient because it's a 2 cour show, but not off to the greatest start.
Oct 8, 2021 3:48 PM
May 2020
a nuance of mirai nikki and deathnote essentially, i might like this a lot
Oct 8, 2021 4:13 PM
May 2020
This was a good first episode. Told you enough to kinda understand the premise but also making you want to watch the next episodes. I’m always curious about these type of anime cause usually the MC is a crybaby turned serious or they become psycho and sadistically calm and cold hearted.
Oct 8, 2021 4:16 PM

Mar 2020
It really feels like a Mirai Nikki rip-off

Oct 8, 2021 4:22 PM

Feb 2017
cool episode. am only watching this bc obata and ohba are a great team but i heard a while ago that this manga really wasn't that great. checked out the manga page a few minutes ago and yikes,, then i saw the graph of the declining manga sales a few posts above me and that's an even bigger yikes.

i absolutely lost it at that one camera angle they always use when the MC bouta go insane LMFAOOOOOOOO

gonna keep watching and hope this doesnt flop

placeholder text
Oct 8, 2021 4:39 PM
Oct 2019
I thought it would be another masterpiece but it's not that bad the first ep was good
(but if ppl can see him flying it's really weird XD)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.