Forum Settings
Forums

Instrumental Guitar Album (Also need advice)

New
Oct 7, 2021 1:20 AM

Nov 2017
EDIT: Removed because of personal reasons.
DarkardenSep 12, 2022 8:42 AM
Oct 7, 2021 1:45 AM

May 2021
Most people do not listen to instrumentals unless there already is a song version of it in the first place and the market for it is otherwise very niche. Also when it comes to instrumentals you have been one upped several centuries ago by the likes of Beethoven, Mozart, Franz Listz, Chopin, Salieri, Rachmaninoff, etc etc.

Also I recommend Youtube instead as everyone uses it, bandcamp is only used by musicians trying to sell their music, listeners not so
Oct 7, 2021 3:53 AM
Aug 2011
The world is saturated with free music, you need a hook.

Just being good at guitar isn't a hook. At any time, you can go on reddit and watch livestreams of people who are excellent guitar players. There are millions of great guitarists out there who aren't famous at all.

So just being able to play and having a reasonable recording set up is the bare basics, it's not something that's going to go viral.
cipheronOct 7, 2021 4:00 AM
Oct 7, 2021 5:51 AM

Mar 2008
I'm no pro ear but did you only have your guitar panned the centre on a single recording? It feels flat like it's occuring centre of my head but not in a cool way. Funny coincidence I had came across this video earlier
https://youtu.be/iu1P-cAhWJw

If you only want to be heard and don't really care about proffit you should be on Soundcloud and or Spotify. If you're okay on cam you could do some performances on YouTube as well or make music videos for it. I doubt anyone uses Twitter to look for music. Twitter will only draw people if you were promoted by some big time celebrity musician or something.
traedOct 7, 2021 5:57 AM
Oct 7, 2021 11:09 AM

Sep 2020
Sadly nowadays rock isn't that popular. And those who may argue against that probably listen to rock that's old and popular during their time. That said, I would encourage you to keep at if you're invested in that. I will say that your music sounds kind of old-school and I'm not sure how that could become popular again, unless by some miracle it does. I'm no expert in music theory but here's what little I have to say.

What you have going for you is talent and could easily get into a band, with maybe the compromise of changing rock style. But getting into the right band is another thing entirely, as you need to find competent people who won't mind the difficult lifestyle of touring and performing live (essentially throw away anything else they have going on for a while).

Prog rock is still in swing (considering how versatile it is), despite rock overall being on the decline. Metal is also pretty consistent in popularity.

As others have said, you need a hook. Having a song that you deem is the best of your tracks only kicking off 1:20 into the song will have most casual listeners shift their focus away by then.

Bands are a dying breed in the modern era of the "pop star". But a good band will definitely prevail. I'd advise putting yourself out there and becoming versatile in multiple styles. One good example is Polyphia, which has views in the millions. But on top of their unique sound, they have a strong image and brand. They're easily recognizable and their style sounds much more up-to-date. I personally liked tracks 4 and 5 in regards to a few newer sounds here and there. Which aside from your guitar work, the other stuff is a matter of finding modern synth, drums, base, etc (assuming you didn't compose those yourself and used something like garage band / logic).

But on a side note, you definitely have potential. Your stuff does not sound amateurish at all.
RoboartistOct 7, 2021 11:16 AM
Oct 18, 2021 3:00 PM

Aug 2010
VampireSylphy said:
Most people do not listen to instrumentals unless there already is a song version of it in the first place and the market for it is otherwise very niche. Also when it comes to instrumentals you have been one upped several centuries ago by the likes of Beethoven, Mozart, Franz Listz, Chopin, Salieri, Rachmaninoff, etc etc.

yA so has your attitude
a lot of people like instrumental stuff. if instrumental stuff doesn't have a large following, then why the heCk does john coltrane's "a love supreme" have 25000+ ratings with a 4.30/5 average on rateyourmusic?
comparing this with classical is even less useful and productive than saying "i go pOopie"
you might as well cOmpare a harsh noise wall album to a hard bop album.

VampireSylphy said:
Also I recommend Youtube instead as everyone uses it, bandcamp is only used by musicians trying to sell their music, listeners not so

why would yOu not use bandcamp? you can download the album and even get it in flac.
you should use BOTH bandcamp and youtube
superplay nO-misses and nO damage crAp
my berlin schOol electronic albums | sOundcloud where i post w/e
new albUm out. gOing to mAke cassettes with two bOnus sOngies. anyway, here's the digital relEase:
Kristallgeist

More topics from this board

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

12 by Luchipher-Zen »»
2 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

358 by nin-tendo »»
6 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

1 by DesuMaiden »»
11 hours ago

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Today

0 by Cammell »»
Today, 5:34 AM

» Help me modify this layout

Luffie00 - Yesterday

0 by Luffie00 »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.