Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2010 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well judging soly as a picture drama, I really enjoyed it. Other specials like these at times can feel a bit separated from the actual anime, this one however felt like you were watching a still version of the actual anime. Heck, they even had some nice moving effects. Not too shabby. Cool cameos too, although that is to be expected of the Mai-Otome series.
Apr 19, 2010 6:02 AM

May 2007
WTF............so this is how the Otome and Hime world collide......Hime Vs Otome. I can't remember both the series much but I do remember talk that the main character of Mai Otome appears at the last episode of Mai Hime.

Hmmmm.....I'm wondering if I should re-watch both Mai Hime and Mai Otome.....I remember really liking it and enjoying the series but feels too much of a hassel to re-watch it. ;)
Dec 26, 2010 4:53 AM

Oct 2009
More Mai! But... yeah. Uninterested.
Aug 28, 2011 9:47 AM

Mar 2008
I wasn't quite sure what to think.
The only thing that bothered me was:

What is that in the background?
Sep 18, 2017 6:54 PM

Dec 2009
Trying to make sense of the HiME -> Otome transition is a major clusterfuck, and i, nor contemporary minds have been able to make concise sense of it all. The best i can come up with is that the Harmonium had something to do with it. The HiME star had absurd influence over reality, and could have been motivated to cause such change.

We know that HiME was on earth, and Otome is on Earl, but is that really a different planet, or a rewrite of the same one with a lost history (we do have the moon still)? In Otome there is the land of Fuka still present in a way, serving as some kind of dimensional anchor or reference point. There is also the factor of how all these chars were rewritten into the new world with their memories suited (which was already shown possible in Mai-HiME).

But ya, convoluted as all hell.
GenesisAriaSep 19, 2017 6:47 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 18, 2017 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
GenesisAria said:
Trying to make sense of the HiME -> Otome transition is a major clusterfuck, and i, nor contemporary minds have been able to make concise sense of it all.
But ya, convoluted at all hell.

they're different series with stories happening in completely different universes.
the only thing they might share in common is how certain characters may look alike, but that's it.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 19, 2017 6:46 PM

Dec 2009
DreamingBeats said:
GenesisAria said:
Trying to make sense of the HiME -> Otome transition is a major clusterfuck, and i, nor contemporary minds have been able to make concise sense of it all.
But ya, convoluted as all hell.

they're different series with stories happening in completely different universes.
the only thing they might share in common is how certain characters may look alike, but that's it.

That's the cop-out answer; this special and S.ifr, and Zwei all point to them being connected, mostly through some kind of dimensional rift, probably related to the Harmonium, and via the extra-dimensional land of Fuka, which was already said to be able to rewrite reality. There is countless bits of dialogue and subtext that imply it, along with the unusually dense lore of the series.

Here is an example:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23544

Searrs probably tried to recreate or access the power of the land of Fuka via manipulating or remaking the HiME Star as Administar etc, and the "destruction of the world" could have been the same that the Obsidian Lord sought to do, but Searrs wanted to usher in their golden age, killing the world in the process. Even during the "contract release" it's the Searrs symbol all over.

That written theory unironically is very similar what i figured out on my own. I suggest they journeyed through the fall-space of the Land of Fuka (which clearly had stars etc) and colonized Earl, being an other-dimensional Earth, possibly all caused by the Harmonium. Most of the rest of the characters could be 300-year separated reincarnation from their HiME counterparts, except for Mikoto and Miyu, who managed to survive (Mikoto's attachment yet not lesbian-like connection with this Mai compared to previous Mai could suggest she's happy to see Mai again, but knows it's diff). etc etc etc the list of abducable conclusions is endless.

I'll be writing a complete thesis on it eventually.
GenesisAriaSep 20, 2017 4:02 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 30, 2022 3:55 AM

Aug 2017
GenesisAria said:

That's the cop-out answer; this special and S.ifr, and Zwei all point to them being connected, mostly through some kind of dimensional rift, probably related to the Harmonium, and via the extra-dimensional land of Fuka, which was already said to be able to rewrite reality. There is countless bits of dialogue and subtext that imply it, along with the unusually dense lore of the series.

I'll be writing a complete thesis on it eventually.

Light novels and manga versions of both Hime and Otome may give some hints to the whole situation (even if presented as alternative versions, they may contain some useful ideas and such), but I'm afraid not many people read them (including myself).
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.