Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 6, 2021 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
Animation, characters, music, everything perfect. As always, MAPPA and Madhouse never disappoints.
RavenitaOct 13, 2021 9:06 PM
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Oct 6, 2021 9:39 AM
Aug 2021
The animation was great as expected from the collab of two great studios. I liked the use of Moonlight Sonata. I also love Destiny's battle outfit it looks so pretty. The plot however is very generic with the aliens attack Earth premise. I hope that they will do something with the plot in the later episodes to make it unique.
Oct 6, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2008
It was fine. The art was nice. The animation was good; not top tier but close. We'll see how the story plays out.

I still dont understand the relationship between the Conductor and Musicart, but I'm sure (hopefully) they'll explain more.
Oct 6, 2021 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
I know they can't play music loud, but how come children don't know what music is, can't they just listen to it on headphones to not attract the monsters? Or am I just dumb and missed something?
Oct 6, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
Shibo-shonen said:
This feels like some combination of Vivy and Final Fantasy...

Maybe that's why I liked it so much lol... I hope the rest of the show looks as good as the first episode did. What a fantastic piece of eye-candy that was! The lighting and color design were phenomenal, and the animation was pretty damn good too.
Oct 6, 2021 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
Yea this already anime of the season. My most anticipated show of the season and it didn’t disappoint at all. I have to memorise the seasonal schedule still, didn’t know it came out yesterday. The art, animation, story, everything is absolutely stunning.
Oct 6, 2021 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
Only watching for the sakuga and the studios behind it.
Oct 6, 2021 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
As soon as Takt got yeeted into the car, I understood perfectly the vibe this show was going for - and I am HERE FOR IT! Went into this with a bit of apprehension to be honest, but I like pretty much everything I saw in this first episode, and if it maintains this energy, I am going to have a lot of fun with this!

ame-furi said:
I know they can't play music loud, but how come children don't know what music is, can't they just listen to it on headphones to not attract the monsters? Or am I just dumb and missed something?
Actually, that's a good point. It didn't seem like this was set in the 1950's or anything based on the cars and whatnot we could see, so they should have that kind of portable technology at their disposal - but I suppose for World Building purposes it is more thematically appropriate to have the 'generation of children that don't know what music is' so I can't really be mad at it.
FateHeroOct 6, 2021 12:32 PM
Oct 6, 2021 1:09 PM

Jul 2009
FateHero said:
As soon as Takt got yeeted into the car, I understood perfectly the vibe this show was going for - and I am HERE FOR IT! Went into this with a bit of apprehension to be honest, but I like pretty much everything I saw in this first episode, and if it maintains this energy, I am going to have a lot of fun with this!

ame-furi said:
Actually, that's a good point. It didn't seem like this was set in the 1950's or anything based on the cars and whatnot we could see, so they should have that kind of portable technology at their disposal - but I suppose for World Building purposes it is more thematically appropriate to have the 'generation of children that don't know what music is' so I can't really be mad at it.

Exactly, it would've been fine if they were living in some medieval times, but it looks like the modern world, yet they never heard of the concept of headphones? Even if music was banned by the government or whatever, people would still listen to it and show it to their children. Whatever, I can deal with this concept just for the sake of worldbuilding, even if it's kinda dumb lol.
Oct 6, 2021 1:59 PM

Apr 2015
It was a classic beginning ending at the end with the well-elaborated enemy on duty explaining the history of the world as the system of powers that is used a little bit, the brazen that turns into the weapon but it doesn't bother me, the transformation of Destiny seemed to me. Excellent reminds those of Fate but they knew how to give it their own style and finally the background music and that of the ED I am balanced, not annoying, and boring baby
Oct 6, 2021 2:16 PM

May 2018
Good first episode. I have no clue what the story is about but the animation was Chef's kiss
Oct 6, 2021 3:12 PM

Aug 2020
Yeah.... good fight scenes, I liked that......
Oct 6, 2021 3:22 PM

Aug 2015
How can anything start so perfect????
Ara Ara~
Oct 6, 2021 5:12 PM
Oct 2021
Love it
The color playing,the animation all is perfect.
Just wish the storyline is not to generic or have deep meaning why D2 hate human music.
And they can explain relationship between conductor and musician.
Because from opening song we have more than 3 conductor.
Oct 6, 2021 5:26 PM

Jul 2017
What a great first ep we got here. the animation is Godlike as expected from Mappa x Madhouse.

I love more the Orchestral BGM and SFX especially the beep sound that Destiny's weapon made. It's just funny hearing it with a headset.

Oct 6, 2021 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
Agmenos said:
animejas said:
Heard there's a game or something related to this series too?

Yep it's a game, the released date isn't yet announced. Still no CBT either, but said that it'll release this year. Subreddit gachagaming is already creating hype with it, knowing the game is Bandai Namco Arts and DeNA collab, which two of popular game company in Japan, plus the MAPPA x Madhouse collab of anime,also known animation studio in Japan.

Big oof. I really liked this episode but if it's just a gacha ad it's probably going to be a mid tier show with good animation. Sad
Oct 6, 2021 6:58 PM
Jun 2021
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Agmenos said:

Yep it's a game, the released date isn't yet announced. Still no CBT either, but said that it'll release this year. Subreddit gachagaming is already creating hype with it, knowing the game is Bandai Namco Arts and DeNA collab, which two of popular game company in Japan, plus the MAPPA x Madhouse collab of anime,also known animation studio in Japan.

Big oof. I really liked this episode but if it's just a gacha ad it's probably going to be a mid tier show with good animation. Sad

Yep it's more likely to advertise the game, I think we have 3 this season. takt op., Pride of Orange, and Deep Insanity. Pride of Orange already available for pre-registration, the CBT of Deep Insanity is already close and the release date is just tomorrow after airing the first episode of anime. These 3 are just like for game adverstisement, they might turn out like D_cide Traumerei,an anime last season which also has a game. If not trash might just mediocre anime.
Oct 6, 2021 7:39 PM

Dec 2014
The production seems fantastic, the animation and the soundtrack were great. Premise was interesting and the characters seem nice.

The fight sequences were awesome.

This could go any way, it could turn out great, go downhill or just be average. I guess we'll know in due time.
Oct 6, 2021 7:51 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty solid start. Hope it turns out well
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 6, 2021 7:56 PM

May 2015
MyOwnGod said:
Sokah said:
Little kid humor. Der, look, I'm so stupid I just blew the wall out on a building and don't understand why that was a bad thing!

Guy falls off building craters the ground. He's fine.

Fight scenes are just random crap strung together, no flow, nothing makes sense, they're just put where they want and do stupid stuff that looks cool.

Gotta throw in all that stupid millennial food human garbage.

Trash. Utter trash.

There's so much bitterness in this comment, lol. Who hurt you?

Seriously though, it's obvious that the MC is superhuman, too. Otherwise he would easily die in the aftermath of any fight. So of course he'll make a crater and still be fine.

And one of your favorites is No Game No Life with an actual bunch of plot holes where you need to turn off your brain and enjoy nice visuals and coolness? How is this different from your complaints about this first episode?

Don’t bother. Dude hates pretty much everything he watches. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him be positive about anything.

Oct 6, 2021 8:59 PM
Aug 2020
favourite part was when the dude was playing moonlight sonata and the blonde girl gets smacked out of nowhere
Oct 6, 2021 10:31 PM
Jun 2021
The animation/art style of Takt.op Destiny is so good. I’m excited to see where this anime goes.
Oct 7, 2021 1:21 AM
Jul 2021
https://youtu.be/6gDYjyN1BaY

dont forget subscribe to ani-one and promote their channel.

music genre and monster slaying ? very original idea.

anyone remember this is a mobile game ? seriously will we get good game adaptations again after castlavia netflix series ?

we will be happy if another game adaptation success and improve.
RedCobra75Oct 7, 2021 1:26 AM
Oct 7, 2021 2:49 AM

Dec 2018
The good things so far is just the battle scene, music, and the Heroin character design. So far, it's actually a boring story... Hope it getting better soon.

Oct 7, 2021 2:53 AM

Oct 2020
There ain't a single thing from this anime that is good. is all about art and visuals, good job Madhouse & MAPPA.
Oct 7, 2021 4:17 AM
Jan 2017
I did not know it was possible to hit "uncanny valley" with hands yet the studios involved with this anime managed to do just that.
Oct 7, 2021 5:30 AM
Mar 2021
As expected from mappa and madhouse the animation and the soundtrack was insane, looking forward to this.
Oct 7, 2021 6:50 AM
Sep 2020
Destiny is so kawaiii oml
Oct 7, 2021 7:39 AM

Dec 2020
saw this at the mappa anniversary showcase but yall im GONNA GO INSANEEEE whats up with me loving literally everything in this anime that so far has only ONE episode?

interesting story, Great animation, loveable characters and dynamics between them, lovely music and osts, etc ETC. i can go on and on paragraph to paragraph about them.

and oh is blonde girl maybe guy mc's lover..? almost? ?? he's kinda shit towards her (being rude, calling her "good for nothing") because she's a robot(?) that is based on his past lover/someone important to him that died. maybe thats how this "musicartist" thing works. you need a musician to be a conductor that lends their strength and conducts the musicartist and the conducter & musicartist has to have a strong bond between one another

bit reach of a theory just from a 3 second scene tho lmfao
Oct 7, 2021 8:20 AM

Sep 2020
WONDERFUL!!
Blonde Zero-two rocks!!

Hope this will be a good sensorial experimentation.
I really liked this. I love music and music-themed anime.
Oct 7, 2021 8:25 AM

Nov 2019
Will this be another Vivy Flourite Eye's Song?
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 7, 2021 8:38 AM

Jun 2021
Finally we got the this high namaste expected Mappa x Mad House project. Intro episode said us some of the details of the world. Animation is fully fluid, action sequences were great and stunning. And the use of classical pieces made it a chef's kiss for me. Can't say where it's directing, but holding much potential in it for future.

~ Weeboo
Oct 7, 2021 9:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Glorious visuals, splendid animation and solid selection of music to accompany fights. The characters felt a bit flat and we don't have much of a story yet, but I hope that changes soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 7, 2021 9:10 AM
Nov 2020
man, what to say? for sure this Fall season is starting fire and all, but for me it's for a long time, a very long while since i clicked so fast to an anime!!

i absolutely loved everything about this first ep! i remember when youtube random recommended me some gameplay abt this masterpiece, and then i did deep research and got hyped the momment i knew it would have an anime!

MAPPA as expected added some extra bright and emotion to this soul touching musical anime (as if music and such plot wouldnt be enought to conquer my heart! and interest)

also gon leave here my kuddos to the V.A's, they made the charisma of those pretty main characters even better. idk, i feel obcessed alredy!

from reading that this holded such huge Fate vibes x Guilty Crown, i really hope this show gains more and more public but for itself's autenticy!!

Oct 7, 2021 10:11 AM

Dec 2015
Not sure about this yet. Had expected it to be more serious, less comedy. Liked the chars and the comedy though. Especially with the girl that eats a lot.

Need to give this 1-2 more episodes to see if there is good plot or other interesting chars. (I do not think the plot will get interesting. But hopefully some of the other chars that make me look forward to the following episodes more. After this episode ... not yet looking forward to more.)
Oct 7, 2021 10:24 AM

Jan 2019
All pretty good, I love this animation and I hope that keeps in the next episodes
Oct 7, 2021 11:40 AM

Aug 2021
I feel like it totally served as per the hype created, great animation as expected and I'm loving the dynamic between our MCs till now, the music is beautiful and visuals too.

Excited to see how the journey continues from here ^_^
Oct 7, 2021 12:40 PM
Aug 2021
very very good!!!
Oct 7, 2021 1:19 PM

Nov 2015
good anime with an outstanding art, but kinda lame in story

welp, still 1st episode so i'll give it some more to impress me in this departament. But if they don't present a good story i'll keep watching just cuz its art is cool asf

3/5 to me for now
PethaasOct 7, 2021 1:23 PM
Oct 7, 2021 1:21 PM

Nov 2015
RobertBobert said:
Why does it seem to me that I've already seen a show about a duo of a guy and a dubious android girl who fight against monsters from another world using musical magic? And also in the American setting?

welp if you've watched Listeners....
Oct 7, 2021 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
Pethaas said:
RobertBobert said:
Why does it seem to me that I've already seen a show about a duo of a guy and a dubious android girl who fight against monsters from another world using musical magic? And also in the American setting?

welp if you've watched Listeners....

This is the first thing that came to my mind. But I was too lazy to look for the name of this show.
Oct 7, 2021 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
It sure looks amazing, but I didn't really care about the characters or what happened to them. That road cafe owner sure didn't give a shit about the wall being blown up.
Oct 7, 2021 3:54 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
This is an eye candy for the aesthetics. The story is weird but quite interesting, let's see how it will unfold.
Oct 7, 2021 4:32 PM

Nov 2014
After watching ep 1, madhouse + mappa makes complete sense, its pretty amazing, and probably will be my fav of the season if it keeps up with this level of quality and doesnt become dull and boring like happened with listeners.
Oct 7, 2021 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Kinda reminds me of fate grand order
Oct 7, 2021 8:46 PM

Apr 2012
Wiinis5 said:
favourite part was when the dude was playing moonlight sonata and the blonde girl gets smacked out of nowhere
Bro, I was so tempted to just close my eyes and listen when he started playing that one - but if I had, the smack would've jumpscared the living daylights out of me - so it's a good thing I didn't.
Oct 7, 2021 9:45 PM
Dec 2020
Exceeded my expectations, not going to lie. I wasn't too excited for this anime, but after watching the first episode, I'm definitely looking forward to more. Love the combination of music and action fight scenes.

Overall, good episode and great music.
Oct 8, 2021 12:47 AM
Jul 2020
Nice music and animation, I liked the characters as well.
Oct 8, 2021 2:22 AM

Feb 2018
Animations, effects and sound designs are top tier but story is pretty weak so far.
Oct 8, 2021 3:22 AM
Mar 2012
Expected detective Siesta + Listener, instead got amazing fate archer fights & a funny crazy trio roadtrip to NYC.
Takt's piano inserts are so nice & familiar. Hope plot grows beyond clearing D2 hoards like a game, but that's ok too.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.