Forum Settings
Forums

'Baraou no Souretsu' Unveils Cast, Additional Staff, 2 Cours Broadcast

New
Oct 3, 2021 9:01 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website for the television anime adaptation of Aya Kanno's Baraou no Souretsu (Requiem of the Rose King) manga revealed the main cast, additional staff, first key visual (pictured), and teaser promo on Monday . The anime is scheduled to air in two consecutive cours beginning January 2022, following its Fall 2021 postponement.

Cast
Richard: Mitsuki Saiga (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season)
Henry: Hikaru Midorikawa (Shuumatsu no Walküre)
Richard, Duke of York: Show Hayami (Bleach)
Edward of York: Kousuke Toriumi (Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu)
George: Yasuaki Takumi (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
Warwick: Satoshi Mikami (Double Decker! Doug & Kirill)
William Catesby: Satoshi Hino (Yuukoku no Moriarty)
Margaret: Sayaka Ohara (Made in Abyss)
Edward of Lancaster: Kouhei Amasaki (High Score Girl)
Narrator: Houchuu Ootsuka (Golden Kamuy)

Staff
Art Director: Kentarou Izumi (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T)
Color Design: Mayumi Tanahashi (One Punch Man 2nd Season)
Director of Photography: Akihiro Takahashi (Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator)
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia)
Music: Kow Otani (Kenja no Mago)
Music Production: Lantis

Kentarou Suzuki (Satsuriku no Tenshi) is helming the anime at J.C.Staff. Hiroki Uchida (Gamers!) is handling the series composition and script. Tsutomu Hashizume (Darling in the FranXX key animation) is designing the characters.

Kanno began serializing the historical drama manga in Monthly Princess magazine in October 2013. Akita Shoten shipped the 15th volume on March 16. VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in March 2015 and will ship the 14th volume on October 12.

Teaser PV

Source: Pash! Plus
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 3, 2021 9:11 PM
Jul 2019
IM SHAKINGGGG im so excited y’all have no idea this is an amazing series im so glad it’s finally getting an anime, i’m looking forward to seeing richard and the others ahhh
Oct 3, 2021 9:29 PM

Sep 2020
I am soo hype for this one (≧▽≦)
Oct 3, 2021 9:34 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Huh, a new shoujo getting a 2-cour broadcast in this day and age? That's pretty surprising, source material must be that popular, huh...
Oct 3, 2021 9:53 PM

Jan 2020
I'm a simple girl. I see Saiga Mitsuki, I add to my PTW list. I'm kind of getting reverse harem vibes from the teaser, and the manga is tagged Gender-Bender. Not sure what to expect here, but I'm definitely going to tune in for this one.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 3, 2021 10:18 PM

Sep 2017
I've seen the manga art and heard about allll about the drama here and I'm in. Hope the staff and everyone can make it live up to the hype behind the manga (and hope that i can finally track down physical copies of this...)
Oct 3, 2021 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
Woahh it's getting 2-cours? Definitely didn't expect that, but from what I remember the first part is more like a prologue so in that aspect it makes sense. I'm looking forward to it. But oh boy, I can imagine so many controversial threads popping up, especially for the later parts of the story lol.

The only thing is I expected Richard to have a more feminine-sounding voice; I feel like Maaya Sakamoto (Ciel Phantomhive's VA) would've been a perfect choice, but then again I haven't watched many anime with Mitsuki Saiga as a VA so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

@RobertBobert: Yes I know that, I was just saying I imagined Richard having a voice like Ciel Phantomhive's while I was reading the manga. Maaya Sakamoto can do androgenyous voices really well.
XiaoOct 4, 2021 11:02 PM

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 4, 2021 12:50 AM

Apr 2012
I love how the adaptation literally takes the old historical shoujo approach. Nicely reminiscent of how Bloom into you used the visual tropes of old yuri animes.

Fario-P said:
Huh, a new shoujo getting a 2-cour broadcast in this day and age? That's pretty surprising, source material must be that popular, huh...

It's not about popularity, but about the fact that this is serious work with the plot.

samashi20 said:
I'm a simple girl. I see Saiga Mitsuki, I add to my PTW list. I'm kind of getting reverse harem vibes from the teaser, and the manga is tagged Gender-Bender. Not sure what to expect here, but I'm definitely going to tune in for this one.

Think of it as a BL drama that, through certain loopholes, can run like a straight story with an androgynous girl.

Esmera said:
The only thing is I expected Richard to have a more feminine-sounding voice; I feel like Maaya Sakamoto (Ciel Phantomhive's VA) would've been a perfect choice, but then again I haven't watched many anime with Mitsuki Saiga as a VA so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Richard identifies himself as a man and it makes a lot of sense in the story, so a female voice isn't going to help that much.
Oct 4, 2021 3:20 AM

Mar 2020
samashi20 said:
Richard is intersex but identifies as a male. It's a pretty serious series from what I've heard, think like Banana Fish type of serious with its material, so I'm actually surprised this is getting 2 whole cours. Props to JC Staff for picking it up, I hope they do the series justice.
Oct 4, 2021 3:48 AM

Feb 2019
Names aren't particularly familiar, but it's a nice PV. Interesting to see it go for a more pale, chalky style, it stands out quite nicely.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 4, 2021 6:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This sounds like my cup of tea....Just hoping that the BL vibes that I'm getting from the synopsis doesn't go overload
Oct 4, 2021 6:13 AM

Sep 2017
Tokoya said:
This sounds like my cup of tea....Just hoping that the BL vibes that I'm getting from the synopsis doesn't go overload

Male protagonist with several male love interests. If that's what you mean by BL vibes, probably isn't for you
Oct 4, 2021 6:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
rubybestgirl said:
Tokoya said:

Male protagonist with several male love interests. If that's what you mean by BL vibes, probably isn't for you
What I meant to say sorry is that I hope that the BL in it doesn't overshadow everything else just for the sake of it....That's what I was more or less alluding to when I said "doesn't go overload"
Oct 4, 2021 7:51 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
rubybestgirl said:

What I meant to say sorry is that I hope that the BL in it doesn't overshadow everything else just for the sake of it....That's what I was more or less alluding to when I said "doesn't go overload"

rubybestgirl said:
Tokoya said:

This story was never marketed as BL, but the context is difficult to discuss without spoilers.

Judevin said:
samashi20 said:
Richard is intersex but identifies as a male. It's a pretty serious series from what I've heard, think like Banana Fish type of serious with its material, so I'm actually surprised this is getting 2 whole cours. Props to JC Staff for picking it up, I hope they do the series justice.

Nuh, Banana Fish sounds like a fanservice crime drama by comparison. I would say that Barasu is something like the Rose of Versailles on heroin.
Oct 4, 2021 12:10 PM

Feb 2020
Hm...PV looks good, though story seems like something I wont like.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 4, 2021 12:25 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
>Kousuke Toriumi
Instant PTW
Oct 8, 2021 1:46 AM

Nov 2016
Esmera said:

To be fair, Richard is supposed to pass as a man to most people around him, so it makes sense he has a androgynous but still male-passing voice rather than clearly a woman's voice.
Oct 8, 2021 10:34 AM

Apr 2015
AnimeSocMegan said:
Esmera said:

To be fair, Richard is supposed to pass as a man to most people around him, so it makes sense he has a androgynous but still male-passing voice rather than clearly a woman's voice.

Yes I know lol. Don't know if you saw my reply to the other person, but like I said, Maaya Sakamoto can do a perfectly fine job voice acting with (as you phrased it) an "androgynous but still male-passing voice," as evidenced with her voice acting as Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji. I wouldn't want Richard to have "clearly a woman's voice," that'd obviously be weird.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 13, 2021 1:40 AM

Jul 2016
The story of this is interesting and its 2cour so they gonna take there time to progress the story. The character design is fine

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

67 by Destinesia »»
5 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 8 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.