Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2021 1:47 PM

Oct 2020
Curious, since it was a big part of people complaining about Yashahime last season. What are your thoughts on the fact Sesshoumaru married Rin?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2021 2:04 PM
Apr 2021
I like it and knew that they were going to be together back in the OG Inuyasha days
majin_mark505Oct 4, 2021 12:59 AM
Oct 3, 2021 2:58 PM
Trash

Jul 2015
It never bothered me, I kinda figured it would be canon but not like this.
Oct 3, 2021 7:13 PM

Oct 2019
It was hinted throughout the whole OG. Granted it was never confirmed exactly what type of love and it might be odd and weird for a lot of people, but Inuyasha is 200 years old and Kagome is like 4-5 years older than Rin so it’s very similar relationship of a very huge age gap (Although Fantasy genre gives a free pass for pretty much anything) but people seem to conveniently forget about it.
Rin is the only human that connected with Sesshoumaru so it was bound to happen eventually.
Oct 3, 2021 9:49 PM
Dec 2019
I don’t see. Problem with it, aside from kagome, rin is literally the only other human sesshomaru knows and has the most time spent with. Rin slowly but surely changed him in a way no human or demon has and he even gave her the choice to be with humans after the final act or stay by his side, mind you, he left her for a while so she can make her decision so it’s not like it was influenced in any way, she fell for him because he saved her life twice and was always there to protect her l, so I see nothing wrong with sessrin, in fact I kinda thought it would happen if we ever got a sequel like yashahime so idk why anyone would be surprised.

The time period and ages are solid so there isn’t a roribekm if people want to bring realism to a fantasy anime

Romance isn’t the main focus tho I wish we got something more than sesshomaru vsiting her in the tree….soon maybe …….cause they are married and they are older in this series

I like sessrin but I like inuyasha and kagaome’s ship better
Oct 4, 2021 11:26 AM
Aug 2017
I always hoped they'd be together at some point in the future (from OG Inuyasha's ending). Their relationship is just so healthy and pure and deep,it couldn't be any other than Rin. I wouldn't say exactly that I shipped them in OG Inuyasha but I really hoped they'd eventually fall in love and be together one day when Rin grows up. Now I can safely say that they're my Inuyasha OTP. I hope they show us some flashbacks! T.T

To be honest,I never understood the "the anime has to conform to modern era's mentality"..you do know the show is about the sengoku era right? I see no problem whatsoever with SessRin. Sessh fell for her when she grew up and so did she. In the end,they choose eachother and made two beautiful baby twins together.
Oct 4, 2021 12:35 PM

Jun 2019
I have zero problem with it in the sense of being an age gap; on the contrary, I'm quite partial to age gap relationships, in anime and in general.

The issue that I see with it in terms of making sense in the narrative is that I always imagined Sesshomaru as a rather asexual being because his mentality as a youkai just seems so alien and removed from average humans. Even Inuyasha as a hanyou clearly feels a lot closer to human not just in blood or genetics but in personality, attitude, spirit, and lifestyle. Sesshomaru always struck me as someone who stands firmly outside of and above humanity.

Now, that doesn't mean he can't or doesn't develop feelings of affection toward other beings. I believe he had a great if begrudging sense of respect for his father, Inu no Taisho, and must have some feeling toward his mother. He cares for Jaken in some way out of a sense of loyalty or cameraderie. And he demonstrates what in my view was a paternal and familial, protective care for Rin. By the end of the series, though he might never admit it, I believe he even develops a sense of respect and care in his own way for Inuyasha.

But it just seems a little out of character to conceive of him behaving romantically or sexually.
Oct 5, 2021 5:03 PM

May 2020
I love it because of the butthurt and seething that it causes. Otherwise I wouldn't care either way.
Oct 5, 2021 5:19 PM

Oct 2015
I think everybody knew theyd be a couple since "Inuyasha", and shes not a child anymore, so yeah im cool with that.
Oct 12, 2021 3:18 PM
Dec 2010
Like im not invested in it, but I'm not surprised it happened.
Oct 16, 2021 5:46 AM

Apr 2011
I love it. I already shipped them when I was 11~13 years old, Yashahime made my child self very happy making them canon (well, more canon than they already were, according to some Drama CDs).
Oct 16, 2021 8:08 AM

Jul 2016
disgusting . thats it .
Oct 16, 2021 8:56 AM

Feb 2019
Love it, always have since back in the day
Oct 16, 2021 6:10 PM

Mar 2014
It seems most of the people who really detested it have already stopped watching the anime. Honestly it isn't really that much of a big deal knowing Sesshoumaru is a yokai and the time the whole series is base in.

Japan were probably rolling their eyes if any of them were aware of people's reaction to the confirmation....just like anything the people in the West try to make a big deal about anime or Japan.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 16, 2021 7:35 PM
Jul 2016
I ship them since I was 13 watching the original series. Always imagined Rin growing up and becoming Sesshoumaru's wife, so it was no surprise to me when it was revealed that Rin was the twins' mother.

I thought it was weird that most people saw them as "father and daughter" lol I'm glad I was not the only one who thought so and also glad that Japan doesn't give a shit about what the westerners think about Sessrin. The butthurt is funny, though.
Oct 16, 2021 10:17 PM

Oct 2010
I couldn't care less, to be honest. It was the logical outcome.

And the people getting pissy about it need to get a life.
Oct 17, 2021 3:14 AM
Oct 2020
aoishiteru said:
disgusting . thats it .
at least it not disgusting anymore now that we know she was 18 years old when she got pergent
Oct 17, 2021 4:02 PM

Oct 2009
I don't care that much. If I was writing the show I wouldnt put them together tho, it seems a bit like lazy writing, but whatever.
Oct 19, 2021 2:15 PM
flower boy

Jun 2013
why do so many people like this ship.. rin was groomed. it is not fucking normal to marry a girl youve known since she was five or six. and inuyasha & kagome's age gap is nowhere near comparable since inuyasha has the mental age of a teenager like kagome. rin was a whole ass child and sesshomaru is an adult. its all just so creepy to me..
Oct 20, 2021 6:38 AM

Jul 2016
Elior21 said:
aoishiteru said:
disgusting . thats it .
at least it not disgusting anymore now that we know she was 18 years old when she got pergent

still disgusting
Oct 22, 2021 3:47 AM
Oct 2020
aoishiteru said:
Elior21 said:

still disgusting
how come? 18 is legal age to get pregnant
Oct 22, 2021 3:49 AM
Oct 2020
yoroshikus said:
why do so many people like this ship.. rin was groomed. it is not fucking normal to marry a girl youve known since she was five or six. and inuyasha & kagome's age gap is nowhere near comparable since inuyasha has the mental age of a teenager like kagome. rin was a whole ass child and sesshomaru is an adult. its all just so creepy to me..
actually rin got pregnant at age 18 so it not bad and legal age. it been confirmed at the recent episode
Oct 22, 2021 4:44 AM

Mar 2020
Appearantly she got pregnant when she was 18 (we used to think she was like 14) so...that improves the scenario a tiny little bit, but it's still disgusting.

He knew her since she was 8. A little child. No sane person would develope romantical and sexual attraction towards a kid they saw grow up (and before someone brings up 'it's a different time period', 'he is a youkai' or 'different culture', all those things don't matter. This is fiction, it's not historically accurate, the writers could write anything but chose to go with this. And idk why 'different culture' should give a free pass to do anything. You all also should stop talking about japanese people as if they came from another planet or something. They aren't aliens.)
Btw 18 is still just barely an adult. And yeah, there is also Kagome and Inuyasha, their relationship could be viewed as problematic too, but they aren't the same (they didn't meet and start developing feelings when Kagome was a child). And well, since that kind of relationship (teenager + adult who looks like a teenager but actually is like 1000) is literally everywhere in media, we kind of grew to accept that, even though we shouldn't. (Inuyasha does have the mental age of a kid tho, he is in no way more mature than Kagome, so that also makes it appear better.)

Btw I don't know if I should cry or laugh on the people who proudly exclaim they shipped a 8 yo kid with and immortal being from the start and see no problem with that whatsoever.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Oct 22, 2021 9:52 PM
Jul 2016
Xerx62 said:
This is fiction

Well, exactly, it's fiction...lol So why is it such a big deal?

Btw I don't know if I should cry or laugh on the people who proudly exclaim they shipped a 8 yo kid with and immortal being from the start and see no problem with that whatsoever.

Please quote at least one post from this thread were the poster explicitly says that he/she shipped Sesshoumaru with *8-year-old* Rin instead of adult Rin.
Oct 23, 2021 3:17 AM

Mar 2020
IzumiNoa said:
Xerx62 said:
This is fiction

Well, exactly, it's fiction...lol So why is it such a big deal?

No, shit Sherlock, it's fiction. If nothing that ever happens in a fictional work affects you in any way, you're lucky I guess. Most people don't work like that, which is why what we see in media is important. Or do I really have to explain to you how harmful stereotypes presented in media, for example shaped people's mindsets on certain minorities?

IzumiNoa said:
Xerx62 said:

Please quote at least one post from this thread were the poster explicitly says that he/she shipped Sesshoumaru with *8-year-old* Rin instead of adult Rin.

That's not what I said, Sherlock lol
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Oct 23, 2021 11:37 AM

Jul 2016
Elior21 said:
aoishiteru said:

still disgusting
how come? 18 is legal age to get pregnant

they met when she was 8 ew
Oct 23, 2021 2:32 PM

Jun 2017
Never bothered me personally, it seemed like a good conclusion to Sesshoumaru's development with finally accepting humans to some extent.

Plus age difference aside, the moment Rin was resurrected in the OG she already pretty much dedicated her life to him.
Oct 23, 2021 7:32 PM

Jul 2016
Xerx62 said:
Appearantly she got pregnant when she was 18 (we used to think she was like 14) so...that improves the scenario a tiny little bit, but it's still disgusting.

He knew her since she was 8. A little child. No sane person would develope romantical and sexual attraction towards a kid they saw grow up (and before someone brings up 'it's a different time period', 'he is a youkai' or 'different culture', all those things don't matter. This is fiction, it's not historically accurate, the writers could write anything but chose to go with this. And idk why 'different culture' should give a free pass to do anything. You all also should stop talking about japanese people as if they came from another planet or something. They aren't aliens.)
Btw 18 is still just barely an adult. And yeah, there is also Kagome and Inuyasha, their relationship could be viewed as problematic too, but they aren't the same (they didn't meet and start developing feelings when Kagome was a child). And well, since that kind of relationship (teenager + adult who looks like a teenager but actually is like 1000) is literally everywhere in media, we kind of grew to accept that, even though we shouldn't. (Inuyasha does have the mental age of a kid tho, he is in no way more mature than Kagome, so that also makes it appear better.)

FACTS . thank god someone sane in here
Oct 23, 2021 8:04 PM

Jun 2019
yoroshikus said:

Although I personally didn't "ship" them for reasons I've explained elsewhere on this and the season one sub-forum multiple times already (I saw their relationship as more father-daughter, I always viewed Sesshomaru as an aromantic/asexual/very alien-esque being, etc.), it does in a way make logical sense for the series.

First of all, the age gap stuff doesn't matter. It's 1500s rural Japan in the medieval/feudal period, even for human-human relationships. If youkai live hundreds of years, then whether a human is 8 years-old or 78 probably would barely register to them in terms of changing how they interact with them. Age and time are also even far more relative when you're already a type of being or existence which can live centuries or 1,000 or more years. It's just not as relevant at all.

Second, Rin did have a character arc in the original series where she very lucidly, consciously, and deliberately chose not to return to the human world and instead continue following Sesshomaru and traveling and living with Sesshomaru and Jaken, as she felt more at ease in the youkai world than around other humans. When you think back to it, she followed Sesshomaru more like a religious devotee or acolyte follows a saint, other holy figure, or an actual god. So she didn't and couldn't have had a "normal" childhood anyway. That was already ripped away from her when her entire family was massacred and village leveled.

Her portion of the story serves in part to prove the message that there is more than one way to live and develop. At the very end of the series, in the last episode, she is depicted living at the village (the one which hosts the well) with Kaede and alongside other humans. She was also given this choice and Sesshomaru and likely others around thought it would be good too for her to live in close proximity to other humans so she could decide for herself what she wanted to do in the long term and which world she wanted to be more a part of.

She decided.

Oct 24, 2021 12:08 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
WatchTillTandava said:
yoroshikus said:

She decided.

no, she didn't. because rin is a fictional character. rumiko takahashi is the one who decided to put an 8 year old girl with an immortal demon and give them a romantic relationship. even with the context that this is feudal japan, it's modern media and it's not okay to portray this kind of relationship as a good thing. no one should be falling in love with the kid they basically raised, fictional or not. i'm sorry but that is creep behaviour and really put a blight on sesshomaru's character as a whole for me.
Oct 24, 2021 12:41 AM

Jun 2019
yoroshikus said:
no, she didn't. because rin is a fictional character. rumiko takahashi is the one who decided to put an 8 year old girl with an immortal demon and give them a romantic relationship. even with the context that this is feudal japan, it's modern media and it's not okay to portray this kind of relationship as a good thing. no one should be falling in love with the kid they basically raised, fictional or not. i'm sorry but that is creep behaviour and really put a blight on sesshomaru's character as a whole for me.

Within the context of the story, she decided. Of course, all characters' words and actions in this as in any other series are created by the real world mangaka or other author or creative team. But within this story, Rin decided. So one could then ask "Well, why was she written that way?" I'd argue it's because the mangaka in question, Takahashi in this case, thought it portrayed something valuable and worth telling about human nature, and I would definitely agree with this position (it's the stance I would hold on this issue even regardless of whether or not it was Takahashi's original artistic intent).

Modern media doesn't have anything to do with it - Stories are and should be written to reflect the times and circumstances and culture of the place they portray - when and where - and any imprint or intrusion of modern sensibilities into it should be absolutely curtailed to be minimal to non-existent. We hear enough of "modern" values and sensibilities preached 24/7. The express purpose of art, entertainment, and media is for exploring other perspectives; as many as conceivably possible. If someone wants to experience a story which reflects "modern" values due to being "modern" media (presumably this implies primarily cosmopolitan liberal-capitalistic 21st century Western world values), then they should simply select one of the many out there, but not everything has to conform to such a narrow diktat of what art is and should be allowed to express. Some folk see immense value in different time periods, cultures, situations and personalities being explored in a more raw and free manner for what they are and not diluted so.

A 16th century youkai in the feudal era Japanese countryside shouldn't conform in either speech or actions to what some modern Westerners in 2021 think is an appropriate or acceptable way to conduct their life or affairs. At that point, you don't even have art or a story. You just have a pulpit for preaching or a mirror for reflecting your own values. If you only want to see what is acceptable to your ideology reflected in your stories, then just be more selective in curating your choices of what to watch. If enough other people didn't disagree and want to continue to write and create such stories (the mangaka/TV scriptwriters) or view and support it (the audience), then it wouldn't exist. It's funny because I find this general attitude is usually only applied to sex-related stuff and rarely ever the ultraviolence these characters inflict on everyone around them, so it seems very puritanical, hypocritical, and pointless. Let's not demand our characters think and act and behave in a modern sensibility-inclined way in any way, shape, or form, except when it comes to a handful of sex-related topics.
WatchTillTandavaOct 24, 2021 12:57 AM
Oct 24, 2021 12:53 AM
Oct 2011
yoroshikus said:
WatchTillTandava said:

She decided.

You do realize in youkai years sesshomaru was and still is the equivalent of age 19 in human years. And he never raised her Jaken did. Sesshomaru just stopped by a few times to check they were both still alive. While Jaken over here feed her, watched over her and tried to keep her safe. If that's what you call raising someone I rather not have you around a child. Let's not forget that also Kohaku also took care of her and tried to protect her. And it wasn't even her whole children it was literally a year Kogame started the last year of middle school in the first ep then by the last she was doing her finals for that grade. yall make it seem like she was with him for along time. If anything she was probably in total with sesshomaru for 3 months the way he would just disappear. So a year traveling then the rest with humans. Then around age 14 is when he started to court her which is normal age in the Feudal Era.
Oct 24, 2021 12:53 PM

May 2019
Totally fine because it was inevitable. All the ground work for their relationship was laid out in Inuyasha.

The people hating this outcome either are jaded Sess-sama fangirls because their fantasies got dumped, have no basic understanding that relationships as teens in past centuries was very much a thing, or they're trolls.

(Tbh, I think the writers purposely had Jaken randomly state Rin was 18, just so people would shut-up. I'm willing to bet she was supposed to be younger, given that Japan's modern age of consent is 14, right?)
Oct 24, 2021 1:02 PM

Oct 2020
xSweetSlayerx said:
Totally fine because it was inevitable. All the ground work for their relationship was laid out in Inuyasha.

The people hating this outcome either are jaded Sess-sama fangirls because their fantasies got dumped, have no basic understanding that relationships as teens in past centuries was very much a thing, or they're trolls.

(Tbh, I think the writers purposely had Jaken randomly state Rin was 18, just so people would shut-up. I'm willing to bet she was supposed to be younger, given that Japan's modern age of consent is 14, right?)

I doubt she was supposed to be younger, since Rumiko had Kagome wait till she was out of high school to marry Inuyasha in the original series and be basically the same age Rin was when she had her kids.

The main complaint seems to be come from people seeing Sesshoumaru and Rin's relationship is a parental one, when Sesshoumaru basically just stepped in whenever Rin was in the danger. Jaken took care of her more than Sesshoumaru ever did. It wasn't like it was a close bond that was corrupted. It was the relationship between a vassal and a lord. (That, or they are jaded Sesskagu shippers that are mad that their ship isn't canon.)
maha_thecatOct 24, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 24, 2021 1:38 PM

Jun 2019
maha_thecat said:
I doubt she was supposed to be younger, since Rumiko had Kagome wait till she was out of high school to marry Inuyasha in the original series and be basically the same age Rin was when she had her kids.

That's a good point and if the events of the original series took place over the course of a year, I think it was only reasonable for Kagome to have a few years back at home and to finish graduating high school after Naraku's defeat before deciding on the course she would take for essentially the rest of her life by coming back through the well to the feudal age presumably permanently. It would be seen as the privilege of every modern teenager to at least reach around the age of suffrage (although I think this is 20 in Japan for voting, or was until very recently) and finish primary school before embarking on a major decision for their life path.

One big difference I see though is the time periods. Kagome was 15 in the Inuyasha series. Whether the series takes place in 2000 when the TV show first aired or 1996 when the manga first was released, either way she was born in the 1980s and is a late 20th century, ultimately modern era gal. Rin never time traveled and didn't come from the modern age. She was born and only lived in the 1500s, like all the other human characters except Kagome's family and friends from Tokyo. So expectations and cultural practices would also be different.
Oct 24, 2021 3:40 PM

Oct 2020
aoishiteru said:
xSweetSlayerx said:

wtf “sess-sama fangirls” please i never liked sesshomaru, inuyasha is the one that i liked when i was young, the reason is that people feel discomfort with them together bc they met when she was f* eight

So? They were only together for what was apparently a few months, had a non-parental relationship, and then Rin was separated from Sesshoumaru and lived in a human village. Sesshoumaru kept his distance to allow Rin to decide where she wanted to be. The human world or the demon one.

Rin grew up and matured, having only brief moments with Sesshoumaru when he came to check on her. Rin made her decision once she was an adult and still wanted to be with Sesshoumaru. They courted. Got married. Had their girls.

I feel like a lot of people ignore what character development this whole thing was for Sesshoumaru. He made his own choice just like Rin did. He sought out his own happiness that wasn’t tied to the shadow his father cast over him.

He’s now the laughingstock of the demon world for giving up his father’s title, his lands, and marrying a human. It’s one thing to make her a mistress, but he cared enough to marry her and father children. He sought his own happiness and the sad thing is, he can’t even enjoy it with all of the Zero stuff going on.

Oct 25, 2021 5:28 AM

Jan 2013
Didn't care when I was 12; still don't care now that I'm 26.
Oct 28, 2021 1:46 AM

Jun 2019
aoishiteru said:
ew i would never have interest in someone i met when they are children

Why exactly? I ask why for myself, but thinking about the actual character, I believe it's even less relevant for a youkai who doesn't even age in human years.

As for myself or any random hypothetical person in the real world, I still can't make sense of your seeming disgust or repulsion to this notion. I can understand repulsion to things like incest, pedophilia, etc. Attraction to your own child? Sure. Attraction to a child while they are a child? Sure. I can see that disgusting people. But attraction to or later involvement with someone somehow being a no-no just because you met or spent time around them when they were a child? Is this a new level of taboo? It seems way too extreme. Who cares if you met or spent time around someone when they were a child? I don't see why that would make a difference in the attraction between two people when they are older and at or closer to the adult age ranges. You're saying Sesshomaru's feelings for her, be they romantic, sexual, or any combination or spectrum of these, should vanish or somehow not exist because he spent three or six months or a year or whatever around her when she was eight. This seems illogical to me. Why would that be the sole determining factor?

I think plenty of humans in 2021 wouldn't impose such a strict level of restriction and denial on themselves and their relationships. Let alone humans in the 1500s. Let alone youkai in the 1500s.
WatchTillTandavaOct 28, 2021 1:51 AM
Oct 28, 2021 2:04 PM

Jun 2019
aoishiteru said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Why exactly? I ask why for myself, but thinking about the actual character, I believe it's even less relevant for a youkai who doesn't even age in human years.

As for myself or any random hypothetical person in the real world, I still can't make sense of your seeming disgust or repulsion to this notion. I can understand repulsion to things like incest, pedophilia, etc. Attraction to your own child? Sure. Attraction to a child while they are a child? Sure. I can see that disgusting people. But attraction to or later involvement with someone somehow being a no-no just because you met or spent time around them when they were a child? Is this a new level of taboo? It seems way too extreme. Who cares if you met or spent time around someone when they were a child? I don't see why that would make a difference in the attraction between two people when they are older and at or closer to the adult age ranges. You're saying Sesshomaru's feelings for her, be they romantic, sexual, or any combination or spectrum of these, should vanish or somehow not exist because he spent three or six months or a year or whatever around her when she was eight. This seems illogical to me. Why would that be the sole determining factor?

I think plenty of humans in 2021 wouldn't impose such a strict level of restriction and denial on themselves and their relationships. Let alone humans in the 1500s. Let alone youkai in the 1500s.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

"Who cares if you met or spent time around someone when they were a child?"
weird as f, im literally 24, when they grown up ill be 40

I'm still failing to see the problem entirely. Do you actually believe very many 40 year-olds as a general rule aren't or would never be attracted to a 24 year-old? This just flies in the face of the actuality of attraction and all biology and human history.

By the way, I'm not saying you should or have to be attracted to someone with a gap in age or have to be attracted to anyone at all. You can be asexual. Your romantic or sexual feelings are entirely your own decision and prerogative. But to act like it's this crazy thing that somehow just isn't a thing or can't be understood seems so utterly irrational.
Oct 29, 2021 2:59 PM

Jun 2019
aoishiteru said:
?????????????????
jss smt mn vsf vtnc fds pqp

What? Is this a series of typos?
Oct 29, 2021 6:57 PM

Jun 2019
aoishiteru said:
WatchTillTandava said:

What? Is this a series of typos?

no pprt kkkkkkkkk

So you're shocked because you disagree with my comment and are now hurling insults and slang in Portuguese? Why comment something you don't expect the intended recipient to even understand? I had to translate online to get even the bare gist of what you're saying, but your rudeness is uncalled for, in any case. It's the internet and beyond that, a wide world out there. You can expect people to disagree with your comments and voice those objections clearly and vehemently when they are so inclined. I already explained why from my perspective your expression of dismay and disgust at people's feelings toward this relationship is completely reactionary, puritanical, and illogical to me and out of step with human biology and reality. There's really nothing left to say other than to agree to disagree.
Oct 29, 2021 7:10 PM

Jun 2019
aoishiteru said:
WatchTillTandava said:

So you're shocked because you disagree with my comment and are now hurling insults and slang in Portuguese? Why comment something you don't expect the intended recipient to even understand? I had to translate to get even the gist of what you're saying, but your rudeness is uncalled for, in any case. It's the internet and beyond that, a wide world out there. You can expect people to disagree with your comments and voice those objections vehemently when they are so inclined. I already explained why from my perspective your expression of dismay and disgust at people's feelings toward this relationship is completely reactionary, puritanical, and illogical to me and out of step with human biology and reality. There's really nothing left to say other than to agree to disagree.

ok kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

There's nothing humorous about someone who runs out of constructive responses to someone who disagrees with their points, so they resort to petty insults and cursing in another language.
Oct 29, 2021 7:24 PM

Jun 2019
aoishiteru said:
jss are you still going

Yes, and will continue to do so. I already gave you the solution to conclude this in an earlier post. You can agree to disagree.

Simple as that. Or simply not reply.
Nov 14, 2021 2:32 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
i just dont understand how none of you see the problem which is that "parental figure" or not sesshomaru met rin when she was a very young child & he was a full grown adult. that is fucking weird no matter how you look at it. it would be inappropriate to date someone irl if you met when they were 8 and you were 20. that is creep behaviour.
Nov 17, 2021 6:23 PM

Jun 2019
yoroshikus said:
i just dont understand how none of you see the problem which is that "parental figure" or not sesshomaru met rin when she was a very young child & he was a full grown adult. that is fucking weird no matter how you look at it. it would be inappropriate to date someone irl if you met when they were 8 and you were 20. that is creep behaviour.

Because I don't see how it is relevant in any way what age two people were when they met or first spend time together compared to what they decide to do in their lives later? I don't see why it's such a difficult or alien concept to grasp. I suppose I can understand your opinion as I try to understand all opinions, but I definitely don't agree with it at all. It would be destructive if he did or attempted to do something romantically or sexually with her when she was still a young child. Not when she is older, sexually maturing or matured, and capable of exploring and asserting her own wants and needs in the manner she sees fit. Denial of this is denying her autonomy and agency. I consider this position illegitimate.

Just because you wouldn't want to engage in something, be it romantic or sexual behavior or anything related to that, or look down on it for some reason, it doesn't mean all people do or should feel the same way or it should have any say over governing the choices or actions of others (including characters in this universe).

Furthermore, even if I did agree with it being somehow inappropriate or "weird" or "creepy" or whatever other common pejorative is used to attempt to delegitimize relations people don't agree with due to their own ideological hangups revolving around the idea that all romantic and sexual human relations must conform to an ultra-narrow set of arbitrary parameters based on non-biologically based, unscientific, and ahistorical criteria, which I completely don't - even if I did agree and even if that was the default position held by the majority, vast majority, or every living person in every country and culture in 2021 - it still would be completely and utterly 100% irrelevant to how a fictional character who is a youkai in 16th century rural feudal era Japan is or should be written.

That is all.
WatchTillTandavaNov 17, 2021 6:29 PM
Nov 17, 2021 9:30 PM
Apr 2020
I would not say that I "like" Sessrin. It's an OK ship to me, like it doesn't bother me much but yeah, if Kagura was alive then maybe it would have.
Nov 22, 2021 12:55 PM

Aug 2018
Despite his actual age, we should note that Sesshoumaru is physically about 18/19 years old.

Also, Inuyasha is way older than Kagome for sure, but physically their ages match. Maybe that's why Rumiko Takahashi did not see SessRin as an issue once Rin aged up a bit.

And also, the social rules of Feudal Japan is way different to our current society, so let's just take it with a big pinch of salt.
Nov 27, 2021 7:16 AM
May 2020
yoroshikus said:

Thankyou. The only normal comment on here. Inuyasha in the manga was said to be 15 years of age. Since him being stuck on a tree doesn’t count according to the author. He’s mentally and physically 15. That’s why he looks older at the end of the show at like 18.
Dec 2, 2021 7:21 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
HueyLion said:
It seems most of the people who really detested it have already stopped watching the anime. Honestly it isn't really that much of a big deal knowing Sesshoumaru is a yokai and the time the whole series is base in.

Japan were probably rolling their eyes if any of them were aware of people's reaction to the confirmation....just like anything the people in the West try to make a big deal about anime or Japan.

Yeah, this really brings a big relief to me, that both the people who hated mostly stopped watching the series, and that the Japanese that knew about it we’re just rolling their eyes at it. But I’m also grateful that the vast majority of people on here seem to be cool with the relationship as well.

And I actually did a whole blog just today about this whole issue. I just started watching the new season today, because I wasn’t aware that it started until earlier this week. So if you’d like, I can link it to you, or you could click on my profile name, and it’s literally the only blog that I’ve done on here so far. Either is fine.
Cosplay_JoeDec 2, 2021 7:40 PM
Jan 22, 2022 9:09 AM

Mar 2009
yoroshikus said:

How exactly she was groomed? How was Sesshoumaru grooming her? In what way?
There is absolutely nothing grooming like he imposed on her. Nothing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.