Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2021 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
I'm excited for more, can't wait for next week
Oct 3, 2021 10:22 PM
Apr 2020
They're integrating their abilities to be more powerful/useful. Their first majot case in really bothersome, poor three women. When I actually thought that it's about to end, I was quite shocked that Rihito ate the ghost's heart! And at the end, that certain Erika is causing all the trouble through cursing people, through normal conversations?!!

Woah! This is actually fascinating!

Oct 4, 2021 4:27 AM

Mar 2016
I liked how this was adapted. The art wasn't the best, but it was good enough.

I don't like how Hiyakawa and Mikado sound. With Mikado, I can understand him being difficult to voice because his way of talking doesn't match his character design. But, Hiyakawa talks and looks the same, so the actor should not have had such a hard time voicing him. Well, the actor did do a good enough job, but he also sounded weird and kind of bad at times.

Hiura Erika and Hanzawa sound almost perfect!

The ending felt a bit too cute for this anime. haha
Oct 4, 2021 6:06 AM

Jul 2021
Eh, I'm kind of iffy on it. The dialogue and the whole exorcism thing is kinda cringey and uncomfortable to watch. But I can't lie and say that I don't want to watch more, cause that ending was really interesting.
Oct 4, 2021 12:29 PM

Apr 2018
aaaah no comedy like going on mal and seeing fellow queers go at each other over a single episode of a japanese cartoon. truly, ancient romans had nothing on the spectacle that is mal forums.

anyway, slightly disappointed, but a bit of that is on me. i've still got shiguang daili ren on my mind, and i can't really expect most shows to compare to that. the ending was intriguingly freaky tho, and if the mystery holds up i'll at the very least finish this season.
might just go ahead and read the manga tho, since i'm not super about the production quality.

Has anybody seen the LA? is it worth watching?
Oct 4, 2021 2:49 PM

Apr 2016
I saw the first episode today and I'm not sure if I will continue with the anime. I'm not a fan of Horror stuff. I find the character Hiyakawa Rihito very annoying and too pushy when it come to point how scared Mikado Kousuke is.

I will watch another episode of the anime before I decide if I will drop the anime or not.
Oct 4, 2021 4:54 PM

Dec 2020
blonde guy definitely got some lose screws in his head
Oct 4, 2021 7:47 PM
Jan 2018
Yup really craving for anime like this <3
Oct 4, 2021 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
Yaoi Lust Exorcism Department! now that's quite different! they're really exploring all kinds of kinks huh...and also creepy show to boot...
4/5.
matias067Oct 4, 2021 11:05 PM

Oct 5, 2021 3:04 AM

Jan 2021
I didn't read the manga before but I feel like this is too fast or rushed.. but if I'm wrong it means I'm the one who didn't catch the story quickly :"D

By the way, Hiyakawa is quite mysterious, isn't he.. he doesn't seem to be able to express any emotion, so he's kind of flat.. especially when he laughed just before Mikado asked for the cold water/ice cubes, his laugh was really flat. And also, what was he eating in that empty house??

But I like the atmosphere and I don't think it's as erotic as some people make it out to be.

Oct 5, 2021 3:16 AM

Jun 2016
You got to love how Mikado's manager just sets him up to partner with Hiyakawa. It's kinda funny.

Mikado and Hiyakawa are already adopting a partnership. If anyone was to stumble on their exorcisms, at first glance, it would appear weird, lol. They play off each other. One a scaredy-cat, the other unaffected by anything remotely supernatural. I'll be keeping an eye on Hiyakawa tho since he comes off as particularly strange.

That body made up of several female body parts was oddly disturbing. Maybe it was the way it was laid out.

Oct 6, 2021 11:45 AM

Sep 2009
korix_ said:
"Should exorcisms be this erotic?"

it was interesting, but also wtf did I just witness

Kinda thinking the same.
Will continue :"D

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Oct 8, 2021 4:37 PM
Aug 2017
I like the mystery element, but everything happened so fast. It was way too rushed.

The blond guy was too abbrasive, it made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know how they two can be shippable, after also seeing how the guy is psycho-like spooky. Poor Mikado, you're handsome and you deserve a real caring boyfriend.
Oct 8, 2021 4:51 PM
Dec 2016
Well I like Bl like given and etc but this one and the bullsh*t about connecting just made me feel wired and cringe.
I think the horror is the only thing that make you stay.
Oct 8, 2021 5:14 PM

Feb 2021
i don't know man seems kinda gay to me
*simping over 2D characters*
Oct 8, 2021 11:45 PM

Jun 2019
Jinty said:
I'm not a fan of Horror stuff.

MAL lists its genres as Boys Love (the former Shounen-Ai), Drama, Mystery, and Supernatural.

Horror isn't included in that list.
Oct 10, 2021 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
It feels like someone have put BL into wrong anime, very awkward.
Oct 10, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
Ayyy, I didn't know this was already airing...I love the source material (which has been licensed by SuBLime for years digitally, feel free to check it out) so I was excited about this adaptation. It's weird initially yes, but believe me, it's such a good story.
Oct 11, 2021 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
I love the ominous atmosphere!
But that ending song... Totally unfitting. _-_

devastatingdance said:

Your real issue that you're just personally uncomfortable with the dubious consent, stop spinning it into a bigger issue about "rep" to validate your taste.

My thoughts exactly.
Oct 11, 2021 6:03 AM
Mar 2021
I never imagine I will laugh this hard for ghost related anime XDD if you watch lalafluffbunny reaction on youtube, that's exactly how I react lolol

This is so funny and creepy at the same time, I can't wait for more and I will read the manga soon.

And I am so intrigued to know more about Hiyakawa, we all know something is wrong with him not only because he eat that thing but also how he act. So I need his past soon haha

By the way, they also put ads of Yamashita Tomoko's shoujo manga, "Don't cry, girl". It's the only manga I read from this anime's author, and I am about to read her other manga soon haha
Alice0006Oct 11, 2021 8:31 AM
Oct 11, 2021 10:17 AM

Jan 2021
Welp just like the lady above said...this was funny for me XD...there wasnt much BL stuff like people say...just some scenes which could be taken out of context...plain funny for me...the dialogues fit the scene in a comic way...the story is good too...at least leaves you guessing...will continue this!!
neutral_weebOct 11, 2021 10:50 AM
Oct 13, 2021 9:50 AM

Jun 2007
Hiyakawa is as weird and creepy as he is in manga, good job
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 14, 2021 3:31 PM
Aug 2020
That was interesting.... The tension is so thick tho!!

also that blondie is sus but funny
Oct 17, 2021 1:02 PM

May 2016
what does "It can get pretty uncomfortable with the setting elements of the cases, so try not to consume anything while watching this vomit-inducing gruelsome show." mean?
Oct 28, 2021 8:21 AM

Feb 2010
My first thought watching this: ...is this what 'censored yaoi' looks like these days??
HAHA I'm sorry but I could not stop laughing and I cannot take this show seriously at all.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
what does "It can get pretty uncomfortable with the setting elements of the cases, so try not to consume anything while watching this vomit-inducing gruelsome show." mean?

honestly it became my source of anxiety today. literally uncalled for
Nov 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Dec 2015
i cant remember the last time i saw a first episode as fast paced and odd as this lol i watched it last night and im still like . Huh ?
probably not going to list it but just remember it as a fever dream
Nov 14, 2021 8:56 AM

Jun 2020
Wait what was that a heart that Hiyakawa grabbed & drank the blood of or am I trippin?!!!!?!! What’s going on lol

Great start. The personalities of the two made me laugh. I like how it’s intentionally unintentionally funny too LOL. And damn that after credits scene with the “curse” really crept me out. If anything they nailed the creepy mood well. Another should take notes.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 22, 2021 7:35 AM

Oct 2009
Omg isnt the blonde guy pushy and creepy.Raepy af.Talking about fate after two seconds haha.. The other one is a whimp. I generally dislike such dynamic if its done like that, with insane pacing, but I'll give it a chance cuz its gays and ghosts.
Nov 22, 2021 7:38 AM

Oct 2009
YueNaDe said:
I like the mystery element, but everything happened so fast. It was way too rushed.

The blond guy was too abbrasive, it made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know how they two can be shippable, after also seeing how the guy is psycho-like spooky. Poor Mikado, you're handsome and you deserve a real caring boyfriend.
Yup I agree. He gives off sociopathic raepy vibes. Ik some ppl like such stuff but Its rly not my taste.
Sep 16, 2022 12:50 PM
Jun 2022
I like the backhanded meaning and context of the things they do or say.
Jan 7, 2023 10:28 PM
Jun 2017
Excellent start to the series. Definitely made me want to keep watching.
Jan 14, 7:12 AM
Mar 2018
Exorcism is quite erotic.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 19, 2021

26 by Altadena »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 24, 2021

13 by MyLadyShip »»
Jan 6, 2023 3:01 AM

» Why

DillanSmokes - Dec 11, 2022

1 by KayKimii »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:18 PM

» So will it be BL or not?

kari-ya - Sep 8, 2021

14 by Raslen_1412 »»
Jun 29, 2022 11:29 AM

» Season 2

seantan797 - Mar 19, 2022

1 by MagicPolly »»
Mar 19, 2022 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.