Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 5, 2021 11:10 AM
Jan 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
KingBaller06 said:
EVEN MORE BADASSERY! THIS EPISODE FOCUSED PRIMARILY ON THE FIGHT BETWEEN KIKUNOJO AND KANJURO, BUT FIRST LET'S GO OVER A LITTLE OF WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE. Kaido and Big Mom announced their alliance and that they are going to gather the Ancient Weapons, that being Pluton (the one that Franky held the plans for a burned at Enies Lobby), Poseidon and Uranus and create chaos.

Their objective is to obtain the One Piece, which obviously isn't going to happen because Luffy exists. Speaking of Luffy, when he saw that Momonosuke was in danger he immediately went running and told Yamato to show him the way.

Now we get to Kiku vs Kanjuro. This wasn't just any fight. This fight not only had Kiku physically battle Kanjuro, but showcased the different aspects of Kanjuro's life such as the stage in which he likes to perfrom and when he was with Oden and acting like one of the Akazaya. This showcased that his life has always been dedicated to the Kurozumi clan. Kiku had to battle within himself to understand that the Kanjuro she knew was a fraud, and that his life was a symbolic representation of the performance stage. The symbolism and the seemlessly transition between the battle and looking at Kanjuro was pure excellence and BADASSERY. JUST BADASSERY OH MY GOD. Once Kikunojo finished off Kanjuro, Kin'emon and Denjiro came up and all of them took a moment to cry and honor the old Kanjuro before heading off into the major battle against Kaido.

Kaido BTW decapitated Orochi and has decided to reform the Land of Wano. He wants to call it New Onigashima, make the people of the Flower Captial produce weapons, and make Yamato the Shogun. Yamato obviously go mad at hearing this and decided to make a shortcut with Luffy by smashing through the walls like some badasses.

I'm excited to see Luffy in the action more!

I'm glad you're very enthusiastic talking about this episode ! So with respect I will dig in as well!

So Orochi went against the decision of turning Wano Kuni into a lawless weapons factory, as he Orochi wants Wano Kuni for his selfish reason. But now that Orochi got beheaded, i'm sure that Kanjuro had the same belief and mindset as Orochi did, which raises the question, what IF Kanjuro found out about Orochi getting killed by Kaido along with his plan? But thats if Kanjuro managed to survive Okikus attack or not.

I believe that at that point it would not matter anymore about feeling the threat from other clans, as Kaido will be the biggest threat here. He is the one that will further change Wano Kuni forever, with his idea of turning it to New Onigashima !

Yeah..... that would be the case if Luffy didn't exist. Luffy is about to clap his cheeks and Big Mom's by himself and liberate the Land of Wano as he promised to Tama as he never lies (he can't lie in general) and he doesn't go back on his word, like a badass.
Oct 5, 2021 12:47 PM
Jul 2014
I wish they could just settle for an animation style ... the style of the last few episodes is just all over the place and does everything and nothing ...

Also why the "WHAT" faces lol, everybody could see clearly that Orochi would be cut down, not Momo. But I'm wondering what's he's waiting for to cut him ...

Kanjuro fight was probably the most boring thing I've seen in the last few months in anime
Oct 6, 2021 2:35 AM

Apr 2013
First half was okay, though kinda predictable. Second half was incredibly boring, who gives a shit about Kanjuro?
Oct 7, 2021 7:21 PM
Jun 2021
I’m finally caught up. Let’s goo!
Oct 9, 2021 11:54 AM

Jul 2008
Kanjuro and Orochi going down....yeah some shocking moments to be sure.

And you want to piss Luffy off, say you are claiming the One Piece.
Oct 10, 2021 9:15 PM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, so glad Orochi is ded
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 16, 2021 2:36 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder if Orochi is really dead? IIRC Orochi had the hydra fruit and hydras have the ability to regrow their heads. He wasn't in his hydra form though so maybe he did die. I kind of wanted to see him suffer. His dead was way too quick.
Oct 17, 2021 8:39 AM
Sep 2018
finally Kaido got attacked
Oct 17, 2021 10:44 PM

Feb 2015
This episode wasn’t bad, very interesting. I cannot be sure if Orochi and Kanjuro are completely dead and out of the game, but they were defeated, I’m glad that Kaido attacked Orochi like that, like nothing. Yamato reacting to her father is hilarious.
Nov 2, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Finally he's dead, I'm surprised Kaido put up with him for this long honestly.
He deserved to suffer way more than just a quick death though.
I do wonder if he's really dead as it did seem a bit too sudden, on the other hand maybe that was all he deserved.
Nov 3, 2021 6:05 AM

Oct 2010
rip shogun orochi, I actually liked the guy, too bad we didn't see him in action, that fruit was wasted on him and it looked like a cool power
Nov 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Mar 2010
Damn I felt dat. To cut down a ally and a traitor that has done horrendous shit.. but damn the memories were real god damn it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 20, 2021 2:19 PM
May 2020
Orochi's death honestly shocked me
Nov 20, 2021 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
Lol I don't buy that shit one bit. Doesn't Orochi have that power to transform into a hydra? Cut off one head two more grow in its place kinda shit right? They haven't really touched the topic of his devil fruit powers yet and I'm sure they will when he comes back to life. And I've actually been wondering why Kaido would be working with someone like Orochi like they're partners. He could've killed him way before. And Kanjuro? Probably also still alive.
Dec 14, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, that is unexpected. Kaido just did a coup. I was expecting Orochi to remain as his vassal forever.

Now there's a chance those Wano ninjas and many of Orochi's retainers will defect to the Akazaya side. United against a common enemy. Hopefully.

Damn, so many top tier waifus this arc. First Hiyori, then Black Maria and Ulti, and now Yamato. She's such a lovely sight and she likes showing off those pits and side boobs. I wonder how Sanji would react to Luffy getting another waifu while he still has zero, unless that daughter of Big Mom is still in love with him. lol

Poor Kanjuro. He's also a victim. RIP.
Feb 4, 2022 8:13 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Not feeling the show, I know that Oda can't put blood on the hands of the good guy main characters but the death of Orochi is sooooo anti climactic. Sad.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 1, 2022 1:18 AM

Feb 2021
Kanjuro's demise was excellent. Kaido's and Big Moms announcement showed us that the end game really is in sight the One Piece is no longer just a dream for people its being pursued. Great episode
Mar 13, 2022 6:35 AM
Jun 2015
Kaido beheading Orochi was a shocking moment for me. Also interested to know more about the ancient weapons. They seem to be really powerful.
Jun 15, 2022 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah...first good thing Kaido has done. I actually clapped - he literally cut the head off the snake (though how many more remain?). Say what you want about Kaido, he's the epitome of a conqueror and doesn't share power with worms. Obviously his goal is extremely nefarious and will lead to seismic devastation, but I had to respect him when he asserted his will over Orochi's subordinates and gave them 5 seconds to pick a side. Though the horrifying part of that ordeal was seeing Momo imagining himself in Orochi's place and near breaking down.

Boy, Kanjuro was truly rotten to the core. It is fascinating to see the inner workings of his psyche though. He must have always imagined himself on a stage with a grand audience watching his every move through all of those years, cheering him on through each performance. It's a shame that he felt nothing for his fellow Akazaya samurai, but it makes his treachery sting even more profoundly. The quietly building snowfall as the rest gathered & Kiku's lamentation of those memories really hit tt all home.
Sep 5, 2022 3:18 AM

Jan 2021
That was a painful moment for everyone Kanjuro grew up with them and his betrayal was definitely a top 10 anime betrayals of all time and Kaido Killed Orochi so quickly That it took couple seconds to process what he did I wanted Orochi to get killed by Kinemon while all the Akayaza members watch him die
Nov 22, 2022 1:35 PM
Jan 2022
Remarkable episode! Many things happened at once (is orochi actually dead? lol.) but Kiku and Kanjuro's moment stood out ofc.
Many would dislike Kiku for giving the benefit of the doubt and that's actually the one that carried the episode.

Kanjuro performed his act until his last moments which is amazing. Since Kiku knows Kanjuro is this friend of hers since she was a kid ofc that would make her hope that he is playing a character for Orochi to deceive him on the last moment but that didn't happen and I'm glad it didn't cause now we know that Kanjuro is just on this great stage play.

The flashbacks with Kanjuro is just..*chef's kiss 😚🤌
It's like they've been someone, shared moments, mourned with that simply didn't exist—but at the same time, it is there, lying lifeless on the snow, so it feels like they just killed their friend who didn't exist in the first place. Ugh, I'm not good with words but the background music heavily carried the scene as well when it transitioned into the young Kiku—Her emotions are purer and the situation was harder to sink in because She travelled with them and it's still raw since the 20 years was like yesterday for her.

Edit: welp im seeing a lotta ppl getting bored/not liking kajuro and kiku's fight scene. maybe i got a lil to attached with this show lol.
xyd_Nov 22, 2022 1:42 PM
Nov 28, 2022 10:42 PM
Mar 2021
Orochi is finally dead thank God he is the biggest bitch
Mar 11, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2021
All of these deaths are making me realise One Piece is really ending. Since apparently before Oda didn't like 2 kill off characters because they could have become important down the line but now people are dropping like flies. Orchi forgot that Kaido was a pirate and started talking to him anyhow🤣🤣. Kanjuro was a broken soul that got manipulated unfortunately but he deserved that death. Them all crying and standing over him was saddening😔.
Jan 1, 3:57 AM
Aug 2022
i loooovee the climbing tension and the argento red during orochi scene

amazing, beautiful

i watched it over and over again, just great

this ain no one piece episode, i cant believe my eyes 10 out of 5
i-loathe-sasukeJan 1, 4:09 AM
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

162 by pikituso10 »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 360 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mulderman - Jul 4, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 359 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 26, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 899 Discussion ( 1 2 )

blank - Aug 24, 2019

54 by scarywolf143 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 358 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 23, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.