Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2021 9:30 PM
Sep 2021
Awful character , same old sh*t episode about pants , same joke , no long term arc.Annoying & the last episode is awful. ( Genma is a jerk )

What's a good factor about this show ?

Feel free to discuss .
Oct 1, 2021 9:49 PM
Mar 2018
This show is very old now, it was there at the time of dragon ball n all, so it's useless to hope for some good rather some deep content from it, but the type of comedy it provided was really good, unexpected from an anime of that time, along with Comedy the martial arts made it better. But yea at the end of the day it's my opinion so it may differ from yours
Oct 1, 2021 9:52 PM
Jan 2021
it stick you to the show whole time that's why
Oct 1, 2021 11:03 PM
Jun 2021
everybody has different humor and opinions. personally i enjoyed it. it’s in my top ten. people mostly like the charcters in this. also, you can’t deny. ranma 1/2 is a pretty damn funny anime.
Oct 2, 2021 3:04 AM

Jan 2018
It’s a good thing that humor is subjective.
Oct 2, 2021 6:12 AM

Aug 2019
Yes, no long arcs, and yes, the anime was canceled before reaching a conclusion but neither of those are flaws, that's just either the style or something outside of their control. Ranma an awful character? He's both Harem MC and best waifu, your opinion is objectively wrong, sorry, hehe.

Also, this is probably the anime that popularized many things like harems, Genderbend, Tsundere, Yandere, animal morphing, ecchi and such. Sure, it might not be the one that created those genres / tropes, but it's the one that mainstreamed all those things.
Oct 2, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2007
It's an old, classic anime that many who start watching it with a modern eye just wouldn't understand what made it so great to us that are of the older anime generation.
Oct 2, 2021 11:02 AM
Feb 2020
Because its' Ranma
Oct 7, 2021 2:05 PM

Jan 2010
Basically, some episodes are very good, like the first dozen, before Akane becomes an unlikable grandma character. Noriko Hidaka and Megumi Hayashibara yelling at each other is top tier entertainment and definitely the main attraction of this show. Hearing some Tsuru Hiromi (Madoka in KOR) as Ukyo is a nice bonus too.

Unfortunately there's a lot of terrible episodes where they just spam Haposai and Ryoga. It's evident the budget fluctuated a lot and a lots of different people worked on the show. If you have a good eye, you'll notice that in some episodes the characters look like they came from the "Irresponsible Captain Tylor" series, with a bit of that distinctive overbite.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 13, 2021 12:05 PM
Sep 2019
ironically, I got my lessons on bearing people I love from this anime
Dec 7, 2021 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
People like seeing the same jokes over and over and over I guess. Like many long anime this would have been better if it had half the episodes if not trimmed even further.
Feb 28, 2022 11:07 AM

Jul 2021
I get the criticism. Ranma is not breaking new territory, forcing you to think and reconsider your belief system, or changing the world. It's just goofy fun.

I have it in my faves because I got to it when I was young and it was fresh a long time ago. I still catch an episode here or there and I still find it fun. I will always laugh when Ranma tries to use his feminine wiles to have his way, when he transforms in front of someone and they are in denial that he is man and woman, and when they introduce some wacky new martial art.

It does get repetitive, but at this point it's comfort food.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 49 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 48 Discussion

enkil - Aug 6, 2009

5 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 95 Discussion

Fake_Williams - May 9, 2016

7 by uridon »»
Apr 17, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 96 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 23, 2011

6 by uridon »»
Apr 17, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 98 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 3, 2017

3 by uridon »»
Apr 17, 5:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.