Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2021 11:34 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We're back with more Mugging and pottery making after Spring's rest. Good OP and ED, though I'd still prefer Season 1's.

Himeno's journey in Season 1 is not in vain, and the kilning gang is back together, though Himeno will need inspiration to keep things going. Touko herself faces Matsuse, a rival friend who loves challenges, but probably too intense for her standards.

One of the judges in the exhibition (Kusano) came over to Himeno's place, and is someone whom her parents knows back in their day, also in pottery club. And clearly Himeno's mom was quite the rigorous woman, from pottery to coffee tasting, she is an inspirational character that her dad would be tagged along for all her adventures, such a loving couple, even if it wasn't the most romantic thing.

And of course, the half-anime, half-live action sequence is the same.
Still though, I'd be more on the optimist side since I had some problems with Season 1 that hopefully this sequel will address.
KANLen09Oct 2, 2021 6:03 AM
Oct 1, 2021 11:39 AM

Jun 2019
It's back with the second season. Didn't have to wait too long for this one since it's only been few months. But hey, no complaints here. Himeno is cheerful as ever. The OP song is also good.

Himeno's friends are just as supportive as ever. We also got to see some new characters in this episode. Also, got to see a little bit about Himeno's mother in the past and how hardworking and carefree she was. Let's see where this season takes Himeno on her pottery journey. The ED is really good as well.
Oct 1, 2021 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Great start with the new rival long-life friend for Tooko.
I hope Himeno will be able to find "the essence of pottery" and her new inspiration soon.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 1, 2021 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
Oh, finally a second season of the anime with that beautiful bridge started airing.

Also, it seems we will be getting more flashbacks of Himeno's mom.
Oct 1, 2021 1:40 PM

Feb 2020
Himeno and her friends are back! :) We also got some new characters. Tooko seems to be an interesting rival.

I liked those flashbacks of Himeno's mother. I'm curious to know more about her.

Overall, a very good start to the second season. Nice OP and ED.
Oct 1, 2021 3:27 PM

Apr 2014
Good to be back in Tajimi. But was it just me or did they go a bit (too) wild with the facial expressions?
Oct 1, 2021 3:58 PM

Jan 2020
The flashbacks of the mom are pretty interesting ngl. The art is also looking nice here and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season

Oct 1, 2021 4:17 PM

Nov 2011
They really cleaned up the animation. I thought it was a new studio but nope...nice episode tho
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 1, 2021 4:33 PM

Mar 2019
More Kukuri<3 moments are always welcomed!!!
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 1, 2021 5:36 PM

Dec 2013
Kukuri is back baby, let's go!!!
Oct 1, 2021 6:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was a great first episode, so glad that this anime is back for another season. I like the new girls that were introduced, also liked the flashbacks to Himeno’s mom’s past. The live action part was also as great as I remember, it was really cool seeing Yakumo being used for tourism in Taijimi, I really missed seeing the VAs and the characters from the show as well. The OP and ED were great too, sadly not folk rock OP this time but still really good.

It looks like it’s gonna be another fun season, also if some of you aren’t watching the live action I highly recommend, it adds a lot to this series imo.
Oct 1, 2021 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
Yes! Himeno and the rest are back!

Pretty lovely start overall. Tooko's long-life friend/rival was introduced and now that Himeno has learned more about her mother's days at high-school, I hope she can find the needed inspiration for her next piece soon.
Oct 1, 2021 7:55 PM

Jan 2021
Himeno continues her activities in the pottery club with her friends, unlike season 1, here there is a new character who will really become a rival.

At first, I think it's more comedic than story.
Oct 1, 2021 9:24 PM

Oct 2016
That was a pretty good start and the visuals are noticeably better. Nice to have mug time back.
Oct 1, 2021 9:58 PM

May 2021
They improved the animation right? Seems better by a wide margin, props for that. Well, extremely wholesome pleasant start, the over the top comedy is alright and it could provide better tonal shifts. I want to see more pottery, so I hope this season delivers. I hate that the broadcast schedule though, I loved watching this before starting my working week lmao

Oct 1, 2021 10:44 PM

Oct 2017
It was nice seeing Hime and everyone else again. The new character seemed like an amusing one. Also the backstory of Hime's mom was nice.
Oct 2, 2021 1:42 AM
Nov 2018
WizardOfOss said:
Good to be back in Tajimi. But was it just me or did they go a bit (too) wild with the facial expressions?

I noticed too, but I personally liked that.
Oct 2, 2021 3:24 PM

Aug 2019
I notice a lot of people here talking about how it looked a bit different, and I agree! The art style seems a lot more detailed, which I very much like, and the facial expressions look more defined, in my opinion! My only complaint visually is how the backgrounds are a bit too saturated for the rather pastel animated objects, but it doesn't look jarring.

This first episode got straight to the point, I think I'm going to like this :)
Oct 2, 2021 10:27 PM
Jun 2021
Amazing episode & I think this season will be better than its previous season
Oct 3, 2021 2:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah yes, my potter girl finally comes back again after three months. Well, art and animation style kinda looks a bit different from what i remember. But, i think its still cute, especially with the ed. Damn, a chibi of them!

New season, new characters, new objective, and mostly a new spirit for making another new masterpiece. First time seeing a full backstory of Himeno's mother, if i am not mistaken it. She really got so passionate when thinking about her creation, even with such an extreme way. Good motivation for Himeno too, its looks like.

So, what kind of pottery Himeno create? Then how much fun she get through while searching a new refreshing inspiration? Added this to my watching list....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 3, 2021 2:07 AM

Aug 2021
Running through the immense streets of that beautiful pottery city, the wavering hearts that wavering faintly for the bright moon they might never reach, could probably only bid farewell to the sincere desire that, like the glow of a shooting star stopped in a single blink of an eye.
Oct 3, 2021 1:39 PM
Nov 2019
I was hoping they'd drop the live action part and extend the episodes. They just feel too short.
Oct 3, 2021 2:04 PM

Oct 2016
who's the VA for Himeno's mom?
Oct 4, 2021 5:34 AM

Jul 2020
I can finally see why someone always say the character in this show has no personality lmao
Oct 4, 2021 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
I don't remember this anime being so expressive. Even background character animation. Fun episode.
Oct 6, 2021 10:34 AM
Dec 2017
syncrogazer said:
I don't remember this anime being so expressive. Even background character animation. Fun episode.

Since this is just an ad for the town, maybe first part of the anime did so well that production commitee decided to throw in extra money? Unlikely (especially considering how bad situation with that one virus is in Japan), but i like this visuals anyway.
Oct 14, 2021 8:15 PM
Aug 2021
what's interesting is the transition while contemplating the past, it's really beautiful. Usually short stories need an exciting VA, dialogue depending on the attractiveness of the character, there are many or few.
Oct 15, 2021 5:59 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
It should be Kama and not Gama...
Oct 17, 2021 1:18 AM

Sep 2018
I don't love to comment on the upcoming anime, for various reasons, but for this time I will make a tear and not only that.

As a beginning, we start well: the narration is no longer Himeno centric, it really is, but less turned on the protagonist and more open to other topics that are not only the protagonist and ceramics. In fact, you know the mysterious character of the past season, you begin to get to know Himeno's mother better and also other secondary characters. Interesting is the part concerning ceramics in the field of coffee cups and the ideal shape to have the best degree of thermal convection. What stands out right from the start is the better quality of the drawings and animations, but the quality of the backgrounds has also improved, I'm happy with that. The excuse with which the anime will make us discover the city of Tajimi is not so trivial, I can't wait to see the city beauties of Tajimi as soon as possible.

KANLen09 said:
Good OP and ED, though I'd still prefer Season 1's.

I also consider the opening and ending of the previous season more catchy, but in truth these of the second season are not to be thrown away.
Feb 1, 2022 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the dedication Himeno's mom had in making hundreds of cups with slight variations.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 12 Discussion

Swagernator - Dec 17, 2021

22 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 9, 2023 12:22 PM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

13 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 9, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2021

11 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:34 PM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 8 Discussion

Swagernator - Nov 19, 2021

12 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 7, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2021

11 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 7, 2023 4:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.