51.1%
She/her
30.4%
They/them
5.4%
Any/all
13.0%
92 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 3, 2021 12:06 AM

Jan 2021
I don't mind it at all. I just see it as another piece of information.
Though I have to admit, I personally never used it myself, unless it was some kind of fill-in field for my profile.

strawberryhoney said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. If people want to put their preferred pronouns in their bios then so be it. You getting all hurt and screaming at your screen over a 2/3 letter word someone has in their profile isn't going to make them change it.

Why are you even so offended? Why does a word bother you so much? Does it scare you?
This
Oct 3, 2021 1:39 AM

Apr 2012
Desolated said:
RobertBobert said:
Because the people who pay a lot of attention to this are usually flamboyant SJWs. This is why "people with pronouns" has become a metaphor for the SJW.

What's wrong with being flamboyant?

Is this the only thing that confuses you in my comment?
Oct 3, 2021 2:47 AM

Oct 2015
RobertBobert said:
Desolated said:

What's wrong with being flamboyant?

Is this the only thing that confuses you in my comment?

That, and also why u hate the "SJWs".
Oct 3, 2021 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
All I know is that if I see that in your bio, that's a red flag. Redder than blood
Oct 3, 2021 3:33 AM

Dec 2015
There is nothing wrong but everytime I see someone that puts their pronouns on bio, it only gives me the impression that that someone is either cringe or insecure about himself.
If Ufotable makes an anime remake of the Fate route and Tsukihime I can say that I lived a full life.
Oct 3, 2021 3:45 AM

Oct 2015
SadistGirl said:
All I know is that if I see that in your bio, that's a red flag. Redder than blood

Why? Have they shot your leg during the Vietnam war that you have PTSD seeing them?
Oct 3, 2021 4:05 AM

Mar 2020
Desolated said:
Meusnier said:

This "but" has no object, and arbitrary detentions are still a thing.

Not "truths," but "truth." You do not have to be an anarchist to blame bloody repressions or the various political regimes of USSR (as Gide and Céline were already doing in the 1930s...). Ah yes, the "fascists," the only word that applies to the opponents of so-called communism, the thread of this grotesque puppet is way too obvious to have a chance to work today. The massacre of the populace aimed at perpetuating an authoritarian regime is only subjectively "bad," what was I thinking? You should stop calling yourself a communist at this point.

If something is true, you do not have to hide the sources that apparently contradict it, but include them in the discussion; brainwashing only makes sense to spread falsehood. This is why the idea of brainwashing people about the Moon Landing is somewhat contradictory.

But in order to free those people from fascist regime, a military aggression is a good thing. Is the hero who slay the dark lord who terrorizes people in your JRPGs bad?

Ah yes, "authoritarian regime", a buzzword loved so much by liberals. You know what else is "authoritarian"? Increasing corporate taxes for the rich, and violation to the NAP!

Jokes aside, the people in the USSR enjoyed decent human rights
https://ia800300.us.archive.org/6/items/HumanRightsInTheSovietUnion/Human%20Rights%20in%20the%20Soviet%20Union.pdf
https://archive.org/details/HumanRightsInSovietSociety

Parenti's lecture on USSR "authoritarianism" myth:

So yeah, the USSR is not authoritarian at all. In fact, they're trying to liberate Hungarian people from its fascist rebels by sending in those tanks.

These, in conjunction to our discussion, was the factual sources that contradict the mainstream information about USSR, hidden by the anti-communist propagandists. In short, the capitalists is trying to brainwash the people by spreading falsehood about USSR, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc.

I literally can't believe how wrong you are. You aren't even hungarian what the hell are you talking about. You don't know sh*t.
First of all, there were no fascist or anarchist who rebelled in 1956. Hungarians rebelled against the bloody opressions of the Soviet Union. They wanted the soviets out of their country and be free of them. "Khrushchev sending tanks to Hungary is very authoritarian and bad." Exactly. An objective truth. "Khrushchev is a bad leader but sending in the tanks to Hungary was something very great. Those fascists deserves to be crushed to smithereens!" What the flying f*ck??? Would you say that to the hungarians who lost their family members who rised up against opression and fought for their freedom??
"the people in the USSR enjoyed decent human rights" Well only if you consider getting excecuted for opposing the regime as enjoying decent human rights. And maybe I shouldn't even mention how many women were r*ped by soviet soldiers in 1944/45.
"But in order to free those people from fascist regime, a military aggression is a good thing. Is the hero who slay the dark lord who terrorizes people in your JRPGs bad?"
Uhm I don't know, does the hero take the dark lord's place in oppressing the people? Cuz then yeah, the hero is bad.
Xerx62Oct 3, 2021 4:12 AM
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Oct 3, 2021 4:15 AM

Oct 2015
Xerx62 said:
Desolated said:

But in order to free those people from fascist regime, a military aggression is a good thing. Is the hero who slay the dark lord who terrorizes people in your JRPGs bad?

Ah yes, "authoritarian regime", a buzzword loved so much by liberals. You know what else is "authoritarian"? Increasing corporate taxes for the rich, and violation to the NAP!

https://ia800300.us.archive.org/6/items/HumanRightsInTheSovietUnion/Human%20Rights%20in%20the%20Soviet%20Union.pdf

So yeah, the USSR is not authoritarian at all. In fact, they're trying to liberate Hungarian people from its fascist rebels by sending in those tanks.

These, in conjunction to our discussion, was the factual sources that contradict the mainstream information about USSR, hidden by the anti-communist propagandists. In short, the capitalists is trying to brainwash the people by spreading falsehood about USSR, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc.

Look, you are not hungarian. The soviets came and opressed us after "freeing" us from the german opressors. None of this was right. Hungarians enjoyed decent human rights? Oh so we should ignore all those women who have been r*ped by soviet soldiers, right? And all the people who have suffered in the opressing communits regime. All the people who have been excecuted. The good thing would have been if they freed us from the Nazis and then left. But they didn't.

"But in order to free those people from fascist regime, a military aggression is a good thing. Is the hero who slay the dark lord who terrorizes people in your JRPGs bad?"
Uhm I don't know, does the hero take the dark lord's place in opressing the country? Cuz then yeah, the hero is bad.
Desolated said:

I literally can't believe how wrong you are. You aren't even hungarian what the hell are you talking about. You don't know sh*t.
First of all, there were no fascist or anarchist who rebelled in 1956. Hungarians rebelled against the bloody opressions of the Soviet Union. They wanted the soviets out of their country and be free of them. "Khrushchev sending tanks to Hungary is very authoritarian and bad." Exactly. An objective truth. "Khrushchev is a bad leader but sending in the tanks to Hungary was something very great. Those fascists deserves to be crushed to smithereens!" What the flying f*ck??? Would you say that to the hungarians who lost their family members who rised up against opression and fought for their freedom??
"the people in the USSR enjoyed decent human rights" Well only if you consider getting excecuted for opposing the regime as enjoying decent human rights. And maybe I shouldn't even mention how many women were r*ped by soviet soldiers in 1944/45.

Ah yes, your consent being manufactured by the current government who simps for the United SnaKKKes of AmeriKKKa. It's to be expected.

Why would anyone oppose a government that gives a great human rights, if it's not because of they're foreign psyops who want to colonizes the country?
USSR have better quality of life compared to AmeriKKKa, and AmeriKKKa, being a sore loser that they are, try to take down others instead of trying to give better to its citizens by its constant attempt to sabotage USSR.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1646771/
Oct 3, 2021 4:19 AM

Mar 2020
Desolated said:

Ah yes, your consent being manufactured by the current government who simps for the United SnaKKKes of AmeriKKKa. It's to be expected.

Why would anyone oppose a government that gives a great human rights, if it's not because of they're foreign psyops who want to colonizes the country?
USSR have better quality of life compared to AmeriKKKa, and AmeriKKKa, being a sore loser that they are, try to take down others instead of trying to give better to its citizens by its constant attempt to sabotage USSR.

I don't give a sh*t about America and my "consent" is not manufactured by the goverment. I just learnt MY own country's history, which you clearly don't know sh*t about.
Xerx62Oct 3, 2021 4:25 AM
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

Oct 3, 2021 4:25 AM

Oct 2015
Xerx62 said:
Desolated said:

I don't give a sh*t about America and my "consent" is not manifactured by the goverment. I just learnt MY own country's history, which you clearly don't know sh*t about.
Do you really think your school history book isn't being filled by anti-USSR propaganda? Because my historybook used to be full of pro-Suharto propaganda (yikes!), and through that, I know that you can use school book to propagandize kids.

Think of Russia today. Do you really think that Navalny and his supporters really fight for democracy and freedom as they have claimed, when it's been proven that he's a racist scumbag who said that muslims are cockroaches and wants to forcefully remove ethnic Kazakhs from Russia?

That's just what those Hungarian rebels are.
Oct 3, 2021 4:33 AM

Mar 2020
Desolated said:
Do you really think your school history book isn't being filled by anti-USSR propaganda? Because my historybook used to be full of pro-Suharto propaganda (yikes!), and through that, I know that you can use school book to propagandize kids.

Think of Russia today. Do you really think that Navalny and his supporters really fight for democracy and freedom as they have claimed, when it's been proven that he's a racist scumbag who said that muslims are cockroaches and wants to forcefully remove ethnic Kazakhs from Russia?

So have you lived in a communist regime? Well I've heard stories of those who did. Stories of my own grandmother for example. And you? Where are you getting the idea that hungarians were fascists and rebeled against a perfectly "nice oppression" just cuz they hated the russians' guts from? If the side I got information from is biased then how is yours any better? What makes you think you've got the complete truth?

Oct 3, 2021 4:41 AM

Aug 2018
Because pronouns scare right wingers
_______I like rocks__
Oct 3, 2021 4:46 AM

Oct 2015
Xerx62 said:
Desolated said:

So have you lived in a communist regime? Well I've heard stories of those who did. Stories of my own grandmother for example. And you? Where are you getting the idea that hungarians were fascists and rebeled against a perfectly "nice oppression" just cuz they hated the russians' guts from? If the side I got information from is biased then how is yours any better? What makes you think you've got the complete truth?

I got second-hand news of course, but it's the good ones.
Serbians think life was better under Tito
https://balkaninsight.com/2010/12/24/for-simon-poll-serbians-unsure-who-runs-their-country/

64% of Russian thinks life was better under Soviet Union than now
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/701026/russians-life-better-soviet-union-ussr-sixty-four-percent
Oct 3, 2021 4:48 AM

Oct 2015
Atlos said:
This gives me an idea to wear a shirt with pronouns sign during Halloween to scare them.
Geel said:
My account clearly states that I'm male, why would you call me anything other than he/him?

On MAL? Well yes I'd call you with that pronouns.
Oct 3, 2021 4:49 AM

Aug 2018
Desolated said:
Atlos said:
This gives me an idea to wear a shirt with pronouns sign during Halloween to scare them.
Geel said:
My account clearly states that I'm male, why would you call me anything other than he/him?

On MAL? Well yes I'd call you with that pronouns.
You could kill them from shock you know
_______I like rocks__
Oct 3, 2021 5:03 AM

Mar 2020
Desolated said:
Xerx62 said:

I got second-hand news of course, but it's the good ones.
Serbians think life was better under Tito
https://balkaninsight.com/2010/12/24/for-simon-poll-serbians-unsure-who-runs-their-country/

64% of Russian thinks life was better under Soviet Union than now
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/701026/russians-life-better-soviet-union-ussr-sixty-four-percent

That still doesn't prove hungarians rebelled because they were fascist. That's just a wild assumption of yours. I can't say much to you other than to educate yourself about what was going on in Hungary. I honestly can't fathom how can you think that everything we learnt and read and heard from our grandparents is somehow fabricated by the government.

Oct 3, 2021 5:04 AM
Oct 2018
Its wrong because it creates annoying debates
--
Oct 3, 2021 7:34 AM

Oct 2015
Oeufhbpi said:
Its wrong because it creates annoying debates
But if people don't make such a fuzz about it, there shouldnt be any debate.
Oct 3, 2021 7:56 AM

Jun 2019
Desolated said:
Meusnier said:

Sorry, I cannot take you seriously at this point. First, a popular uprising has nothing to do with a fascist regime, and secondly, your comparison with cartoon villains was laughable. The world is not that binary, Desolated!

"Ah yes," can you avoid parroting what I say? I am not a liberal by the way. Again, you are fighting against ghosts, when I used the word "authoritarian," it was obviously a litotes. Comparing USSR to a country like France with high taxes is ludicrous.

Nice attempt at humouring me. Those were not "fascists," please stop clinging on that word.

Yes, of course, those countries have all achieved real communism and the evil capitalists invented all their crimes with the help of the CIA.

But they are. The rebels calling themselves to want a liberal "democracy", which is something Suharto also have promised to its people after successfully couping Sukarno. And guess what? Even if we dismiss his humanitarian crimes of killing about 2 millions of "suspected comminists" that most of them are ethnic Chinese, innocent farmers, etc, his government turned to a junta dictatorship in less than 10 years. Glad that it was being put down fast in Hungary, or else Hungary would met the same fate as Indonesia.

I call you a liberal because I believe you said that you're a centrist before.

No, they were not. You keep drawing comparisons with the Philippines as if it were some universal mechanism. It is not, and at this rate, any people that rises against oppression wants to establish a fascist regime...

Glad that it was being put down fast in Hungary, or else Hungary would met the same fate as Indonesia.

Nonsense, you have just made this up. You and I have no idea of what would have happened had they been successful.

Even worse, I only shared some contradictory tests about political compasses, but I would not call myself a centrist either. I guess that you will have to live without having to attach a label to myself.
Oct 3, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2015
Meusnier said:
Desolated said:

But they are. The rebels calling themselves to want a liberal "democracy", which is something Suharto also have promised to its people after successfully couping Sukarno. And guess what? Even if we dismiss his humanitarian crimes of killing about 2 millions of "suspected comminists" that most of them are ethnic Chinese, innocent farmers, etc, his government turned to a junta dictatorship in less than 10 years. Glad that it was being put down fast in Hungary, or else Hungary would met the same fate as Indonesia.

I call you a liberal because I believe you said that you're a centrist before.

No, they were not. You keep drawing comparisons with the Philippines as if it were some universal mechanism. It is not, and at this rate, any people that rises against oppression wants to establish a fascist regime...

Glad that it was being put down fast in Hungary, or else Hungary would met the same fate as Indonesia.

Nonsense, you have just made this up. You and I have no idea of what would have happened had they been successful.

Even worse, I only shared some contradictory tests about political compasses, but I would not call myself a centrist either. I guess that you will have to live without having to attach a label to myself.

No? I never said that. An uprising against a liberal/fascist/monarchy/junta regime is good, because it will make one step further to resolve class conflict, and therefore a better life for most of the people. An uprising against a Dictatorship of the Proletariat however, is almost always end up turning people into having worse overall quality of life in exchange of "freedom of speech". I'd obviously prefer the former.
Oct 3, 2021 8:53 AM

Oct 2018
How the fuck are people writing literal essays complaining about some letters people like to use to identify themselves lmao. Get a life you pathetic fucks, find something better to get triggered at

Oct 3, 2021 9:49 AM

Jun 2019
Desolated said:
Meusnier said:

No? I never said that. An uprising against a liberal/fascist/monarchy/junta regime is good, because it will make one step further to resolve class conflict, and therefore a better life for most of the people. An uprising against a Dictatorship of the Proletariat however, is almost always end up turning people into having worse overall quality of life in exchange of "freedom of speech". I'd obviously prefer the former.

Of course you did, I will not repeat myself. USSR was nothing like your romanticised idea of "Dictatorship of Proletariat," I have heard enough propaganda for today.
Oct 3, 2021 9:51 AM

May 2018
Pronouns in bio = normalized mental illness
Oct 3, 2021 9:53 AM

Oct 2015
Only_Brad said:
Pronouns in bio = normalized mental illness
But as far as I habe checked the DSM-V, there is no diagnosis called "having pronouns in bio" at all.
Oct 3, 2021 11:01 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
People don't give a shit about the words themselves. It evokes a specific type of ire for a reason. And that's because most of the people who give into it, make it the forefront of their personality. They use it as a means to deflect any responsibility away from themselves, and paint the people, who call out their stupid takes, as hateful individuals. There comes a point where patience for these people runs out.

#NotAll, but you get my point.

The fact that this thread devolved into advocating for communist regimes, really doesn't help the cause.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Oct 3, 2021 11:10 AM

Oct 2015
Sheklon said:
Desolated said:
Again, it's because we still treat man and woman, whether it be cis or trans, very differently. There'd be no point of it once we treat man and woman in society, whether it be cis or trans the same. We haven't reach that point yet.

Ultimately, man and woman are also just a label anyways. If we have abolished gender, we don't need of such labels. For the point of telling trans woman that they're man well, what do you think the implications of saying it, in a world where people still expect even a cis man and a cis woman to behave in some certain set of gender roles? Isn't that subtly trying to coerce these people to adhere to the said gender roles, in which, is exactly what these people don't want to? The very reason they want to be called a woman?

I understand what you're saying, which is why I purposefully omitted transgender from my previous statement in this thread.

Man and woman are labels, alright. But in science, they refer to measurable differences in the anatomy and physiology of indidividuals. That's what sex refers to, and the reason why it's not sensible to feel attacked when your sex is addressed, because that doesn't necessarily imply anything on psychological or ethical grounds.

In a sense, gender is useful because it helps people differentiate between biological factors and gender roles. But at the same time, it validates and emphasizes said roles, further perpetuating gender stigmas - and the idea of flutuating between genders arises from this, but that's so unreasonable and defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

I don't agree that teaching half truths or misconceptions has true didactic value.

sewerslider said:
me and d*solated will probably disagree on this but just because something is a social construct doesn't make it any less real or valid. money is a social construct as well but that doesn't mean that it's "merely virtual" or whatever.

i do agree that we should expand what's socially acceptable for men and women to behave like (regardless of the norm,) but that isn't really relevant to trans people literally want to be perceived as the opposite gender of what they were assigned at birth (because there's a mismatch between the body they were born with and their internal sense of their gender.) like, a trans man doesn't want to be perceived as a woman that presents themselves in a (stereotypically) really masculine way, they literally want to be perceived as a man.

I can't see how this analogy would be valid. Money is even more virtual than gender, because it is a functional tool that's completely based on imaterial concepts such as property, value, fairness etc. While gender at least stems from sexual stereotypes that actually have some grounding in hormones and genetic, as well as brain structure.

Still, that doesn't make the idea of conforming to arbitrary or conventional social roles related to gender any more valid. Just because men are more aggressive, that doesn't mean they have to be the only ones going to war. It just means that they'll likely do better at it and be more prone to it (since they don't get pregnant nor have periods as well).

Knowing biology is important, but the contemporary world has made most gender conventions unnecessary, because we don't constantly live in primal needs anymore. Gender ideology just perpetuates disphoria and prejudice.
You mean as in general physicality?

Yes, I agree that, if we omit transgender to the discussion, males and females have different characteristics. But like you said, it also perpetuates gender roles, and consequentially, stigma of defying said roles. Honestly in our age I believe that except for cis woman being pregnant, males and females can do just whatever they want without being labelled as a "male/female thing to do." But our society still haven't reached that part yet.
Oct 3, 2021 11:27 AM

Aug 2018
Cuz its stupid and pointless? and the types of people who do it usually arent normal.. so its basically just embarrassing yourself and telling everyone that you are a freak

Oct 3, 2021 11:30 AM

Oct 2015
Amatniki said:
Cuz its stupid and pointless? and the types of people who do it usually arent normal.. so its basically just embarrassing yourself and telling everyone that you are a freak
Why? So, are you fine if I address you with she/her pronouns?
Oct 3, 2021 11:33 AM

Aug 2018
Desolated said:
Amatniki said:
Why? So, are you fine if I address you with she/her pronouns?

No, but I would tell you im a man if we ever started talking and if you continued to use female pronouns with me i would just block.. really simple tbh

Oct 3, 2021 11:42 AM

Apr 2020
I don't understand the need unless you're a "they" snowflake. Or if you're anonymous and don't clearly signal whether you're a he or she, but then why is it that relevant that it needs to be in your bio. Y'all are being genderfragile.
Oct 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
Thread locked due to Casual Discussion Rule 7.

7. Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed.
This includes but is not limited to topics about:
- gender, sexual orientation, lgbt, homophobia
- race, xenophobia, immigration
- sexual assault, abortion
- pedophilia, lolicon/shotacon, incest, teenage-adult relationships
- politics, political ideologies, laws, policies
- controversial public figures/leaders, hate groups
- religion
- drugs, illegal activities
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

19 by Reki_Retro »»
3 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

6 by Otakupervert890 »»
28 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

306 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - 5 hours ago

4 by AlphaMaleScotty »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

664 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.