Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2021 2:52 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice! brand new OP & ED!!! and of course a time leap!
problem is... Kukuru's struggling with her new deployment at work! but man! Tingaara is so high class big ass aquarium that blows gamagama in every way! a bit harsh for Kukuru but good thing her saviour is here! but it that not a hallucination of Fuuka? lolz
5/5.

Oct 1, 2021 3:23 AM

Oct 2007
this sort of feels like a season 2. New OP and new ED.

assistant director Suwa does not feel like a bad person. He's just ambitious. It looks like he wants Kukuru to be on his level.. that's why he gave her plenty of notes to skim through. He also did not get mad when Kukuru said she did not read yet the notes he mentioned. And during the plankton talk, it even looks like Karin and Akari are smiling / laughing? :p

ok, about Chiyu.. this girl now feels like she's going to be the main antagonist of the anime on this second half. Many (if not all) of her actions towards Kukuru seem spiteful and even malicious. She would probably torment Kukuru throughout this second half.

the return of Fuuka onee-chan. She looks more dependable, and confident this time. She also looks taller now.

looking forward to next week! :)
Liddo-kunOct 1, 2021 3:34 AM
Oct 1, 2021 6:37 AM

Jul 2017
I remember when I thought Kukuru was being a bad boss when she scolded Fuuka after she was bitten by the penguins, instead of seeing if she was alright, especially considering Fuuka didn't have any training for that. But these guys are much worse.

This episode is very real, the work environment is pretty toxic. Kukuru's tutor is pretty incompetent on tutoring someone (though Kukuru's also at fault on not checking the things she needed to check) and Chiyu thinks she's better just for having a higher formation, but I guess she'll get her lesson eventually.

The situationis pretty harsh for Kukuru, dealing with people who feel like asserting they're superior, while knowing nothing about her backstory, I mean she was a highschool student who had to manage a whole aquarium who was about to go down and still managed to hold it for a while, how can the guy claim she isn't talented?

I think this cour will be better than the first one, we'll see. Also, the pythoplancton joke was pretty good.
Oct 1, 2021 8:20 AM
Nov 2020
Lol so I'm just realizing now that this is going to run for 24 episodes. I was wondering why this 13th episode felt like an entirely different anime and new conflicts were arising when I was expecting for a winding down and overall satisfactory resolution to the story.

Oct 1, 2021 8:36 AM
Sep 2016
I have mixed feelings about this EP. Whilst it was still a great EP none the less, I sensed a looming unnecessary dramas in the near horizon. Although, if performed well, such "unnecessary" drama may turn into a driving force for the transformation of the slow paced 1st cour into a more Shirobako-style fast-paced dramas.
Then again, this is P.A. we're talking about. There's always a chance that such dramas may made the 2nd cour into a train wreck instead.
All things said, though, I'd still prefer the slow pacing of the 1st cour rather than a faster one. The slow pacing is actually what attracts me to this anime in the first place.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 1, 2021 12:42 PM
Jan 2021
I haven't watched it, but is this anime there is YURI?
Oct 1, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
Bay9 said:
I haven't watched it, but is this anime there is YURI?

At the moment, still not, but you still have one cour, lol.
Oct 1, 2021 2:01 PM
Jan 2019
The new OP was a pleasant surprise. I’ve been a love live fan for quite a while and the new OP for Aquatope reminds me of idol music. Maybe the show will turn a 180 towards Fuuka’s dream..? I have no idea what this anime will become tbh.. Let’s just hope for a peaceful ending instead of a bad one I don’t have much hope
Oct 1, 2021 8:23 PM

Sep 2015
Well that was weird, at the scene where the subtitle said "Hello" but in Japanese I hear "Otsukaresamadesu" which translates to
"good work"

I think this episode was a very very good oppotunity for Kukurus character development

Yeaah Kukuru, marketing, welcome to reality

Ah so far, Kukuru has not changed

Other than that I like how passive agressive the others are getting on Kukuru.

"I'm going home" *goes to the beach*
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 1, 2021 8:33 PM

Oct 2020
Ah,an episode without Gama-Gama Aquarium but, Tingaara is quite nice. Heh, we got to see Kukuru trying to adapt to her new job in marketing. They're a lot of high egos in the Tingaara staff, a lot of team building is required for everyone to get along. Fuuka decided to make an appearance at the end of this episode. I guess this is a formal return.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2021 8:58 PM

May 2021
why the fuck were all the introduced characters just boring stereotypes lmao the only thing that this episode lacked was the work trainer telling Kukuru to drown in a tank of her own tears. Like ok, toxic workplaces can exist, Japan work culture and shit, why would her friends look past such obviously targeted attitudes? Did they seriously need to make her life twist 180 into the wrong direction to get the point that she doesnt want to be there? I'm so annoyed lmao

Welp the ED was interesting, overall an extremely predictable and hollow start, the fact that they started to play a sad piano song before the """twist""" is just a perfect summary of this episode lmao

Oct 1, 2021 10:36 PM

Jan 2011
damn i was thrown off by the instant timeskip didn't realize it wasn't even that long can't say how many people can grow in just under a year without some serious change

watching Kukuru be so sad after being thrown into the office workforce is rough , as much as i wanted to see Fuu-chan i was totally expecting that to not actually be her there and just kukuru seeing things
Oct 1, 2021 10:50 PM
Aug 2017
Liddo-kun said:
this sort of feels like a season 2. New OP and new ED.

assistant director Suwa does not feel like a bad person. He's just ambitious. It looks like he wants Kukuru to be on his level.. that's why he gave her plenty of notes to skim through. He also did not get mad when Kukuru said she did not read yet the notes he mentioned. And during the plankton talk, it even looks like Karin and Akari are smiling / laughing? :p

ok, about Chiyu.. this girl now feels like she's going to be the main antagonist of the anime on this second half. Many (if not all) of her actions towards Kukuru seem spiteful and even malicious. She would probably torment Kukuru throughout this second half.

the return of Fuuka onee-chan. She looks more dependable, and confident this time. She also looks taller now.

looking forward to next week! :)

Completely agree lol a lot of folks seem to get too caught up on the surface level of the interaction and don't realize everyone (even her boss) is passionate in that line of work. In Suwa's case, of course he doesn't want Kukuru to half ass the job, but he is also gonna say it how it is, which imo is something extremely valuable for someone that was so coddled like Kukuru was.

Except Chiyu. All my homies hate Chiyu.

Gween_Gween said:
why the fuck were all the introduced characters just boring stereotypes lmao the only thing that this episode lacked was the work trainer telling Kukuru to drown in a tank of her own tears. Like ok, toxic workplaces can exist, Japan work culture and shit, why would her friends look past such obviously targeted attitudes? Did they seriously need to make her life twist 180 into the wrong direction to get the point that she doesnt want to be there? I'm so annoyed lmao

Welp the ED was interesting, overall an extremely predictable and hollow start, the fact that they started to play a sad piano song before the """twist""" is just a perfect summary of this episode lmao

Lmaooo "a tank of her own tears"

I like to think Karin and the others didn't interfere because It wouldn't have been appropiate in a work setting. Plus they can't coddle her forever, she needs those harsh experiences in life to grow too.

The director picked Kukuru for that line of work for a reason. Apparently so she understands there is more to an aquarium than looking after the animals, which is something I'm guessing is going to connect with the state of Gama Gama at some point (like Gama Gama closed bc it didn't have proper management or some bull idk).

I agree is a frustrating at points episode but you know, is probably going to be predictable too. Kukuru is gonna adapt and learn, the people at the aquarium are going to warm up to her, Chiyu is going to keep being a cunt for no reason despite being older than Kukuru... The usual.
Oct 1, 2021 11:04 PM

May 2021
4561236 said:

Lmaooo "a tank of her own tears"

I like to think Karin and the others didn't interfere because It wouldn't have been appropiate in a work setting. Plus they can't coddle her forever, she needs those harsh experiences in life to grow too.

The director picked Kukuru for that line of work for a reason. Apparently so she understands there is more to an aquarium than looking after the animals, which is something I'm guessing is going to connect with the state of Gama Gama at some point (like Gama Gama closed bc it didn't have proper management or some bull idk).

I agree is a frustrating at points episode but you know, is probably going to be predictable too. Kukuru is gonna adapt and learn, the people at the aquarium are going to warm up to her, Chiyu is going to keep being a cunt for no reason despite being older than Kukuru... The usual.

More like interfering, which could be potentially inappropiate in a recent job and will antagonize with the other party, it would have been interesting to see them reacting to such behavior (Because we can agree that being extremely passive aggressive or being a comedic level of shit teacher is noticeable, right?), instead we got an autopilot through misery to set something for the next episodes. Like, it would have been more dynamic to have more textured characters that also reacted to others instead of an unnecessary one sided them vs us that is going to be solved anyways in the near future because that is what this show does. Chiyu at one point will change her behavior after we get more insight about her, the trainer at one point will get his own medicine, and Kukuru will learn something

I don't think that learning to face toxic behavior is equal to not having any support through it from your friends, we are not birds that have to fly by themselves, we can have someone supporting us to not face the floor instantly. To force the emotional breakdown to provide the meeting was quite awkward.

Anyways the anime is still enjoyable for what it is, and how Gama Gama will tie with this is an interesting question that I hope I dont have the answer to haha

Oct 2, 2021 6:15 AM

Aug 2013
OP song is much better than 1st one for me. OP animation.... It's another story...

Great episode though.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 2, 2021 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
Bit of a timeskip and everyone has graduated highschool. Expected at least that. Seems the Gama Gama squad didn't necessarily get to pick their positions since they were basically taken in at Gramps request and the new place prob more or less said "yeah we can find a spot for all of em."

Kukuru def over her head now that she has become a cog in the machine as opposed to a director where she could feasibly handle any situation that came up. Her reach is much more small scale now.

At first I thought the director was a hardass but passionate about his job since he went on about wanting to make Tingaara (or w/e tf it's called) a great aquarium and of marketing is at the front of making ppl know about it. But he rly went into dickish land at the end there with the verbal belittlement. A bit too much.
Oct 2, 2021 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
The most important thing, Fukka is still here, they got me with kv and I was scared she will not be in anime anymore :3
Oct 2, 2021 9:34 PM

Jun 2015
Even absent for only one episode, I missed Fuuka, the scene of her appearing was SOOO BEAUTIFUL. Well, it was an immersive episode because it was about difficulties in a work environment, it's really sad to watch when you know these things happen in reality. I liked the guy who said "I hate people" I think we all felt the same in this episode after all. Poor Kukuro, but it's great that Fuuka will never leave her alone, their relationship is pure and soo cute :')
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Oct 3, 2021 12:02 AM

Dec 2015
Swagernator said:
I really dont understand how people come to a realisation that this and Nagi no Asukara are similar shows.

No, just because both feature water, it does not make them similar.

I agree, it's more like Aria than Nagi no Asukara.
Oct 3, 2021 1:35 AM

Apr 2012
antohachan said:
Swagernator said:
I really dont understand how people come to a realisation that this and Nagi no Asukara are similar shows.

No, just because both feature water, it does not make them similar.

I agree, it's more like Aria than Nagi no Asukara.

Lol, what does this show have to do with Aria? Just because it is built on a female leads relationship? Then it has the same power as the theoretical argument about water.
Oct 3, 2021 9:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Somehow, i forget the Aquatope still exist cause i really thought its already over before xd.

Oh boy, Kukuru and her behind-the-never-turned-on-monitor job. The director of Tingaara must be trolling her, even called her assistant director a loving person xd. Though, the office uniform design looks so good and eye-catchy. Blue color really suit well for these series, no matter what place you are in. I really want that assistant director hoodie (if i am not mistaken it).

Well, whatever the rough scenes happened and how its not working out every step she did, Kukuru must need to adapt to that new lifes asap. It surely suck af, i can't help but relate. But, that's how the most grown-up human live works out. Averagely. So, good thing Fuuka-chan magically arrived out of nowhere to relaxed her out of those multiple miseries.

ganbare, Kukuru-chan!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 4, 2021 8:09 PM

Jul 2012
This already feels like a new season to me because the aquarium is now Tingaara, and it's much bigger than Gama Gama. It looks so breathtaking, even Kukuru couldn't help, but to be amazed on how shiny the aquarium have looked upon. Unfortunately though, she would have to deal with her strict staff members if she wants to succeed working in Tingaara, and I can already tell that it's not going to be easy for her. She went alone on the beach as time goes by, but all of the sudden, Fuuka came back, and I couldn't be happier that they get to meet again.

Pretty good episode overall nonetheless, and Kukuru looks quite nice as a businesswoman.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 5, 2021 7:46 AM

Jun 2013
Miss thing from episode 9 went from making a shady and snobby appearance to being the resident passive-aggressive nightmare of a co-worker. Forças, Kukuru
Oct 6, 2021 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
Yey, the Yuri is strong on this one.

Damn, I was annoyed by Kukuru but in this ep I felt bad for her and it was a memory of my last job.

I cant wait for that b*tch to be slapped by Kukuru's success

My Candies:

Oct 6, 2021 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
knktzvra said:
Yey, the Yuri is strong on this one.

Damn, I was annoyed by Kukuru but in this ep I felt bad for her and it was a memory of my last job.

I cant wait for that b*tch to be slapped by Kukuru's success

For example, in what? Fuuka still acts as oneesan for her. According to Japanese cultural norms, this falls short even of the grotesque level of Kamina's Aniki.
Oct 7, 2021 1:56 AM
Jan 2019
The coworker is a real bitch to Kukuru. How dare she
Oct 7, 2021 4:31 AM
Oct 2021
I like it, the new setting at Tingarla and new characters, really feels like Sakura Quest.

On a side note, wonder if anyone here can clear my doubt.

Recently I have been checking the wikipedia page of Aquatope on White Sand, and I realize that the episode list's title is always updated, sometimes 2 episodes ahead! Wonder how people get their hand on the episode titles so fast even way before they were announced on official twitter. Does anyone have an answer?
Oct 7, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2018
You'd think after a time-skip things would change with the characters, not just the way they worked. Like the ice-pop dude, how is it still a habit if you've worked there already for upwards of a year?

Kukuru just needs to stop sulking, she can do it but tries against it.

Side note: Do people really think the boss is a bad guy? Swear all the Croll comments have never worked in a team environment or worked a job because they make it sound like he was overly demanding and harsh. He just has expectations of her, nothing more nothing less.
vF_WackiierOct 7, 2021 11:21 AM
Oct 7, 2021 9:35 PM

Apr 2017
Why am I just waiting for Chiyu to majorly screw up. I can't stand her. Kukuru probably feels she was pigeonholed at work and thinks less of her new position. She seems flustered and overwhelmed. She needs to remember what she's really passionate about and channel her experiences from Gama Gama. Thankfully Fuuka is back! Not that the show gave me any opportunity to miss her lol
Oct 8, 2021 2:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A great new OP and ED but it kinda sad for the episode content, Kukuru working in a field she doesn't like at all and Tingaara aquarium being so different from the previous one with most people that aren't kind at all, it's gonna be tough, but at least she has Fuuka with her now
Oct 8, 2021 5:34 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, it was sad seeing Kukuru struggle and suffer so. And that visiting attendant from the last cour's here, and she's all snobby. I hate her so much. She didn't learn anything from her time at Gama-Gama, and definitely thinks it's beneath her. Somebody should knock some humility into her.

Tingaara is quite the aquarium though. It looks really beautiful and modern, a different approach from the neighbourhood-friendly and homey feel of Gama-Gama.

Fuuka's here~! I wonder why. Also, is it just me or she looks taller? It might be her trousers and/or heels (I'm not sure if she wore heels). But as always, Fuuka looks so pretty ^^ She came in at the right time.

Excited to see what this second cour will bring!
Oct 10, 2021 10:11 PM

Dec 2016
It's surprising to see Kukuru working at the Marketing department. I think that's too technical of a job that I can't imagine Kukuru doing. Tingaara Director might have appointed her to the marketing department because she used to work as an acting director but it was actually in name only she still used to do the jobs of an attendant. So, I think it would be better for them to transfer her to the attendant section.

Most of the employees are so rude. It's completely opposite of Gama Gama. Kukuru too shouldn't argue back with them like that. But she's slowly starting to learn so that's good. It's a good thing that all the old people from Gama Gama are there too so Kukuru wouldn't feel insecure.

It's understandable why Chiyu would be extra rude with Kukuru with an annoying smile. Kukuru did behaved badly with her back at Gama Gama.

So glad to see Fuuka back. At a time like this Kukuru needed her the most.
Oct 23, 2021 7:42 PM
Jun 2012
What the flying f..k has happened to this anime?
Nov 4, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2016
Lmao @ the plankton part.

Great start to the second cour. It's a hopeful new beginning, the opening is putting emphasis on that. But it's also a tough transition for Kukuru. From being the boss to finding yourself in a new environment. Ans no it isn't toxic, I just think her new coworkers are more professional and ambitious, which could come across as being cold for those who aren't used to it. There's a bit more to it however. In truth you could sum up the treatment Kukuru is receiving as tough love in her interest. But for most parts her new coworkers are either friendly or neutral towards the ex Gama Gama gang. I'm looking forward to see more of them.

Partially it's feels like a new series, but it also kept many familiar elements. Fresh direction + existing investment which is imo combining the best of both worlds.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2021 7:55 AM

Aug 2020
man I hate it when people look down open other peoples work or background. I get that Kukuru's a newbie but all they took for gama gama is a rundown place that went bankrupt. Feels bad fr.

Hopefully we see things become better.

on another hand, I'd love to visit an aquarium like tingaara. Would be nice to have a date there.
Nov 21, 2021 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
The anime just keeps getting more and more intersting. Tho its kinda like they simply went from a mini setting to a bigger one.. but yea love seeing her boss just berate her and put her down, tis good to be humble sometimes.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 31, 2022 3:53 AM

Jul 2015
Wise decision to let Kukuru who missed all her classes in high school become part of marketing.

I feel bad for Kukuru but things can only go up ...at least I hope it does.

May 2, 2022 12:38 PM

Mar 2017
I wasn’t sure where they were going to go with this, since ep 12 felt like a natural end but in loving the way it’s become about the characters finding their place in the wider world.

At first I was sad that Kukuru was put in marketing but I actually think she’ll be brilliant there… if her co-workers would give her a damn break!
May 2, 2022 12:39 PM

Mar 2017
Rasco said:
The anime just keeps getting more and more intersting. Tho its kinda like they simply went from a mini setting to a bigger one.. but yea love seeing her boss just berate her and put her down, tis good to be humble sometimes.
I feel like the shift from a small aquarium to a big one is like metaphor for leaving behind the small world you know in school to seeing the wider world as an adult though so I think it’s cool
May 30, 2022 10:01 PM

Apr 2016
I clearly didn't pay too much attention last episode because I got surprised ex-idol girl wasn't there at the beginning.

There is such a weird clash in how they are trying to portray characters being realistic but with an enough dose of antagonism to the idealistic and more usual to anime which are the main cast, imagine getting such a good chance to work at this better place thanks to connections and start acting like you are owe something lol poor Kukuru can't work with animals poor ugly dude can't make his stupid popsicle but then you get can't bother to read my work-related e-mails for some reason let me act like the boss from some Disney Channel movie by giving you some task that you will fail to be tha bad guy of your story just weird and kind of annoying but at least not boring like most episodes.
SafrichhMay 30, 2022 10:14 PM
Sep 12, 2022 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
The fact that Tingaara's director put Kukuru in Sells because she did "good" as Gama Gama's vice-director is pure bs. She did terrible from beginning to end so this outcome feels more like a cheap excuse to add more unnecessary drama to the mix. Like seriously, as if having the two-faces bitch becoming a recurring character wasn't enough already.
Nov 24, 2023 11:38 PM

Nov 2022
I didn't expect Kukuru to be put in marketing. She's been put out of her comfort zone. It's true that the way Tingaara does things is different to how Gama Gama does things, but saying "don't rely on your past experience", was a bit uncalled for. This was her biggest weakness in the first half, and I wonder what she'll do now.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

74 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.