Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 28, 2021 10:44 PM

Dec 2019
I could never. Dogs eat weird shit (my dog ate cat shit one time), like hell I'm going to eat meat of an animal that ate stuff like that XD Though I'm pretty sure pigs eat shit sometimes as well and I eat pork regularly so maybe nothing bad will happen to me?
Even then, I love dogs too much, especially mine, and the thought of eating one makes me a bit sad :(
Sep 28, 2021 10:47 PM

Jun 2019
Amffy said:
Wow.

Imagine feeling this strongly about violence while forgetting about the actual victims; the animals who don't get a fucking choice.

Then again, this is coming from someone who's life goal it is to eat as many animal species as possible. It won't hurt to think critically for 5 seconds about how your "choices" affect your victims

I don't know why you would ever for a second think to imply that I'm not fully aware and cognizant of the implications of my choices to eat any particular creature. I'm neither vegetarian nor vegan, and nor am I braindead, an infant, or someone who covers their eyes and ears to what's going on in the world, so of course I know full well what has happened, is happening daily, and will continue to happen to them. I just do not actually care about the consequences of such because in reality, those animals are not in short supply to the ecosystem to begin with. So their numbers being thinned ultimately has no negative bearing on all on some future of the Earth/galaxy/universe or anything so grandiose. It only matters to them. Which is fine and logical and obvious. But it doesn't matter to me at all.

And before you dismiss this as a human supremacist view, the human population is overpopulated as well (moreso than most other species even) by billions and I'd be fine with an Earth of 1 billion or less, 1 - 2 billion at most, rather than 7.5+ billion and counting. So I don't hold humans exempt in any exclusive or exalted place and don't really think the species in question matters at all unless they're on the verge of extinction and preservation is required for biodiversity maintenance.

I don't "feel that strongly about violence" because I'm some unrealistic pacifistic idealist. I simply don't want to see the views of others I disagree with turned into policy and forcibly imposed on me myself or the general population and believe such a prospect should be actively resisted at every turn. This is just one such example.
WatchTillTandavaSep 28, 2021 10:56 PM
Sep 28, 2021 11:09 PM

Sep 2019
As someone that has a dog running around the house, Not once have I ever felt like grilling them and having them for dinner.
Sep 28, 2021 11:21 PM

Aug 2020
Never had dog meat before but I'm not completely against it

ใ€Œ ๐•‚๐•–๐•ช ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•š๐••๐•–๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค, ๐•ค๐•™๐• ๐•จ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ใ€

Sep 28, 2021 11:31 PM

Dec 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
Preachee said:
Call me a hypocrite but I simply refuse to ever eat a piece of meat from a dog. I just don't want to do it. And yeah I don't give a shit about cows or sheep or whatever, so yeah you could say my only principle when it comes to animal slaughtering is that I accept the death of the animals I eat. I don't accept a dogs being slaughtered for meat, so I don't eat it. You could also make the argument that this is quite a flimsy principle, and if I ever get too attached to other animals, I may also refuse to eat them in the future. Well so be it then.

I don't think anyone has to justify what they themselves choose to eat or not eat. I would eat dog meat and consider any ideological or philosophical opposition to it as hypocritical, but at the same time, an individual simply choosing not to eat it because they oppose, for all manner of different idiosyncratic reasons, or just don't like the taste or for no reason at all even doesn't even require a justification in the first place.

It's when the people who do not/would not eat it (or any other type of meat or food in general) preach to those who do/would about how bad/"evil"/unenlightened/crazy/stupid/"backward"/etc. they are for making a choice with their own dietary consumption and bodies which goes against their own. That's when I advocate calling the hypocrisy out. Especially if said people attempt to force their views on others, like an entire jurisdiction and population by force of law or other forms of force, coercion, violence, and threats. That then is when such people need to be resolutely stopped in their tracks from imposing their will on everyone else. Short of that, it's a personal choice what anyone eats or doesn't eat.

Well vegans always ask me the same question, "if you refuse to eat dogs, what makes it ok to eat cows and other species alike?" to which my response is always the same, "I don't care. I just don't like eating dogs."

I guess it has become somewhat of a response mechanism at this point. Coz whenever talking about this topic, I usually end up being called a hypocrite irl. So yeah if that's the logic people often follow, then I don't mind being called out anyway.

Tokis86 said:
Tropisch said:

Aaaand blocked, I literally cannot take you seriously.

I don't know you but if thats your take, then I don't care to know you. Good bye unmemorable person.

You didn't even have to reply to a response like that. It just means either dude doesn't have anything better to say, or he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Now I'm not gonna say I agree with most of everything you say, but at least I can't deny the genuine effort for a good discussion from you. Seriously, a response like that speaks for itself. You just gotta ignore it.
. . .
Sep 28, 2021 11:59 PM

Aug 2019
There are many dogs that were historically bred for meat throughout human history across many civilizations.
Also cows have been domesticated as partners in the same way as dogs in Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist populations. There was historically an extremely strict beef taboo that forbade people from consuming beef in Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Sri lanka etc. Basically the entirety of south and east asia where there was Buddhist and Hindu influence
Sep 29, 2021 12:06 AM

Feb 2020
If a person can eat Chicken, Fish, Cow Meat etc then why not Dog Meat. Tho I would still Avoid eating it.

Desolated said:
I personally believe that as long as the animal aren't some sort of endangered species, people should be able to eat any animal they want.
Exactly

But that Curel treatment is done to all Animals. Do you think Chicken or Pigs are butchered with Care so they do not feel any pain? The same goes with the Disease they might be carrying like Stray Dogs.

Either All Meat should be Banned or None at all.
Archfiend836Sep 29, 2021 6:32 AM
Sep 29, 2021 12:09 AM

Oct 2015
Amffy said:
Desolated said:

Well, some animals eat another animals too. Do you think a Zebra have a choice to not be eaten by a Lion?

Animals also rape each other.

If you're basing your ethics on wild animal behaviour then you need to rethink your position.
No?

I'd rather fill my nutrition checklist than caring about animals that don't even care of me.

Also @Archfiend836 fix your quote lol
Sep 29, 2021 12:19 AM

Apr 2015
@Preachee Why should I give an actual response when they've literally called me "ignorant" and "trying to shut down a discussion" along with them being completely hostile towards anyone saying a positive opinion on the topic? Don't try to say I don't know what I'm talking about either, since I know first hand from people I know that ate dog meat because there was nothing else for them else to eat at one point in their life.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 29, 2021 3:04 AM

Oct 2014
I would do it. I think dog meat would be exotic so if presented i'd definitely give it a go. Don't really understand how people can chow the bones off a chicken thigh to the nib but a dog is somehow a sacred being. I wouldn't eat chihuahua just cause i hate those fuckers alot that I don't think they should have any use or place of being in live or after death.
Sep 29, 2021 3:42 AM

Jun 2019
@Kosmonaut It seems that @Desolated is quite upset about your replies in the other thread.
Sep 29, 2021 6:01 AM
Jan 2020
Rabies and other human diseases that dogs have is reason enough to think its bad.
inactive
Sep 29, 2021 6:05 AM

Aug 2020
Lol that's so distgusting, you know just because dogs have meat in them doesn't mean every animal is eatable. some animals have bacteria inside of them which causes people to get sick. that's why those chinese people got sick and died because they ate bat, and you aren't suspose to eat bat. also dogs aren't very nutritious. cats and dogs are just those types of animals that you don't eat but animals like pig, cow, goat etc. are acceptable.
the only type of meats I eat are :

fish
chicken
cow
goat
pork
turkey

and that's all, i don't eat any other animals than the ones i listed.
_korone_Sep 29, 2021 6:23 AM

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Sep 29, 2021 6:19 AM

Nov 2020
Dog meat "might be" similar to bear meat, and bear meat (I havent eaten but read about it) has a very gamey taste. I said similar because dogs and bears are predators and their meat is rough, unlike herbivore meat. So without proper cooking techniques they will taste extreme.

And if you are asking about subjective reasons, then I won't eat dog meat, not because they are pets or I love dogs (I have neutral feelings towards them), but because they don't seem edible. But anybody else can eat them.
WutIsDisSep 29, 2021 6:58 AM
If you ever feel bored and are questioning the meaning of your existence, read deez blogs. Maybe you will find your answers.
Sep 29, 2021 6:37 AM

Oct 2015
RedCesar said:
Rabies and other human diseases that dogs have is reason enough to think its bad.

_korone_ said:
Lol that's so distgusting, you know just because dogs have meat in them doesn't mean every animal is eatable. some animals have bacteria inside of them which causes people to get sick. that's why those chinese people got sick and died because they ate bat, and you aren't suspose to eat bat. also dogs aren't very nutritious. cats and dogs are just those types of animals that you don't eat but animals like pig, cow, goat etc. are acceptable.

fish
chicken
cow
goat
pork
turkey

But not only dogs can carry diseases.

Cows can have anthrax and Taenia saginata
Chickens? There used to be H5N1 outbreak back then
Lamb/Goat? Hypertension
Pork? H1N1 outbreak, and Taenia solium

Also overt meat consumption in general increases risk of colon cancer.
Sep 29, 2021 6:42 AM

Aug 2020
Desolated said:
RedCesar said:

_korone_ said:

fish
chicken
cow
goat
pork
turkey

Lamb/Goat? Hypertension

so if it cows, chickens, goat, pork carry diseases how come i haven't caught any of those diseases? I have been eating meat since i was a toddler and never in my life have i ever got sick from eating those meats.
_korone_Sep 29, 2021 6:50 AM

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Sep 29, 2021 6:53 AM

Oct 2015
_korone_ said:
Desolated said:

Lamb/Goat? Hypertension

so if it cows, chickens, goat, pork carry diseases how come i haven't caught any of those diseases? I have been eating meat since i was a toddler and never in my life have i ever got sick from eating those meats.

Because the methods of cooking and hygiene obviously.

I have eaten dog meat for like 10 times and never once 1 got any disease from it. Just a bit of stomach burns on like 3 times of it but that's because they used a lot of spicy seasonings and I can got stomach burns as well from eating any type of dishes with those spicy seasonings. I'm a living proof that eating dogs won't cause you any diseases, if cooked properly.
Sep 29, 2021 7:21 AM

Mar 2012
Finmeister said:
Well it feels weird since I'm used to thinking of dogs and cats and companions rather than food. It is also less economical to raise carnivores for food than it is to raise herbivores for food. With herbivores, you have to raise food to feed your food. With carnivores, you have to raise food to feed you're food's food. Let's look at it mathematically. If you want to raise an herbivore to eat, you may need 5 pounds of feed to produce 1 pound of herbivore meat. If you want to raise a carnivore to eat, you may nee to produce 5 pounds of herbivore meat to produce 1 pound of carnivore meat. Each pound of herbivore meat requires 5 pounds of feed, so you would need a total of 25 pounds of feed to produce 1 pound of carnivore meat.
Chickens are omnivores just like dogs so your argument is bullshit.
Sep 29, 2021 7:25 AM

Dec 2015
No that's gross, I'll stick to eating cats.
Sep 29, 2021 7:26 AM

Nov 2017
No, I would never eat a dog. It just feels wrong.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Sep 29, 2021 7:39 AM

Dec 2018
Tropisch said:
@Preachee Why should I give an actual response when they've literally called me "ignorant" and "trying to shut down a discussion" along with them being completely hostile towards anyone saying a positive opinion on the topic? Don't try to say I don't know what I'm talking about either, since I know first hand from people I know that ate dog meat because there was nothing else for them else to eat at one point in their life.

Honestly if that much already bothered you then I shouldn't take you too seriously either. I detect absolutely no aggression or condescension in that post, so if I were you, I'd gladly have a nice discussion. The only one who seems to not be open for any discussion that I can see here, at least in this case, is you. No offense of course. Maybe try reading the response again? It seems like you're being a bit too presumptuous about what the post implies and, if I'm being a bit too blunt, twisting the narrative to your own liking. I seriously could not see the post any other way than decently amicable. But yeah, you do you. If you're too bothered then I won't add anything further.
. . .
Sep 29, 2021 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
Preachee said:
Tropisch said:

Honestly if that much already bothered you then I shouldn't take you too seriously either. I detect absolutely no aggression or condescension in that post, so if I were you, I'd gladly have a nice discussion. The only one who seems to not be open for any discussion that I can see here, at least in this case, is you. No offense of course. Maybe try reading the response again? It seems like you're being a bit too presumptuous about what the post implies and, if I'm being a bit too blunt, twisting the narrative to your own liking. I seriously could not see the post any other way than decently amicable. But yeah, you do you. If you're too bothered then I won't add anything further.

Sure, whatever you say and makes you feel better, sorry for having a different opinion other than "eating dog meat bad".
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 29, 2021 10:26 AM
Oct 2020
there was a controverial german internet site called "gegenhund" (againstdog) where they advocated against having dogs. they had a form where you could report people for not paying dog tax. they had a calculator for how much of what poision you need for how much kg of dog. and they also had dog recipees (with pictures). suckling dog for example. it was pretty disgusting site. i think most people went there for the shock value. anyway, it seems it is no longer online. when i was a kid someone introduced me to it because it was funny. i feel disgusted by the thought of eating dog. i am not a rationalist who trys to overrule his feelings so that is enough for me to not do it.
Sep 29, 2021 11:24 AM

Dec 2018
Tropisch said:
Preachee said:

Sure, whatever you say and makes you feel better, sorry for having a different opinion other than "eating dog meat bad".

Ok at this point, anything slightly differs from your own view is instantly viewed with hostility huh. None of your post makes much of an argument anyway. Honestly, if you've already posted publicly on a forum page, you should've expected this. But I guess you just hate it when people reply without total agreement to your post. There's always a mutual ground for the 'agree to disagree', but not that I think you'd care. But yeah unless you're willing enough to have a talk with me instead of your short non-substance response, I guess you've made yourself clear enough.
. . .
Sep 29, 2021 12:24 PM
Oct 2018
This post just made me curious about dog meat taste tbh
--
Sep 29, 2021 3:29 PM

Oct 2015
Milzol said:
there was a controverial german internet site called "gegenhund" (againstdog) where they advocated against having dogs. they had a form where you could report people for not paying dog tax. they had a calculator for how much of what poision you need for how much kg of dog. and they also had dog recipees (with pictures). suckling dog for example. it was pretty disgusting site. i think most people went there for the shock value. anyway, it seems it is no longer online. when i was a kid someone introduced me to it because it was funny. i feel disgusted by the thought of eating dog. i am not a rationalist who trys to overrule his feelings so that is enough for me to not do it.

So you're more of a feeling guy regarding this matter? alright then, just eat whatever u feels like lol
Sep 29, 2021 4:15 PM
ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚

Apr 2013
I wouldn't be able to do it. To me, it's just wrong.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Sep 29, 2021 5:29 PM

Oct 2019
for me it’s no, i would never.
i think though for others it’s acceptable as we favor different things based off our cultures. i usually don’t judge.

Sep 29, 2021 6:40 PM
Aug 2011
Desolated said:
MF_Kane said:
yus lets eat random shit and start another pandemic

Lol. If this is true then Manado people would've already extinct since they eat basically every living animals. The whole pandemic originated from exotic animal thing is just a huge fearmongering for me.

It's not. Those coronaviruses we get now come from bat viruses.

Recently they've been sampling more wild bat populations in the region, and they finally found the closest version to Covid-19 yet. Basically all the unknown stuff like the spike proteins, it's all found in the wild versions:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/closest-known-relatives-of-virus-behind-covid-19-found-in-laos/

Basically almost disease came from animals originally: diseases species-hop all the time. The difference is that with farm animals, they co-exist with humans so humans have already been exposed to those diseases, so we have some immunity built up over generations.

But for some disease from bats in a cave: either you won't get it AT ALL or it'll infect you and really fuck you up, and there's basically no middle ground there. A comparison would be with how European diseases spread and wiped out half the native Americans. All those diseases originate from farm animals in Europe, but *to the natives* those were "exotic animals" so they didn't have any defenses.
cipheronSep 29, 2021 6:53 PM
Sep 29, 2021 6:47 PM

Jun 2019
WutIsDis said:
Dog meat "might be" similar to bear meat, and bear meat (I havent eaten but read about it) has a very gamey taste. I said similar because dogs and bears are predators and their meat is rough, unlike herbivore meat. So without proper cooking techniques they will taste extreme.

And if you are asking about subjective reasons, then I won't eat dog meat, not because they are pets or I love dogs (I have neutral feelings towards them), but because they don't seem edible. But anybody else can eat them.

I have eaten bear and bear meat isn't necessarily gamey - at least in the very pungent and negative sense that you're probably using the term here and people usually associate with it. Bears are omnivorous and bear meat's flavor profile is heavily influenced by its diet. I have found bear to be particularly rank and with an extra fishy taste right pre-hibernation before stocking up on salmon and yet by contrast the meat has a delicate sweetness and almost fragrant, fruity component to it in the springtime (when I imagine their diet is much more centered on things like blueberries, general berries, and other fruits and seeds and the like).
Sep 29, 2021 10:26 PM

Oct 2015
cipheron said:
Desolated said:

Lol. If this is true then Manado people would've already extinct since they eat basically every living animals. The whole pandemic originated from exotic animal thing is just a huge fearmongering for me.

It's not. Those coronaviruses we get now come from bat viruses.

Recently they've been sampling more wild bat populations in the region, and they finally found the closest version to Covid-19 yet. Basically all the unknown stuff like the spike proteins, it's all found in the wild versions:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/closest-known-relatives-of-virus-behind-covid-19-found-in-laos/

Basically almost disease came from animals originally: diseases species-hop all the time. The difference is that with farm animals, they co-exist with humans so humans have already been exposed to those diseases, so we have some immunity built up over generations.

But for some disease from bats in a cave: either you won't get it AT ALL or it'll infect you and really fuck you up, and there's basically no middle ground there. A comparison would be with how European diseases spread and wiped out half the native Americans. All those diseases originate from farm animals in Europe, but *to the natives* those were "exotic animals" so they didn't have any defenses.
So basically you said ethnicity who eat everything living have the best immune system, right? Well I should go try eat a lot of things to boost my immune system then I guess, lol.
Sep 29, 2021 10:52 PM
Aug 2011
Desolated said:
So basically you said ethnicity who eat everything living have the best immune system, right? Well I should go try eat a lot of things to boost my immune system then I guess, lol.

No, people who eat anything have the most diseases. Over centuries that kills most of the people who can't handle it. If you go eating bats right now, you'll die off, thus strengthening the gene pool because YOU ARE NOT IN IT. It works out like this because most of the people are poisoned from diseases from the infected animals, thus only leaving the poison-proof people to breed the next generation.

https://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/americapox
cipheronSep 29, 2021 10:57 PM
Sep 29, 2021 10:54 PM

Jun 2020
no i dont like the sound of it and i dont even feel like they'd taste good
Sep 29, 2021 11:04 PM

Oct 2015
cipheron said:
Desolated said:

No, people who eat anything have the most diseases. Over centuries that kills most of the people who can't handle it. If you go eating bats right now, you'll die off, thus strengthening the gene pool because YOU ARE NOT IN IT. It works out like this because most of the people are poisoned from diseases from the infected animals, thus only leaving the poison-proof people to breed the next generation.

https://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/americapox

But what if I'm immune to said "poison"? I think I'll do just fine then, lol.
Sep 29, 2021 11:09 PM
Aug 2011
Desolated said:

Well, some animals eat another animals too. Do you think a Zebra have a choice to not be eaten by a Lion?

But that's not the argument here. Watch the whole CGP Grey video. Bringing live wild animals into big cities is basically *begging* for there to be big plague outbreaks.

Especially BATS which have coronaviruses which have jumped multiple times to humans causing massive deadly outbreaks. If you haven't noticed, half the world is currently fucked because of this exact issue. Asshats just need to stop bringing live bats into cities to sell for meat. This is AT LEAST the THIRD TIME that bat coronaviruses have jumped to humans in the last 20 years and caused plague outbreaks.

The lion and zebra don't have a choice in the matter, but bringing in live wild animals to big cities, which are basically plague incubators is like arguing that since everyone needs toilets it's a good idea to lick the toilet bowl.
cipheronSep 29, 2021 11:15 PM
Sep 29, 2021 11:21 PM
Jun 2019
Currently in class but it was the topic a couple of minutes ago ^^
Sep 30, 2021 12:30 AM

Jul 2021
i've eaten once but not intentionally. I went to eat goat meat and fried rice in a restaurant and they faked that with dog meat too many customers and i was a part of that. later it was revealed in the news and those restaurants were closed permanently. really it tasted exactly like goat meat(kinda good : ) )
Sep 30, 2021 12:42 AM

Jan 2021
Nah eating a dog or cat just feels wrong very wrong.
Sep 30, 2021 1:11 AM
May 2009
Food is food. I won't purposely look for Dog meat to eat.
But if I am starving I would eat it. Just like if I wanted to survive and there is a freshly dead human corpse I might be desperate enough to eat them just to survive.
Sep 30, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
Kaito_ryoki said:
Currently in class but it was the topic a couple of minutes ago ^^
really? What do they discuss about the dog meat? The ethics? The philosophy? Or the taste? XD
Sep 30, 2021 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Nope. Had pet cat and dog so I just can't.
Sep 30, 2021 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
No and never would but I am not going to act like it's not incredibly arbitrary. Even from the perspective of dogs and cats form close social bonds with humans cows, sheep and other animals we do eat can too.

Eh I still like eating chicken and the occasional bit of beef but it's not like I get why some people are uncomfortable knowing another animal died for you to enjoy said meal. Personally though I mean the world is ruthless and cruel when it comes to consumption. I mean cats for instance need protein to survive. Regardless though I only see arguments against eating meat on the basis of meat overconsumption leading to environmental issues and industrial farming. Still honestly if vat tube meat was able to basically replicate everything I would honestly rather go for that than one killed from an animal.

Ultimately I do see eating dogs/cats as disgusting but I honestly wouldn't be able to morally condemn said people as long as they were trying to ensure that animal suffering is minimal when killing it.
BilboBaggins365Sep 30, 2021 2:51 PM
Sep 30, 2021 9:53 PM

Oct 2014
As a vegetarian I don't really see it as any different from eating any other domesticated animals. Sure, dogs are usually pets here, but over in India cows are pets. Pet status is a very subjective thing and if you want to have a pet pig or duck you're generally allowed to, even if people in your area see those as food rather than friends (although sometimes you do have hoops to jump through to get atypical pets).
Sep 30, 2021 11:45 PM

Oct 2020
The idea of eating dogs is gross to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2021 3:31 AM
Jun 2021
Why would you kill them?

They're such happy creatures.You have chicken,fish and etc available.

Why would you want to wake up one day and be like "You know what?I want to taste a dog"
Oct 1, 2021 3:36 AM

Oct 2015
Anime_Freak01022 said:
Why would you kill them?

Why would you want to wake up one day and be like "You know what?I want to taste a dog"
What makes you think dog isn't equal of an animal compared to chicken or fish? For me both are simply just animals with none being more special to another.
Oct 1, 2021 3:54 AM
Jun 2021
Desolated said:
Anime_Freak01022 said:
Why would you kill them?

What makes you think dog isn't equal of an animal compared to chicken or fish? For me both are simply just animals with none being more special to another.

Chicken is meat that's eaten by everyone usually.

Who likes to eat dog as meat.

They're dogs.

And who are we to decide the worth of an animal to another animal species.

We're humans,we don't interfere.
Anime_Freak01022Oct 1, 2021 3:58 AM
Oct 1, 2021 4:32 AM

Oct 2015
Anime_Freak01022 said:
Desolated said:

They're dogs.

Well, I can assure you that a lot of people like eating dog meat here where I live.

Exactly. It's YOU who think that dog is more "sacred" to chicken and therefore shall not be eaten.
Oct 1, 2021 5:03 AM
Jun 2021
Desolated said:
Anime_Freak01022 said:

They're dogs.

Well, I can assure you that a lot of people like eating dog meat here where I live.

Exactly. It's YOU who think that dog is more "sacred" to chicken and therefore shall not be eaten.

That's what I'm saying,nobody should take my opinion seriously I don't have opinions I just eat if it's the type of animal that I think is right to eat........And I love dogs too so that's also probably the reason.

Anime_Freak01022Oct 1, 2021 8:21 AM
Oct 1, 2021 6:44 AM

Jan 2020
I love dogs and I'd personally never choose to eat one.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

41 by -Jahra »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

24 by -Jahra »»
18 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

28 by vasipi4946 »»
18 minutes ago

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
30 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
43 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.