Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 28, 2021 3:50 AM

Aug 2021
madhouse should have given us a season 2 instead of this crap... this movie is so boring that i slept halfway through but i resisted and forced myself to watch this movie all the way to the finish line. i enjoyed no game no life but no game no life zero is shit... should have been called no sleep no life zero!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2021 4:04 AM

Jun 2010
See it exactly the opposite - the movie was great and the series was just not my type of show. In the movie I at least somewhat liked the characters and the story was more serious and emotional and you also get way more world building. All aspects that were rather lacking in the series.

As far as the series is concerned I have to say that Mondaiji is the better NGNL.
Sep 28, 2021 4:06 AM

Sep 2018
Many people disagree but I also think that season 1 >>>>> movie
Sep 28, 2021 4:08 AM
Feb 2021
I see the movie once and almost fell asleep
Yet i like the NGNL s1 more but damn...my eyes hurt

Sep 28, 2021 4:12 AM

Aug 2021
Asturaetus said:
See it exactly the opposite - the movie was great and the series was just not my type of show. In the movie I at least somewhat liked the characters and the story was more serious and emotional and you also get way more world building. All aspects that were rather lacking in the series.

As far as the series is concerned I have to say that Mondaiji is the better NGNL.

You cant understand ngnl zero without ngnl so how did you enjoyed ngnl zero in the first place if you found ngnl to be boring?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2021 4:13 AM
Mar 2021
I personally prefer the movie to the show, only because of how emotionally attached I felt about the 2 main characters by the end of the movie. But I still enjoyed the main series.
Sep 28, 2021 4:14 AM

Aug 2021
203rd said:

yet you gave them a same rating
Sep 28, 2021 4:16 AM

Jul 2021
I think that the movie is pretty good, just my opinion :D
poorblaSep 28, 2021 5:17 AM
Sep 28, 2021 4:18 AM

Feb 2020
The movie was better than anime in my opinion. It more more plot focused and lesser fan service. both are good, but series have too much fan service. And movies ending was just too much impactful
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 28, 2021 4:19 AM

Jan 2021
Even the season is crap.
Thank God, I didn't watched this too.
Sep 28, 2021 4:39 AM
Feb 2021
MALstinks said:
203rd said:

I mean that i enjoy both the movie and s1 so yeah i gave the movie 8.2 and ngnl 8.28

Sep 28, 2021 4:41 AM
Mar 2020
The movie alright to good in my opinion. There is certainly some depth to some of the characters and are somewhat likeable. It has an interesting set up and premise. The main issue I had with the movie was pacing. It’s a lot of interesting ideas and potentially interesting characters but it was way too rushed. I’d happily take the movie over the series any day though.

Seriously I absolutely hated the series which was full of unlikable characters, poorly developed characters, pacing issues, multiple plot holes, doesn’t even follow its own logic, fan service, very little stakes involved and multiple other issues. Don’t get how it’s so popular.

No Game No Life is a prime example of a series with great art style/animation and an interesting concept but fails to deliver in every other aspect and executed poorly. No Game No Life Zero movie on the other hand is an example of a movie with great characters, set up, story, setting and animation etc but is bogged down in the movie being too rushed. Movie is still good though.
I’d rather rewatch the movie than bore or cringe too much while watching the series that’s just my opinion though.
Sep 28, 2021 4:45 AM

Jun 2010
MALstinks said:

You cant understand ngnl zero without ngnl so how did you enjoyed ngnl zero in the first place if you found ngnl to be boring?

Huh? How does me not liking the series (didn't really mention it being boring) - affect me understanding the story? I understood it just fine.

It's just that I mainly didn't like the characters in the series and found a lot of their antics as not that funny and actually oftentimes quite mean-spirited. And I was severely disappointed by the rather limited focus of the series. For a story that's about going to another world that's supposedly works on different rules where everything is solved by games you actually saw very little of the world itself and how these rules actually impacted the people, society at large, etc.

That's why I said I liked Mondaiji more because that one has basically the same set up as NGNL but actually gives considerable focus to these aspects.
Sep 28, 2021 4:53 AM
Apr 2021
MALstinks said:
madhouse should have given us a season 2 instead of this crap... this movie is so boring that i slept halfway through but i resisted and forced myself to watch this movie all the way to the finish line. i enjoyed no game no life but no game no life zero is shit... should have been called no sleep no life zero!
"boring"? haha its just cz ur brain is too stupid to understand the storyline. u better watch cartoon network shows.
Sep 28, 2021 4:55 AM

May 2021
This movie was so incredibly average to me. The story was alright, just really slow and boring. And that characters are even less interesting than the ones in the original series. It was honestly hard to keep track watching it and know whats going on
Sep 28, 2021 5:04 AM

Aug 2021
203rd said:
MALstinks said:

I mean that i enjoy both the movie and s1 so yeah i gave the movie 8.2 and ngnl 8.28

you liked s1 more than movie by giving 0.8 score more???
Sep 28, 2021 5:11 AM

Aug 2021
KaiMelyne said:
MALstinks said:
"boring"? haha its just cz ur brain is too stupid to understand the storyline. u better watch cartoon network shows.

says the person who gave both of them a 10/10
Sep 28, 2021 5:16 AM
Jul 2019
Agreed this movie was so boring.
Sep 28, 2021 6:08 AM
Feb 2021
MALstinks said:
203rd said:

you liked s1 more than movie by giving 0.8 score more???

Correction 0.08
But bruh literally just changing one thing could change everything no matter how small it is

Sep 28, 2021 6:50 AM

Jan 2020
Congratulations with your shit take lmao
Sep 28, 2021 6:50 AM

May 2021
I only enjoy in the movie was the Robot girl fighting scene and how the god touch the thingy that make him the no.1 god
Sep 28, 2021 8:56 AM
May 2020
MALstinks said:
Asturaetus said:

You don't have to see NGNL to see the movie, there's almost nothing in the movie you need to know about prior other than the very beginning and end, the rest is all new characters, settings, and plot. The movie is the prequel to the show, so time wise some people prefer to watch the movie first.
Sep 28, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2019
Thank you MALstinks, I will no longer enjoy this movie.

You should write a review on it tbh.
Sep 28, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2021
Shamsy said:

another idiot who gave ngnl and ngnlz a 10/10 no time to waste on a biased reviewer like u
Sep 28, 2021 9:03 AM

Jan 2020
MALstinks said:
Shamsy said:

another idiot who gave ngnl and ngnlz a 10/10 no time to waste on a biased reviewer like u

Keep holding Ls kiddo
Sep 28, 2021 9:07 AM

Aug 2021
BlueWaze said:
I only enjoy in the movie was the Robot girl fighting scene and how the god touch the thingy that make him the no.1 god
this comment doesnt make any sense
Sep 28, 2021 9:09 AM

Aug 2021
Shamsy said:
MALstinks said:

Keep holding Ls kiddo

you really got shit taste if you put that sao ordinal scale in your favorite anime category in your profile
Sunproof21Sep 28, 2021 9:14 AM
Sep 28, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2020
MALstinks said:
Shamsy said:

Keep holding Ls kiddo

you really got shit taste if you put that sao ordinal scale in your favorite anime category in your profile

Careful
MALstinks said:
Shamsy said:

Keep holding Ls kiddo

Your faves just have Shonen characters LOL please my sides
Sep 28, 2021 9:25 AM

Aug 2021
Shamsy said:
MALstinks said:

Careful
MALstinks said:

you give every isekai anime a 10/10 so keep quiet weeb
Sep 28, 2021 9:27 AM
Geass
Apr 2020
The movie was actual really good just dont view it as no game no life because the different characters
๐ผ๐’ป ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘œ๐’น ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“Œ๐’ฝ๐“Ž ๐’น๐‘œ ๐’พ๐“‰ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ป๐“‡๐‘’๐‘’

https://i.imgur.com/qTzFIST.jpg
Sep 28, 2021 9:28 AM

Jan 2020
MALstinks said:
Shamsy said:

Careful

bet you dont have a brain to understand gintama!

There's literally NOTHING complex about Gintama. But boy do you look original with your Gintama/FMAB/Shonen character profile ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 28, 2021 9:31 AM

Aug 2021
Shamsy said:
MALstinks said:

bet you dont have a brain to understand gintama!

There's literally NOTHING complex about Gintama. But boy do you look original with your Gintama/FMAB/Shonen character profile ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

oh you give every isekai anime a 10/10 thats how dumb are you!

btw gintama is a complex anime i can see your anime list
Sep 28, 2021 9:41 AM

Jan 2020
MALstinks said:
Shamsy said:

About as complex as figuring out your shitty grammar in these awful takes you're replying with. Watch something good, everyone knows romance > shonen anyway
Sep 28, 2021 9:45 AM

Aug 2021
Shamsy said:
MALstinks said:

About as complex as figuring out your shitty grammar in these awful takes you're replying with. Watch something good, everyone knows romance > shonen anyway

Says the person who replied me with emojis I ain't cringe like you who uses emojis. Speaking of romance most of the isekai animes have forced romance, which sucks balls. But I cant explain it to an isekai lover like you can I?
Sep 28, 2021 10:06 AM
Nov 2018
People get so mad about sht that dont matter. Ey you found the film boiring ,cool. I found it mildly entertaining, good for me. And then i see that someone is taking jabs at other people’s taste. Shame on ya’all. If i want to give KissXSiss a 10 that’s my choice. Be nice๐Ÿ˜ค
Sep 28, 2021 3:40 PM
Apr 2021
MALstinks said:
KaiMelyne said:

says the person who gave both of them a 10/10
haha i gave both cz i enjoyed this series, for rating, its my own personal right. and i dont even give a fck what other people say, especially from someone who says a great anime is "shit". u better stick with gintama only kid, cz there is nothing complex in gintama.
LlunaticSep 28, 2021 3:45 PM
Sep 28, 2021 5:20 PM
Nov 2020
KiR4T said:
Even the season is crap.
Thank God, I didn't watched this too.
Then what are you doing here? Just leaving childish comments?
Sep 29, 2021 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
It was actually really good. Much darker than the anime and with much higher stakes and emotionally super charged.

Its hella confusing though, they could have done a 100% better job explaining things.
Sep 30, 2021 9:49 AM
Oct 2019
it was shit? hah, i thought it was pretty good. the ending had me crying lots. 10/10 would watch it again.
Dec 4, 2021 10:56 AM

Nov 2020
I watched it yesterday night 2am and slept just 4 minutes into watching the movie and woke up to find that It was my first time watching anime that I've slept with earphones on, So I completed the movie when I had good sleep so that I don't feel sleepy
Dec 4, 2021 9:52 PM

Aug 2021
zensh said:
I watched it yesterday night 2am and slept just 4 minutes into watching the movie and woke up to find that It was my first time watching anime that I've slept with earphones on, So I completed the movie when I had good sleep so that I don't feel sleepy
so you found the movie boring?good
Nov 17, 2022 11:04 PM

Dec 2014
Maybe you found it boring because you slept halfway through. Hard to watch a movie when you are sleeping, and missing half of the story...
Jan 21, 3:38 AM
Aug 2017
if you prefer intense psychological warfare and game suspense, then season 1 is for you but if you prefer wider lore, actions and emotional scenes then the movie is a great choice. But I like both, so both movie and season 1 is great

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life: Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jul 15, 2017

354 by eineluisa »»
Mar 5, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Schwi + Riku > Sora + Shiro

NotaMasterpiev - May 12, 2023

10 by Ionliosite2 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Poll: » Preferred the movie to the series

Cestlavie_ - Jan 27, 2022

11 by removed-user »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:43 AM

» watch order?

Raulfin - May 26, 2022

18 by solomino »»
May 28, 2022 2:13 PM

» My problem

Immortalbeing - Apr 4, 2022

16 by Blank_BDM »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.