Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 27, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For an isekai, it looks interesting, kinda reminded me of Mushoku Tensei but without perverted jokes. I like the undead characters, but I have the feeling something bad is gonna happen to them.

The "twist" at the end wasn't as bad as I thought, but I liked how it made Will closer to his undead adoptive family. Let's see what route this series will take.
IllyricusSep 27, 2021 1:26 PM
Sep 29, 2021 10:49 AM
Jun 2019
I am intrigued at least... now with all the usual stuff I watched ending will have at least something to look forward to <3
Oct 3, 2021 2:06 PM
Sep 2016
The pacing was a bit too fast, especially as a LN reader, but I took a look at the manga and that ep only covered 3 chapters so not that fast compared to the manga.
Plus they did a great job establishing Will's relationship with the undeads which is what really matter. I do hope they go a bit more in depth on the magic in later episodes tho.

Also, the opening doesn't show anything beyond vol 2, so that's reassuring. Honestly, it's looking like a good adaptation, not perfect one but not disappointing either, they just have to show that they can do justice to the fights next episode.
OriotiarOct 3, 2021 2:19 PM
Oct 3, 2021 3:00 PM

Nov 2016
Kenja no Mago?
The 8th Son?

I don't know anymore at this point, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2021 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
I did not read its source material or anything but the pacing seems too fast in my opinion, the voice acting also seems a bit off and fast-paced.
Oct 5, 2021 6:01 AM

Jun 2021
I was a little disappointed. The story was more well done in the Ln&manga compared to the anime, it was kinda rushed.
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
Oct 8, 2021 11:23 PM

Sep 2019
FMmatron said:
Kenja no Mago?
The 8th Son?

I don't know anymore at this point, lol.
How is this anything similar too either of those? And it's just one preaired episode out with no good subs.

The source material of this is highly praised unlike the other two which are generic isekai.
Oct 9, 2021 2:46 AM
Aug 2021
i like the show. lets see how it goes on
Oct 9, 2021 6:25 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty slow but it was quite a good building-up episode.
There were a lot of mysteries in the first episode with the undead, god, reincarnation, and the situation of that world. Those three undead seem to be some kind of legendary figure somehow.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 9, 2021 6:40 AM

Jul 2017
This show gives me more of Fumetsu no Anata e vibes, just add the Mushoku Tensei Isekai inspiration fantasy lick to it.

ICYMI, the author himself (Kanata Yanagino) also confirms that Mushoku Tensei was his inspiration to make this series, without all the degeneracy of the former.

https://twitter.com/yanaginokanata/status/1419432178539061248

Will is an interesting character more than anything, to be taken care of by 3 undead gods (ghost Gus, maiden Mary and skeleton Blood) in a world that's pretty much decimated of mankind, where Will is the only human alive. These 3 plus the adopted Will make a nice family, hiding secrets from one another.

I kinda feel that this premiere episode went way too fast to introduce us to the peculiar world, but that's not how the LN / manga was written in that pace so, definitely a fault on director Yuu Nobuta's part.

But still, this is a fine start, and Children's Playground Entertainment did decent on the production side. I'm looking forward to more of this.
KANLen09Oct 9, 2021 6:46 AM
Oct 9, 2021 6:46 AM

Jun 2019
All I have to say is that I like the start of this show. And, I have high expectations from this show as I've actually placed my bet on this show in FAL. LMAO

We'll see how that goes. LOL
Oct 9, 2021 7:03 AM
Nov 2010
Pre_Yum said:
All I have to say is that I like the start of this show. And, I have high expectations from this show as I've actually placed my bet on this show in FAL. LMAO

We'll see how that goes. LOL

Hahaha, same sentiments with the FAL here.

This is surprisingly a strong start to this series, showing the early developments of the human protagonist and the 3 undeads that raise him. Here's looking forward to more!
Oct 9, 2021 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
I've read the manga before so I kinda knew what to expect. Artwork style (at least the character designs) reminds me of Rokka no Yuusha.

Good to characters like Blood and Mary being introduced. It was kinda interesting to see William's childhood here but pretty sure we'll see more of his adult self soon. It's a decent episode that let the audience get to understand him a bit.

Oct 9, 2021 7:25 AM

Apr 2018
Seems like the author was inspired by MT. This will be pretty good and I'll probably check out the manga soon too. Skeleton Blood's VA is perfect. His personality is kinda the same as Ninomiya. Well, this was a pretty decent introduction episode and William's childhood was fairly interesting. The 3 undeads are so far the most interesting ones.

Just wanted to mention that this episode gave me HUGE TPN vibes lol. The character designs, killing method, Will's personality.
SideCharacterKalOct 9, 2021 7:48 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 9, 2021 7:57 AM
Jul 2021
oh wow

That animations, that art style and the story.

its wonderfull specially made from new studio with lack good quality anime the Children's Playground Entertainment studio.

this is like their redemtions arc for their studio

please don't become underated >w<) this is the anime that deserve season 2 treatment.

we never know Children's Playground Entertainment studio can be this good, if they have great manga / LN source material for anime huge respect
RedCobra75Oct 9, 2021 8:19 AM
Oct 9, 2021 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty interesting premiere. I like the setting and the lores. Artwork/visuals are nothing extraordinary but they set up the atmosphere pretty good. MC being raised by three undead is a really unique and intriguing situation. I like all three of the undeads too, they have nice and fun personalities.

Quite excited to see how this one will go and I have pretty high expactation of this.
Oct 9, 2021 8:04 AM

May 2020
The story do look similar to one of it's isekai counterpart airing this season.

The main character, Will being reincarnated into a world where he's being taught several things by those three undeads. Ghost Augustus being really amusing and skeleton Blood too. Don't know why that maiden Mary reminding me someone from TPN.

We got a good start with Williams childhood, and that's what I was expecting too from this. Quite interested to see more of it.
Softhenic03Oct 9, 2021 8:08 AM
Oct 9, 2021 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
The character design for Will and art in general kind of fell a bit flat for me, and the pacing was a little fast, but I thought this was a decent little premiere. I like how much lore was explored in this episode, how Will has his relationships with the 3 that look after him, and how he develops over time. The training while a young kid aspect is smart too to showcase how powerful he can be while very young and how much potential he has in various aspects, although he feels more OP in his construction and not as balanced as someone like Rudeus for a start.

I hope the actual story and journey behind Will and the others improves from here and shows some vision and interest (plus I hope to learn somewhat of what Will's original self's past was like and see if the reincarnation to this world is a good thing or not). The start is not a bad one, definitely more positive elements going into it than the negatives. I'm glad there wasn't much bad comedy and there was some actual thought put behind the episode. Music was decent too. Decent premiere overall, still need to get used to Will's design though, that's meh for me.
Oct 9, 2021 8:15 AM
Mar 2021
I'm getting strong 'just read the source' vibes from that first episode. Early, but I don't have high hopes Children's Playground Entertainment can properly adapt this.
Oct 9, 2021 8:21 AM
Mar 2020
This was a great start to a story I've enjoyed in manga form. The pacing is brisk, but its still hits the important emotional notes.
Oct 9, 2021 8:25 AM

Mar 2013
This story has a lot of potential, this episode 1 really gives me goosebumps telling me this will be a great story if executed well. Reminds me of Children of the Whales of its atmosphere.

Will just thought of his past life all to himself and there were a bunch of hints given about the secrets of those 3 that are currently caring for him but I'll stop here since I don't want to spoil others (and I haven't read the source yet).

I will probably love this series if they do it well enough. I'll probably expect this to be a heart warming adventure. Don't quote me on that... :D
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 9, 2021 8:25 AM

Nov 2015
Really enjoying the first episode, its very emotional.
Hope this series will become " Hidden gems of this season"
Oct 9, 2021 8:27 AM

Apr 2018
From just the first episode, I can see Mushoku Tensei influences. This show will definitely be overshadowed by Mushoku Tensei, but I'm still hyped to see what Isekai Mowgli has to offer. Seems like there really won't be any or much ecchi elements at first glance at Mary's Breast size.
Oct 9, 2021 9:11 AM

Mar 2016
For disclaimers, I read volume 1 of the light novel (VERY tedious as hell), and went through a good amount of the manga and my feelings for the series are quite mixed, mostly negative, unfortunately. It starts out quite fine and then just goes extremely milquetoast after the first couple of chapters.

This was a very weak premiere to me. In particular, the exposition and the pacing felt quite off. Seems like they jumped and skipped all over here. The animation and sound designs are fine but nothing particularly special even though they're better than most fantasy shows nowadays. Mushoku Tensei did something similar with its own introduction, except it was far more thorough and interesting without cutting too much important context. I really don't like how imbalanced Will is with his abilities, with much of it having to do with the odd mechanics of the Words of Creation. While not the worst premiere of the season, it's not really investing or intriguing enough to really make a statement compared to some of the other big names from this season.
Oct 9, 2021 9:43 AM
Dec 2019
So, why is this an isekai and not a normal fantasy? Just so that people without imagination have something to project onto? At least in the OP it didn't look like there will be a harem of waifus. How overpowered he will become is open for now, although I wager he will be.

I kinda like the setting of the first episode and the undead family. Will give this a couple more episodes, although I hope they will elaborate more on the world and the magic. It does so much for a fantasy setting to be thorough there with the groundwork.
Oct 9, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
So this is pretty much MT without the perverted stuff lmao. This episode gave a decent impression, as we get introduced to Will and his undead caretakers. We also saw small glimpses of his previous life sprinkled in the episode, so hopefully that gets expanded on later.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 9, 2021 10:09 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Asking about where to watch something and providing illegal links are both against the rules, so please refrain from doing either of those things.
Oct 9, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
Interesting adaptaion

for LN reader, here is the question i did not get an answer yet
bruh
Oct 9, 2021 10:12 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So far I prefer Mushoku Tensei over this. The pacing and dialogue were a bit too fast for me to digest and the fact that so much happened already leaves me wondering if we'll get enough time for a proper development on the story. The animation wasn't as good either, the op is ok and there's not much I can say about the music yet.

Still, hopefully on FAL it scores a lot, I'm counting on it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 9, 2021 10:25 AM

Feb 2019
This is going to be GREAT. Doesn’t feel like your usual power trip fantasy. Actually feels like a very alive fantasy world.

Never heard of the LN series before but just from looking at the reviews and ratings looks like it’s very good. I’m watching this one with high expectations. Love the mysterious element of the city of the dead and the MC is likeable.
Marinate1016Oct 9, 2021 10:28 AM
Oct 9, 2021 10:30 AM

Jun 2019
Looks good. I like the effort they’ve placed into worldbuilding with the different gods, magic system, and fantastical beings. The editing is a bit to fast at times. It could benefit from letting shots breathe a little before cutting to the next one. Looks like the sleeper hit of the season so far.
Oct 9, 2021 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Seems promising but I was a bit disappointed after finding out its an isekai instead of just a normal fantasy.
Oct 9, 2021 10:46 AM
Jan 2021
I’m hoping it doesn’t have fanservice/harem stuff in the future. I really like the world building
Oct 9, 2021 11:13 AM

Nov 2012
I can tell the ost will be great, it sounds familliar but nothing else stands out besides the skeleton character for now.
Oct 9, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2009
*sign*
next.............
Oct 9, 2021 11:47 AM

Dec 2015
Not that interesting yet. Need the main to move out fast - so the undead living with him will be less important. (And hopefully big cities and other humans introduced.)

I hope this changes in the next 1-2 episodes. And hopefuilly that gods don't appear regularly as characters walking there in the same world lol. (Cause MAL lists some as characters.)
Oct 9, 2021 11:47 AM
Apr 2020
This is like Mushoku but without dirty joke and such.

Ive read the manga and some of the ln and i can say this is one of my most favourite isekai, i was so hyped when they announced the anime but kinda dissapointed when seeing the preview, i thought the animation was bad.

But after the 1st ep i can say that its alright, and the ed song animation is absolutely gorgeous. The pacing is about right, not too fast but not that slow.

Oct 9, 2021 12:04 PM
Jan 2021
The anime looks interesting. Good choreography, animation, cool characters, cool story and so on. I hope it just gets better.
Oct 9, 2021 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
You may be badmouthing Mushoku but at least it had story twists. And 'dirty jokes' were incorporated into story. Even certain panties have very important role.
This one yet to leave generic trope of 're-incarnated protag raised to powerful hero'. Execution might be decent but it is not enough in 2021.
Oct 9, 2021 12:25 PM

Mar 2017
This looks like it's gonna be awesome and my curiosity is already piqued by all the unanswered questions. There was a lot of info for a first ep but it was all clear and easy to understand so it's not a big problem or anything
Oct 9, 2021 12:30 PM
Sep 2016
kei78 said:
Interesting adaptaion

for LN reader, here is the question i did not get an answer yet

Oct 9, 2021 12:48 PM

May 2021
Lackluster in presentation but better in execution in terms of dialogue and story than most fantasy shows nowadays
Oct 9, 2021 12:54 PM

Sep 2021
I get Disney movies vibe from this episode quite good will continue till end
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
Oct 9, 2021 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
That ending was really sad.
Oct 9, 2021 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Wasn't too sure about this series going into it, but this was a very impressive first episode and I'm excited to see where this one goes from here.

Get the feeling this could be a big sleeper hit this season.
Oct 9, 2021 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Shame they seem to be speedrunning the first arc. After city of the dead, manga went downhill a lot while this arc was an amazing read. Visuals leave a lot to ask as well. Maybe I'll look for LN translation instead of watching this, since manga looks worse and worse lately as well.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 9, 2021 2:57 PM
Jun 2013
Hurts me a lot to see how rushed the first arc is going to be, it's a beatiful experience to discover everything about these 3 slowly and loving them gradually.
Oct 9, 2021 3:10 PM
Apr 2021
I like the world building of this show. It's magic system is cool if a little unoriginal in how it uses latin for magic (I've seen enough harry potter to see where this is going)

But I think it feels a bit lifeless. What made Mushoku Tensei so good was that we had the MC's character established with obvious flaws before he gets reincarnated, which he then has to face and overcome throughout the story. This series attempts the same thing but Will is a blank slate with no apparent flaws, so there's nothing for him to overcome. This just feels like a long and rather uneventful setup to the main story.
Oct 9, 2021 3:48 PM

Jan 2011
The story is rushed, the animation only slightly decent
and the monologue volume is annoying.

The one LN I enjoy that has an awesome plot with no
harem/ecchi gets a subpar animation and production,
unlike Mushoku Tensei and other isekai anime
that's filled with vulgar scenes and jokes.

*sighs*

I expected this.
YukiTsubakiOct 9, 2021 3:59 PM
Oct 9, 2021 3:49 PM

Jun 2021
So this is basically Mushoku Tensei, except the MC is not a pervert and his family are undead.

It wasn't bad, but I hope it gets a little more interesting.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

86 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 8 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 4, 2021

48 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.