Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2021 4:35 PM

May 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's finally over, I wish it had ended in the original but seeing Kei's feelings and seeing Yuki finally mature and finally leave Sakura-sensei behind was very good. I still consider that I would not live in a city with zombies if possible and that they killed the idea of those who thought that the happy ending was a fantasy of Yuki but hey.
Sep 28, 2021 12:09 AM

Apr 2017
This was a very sweet chapter. Yuki is exactly the kind of teacher I expected her to become, and it's nice to have the final chapter focusing on Yuki, with her finally letting go of Megu-nee. As an adult, she most likely recognizes that Megu-nee's spirit isn't actually there — or she might think she is, who knows? In the end, Megu-nee has served her purpose and Yuki no longer "needs" her as a coping mechanism.

It was likewise nice to see the ruined school in a new light: once a place of horror and despair, now occupied once again by students.

In the end, I understand why the girls didn't meet in this sequel (since they were connected through the letters), but it would've been nice to see them meet.

Overall, Otayori isn't as exciting or suspenseful as its prequel; it feels like a quiet epilogue with a hopeful, mundane tone. Like some bonus "where are they now" content rather than something that was meant to have had a plot.

9/10
Pande91Sep 28, 2021 12:17 AM
Sep 29, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
This was a very good way to end things. If the original had kind of rushed end, this had a definitive one.

Will miss the girls!
Nov 1, 2021 9:19 PM

Jan 2017
Solid end for Yuki, long gone are the days where she relied entirely on Megu-nee to keep her PTSD in check

Overall Otayori is a great conclusion/epilogue for the series, glad it ended this way instead of the rushed final chapter of the original
Mar 4, 2022 5:39 AM

Dec 2012
Reminder Kurumi killed a dude.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
May 25, 2022 1:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well that was perfect as a conclusive chapter I would say, felt emotional with the letters
Jun 7, 2022 6:26 AM
Dec 2016
Beautiful T_T <3

After pausing the manga from chapter 61~ and almost forget about it, I finished it in one day today
An entire volume for a ending/epilogue, is what this history deserve. Thanks to the authors 10/10 and master piece

It was sad by moments but seen this happy ending worth it
Aug 6, 2022 1:31 PM

Sep 2009
LastLuminescence said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's finally over, I wish it had ended in the original but seeing Kei's feelings and seeing Yuki finally mature and finally leave Sakura-sensei behind was very good. I still consider that I would not live in a city with zombies if possible and that they killed the idea of those who thought that the happy ending was a fantasy of Yuki but hey.

I always found whose people dubious. Though, I myself was sure that Yuki was delusional regarding her teacher job (due to the comment about her being unemployed in the epilogue and how her part of it was made pretty ambigous). Turns out, she was a bit delusional by still speaking with Megu-nee but everything else was real.
Oct 9, 2023 5:04 AM

Dec 2019
A rather happy ending and resolution. Yuki became such a sweet person, it's great to see her go from someone who depended on everyone else to someone everyone else depends on. The part with the kid wanting to send a letter to her late mom made me tear up too. Yuki letting go of Megu-nee also feels like she finally healed. This character development feels a bit rushed, but it's satisfactory.

I like the fact they are all still connected through letters, and that everything turns out quite fine and happily, specially considering the hell all characters went through. I would have liked to see them together once again, though, it would have been a better way to close this.

It's over. What a journey. Certainly one of the best things I've read.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Otayori Chapter 2 Discussion

Sigmar-Unberogen - May 13, 2021

3 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Oct 8, 2023 1:18 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Otayori Chapter 6 Discussion

Pande91 - May 7, 2021

2 by Mirinkaiser »»
May 14, 2023 11:25 AM

» This is now for sale in English (Just Learned)

panpakez - Apr 23, 2023

0 by panpakez »»
Apr 23, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Otayori Chapter 3 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Nov 7, 2020

8 by Bryce3D »»
Nov 15, 2022 5:03 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Otayori Chapter 4 Discussion

Sigmar-Unberogen - Jan 15, 2021

3 by Nachtwandler_21 »»
Aug 6, 2022 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.