Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2021 4:37 AM
Jan 2016
Did I waste money on content that was going to be a Snyder Cut on TV anyway? I mean, the movie was awesome, but now I feel like I'm getting retconned.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2021 4:41 AM

Apr 2020
basically, but you got to see it months earlier.
I guess it's just how the industry goes when they want to advertise it with more episodes or something. Atleast we'll get more content and an episode prequel before mugen train arc
Sep 26, 2021 4:46 AM

Jul 2020
Yeah, it was pointless. The Train arc in the Tv format will be adding new content so I can't skip the first 7 episodes either but I don't really have any motivation to watch the Tv format which really sucks.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 26, 2021 4:56 AM

Jul 2020
I didn’t even know the movie was canon
Sep 26, 2021 4:56 AM
Dec 2020
Scordolo said:
Yeah, it was pointless. The Train arc in the Tv format will be adding new content so I can't skip the first 7 episodes either but I don't really have any motivation to watch the Tv format which really sucks.
the plot is good because of the execution. Your signature is stupid.
Deathlydash
Sep 26, 2021 4:58 AM
May 2021
ibm30rpg said:
Did I waste money on content that was going to be a Snyder Cut on TV anyway? I mean, the movie was awesome, but now I feel like I'm getting retconned.
kamona
But we just can't do anything anyways
Sep 26, 2021 5:20 AM
Nov 2016
This is just a terrible mindset for life you know.

You paid for a work of many talented people, you paid for exclusive content, you paid for a restricted content only a couple of people could not have a chance to see (actually many of them, because of the movie sucess), you paid for a unique experience in a movie, the fun you have there was worth your money.

Even if you consider you paid for something that other people got years later, welcome to capitalism? This is like one of the most common piece of business out there.

My man, not everything is about the end, but the journey. Melt this snowflake, you aren't.
Sep 26, 2021 5:37 AM
Mar 2021
DimmuOli said:

You paid for a work of many talented people, you paid for exclusive content, you paid for a restricted content only a couple of people could not have a chance to see (actually many of them, because of the movie sucess), you paid for a unique experience in a movie, the fun you have there was worth your money.

Even if you consider you paid for something that other people got years later, welcome to capitalism? This is like one of the most common piece of business out there.

My man, not everything is about the end, but the journey. Melt this snowflake, you aren't.

This is totally not a "about the journey not the end" Situation
Sep 26, 2021 5:43 AM
Nov 2016
Leohere said:
DimmuOli said:

There's no such thing as ripoff in this situation, that's the point.
Sep 26, 2021 5:56 AM
Mar 2021
DimmuOli said:
Leohere said:

It kinda is tho? We basically lost 7 episodes worth of content and he even had to pay extra for a movie ticket which can now be watched with just a subscription
Sep 26, 2021 6:00 AM
Aug 2020
Wow!! Wth just happened?XD
Sep 26, 2021 6:10 AM
Nov 2016
Leohere said:
DimmuOli said:

It kinda is tho? We basically lost 7 episodes worth of content and he even had to pay extra for a movie ticket which can now be watched with just a subscription

For the episodes, do you even know their cronogram? if they're going full to winter season? Their schedule already had mugen train regardless of the sucess of the movie. The point is if I want to have more people to enjoy my next work (S2) I need to have more people eligible to watch it on demand. They will even add an original episode and 70 more scenes, as an incentive to watch it again. It's like playing a an exclusive game for a platform and a year later pay for definitive edition on other. You still have to pay for a sub to watch it. This is nothing new and a common market business in many areas.

There's no such thing as paid extra. You paid for an exclusive content in the past, that worth the money as milliions of things in the world. No one complains about this outside of internet kids, seriously. People needs to get out more, the world is full of this. Good luck trying to argue this in court or even find a judge about this being a ripoff. It's a false symmetry.
Sep 26, 2021 6:15 AM

Jul 2019
You will get two different versions, one was released earlier, that we all could enjoy in the format of a movie when it was released. This, however, is an edited TV series edition. No loss anywhere tbh.
Sep 26, 2021 6:17 AM
Jul 2020
Captain-Andrew said:
Did you forget that season 1 ended with them getting on the train
Sep 26, 2021 6:25 AM
May 2021
Let just say that the movie is just for money, no money no season 2. Idk suck to be honest. But hey, more Rengoku
Sep 26, 2021 6:27 AM
May 2021
ero_megane said:
Basically the first seven episodes of season 2 is just backstory of what happened in the movie, and Yes many people getting upset with that.
Sep 26, 2021 6:27 AM
Apr 2019
Yep, $500 million pointless
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
Sep 26, 2021 6:29 AM
Mar 2021
DimmuOli said:
Leohere said:

For the episodes, do you even know their cronogram? if they're going full to winter season? Their schedule already had mugen train regardless of the sucess of the movie. The point is if I want to have more people to enjoy my next work (S2) I need to have more people eligible to watch it on demand. They will even add an original episode and 70 more scenes, as an incentive to watch it again. It's like playing a an exclusive game for a platform and a year later pay for definitive edition on other. You still have to pay for a sub to watch it. This is nothing new and a common market business in many areas.

There's no such thing as paid extra. You paid for an exclusive content in the past, that worth the money as milliions of things in the world. No one complains about this outside of internet kids, seriously. People needs to get out more, the world is full of this. Good luck trying to argue this in court or even find a judge about this being a ripoff. It's a false symmetry.

>For the episodes, do you even know their cronogram? if they're going full to winter season? Their schedule already had mugen train regardless of the sucess of the movie. The point is if I want to have more people to enjoy my next work (S2) I need to have more people eligible to watch it on demand. They will even add an original episode and 70 more scenes, as an incentive to watch it again. It's like playing a an exclusive game for a platform and a year later pay for definitive edition on other. You still have to pay for a sub to watch it. This is nothing new and a common market business in many areas

Yes that's exactly why the movie was pointless, they could have just started with the season and everything would be just the same

>There's no such thing as paid extra.

He paid for a movie that's pointless so yes he paid extra

>You paid for an exclusive content in the past, that worth the money as milliions of things in the world

Can you explain what you mean by this? Maybe my English is just weak but this doesn't really make any sense to me

>No one complains about this outside of internet kids, seriously. People needs to get out more, the world is full of this.

Ok the world is full of this, doesn't that just mean that the world is filled with this stupid system or whatever

>Good luck trying to argue this in court or even find a judge about this being a ripoff

When did anyone say they are taking this to court....?
Sep 26, 2021 6:34 AM
Aug 2020
HabibSuperb said:
ero_megane said:
Basically the first seven episodes of season 2 is just backstory of what happened in the movie, and Yes many people getting upset with that.
What the actual f*, now i'm also disappointed:( I thought they were gonna start the Red light district arc.
Sep 26, 2021 7:26 AM
Apr 2020
does anyone know if the mugen arc episodes will literally just be the exact same as the movie just broken up into 25 minute segmements (or however long the episodes may be) or do you think it will be changed and reworked to fit the episodec format??? i haven’t seen the movie yet so this is a really important question that i need answered, thank you! :)
Sep 26, 2021 7:45 AM
Jul 2021
ibm30rpg said:
you don’t have to pay money to watch anime.
Sep 26, 2021 8:31 AM
Aug 2020
i thought seeing the movie in theaters was a great experience nonetheless, plus extra content will be added in w the TV version so there’s still much to look forward to!
Sep 26, 2021 8:35 AM

Jan 2012
I guess its because they never though that the movie was going to be such a sucess. The manga has ended, but they are probably going to milk the serie dry just like they did with Naruto and Dragon Ball lol
How I love a game
Sep 26, 2021 8:51 AM
Jan 2021
Deathlydash said:
Scordolo said:
that is exactly the point he is trying to make in his signature
Sep 26, 2021 8:52 AM
Jan 2021
Zack312 said:
I guess its because they never though that the movie was going to be such a sucess. The manga has ended, but they are probably going to milk the serie dry just like they did with Naruto and Dragon Ball lol

Yikes. Time to pick up the manga instead i guess
Sep 26, 2021 9:22 AM
Dec 2020
The movie was a way to make money, and in my opinion it's not a rip-off you paid to see the movie first,people who are complaining about being able to watch it through a subscription now is pointless, you paid for it cause it's a movie, alot of people pay for movies even though the movie might be free later on, and plus the company made lots of money which means more budget for season 2,they probably did this too cause what if the person wasn't able to watch the movie due to reasons, then the whole would be ruined for them
Sep 26, 2021 9:24 AM
Aug 2021
Sure sounds like a bunch of entitled kids in here.
Sep 26, 2021 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Pointless for us? Yeah, kinda.

Pointless for Ufotable and the production committee? I'll let you figure that one out.
Sep 26, 2021 10:29 AM
Dec 2020
diegoromo said:
Deathlydash said:
that is exactly the point he is trying to make in his signature
but there cant be a masterpiece plot with bad execution the plot is a masterpiece because of execution.
Deathlydash
Sep 26, 2021 1:28 PM
May 2021
They Literally made 500 million USD. Storywise it was pointless , pocketwise it was Sigma
Sep 26, 2021 1:47 PM

Apr 2018
Well, I simply enjoyed the experience of getting to watch DS's visual spectacle on the big theater screen; 'twas worth the price of admission for me.

So, no, I wouldn't consider its initial release in movie format to have been pointless or a waste.
Sep 26, 2021 2:10 PM
Sep 2021
DimmuOli said:

I knew I was going to find someone like this for someone asking a genuinely true question Loll. Yea It was Useless, Also No need to hear all the random Pressed people, Users are going to get pressed no matter what you ask
Sep 26, 2021 2:14 PM
Sep 2021
[quote=Leohere message=64501660]
DimmuOli said:
Leohere said:

>For the episodes, do you even know their cronogram? if they're going full to winter season? Their schedule already had mugen train regardless of the sucess of the movie. The point is if I want to have more people to enjoy my next work (S2) I need to have more people eligible to watch it on demand. They will even add an original episode and 70 more scenes, as an incentive to watch it again. It's like playing a an exclusive game for a platform and a year later pay for definitive edition on other. You still have to pay for a sub to watch it. This is nothing new and a common market business in many areas

Yes that's exactly why the movie was pointless, they could have just started with the season and everything would be just the same

>There's no such thing as paid extra.

He paid for a movie that's pointless so yes he paid extra

>You paid for an exclusive content in the past, that worth the money as milliions of things in the world

Can you explain what you mean by this? Maybe my English is just weak but this doesn't really make any sense to me

>No one complains about this outside of internet kids, seriously. People needs to get out more, the world is full of this.

Ok the world is full of this, doesn't that just mean that the world is filled with this stupid system or whatever

>Good luck trying to argue this in court or even find a judge about this being a ripoff

When did anyone say they are taking this to court....?[/quote πŸ˜‚ People really get pressed over anything, Your right, I don't know why that guy your replying to Got pressed over Nothing, The movie was Pointless and We wasted Out money bcs It was unnecessary. Since when Did I plan to go to this movie To "remember the moments" I'm here to watch a Movie Worth my time..
Sep 26, 2021 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
I'm sure when they were initially making the movie they had no plans to re adapt it in episodic format.

However after its success, Ufotable literally has an unlimited budget and probably the most talented team of animators in the industry.

They obviously wanna milk the show as much as they can but if they add new content then its fine with me if they are making it even more flushed out.
Sep 26, 2021 3:03 PM
Jan 2016
DimmuOli said:

Yeah I guess you have a point there. Liminited time exclusive content.
Sep 26, 2021 3:03 PM
Jan 2016
DimmuOli said:

Yeah I guess you have a point there. Limited time exclusive content and cinema quality.
Sep 26, 2021 3:09 PM
Jan 2016
Repl1ka said:
They Literally made 500 million USD. Storywise it was pointless , pocketwise it was Sigma

Sigma Brain Stonks!
Sep 26, 2021 3:10 PM
Jan 2016
HabibSuperb said:
Let just say that the movie is just for money, no money no season 2. Idk suck to be honest. But hey, more Rengoku

I'm about to tear up again in that arc.
Sep 26, 2021 4:21 PM

Apr 2018
Y'know, going by the logic of the whiners here, pretty much any movie that has ever come out in theaters has been technically "pointless", since most of them would later be aired on Cable TV channels (or even local broadcast channels, in some cases); difference nowadays is that they usually bring them over to streaming platforms shortly after.

That's the whole point of theatrical releases: you pay for the limited-time experience of watching something on a huge theater screen, and with awesome sound quality, and maybe even bringing some friends along for a good time, if you're not too much of a fucking loser. That's all there is to it.

At least in this particular case, Ufo's animators are actually taking the trouble of making and adding new content for it (including a new OP & ED) when they could have just lazily broken it all up into Eps. without adding a single thing. At least they're trying to give us an incentive to rewatch it.

Seriously, some of y'all need to learn to maybe shut the fuck up every once in a while, and not be such entitled, ungrateful, bratty nerds for a change.
Stygian_PrisonerSep 26, 2021 4:45 PM
Sep 26, 2021 5:52 PM

Nov 2011
MAL really should add the compilations and the mini series versions. Since they have new footage, they do count. Their definitions can be super anal
Sep 27, 2021 4:50 AM

Oct 2018
Are you unaware of how movies work
Sep 27, 2021 8:25 AM
Aug 2020
ibm30rpg said:

It was relevant when it came out in theatres but now since a year has passed since it's release and tv version covering
the entire arc properly with stuff that could not fit in the movie's runtime and original content, I doubt any new watcher of the series would see the movie, so yeah it's irrelevant now.
Sep 27, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2020
Austin_Beale said:
Captain-Andrew said:
Did you forget that season 1 ended with them getting on the train
yes (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Sep 28, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
Pirates : "wait, you paid for the movie?"
Oct 1, 2021 10:29 PM

Nov 2013
Shoulda seen it coming when popular shows like Dragon Ball did so.
Oct 7, 2021 8:49 PM
Jan 2016
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Y'know, going by the logic of the whiners here, pretty much any movie that has ever come out in theaters has been technically "pointless", since most of them would later be aired on Cable TV channels (or even local broadcast channels, in some cases); difference nowadays is that they usually bring them over to streaming platforms shortly after.

That's the whole point of theatrical releases: you pay for the limited-time experience of watching something on a huge theater screen, and with awesome sound quality, and maybe even bringing some friends along for a good time, if you're not too much of a fucking loser. That's all there is to it.

At least in this particular case, Ufo's animators are actually taking the trouble of making and adding new content for it (including a new OP & ED) when they could have just lazily broken it all up into Eps. without adding a single thing. At least they're trying to give us an incentive to rewatch it.

Seriously, some of y'all need to learn to maybe shut the fuck up every once in a while, and not be such entitled, ungrateful, bratty nerds for a change.

mmkay. Welp, I learned my lesson. I'm not paying for any anime movie in theaters ever again. Seems like the strategically Chaddest move.
Oct 7, 2021 9:22 PM

Apr 2018
ibm30rpg said:
mmkay. Welp, I learned my lesson. I'm not paying for any anime movie in theaters ever again. Seems like the strategically Chaddest move.

Hmm, I dunno about that, champ. Committing to such a decision would imply that you're either too cheapskate broke to afford at least two movie tickets for an outing with a friend/significant other, or that your social skills are too poor to even have those in the first place... or both.

Doesn't exactly sound like a "Chad" mindset if you ask me.
Stygian_PrisonerOct 7, 2021 10:47 PM
Oct 8, 2021 12:58 AM

Aug 2020
Kind of, the advantages to the movie existing are that you could watch it in cinemas and you could watch it earlier.

In my opinion they shouldn't have bothered making the TV version and just worked on season 2 instead

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Oct 10, 2021 6:46 PM
Jan 2018
Stygian_Prisoner said:
ibm30rpg said:

Hmm, I dunno about that, champ. Committing to such a decision would imply that you're either too cheapskate broke to afford at least two movie tickets for an outing with a friend/significant other, or that your social skills are too poor to even have those in the first place... or both.

Doesn't exactly sound like a "Chad" mindset if you ask me.

Wasting money on bad movies so the Hollyweirdos can become billionaires is a Chad move? Thank god I grew beyond that lol, movies are a waste of time when there are so many better ways to spend time with people.
Oct 10, 2021 7:56 PM
Oct 2019
Lmao it's all about money at this point...
They already got a lot of money from the movie, now they want to milk it again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Oct 19, 2020

395 by Ilookgood »»
Feb 26, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM

» for people who have watched the movie vers of mugen only!!

b3llamy - Jan 4, 2022

15 by crystal_yuy »»
Jan 22, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.