Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2021 9:29 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yukimaru is in grave condition after being shot by Abel, and the Goblin Knights fear for the worst to immediately get to land and simultaneously get medical help at Chaouen.

This is not the first time that Yukimaru has to fight death to stay alive, as given by Shitan's backstory. But to incite Fena as the witch of legend past (just like her mother Helena), the others aren't too happy about that, and the legend looks to strike once again at Yukimaru's way, putting everyone in peril of "harmlessly" sacrificing their lives for a normal pirate "Princess" on the outside, but a witch on the inside.

It's funny how Fena both understood and mistook Shitan's purpose in this expedition, handling how to master a bow and go on this journey together. It's really apparent how Fena has slowly changed Shitan's view on her, even if he heard the Priest that she is to be killed.

Now even Yukimaru has grasped Fena's entire backstory, but to really know what and who she is, only at Eden will she know her true self. It just takes a step forward, and Yukimaru is prepared to sacrifice his life for her, no matter what it takes. Love that seal of a hand kiss for a promise, which got Fena all beet-red.

A solemn episode of recovery and rehabilitation, and we're ready for the final stretch of Fena's life. I admit I teared up in this episode, the feels are TOO STRONG in this one.
Sep 25, 2021 9:31 PM

Feb 2021
Yukimaru x Fena isn't even a ship at this point, it's pretty much official.
This episode was more chill compared to the previous one, we got to see more of Shitan's backstory as well as some conflicts regarding Fena and she being the "witch".

Well the story is entering it's final stage I'm curious about this "Eden" place and what it is.
Sep 25, 2021 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
Shitan was a real piece of Shitan this episode. So consumed by his own inadequacy he blamed an innocent girl for getting herself kidnapped when NO ONE went to help Yukimaru. Lucky for Fena, she's such an airhead and sucks at everything so they're not gonna burn her at the stake yet.
Sep 25, 2021 9:37 PM

Feb 2019
Hmm if Fena’s mother was a witch, it would explain why blonde dude is so obsessed with she and Fena. Probably got caught up in her charms while she was married to Fena’s father.

I think the Shitan stuff was resolved a little quickly, felt like it was like 2 mins or so of conflict then a cute little face tug and we’re good lol

Yukimaru and Fena scene was really cute. I ship them hard. They both are so oblivious tho.

I feel like we’ll need more than 12 episodes to satisfactorily end this series, but we’ll see.
Sep 25, 2021 9:42 PM

Dec 2020
yk what shitan's probably right, yukimaru's under a spell. a spell of LOVE! MANS WHIPPED FOR HER WTF
Sep 25, 2021 9:47 PM
Jun 2020
Well that witch conflict was pointless. Other than that, this was a pretty boring episode in my opinion.
Sep 25, 2021 9:51 PM

Mar 2008
Yukimaru survived and damn that confession was so satisfying. I'm also glad to see Shitan's past and him accepting Fena.
Sep 25, 2021 10:00 PM

Jul 2011
I wonder where the sea battle of the last episode was, to choose between France and Morocco
And is strange say Chaouen that is 50km from coast.

Call Fena a witch by the alluring justification is kinda what you say to a mistress. Or someone that talked too much with the Church.
Now I want to know if Fena is really a witch, because then the Witch Hunts had some true base(?)
Sep 25, 2021 10:25 PM
Jul 2021
This episode was very resonant... and a good buffer between the last episodes firepower and what happens next.

Yukimaru’s confession was so satisfying... but no red ears. It’s not real for me until his ears go red!!!
Sep 26, 2021 12:21 AM
Jul 2016
sungoddess said:
This episode was very resonant... and a good buffer between the last episodes firepower and what happens next.

Yukimaru’s confession was so satisfying... but no red ears. It’s not real for me until his ears go red!!!

If you look closely and zoom in to his ears after he confessed to her, it got really bright red.
Amelia-tanSep 26, 2021 6:43 AM
Sep 26, 2021 1:23 AM
Jul 2021
Amelia-tan said:
sungoddess said:

If you look closely and zoom in to his ears after he confessed to her, it got really bright red

Oooh... old lady with bad glasses! Imma rewatch it right now!!!
Sep 26, 2021 1:42 AM

Jun 2019
Yukimaru has been severely injured and he's on his death bed. But, thanks to the timely treatment by his friends, he got to the doctor in time and he's now alright. Shitan once again having his mind split between who to trust. The orders are to kill Fena if something goes wrong, but he can't do it.

Thanks to Fena and Brule, Shitan understood that there's something more than just the witch about her. Also, Yukimaru promised Fena to keep her safe next time. Fena is so cute.
Sep 26, 2021 3:18 AM
Oct 2017
Slower episode that focused more on emotional side of the story.
I think Shitan´s small crush on Fena is what convinced him that no one on that ship was bewitched by her. He knows that his feeling werent forced upon him so neither were
Yukimaru´s or anyone elses.
At this point I think that story will go into supernatural element by the end of it. Abel keeps talking how he is going to meet Helena again.
Also that rooftop scene was so cute.
Sep 26, 2021 4:05 AM

Apr 2015
A little breather after that insanity of a 7th episode.

The conflict in Shitan was great to see, to me he has always been a bit too shady to my liking. We finally get to see that he got a different order from the chief, cause they believe that Fena is a witch (not surprising if Fena is indeed a descendant from Jeanne d'arc). Fena did manage to convince Shitan that there's more to her than just being a witch, unless he got charmed by the spell as well :P

The moment Yukimaru woke up and said he couldn't feel his legs legit made me worried for a second there, but then I realized it's most likely Fena laying on top of them (and the dog) and I was right. The rooftop talk was great and I love that Yukimaru confession in the most Yukimaru way. Fena blushing was too cute.

Final stretch of the show, let's see how they will end this in just the 4 episodes left.
Sep 26, 2021 4:41 AM
Jul 2021
Amelia-tan said:
sungoddess said:

If you look closely and zoom in to his ears after he confessed to her, it got really bright red

You NEVER lied! BOTH ears, CHERRY red! Missed that the first time, and I’m so glad you pointed it out.

I ❤️ Yukimaru!!
Sep 26, 2021 4:52 AM

Apr 2021
A beautiful episode again here. Yukimaru is so steadfast and honourable, he’s warming the cockles of my blackened heart! It is obviously a weakness of his too, though, when it comes to Fena. When he kissed Fena’s hand, I almost cried! It was so perfect for his character to do something so gentlemanly and then just as quickly retreat so as not to face the consequences. Fena’s blush was adorable.

I think it’s important to mention the Shitan angle on this episode because I believe it will prove significant in time to come. I really enjoy Shitan’s character and getting to have a glimpse into his past was great! We all know his main goal is to protect Yukimaru and, though we see a playful turn around from him in this episode with regards to his views on Fena, I don’t believe all is well. I really feel he is a conflicted character, struggling against what he feels and what he has been taught to believe. I think his reservations about Fena will raise its ugly head again. I don’t think that conflict is over. I could be wrong though!!

Looking forward to learning where this Eden place may be, though if the name is significant as a clue, I would imagine it is more of a spiritual location than a physical one…
Sep 26, 2021 5:41 AM

Oct 2016
For a second there, I thought Yukimaru's legs were actually gone, phew it's just his waifu worrying for him. Shitan can be a little shit sometimes, but it's just his duty and worry for Yukimaru that sets him off. But at least now he sees that Fena is just really that charming and likeable... And bonkable? Fena in those pants do be hella distracting, she got cake.

Yukimaru's a chad. Tells Fena that he will protect her, kisses her hand, leaves and then refuses to elaborate while having red as fuck ears. Fena's reaction was really adorable. She might really be a witch, but not like the rumors say. Definitely a calm before the storm. Looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 26, 2021 6:27 AM
Mar 2012
Chaouen morocco architecture such beautiful hilly town, wish isekais learn to reference real cities to get out of the generic houses.
Breather ep, just nice atmosphere vibing.
Sep 26, 2021 7:43 AM

Feb 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Hmm if Fena’s mother was a witch, it would explain why blonde dude is so obsessed with she and Fena. Probably got caught up in her charms while she was married to Fena’s father.

I think the Shitan stuff was resolved a little quickly, felt like it was like 2 mins or so of conflict then a cute little face tug and we’re good lol

As we know how Jeanne D Arc led the revolution. It's no wonder that Fena as her bloodline charms the people to follow her. In that aspect she can be considered a witch(a charming one).
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 26, 2021 11:07 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Man they really made me think
Also that bit where Yukimaru walks back inside and Fena falls over was excellent.

Sep 26, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2009
so Fena x Yukimaru confirmed

and welp Shitan almost betray them by planning to kill Fena

is Abel planning to sacrifice Fena to resurrect Helena? or maybe he will transfer the soul of Helena to the body of Fena? lets find out
Sep 26, 2021 3:54 PM

Apr 2020
Felt like things with Shitan resolved themselves a bit quickly, but it was still a nice scene. gentleman/ chad Yukimaru! Feels like she's the one who's fallen for Yukimaru's spell :D

Sep 26, 2021 5:09 PM

Oct 2020
Shitan just wants the best for Yukimaru but, I'm glad that he's able to put down that "Fena's a witch" bullshit. Ah, a little kiss on the hand signifying loyalty from Yukimaru, beautiful. Still on the search of Fena's true title!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2021 9:49 PM

Dec 2015
no ep8 Eng. dub this week on CartoonNetwork? the two 'sites' i use didn't have it. i can't afford cable TV, or a paid Crunchy subscription. plus, Crunchy's only showing the subtitled Japanese audio version. so even if i waited five days for the 'free version' of ep8 to show up, i started this one dub and don't feel like flipping over to sub suddenly.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 27, 2021 2:37 AM

Jan 2021
I really enjoyed that one and that they didn’t destroyed the kiss scene with a party crasher! (When a supporting character appears in the very last second before a kiss or something really relevant for the plot happens and normally that destroys the moment) So much Progression is made, the characters are evolving and are torn back and forth between what they are told to do and what they want to do! Very nice one!
Sep 27, 2021 7:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fena really liked that kiss on the hand xD it's still very mysterious for what she really are
Sep 27, 2021 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
I was afraid that there would be a scene where they pull out the bullets out of Yukimaru, but PHEW

And ummmm that was very arkward, how did something quite seriously all of a sudden chaanged to such silly drama?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 27, 2021 3:13 PM

Apr 2008
It's a bit late in the game, but with an episode that takes a break from the action to focus on the characters I can see clearly that I don't care about any of them. Was hoping this would grow on me more, but I'm not going to keep hoping.
Sep 28, 2021 12:07 AM

Jan 2020
Yukimaru quite literally proposed to Fena in this episode. The shoujo fan in me loved the shit out of it.

One thing I didn't like about this episode though is how things were rapidly resolved, the conflict didn't last long enough to feel like there was actually one. It also felt a bit cliche, the way they reconciled.

Other than that, I liked the second half so much, it's enjoyable and it goes by in a blink of an eye.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 28, 2021 2:00 AM

Oct 2008
bwahaha lolz at first i really thought Yukimaru lost his legs but it was just Fena impeding the blood circulation of his legs while sleeping on top of them! lolz!
4/5.

Sep 28, 2021 4:14 AM

Mar 2020
It's funny about the whole witch thing and Fena using her spell to enchant them all.

Sure, main boi has been in love with her forever, the others, and their motivations for wanting to save Fena last episode is very well explained when they all talk bitch boi into going along with it. But basically, it's because of friendship, family, and the fact that they have all bonded together and their love for each other compels them to protect one another. Very honorable and beautiful at the same time.

Yet seeing this story has some basis and connection with real historical people and places, the fact that Fena is being claimed as being a witch due to her powers of enchanting men. Seeing as one of the crew is a woman, and she also wanted to go out of her way to save her, and nothing we've seen so far shows any signes of her being a witch. How many people in our real history do you think have been accused and burned at the stake for being a witch, purely for being a nice person that people would bond with?

It is still possible she is a witch, and for the sake of the story, we might learn what that means later on. But if that's the case, I don't think it has anything to do with what we see here. All the witch talk is much more propaganda and fear more then anything else. I wouldn't even say the old man from the island is the problem, it's probably just rumors and hearsay and he's scared of the unknown.

Anyway, just finished the episode, really loved the rooftop scene with Fena and main boi (sorry, bad with names). It was super sweet, and the move he pulled could probably melt any woman's heart, I mean, we saw what it did to Fena. Hey, here's a thought... Maybe he's the witch, or warlock or whatever, not Fena....? ;-) Super sweet episode, hope bitch boi has gotten the stick out of his ass now, guess it depends on if the story wants a serpent in the garden character or not. But I do think we have all the setup done now, the last four episodes is probably the climax of the story, can't wait!!
Sep 28, 2021 10:24 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I was expecting a little more story progression in this episode, but it ended up mainly being flashbacks and developing characters, which is fine as well. I didn't think we needed to know about Shitan, but I am glad we got to know more about him. Sadly, I doubt we will get backstories for the entire ninja group unless there is a second season. The arrow mechanics still seem like bogus, but I have no experience in archery, so perhaps arrows really do work like that.

Things should turn up a notch next episode, so hopefully we can see where this is all heading.
Sep 28, 2021 12:01 PM

Apr 2018
Well, it's all thanks to Fena that Yukimaru managed to stay alive after getting shot multiple times. After accidently hearing what Shitan said about her, she felt shocked. No wonder, everyone keeps calling her something. A princess, a witch etc.. but what is she actually? We already knew but they don't at the moment.

I understand know why Shitan was so harsh on Fena. He knew the ''truth'' about her while the rest were being kept in the shadow. But Fena slowly changed Shitan from the inside. He will now protect both.

As for Yukimaru, he managed to score some points. It's pretty much confirmed at this point that they'll be together. The kiss on the hand sealed it for real! Adorable how both of them blushed.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 28, 2021 2:07 PM

Jul 2014
I'm getting the same Mary Sue feeling from Fena that I got from Shirayuki from Akagami no Shirayuki Hime. So far Shitan seems to be the only interesting character. It's unfortunate the pirate ladies are gone, because the red haired one seemed interesting as well.
Sep 28, 2021 7:24 PM
Sep 2017
So… apparently someone is corresponding with Abel (British guy) by messenger pigeon, right? The first time, I thought it was Shitan, and he was somehow involved in the kidnapping because he wanted to get Fena away from Yukimaru. Now I don’t really know. Twice they’ve shown the birds landing outside Abel’s window on his ship, and they are somehow tracking the Goblin gang, soooo…. ? Shitan was definitely using the birds in an earlier episode - I assume now it was to correspond with someone on the island - probably the priest. So who is messaging Abel??
Sep 29, 2021 2:27 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Fena is such a cute MC, hopefully Shitan can see that she doesn't seem to have malintent though I can sort of understand where he's coming from. Good mix of seriousness and playfulness overall.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 30, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2010
The relationship between Fena and Yukimaru reminds me of Kuromukuro. But Yukimaru's appearance looks more like Issak than Kennosuke.
Sep 30, 2021 9:37 PM

Apr 2018
Damn Yukimaru essentially proposing to Fena at the end right there. I wonder how they are gonna conclude this story in 4 episodes but other than that another great ep.
Oct 2, 2021 2:44 AM

Apr 2012
I'm usually mocking people who see gay vibes all over the place, but why did this episode look so much like an episode from some teen romance, where the female lead's gay BFF suddenly realizes and finally accepts that that her friend loves the MC?
Oct 2, 2021 5:08 AM
May 2020
Marinate1016 said:

I think there might be some kind of twist, where he changes his mind and decides to “strike” then Yukimaru will intervene and it will become some sort of sibling fight. Just a theory.
Oct 3, 2021 4:09 AM

May 2015
Welp, SHIT-an quickly changed his thoughts.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 10, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
Finally an episode I'm fully satisfied with!

My inner shipper: YOU TWO SHOULD KISS.
Oct 13, 2021 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
Lol, Shitan basically blamed Fena for being a damsel in distress.

Another boring episode. Shitan's deal regarding his lack of trust in Fena felt rather pointless since it was solved in like two minutes after some cheesy lines and sorry but this show's sense of romance couldn't feel more shallow at this point.
Nov 12, 2021 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
Ashhk said:
Fena really liked that kiss on the hand xD it's still very mysterious for what she really are

it was critical hit to her heart made her brain crash lol
Nov 19, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2015
Sometimes how East Asians have romances and confessions play out annoy me to no end but this was well done. It was beautiful even though I still think that homegirl is annoying as hell.

But questions;

When they say she is a witch and bewitches men, do they men as in the male sex or humankind? Because Karin, the girl in the group was among them to go save her too LOL

Um is the blondie baddie related to her or nah? Because their colouring is pretty similar...
Nov 19, 2021 9:14 AM

Sep 2018
Passa said:
Sometimes how East Asians have romances and confessions play out annoy me to no end but this was well done. It was beautiful even though I still think that homegirl is annoying as hell.

But questions;

When they say she is a witch and bewitches men, do they men as in the male sex or humankind? Because Karin, the girl in the group was among them to go save her too LOL

Um is the blondie baddie related to her or nah? Because their colouring is pretty similar...

All your questions will be answered in the most unsatisfying way possible. (brace for it)
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 19, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
borderliner said:
Passa said:

But questions;

All your questions will be answered in the most unsatisfying way possible. (brace for it)

I wish I saw this before the reveal because yeah you didn't lie sir...
Nov 20, 2021 6:46 PM

Feb 2018
Shitan is a good lad.. As for Yukimaru damn he went overboard with that kiss on Fena's hand :3
Nov 22, 2021 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
Absolute lovely moment there at the end between Fena and Yukimaru. While I do think bewitching thing is real to some extent, I also think it was too dumb of Shitan to put all the blame on Fena.

Dec 5, 2021 1:00 AM

Sep 2021
Shitan surprised me this episode. its interesting because when she first joined, they all kinda didnt like her and only shitan was willing to start helping her train, and once the others saw shitan being so kind to her, they one by one followed.

now, many episodes later after his brother gets hurt he projects his feelings to blame fena, and calls her a witch, meanwhile the entire rest of the crew defends her.

very interesting how that flip flopped, kinda had my jaw hanging like fena's lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LastLuminescence - Oct 23, 2021

152 by Mild-_-Weeb »»
Mar 24, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

84 by SwediCandy »»
Feb 9, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28, 2021

55 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

60 by Kami_Willis »»
Apr 30, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Sep 18, 2021

63 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.