Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 25, 2021 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
Think it would be nice if we could add this piece by isiyumi/ Katou Takuji to the database.
_Anodyne_Sep 25, 2021 1:53 PM
Sep 27, 2021 5:59 AM

Nov 2013
_Anodyne_ said:
Think it would be nice if we could add this piece by isiyumi/ Katou Takuji to the database.

Nothing is stopping you from filling out the form:
https://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=mangadb&do=add

That said, in this particular case, it seems like this was posted only a twitter, so without a physical release it won't get accepted.
You all need to watch Nami.

Sep 27, 2021 10:40 AM

Oct 2014
abystoma2 said:
_Anodyne_ said:

That said, in this particular case, it seems like this was posted only a twitter, so without a physical release it won't get accepted.

why is a physical release important. I'm fully sure most manwha and webtoons rarely have physical copies. do you by chance mean needing a publisher?

also thanks for the link, I'll fill it out and see what happens.
Sep 27, 2021 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
_Anodyne_ said:
abystoma2 said:

why is a physical release important.
Because otherwise the database would be spammed by webcomics. And yes, only webtoons that have a physical release are in MAL database.

As mentioned, it won't be accepted, so if you submit this work, you'll just give mods needles work. The link was more for next cases you would like to attempt to add to the database.

Sep 27, 2021 11:05 AM

Oct 2014
abystoma2 said:
_Anodyne_ said:

why is a physical release important.
Because otherwise the database would be spammed by webcomics. And yes, only webtoons that have a physical release are in MAL database.

As mentioned, it won't be accepted, so if you submit this work, you'll just give mods needles work. The link was more for next cases you would like to attempt to add to the database.

hey dude i'm fully sure that the manga Onanie Master Kurosawa has no publisher or had any physical release beyond being sold at comiket in japan years and years ago. also im certain that the manga molester man was just uploaded on to 2ch.

both of which are on MAL.
Sep 27, 2021 11:11 AM

Nov 2013
_Anodyne_ said:
abystoma2 said:

hey dude i'm fully sure that the manga Onanie Master Kurosawa has no publisher or had any physical release beyond being sold at comiket in japan years and years ago. also im certain that the manga molester man was just uploaded on to 2ch.

Being sold at comicet is a physical release though. Original doujinshi manga are accepted in the database if their author is otherwise professional.

Sep 27, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2014
abystoma2 said:
_Anodyne_ said:

Being sold at comicet is a physical release though. Original doujinshi manga are accepted in the database if their author is otherwise professional.

okay but molester man was just uploaded to 2ch. don't think it ever had a physical release of any kind.

also this author is in the database already under the knights & magic manga as the artist.
Sep 27, 2021 11:18 AM

Nov 2013
_Anodyne_ said:

okay but molester man was just uploaded to 2ch. don't think it ever had a physical release of any kind.

also this author is in the database already under the knights & magic manga as the artist.

Amazon lists some tankobon for Chikan Otoko, but it's not like I can read japanese without google translator so I'm not able to provide more info than that.

If the author is already in the database, then all you need is said physical release and it'll be accepted.

Sep 27, 2021 11:22 AM

Oct 2014
abystoma2 said:
_Anodyne_ said:

Amazon lists some tankobon for Chikan Otoko, but it's not like I can read japanese without google translator so I'm not able to provide more info than that.

If the author is already in the database, then all you need is said physical release and it'll be accepted.

Oh wow can you link me to the molester man Copy on amazon actually then. I would actually love to buy it.
Sep 27, 2021 11:26 AM

Nov 2013
_Anodyne_ said:

Oh wow can you link me to the molester man Copy on amazon actually then. I would actually love to buy it.

I'm not 100% sure if that's it, but the description seems to check out:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%97%B4%E6%BC%A2%E7%94%B7-%E6%9D%BF%E9%87%8E-%E4%BD%8F%E4%BA%BA/dp/457529795X

Sep 27, 2021 11:38 AM

Oct 2014
abystoma2 said:
_Anodyne_ said:

I'm not 100% sure if that's it, but the description seems to check out:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%97%B4%E6%BC%A2%E7%94%B7-%E6%9D%BF%E9%87%8E-%E4%BD%8F%E4%BA%BA/dp/457529795X

So that's a novel retelling of the 2ch post. Same story but not the story as presented by the manga done Yokoto Takuma that is on the mal database.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7680 by faratnis »»
2 hours ago

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Today

0 by Uutama »»
Today, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

129 by BlondieLottie »»
Yesterday, 11:53 AM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.