Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2021 7:47 AM

Jan 2011
I'm not going to finish this show until the fucking subtitles are there. Which will never happen. So the show is dropped. Fuck you sony, and fuck you soynamation. You are, and always have been, hacks.
Oct 2, 2021 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. So Tsuruno Yui is actually character like this.. We saw majorly her trying to be strong.. But how she is truly?.. Who knows.. Well.. Now she is in company of loving friends, magical girls.. It seems she'll be accepted how she'll be..
And.. The end.. Or rather - to be continued.. Well.. I quite enjoyed this season.. I enjoyed it much more than the last one, I think.. I had couple of episodes in the previous season I liked.. But also this season had much more better pacing, it was more engaging in what it presented.. Now it actually became a series I will await eagerly next season of.. Great second season, hopefully next things will be just as great.. ;P
Oct 7, 2021 11:10 PM

May 2017
the ost was impeccable. i will definitely be watching part 3
Oct 8, 2021 6:39 AM
Jan 2019
Why it's only 8 episodes? I'm aware of the third season but still why only 8 episodes?
Oct 9, 2021 8:49 AM

Jan 2017
Having Tsuruno's backstory for the finale is so underwhelming, there's no screentime for the artificial Witch at all

Baiting the viewers for info on Ui's disappearance on yet another season? DAMNIT
Nov 27, 2021 8:30 PM

Sep 2020
Ughh~ Tsuruno's backstory really hits home though it kinda feels out of place, not for finale but okay then.
The cliffhanger with 8episodes(though Im pretty aware of it) ,aff~
Hoping for the continuation as soon as possible.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
May 9, 2022 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
Just like season 1, I had a hard time connecting with the characters and their story, it all just felt too much but nothing at the same time.
At least the first season at least felt a bit more coherent to me.

Interested to see how they'll finish it with the final 4 episodes though.
Nov 21, 2023 12:33 PM

Feb 2020
This last episode was very good, pretty strange to see a Madoka spinoff use something very similar to the power of friendship but well, Magia Record definitely wants itself to be different from the og series-pretty sure it's not even canon-, so I can accept that.

Overall I like this season better than the first one, it didn't try to introduce many characters so the ones we already knew got to receive some good development (although I feel like Sana got seriously sidelined ever since the end of her arc last season), the art direction was even more ambitious and getting closer to the og series' quality, the story was nice and I loved to see Madoka's team again...
But even when taking in account that there's another "season" of 4 episodes left,it feels way too short for what it's trying to tell. Which is strange since Madoka Magica had no trouble telling a wonderful story with only 12 episodes, but here, despite being double-length it just feels rushed, with a serious problem of pacing, info-dumping, screentime for each character, sudden change of tone...
It's really not a bad show, but I think it's trying to do and tell too much, not knowing what to focus on as a result.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2021

37 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2021

61 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2021

52 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2021

66 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 7, 2021

82 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 13, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.