Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 25, 8:04 AM

So there's gonna be a TV adaptation of the movie this October and it's gonna be 7 episodes.
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1441776109226323971
Kinda off an odd choice, but sure, I guess. Thoughts?

Sep 25, 8:08 AM

I swear, they're gonna milk the hell out of this franchise in this coming years.
DO NOT SLEEP ON OUSAMA RANKING:RANKING OF KINGS
Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte

Sep 25, 8:14 AM
So they’re just wasting 7 weeks I guess. What’s the point? I just want to see what happens next, not just make the same thing again. It was by far the best arc, but I didn’t like it enough to watch it again seasonally.

Sep 25, 8:18 AM
So the leaks are true in the end huh. Oh well.

Sep 25, 8:21 AM
The first episode will be 1 hour with completely new content

Sep 25, 8:54 AM
I think they wanted to maintain a continuation with second season for those who didn't watched the movie and maybe forgot about it(taking about japanese people)

Sep 25, 8:57 AM
Will I have to watch the TV adaptation even if I watched the movie?

Sep 25, 8:58 AM
Well like any movie they usually cut stuff so they prob did the same with mugen train, but they probably want to adapt the manga completely to add anything the had to cut from the movie otherwise it would have been way to long. IMO though.

Sep 25, 9:00 AM

AnimeGuy28 said:
i think u don't have to watch it if u already watched the movie, but the first episode of the tv adaptation will be a new one, so ig u can just watch the first episode

Sep 25, 9:01 AM

AnimeGuy28 said:

No, it’s literally the same arc but on tv
Penguins are funny

Sep 25, 9:04 AM

So, 7 episodes of 24 minutes = 168 minutes (most likely less, because ops, eds, etc.) but the moive has 1 hour and 56 minutes = 116 minutes, I know there's going to be an extra part with Rengoku before the train mission, but even so, won't this 7 episodes make the movie feel like a "recap"?

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."

Sep 25, 9:04 AM
Fucking knew it. I answered in another forum that it’d be re-adapted, and people were mad for some reason lmao. Weebs suck, man. Why we gotta be so toxic 💀

Sep 25, 9:07 AM
Mugen train seasonal anime is easy money, it’s a good choice if we want kny to have movie quality every season. Besides the wait for red light district arc isn’t that long, and they’ll also bless us with a 1 hour long first episode on december 5th.

Sep 25, 9:08 AM

Lol okay then, seems a bit unnecessary. I think I'm still gonna opt for watching the movie and just skip these episodes.

Never, never, never, never, give up.

Sep 25, 9:29 AM
finna kill myself

Sep 25, 9:43 AM
Lmao of course they did it.
For Money

Sep 25, 9:45 AM
Arthagrawal said:
I think they wanted to maintain a continuation with second season for those who didn't watched the movie and maybe forgot about it(taking about japanese people)

It's so funny because the Movie literally airing on Japanese TV as well if I'm not wrong today or yesterday.
And they decided to Retelling it again with some new scene.

Sep 25, 9:49 AM
AnimeGuy28 said:

Don't have to but as already stated the first episode will be anime original content covering Rengoku's journey before the movie, also there will apparently be new content throughout the episodes, and also the last episode of the arc should cover the aftermath which wasn't covered in the movie. So at least should be worth watching both of those episodes.

Sep 25, 9:52 AM
So then what's the point of the movie??

Sep 25, 9:54 AM
Nitroade24h said:
So they’re just wasting 7 weeks I guess. What’s the point? I just want to see what happens next, not just make the same thing again. It was by far the best arc, but I didn’t like it enough to watch it again seasonally.

Then don't watch it again

Sep 25, 9:56 AM
I fucking hate this industry sometimes. Typical choices of a money hungry soulless corporation that has so much yen up their collective asses that they can’t move their mouse on a monitor without stirring up a bowel movement. Fuck this delay and fuck Ufotables decision for this season. Movie didn’t make enough money so we have to waste months of life rewatching some over dramatized version of the SAME SHIT we waited for MONTHS for.

Sep 25, 10:08 AM
One Word - Anime

Man, this is just … why?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 10:16 AM
NeuerWind said:
Nitroade24h said:

I know it’s just frustrating to find out there’s a 7 week long recap before we actually get to season 2

Sep 25, 10:51 AM

I wonder if they'll make a separate MAL entry for the TV version of Mugen Train. They probably should since it's gonna have new content.

Also, so many crybabies in this thread. As if they're being forced to rewatch this arc at gunpoint lol.
Mystical Eggplant Nagato Yuki says: "Be not afraid, my child, for i bring naught but nutritious blessings upon you."

Sep 25, 10:57 AM
AbelNhom said:
So the leaks are true in the end huh. Oh well.

No they're literally not? These 7 episodes have nothing to do with the episode count for the season 2 which starts on 5th of december and will have 25 episodes

Sep 25, 11:04 AM
As long as the the quality is as good (or better), I would certainly watch the 2nd season completely cause the movie is worthy of multiple rewatch.
Even if it was for the money, I kinda support this decision cause I have seen many people or friends who refuse to watch the movie and will just watch s2, no matter how many times I tell them that the movie is art of the story, they just dont want to watch shonen anime movies, So I guess this decision kind of helps those people.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 25, 11:43 AM
Nitroade24h said:
NeuerWind said:

I know it’s just frustrating to find out there’s a 7 week long recap before we actually get to season 2

I mean time will pass anyway, even if they weren't going to release that 7 episode thing, doesn't mean they would release season 2 sooner

Sep 25, 12:10 PM
Oct 10 ~ Mugen Ressha hen (TV ver)
TV episode 1 is fully new .
TV episode 2~7 seems Mugen Ressha movie with additional scene , music,and OP&ED(LiSA)

Dec 5 ~ Entertainment District arc
OP&ED artist is aimer.

https://youtu.be/HCEZIskHi_Q
Modified by musashisakai, Sep 26, 3:32 AM

Sep 25, 12:20 PM
NeuerWind said:
Nitroade24h said:

I mean time will pass anyway, even if they weren't going to release that 7 episode thing, doesn't mean they would release season 2 sooner
it kinda does though. If they didn’t have to focus animation time on redoing stuff that was already made they could focus on season 2 quicker

Sep 25, 12:31 PM

VelosBR said:
So, 7 episodes of 24 minutes = 168 minutes (most likely less, because ops, eds, etc.) but the moive has 1 hour and 56 minutes = 116 minutes, I know there's going to be an extra part with Rengoku before the train mission, but even so, won't this 7 episodes make the movie feel like a "recap"?

Well, they’ll be 20 minutes without the opening and ending so you can knock 28 minutes off
Penguins are funny

Sep 25, 12:43 PM

VelosBR said:

First episode will be totally new content

Episode 2 to 7 (6 episodes) will be same as movie. 6x20min = 120min (not counting opening and ending)
Modified by thepath, Sep 25, 12:47 PM

Sep 25, 1:30 PM

SteamedPlague said:

Well, they’ll be 20 minutes without the opening and ending so you can knock 28 minutes off

thepath said:

First episode will be totally new content

Episode 2 to 7 (6 episodes) will be same as movie. 6x20min = 120min (not counting opening and ending)

Sorry if I didn't made myself clear, I know recaps, in movie format, come after the series and generally cut some of the content, so if this new season is going to be the whole movie + some extra content, won't it make the movie feel like a recap of sorts?

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."

Sep 25, 3:54 PM
Why are people upset? Season 2 wasn't coming out until December anyway. I think it's smart of them. Now IF they were calling the re adaptation the official Season 2...THEN I'd be mad lol

Sep 25, 7:45 PM
I don’t really like this decision. I thought the whole train section fit perfectly into a movie.

Sep 25, 8:54 PM
mohsen007111 said:
The first episode will be 1 hour with completely new content

The first episode of Mugen Train will be original content, the first episode of ED arc is an hour

Sep 26, 5:14 AM
Will MAL post a new entry for the re-edited movie? Or are they going to treat it like Re:Zero's directors cut and decide to not give it? Different from the example I gave, it will be an original episode.

I will definitely check it.

Sep 27, 2:29 AM
so where is the entry for the tv version? why is it not up yet it's been days since the announcement

Sep 27, 8:28 AM
DimmuOli said:
Will MAL post a new entry for the re-edited movie? Or are they going to treat it like Re:Zero's directors cut and decide to not give it? Different from the example I gave, it will be an original episode.

I will definitely check it.
My guess is that there will have to add a separate entry for the Mugen Train TV edit soon since the first episode will be COMPLETELY NEW, while in Re:Zero's Directors Cut, the differences are very minimal that a new entry is not needed.

Sep 27, 8:40 AM

AnimeGuy28 said:

Yeah you should cuz they're gonna add new content in the tv adaptation. I really don't wanna watch it because I already watched the movie but I don't have a choice.
DO NOT SLEEP ON OUSAMA RANKING:RANKING OF KINGS
Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte

Oct 10, 12:25 PM

NeuerWind said:
Nitroade24h said:

Y sure we won't, but that does not change fact it's taking 7 episodes out of second season that could have been spent on new arc instead of what already has been adapted. So we will have 7 less episodes for Red Light District.

Or will this train business have 7 episodes and then we get full one/two course season of 12 or 24 episodes for next arc?

Oct 12, 4:35 AM

Scordolo said:
AnimeGuy28 said:

Yeah you should cuz they're gonna add new content in the tv adaptation. I really don't wanna watch it because I already watched the movie but I don't have a choice.

There won't be any new content besides OP, ED, Taisho gossips previews and eyecatches for commercial breaks.
Potkaniak said:
NeuerWind said:

These seven episodes wouldn't change anything, they are only doing Red light district in 11 episodes (first one is double length so 12) for now. I bet they release this arc in cinemas as compilation movie too.

Y sure we won't, but that does not change fact it's taking 7 episodes out of second season that could have been spent on new arc instead of what already has been adapted. So we will have 7 less episodes for Red Light District.

Or will this train business have 7 episodes and then we get full one/two course season of 12 or 24 episodes for next arc?