Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2022 8:15 AM

Apr 2016
This was beautiful death/departures/new beginnings as the topic of this episode, despite the show being just social commentary I really felt there was an emotional pay off from Nagara and Mizuho and now I'm intrigued what the last episode might be.
Jul 15, 2022 4:33 AM

May 2021
Okay, Nozomi is dead...but not dead. Her aspiration became a compass for those who remained. I'm surprised they still want to come back. It's funny that everyone else who wanted and was angry because of this the most - forgot this desire.

I found it strange to talk about death. The emptiness of an eternal being is not equal to death in our world. For them it is the emptiness of satiety, but for us it is the sudden end of everything.

I wonder if the space elevator is a portal between the worlds or the world itself?
Aug 4, 2022 2:37 AM
Dec 2020
Well this was a pretty solid episode.
We got Chad Rajdhani back to help them reach their home, talked about death, made them a rocket
There's so much shit going on both onscreen and offscreen, we could have used more episodes but now I think it wouldn't have been more interesting if they explained every minute details
Aug 20, 2022 7:36 AM
Jan 2019
what really happened to rajdhani? he changed a lot since he got on his boat, he became devoid of emotion, and says things that don't make any sense (for me at least), im talkin about his speech with nagara. but still he did a great job on helping nagara and mizuho.
Aug 20, 2022 11:11 AM

Nov 2008
BLOOMer_ said:
what really happened to rajdhani? he changed a lot since he got on his boat, he became devoid of emotion, and says things that don't make any sense (for me at least), im talkin about his speech with nagara. but still he did a great job on helping nagara and mizuho.

Didn't a hundred or so years pass since they last saw him? If that's the case, him changing a lot isn't a big surprise.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Aug 20, 2022 11:25 AM
Jan 2019
Genoard said:
BLOOMer_ said:

Didn't a hundred or so years pass since they last saw him? If that's the case, him changing a lot isn't a big surprise.

i mean his actions has changed for the worse, and became so weird, also his mentality and thinking, true this long-term journey must change Rajdani's personality and thinking, but I dont think that it has anything to do with the illogical words he says and his strange actions, I mean that the trip he took of course is the reason for his change, but Not the reason for his strange behavior, he could have become any better.
Aug 21, 2022 8:10 AM

Aug 2017
The one who "killed himself" looked like Hoshi, to be honest.

As for Rajdhani's journey, it looks like time flowed differently for him and for Mizuho&Nagara. Some time dilation effect or what.
Oct 14, 2022 7:39 AM
Oct 2018
It was ok, dont know if i would recommend it
Jan 3, 2023 9:02 PM

Feb 2016
surprisingly, the saddest moment of the show comes in the form of a blank face Sakura staring at Mizuho as she says her goodbye
Mar 12, 2023 5:27 PM

Aug 2011
Ah
That was beautiful
Jul 15, 2023 10:09 AM
Dec 2018
This anime is so much.
Nov 10, 2023 4:38 PM

Jun 2020
I didint notice how i loved the characters,I really loved all of them not just humans but the animals too.
Mar 23, 7:22 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to RayReynolds
It feels a bit weird to call this a very uneventful episode, but it really was. We start out with a four minute long insert song and montage funeral for the manic pixie girl, because apparently falling off a cliff in magic land is definitely death. Not only that, but we're just going to take the word of a letter from the crazy cult people who dragged her off. This all definitely seems on the level. Oh, then they explain that the cat told them she's dead. Yeah, definitely all makes total sense.

Anyway, the actual episode is ostensibly about the two island people building a spaceship to go home… somehow. I feel like I missed a key explanation somewhere. So the Indian guy who is a font of exposition comes back and proceeds to explain everything. And by everything, I mean a stream of consciousness stories about the worlds he visited in the two millenia he was gone. Right, it's been 2,000 years, apparently. I'm pretty sure that entire ten minutes was just the writer dumping out the various ideas they had that didn't make the final cut. So they launch into space and… uh… are now in space?
@RayReynolds filtered
Mar 24, 5:43 PM
Jun 2019
I didn't believe in Nozomi's death aaaaa, that's so sad.

I love the song of her funeral btw
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» S2.

aurora_yuuki - Apr 4

16 by WatchTillTandava »»
Apr 18, 7:03 AM

» Did Sonny boy give you a huge impact after finish it?

kisaragi_eki - Sep 8, 2023

44 by JessicaKari »»
Apr 2, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

295 by Flomik »»
Mar 28, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

160 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 23, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

157 by vit_ »»
Mar 18, 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.