Forum Settings
Forums

Out of these Ten titles which ones do you think can be consider as Modern Classic

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 25, 2021 10:00 AM

Jul 2021
attack on titan and monogatari....
Sep 25, 2021 10:12 AM
Jun 2020
Re:Zero (I am actually surprised that you put it in)

Fate/Zero (if you don't want to watch the whole fate just watch only this)

Oregairu (don't judge it by name... It didn't have comedy)
Sep 25, 2021 12:05 PM
Oct 2020
Tough to choose. Many of them would become classic in their respective genre atleast
Sep 25, 2021 12:12 PM

Oct 2017
You just added a 2-year-old show in "classics" and a show that doesn't even have an anime yet uh- We can't judge them at all yet.

Attack On Titan for popularity
March Comes like a Lion for story (though I haven't personally seen it yet, I just know it's all around well-received).
Sep 25, 2021 3:24 PM

May 2019
It's a tie between Violet Evergarden and March Comes in Like a Lion.
yo
Sep 25, 2021 4:59 PM

Feb 2021
either chainsaw man, monogatari series, or attack on titan. i simply can’t choose~
♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
Sep 25, 2021 5:13 PM

Apr 2019
Something like "Modern Garbage" would be better.
Sep 25, 2021 11:01 PM

Oct 2020
Tf is CSM doin there 😂😂😂😂😂

Pedogatari all the way 🛐
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2021 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
March Comes in Like a Lion can be considered as a Modern Classic
Sep 25, 2021 11:18 PM
Aug 2021
I would also say Attack on titan would be a mordern classic. But if that wasnt on the list then haikyuu for sure. I would have chosen chainsaw man but the anime isnt out yet. But if and when it does it might become a modern classic.
Sep 25, 2021 11:50 PM

Aug 2020
Attack on Titan for sure, Monogatari is really good but not as well known

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Sep 26, 2021 9:43 AM

Feb 2015
this might sound weird but trust me it will when you think this through.

There will never be a modern classic from this point forward, and I will attribute it due to the "boom" that anime has. Classic by standard definition attests time, history and will transcend the demographic for a long period of time, and that with time, will forever linger in the mind of the people, the viewers. I think, that as we have delve more and more of these so-called "animes" being non-stop produced like it's a cattle. The primary factor of why there will never be a classic anime to ever be produced logically follows in a way that, there is not enough time for the scrutiny of the people, as a whole for a certain thing to be afloat, and that to attest itself as a classic because, as time goes on, there will be a resistance within the people. I think, that there will never be a series that can, or prolly will, last longer than a year for the people to behold its name simply due to how anime nowadays are made. Am I attributing the fact that anime has become widespread that the factors of quality anime diminishes? No, I am not, anime has stayed the same relatively from the 2000s up until now, just that it has become different..... being different is a factor but in my honest opinion, it is slightly the factor... Circumstances can heavily change something depending on how we perceive things, much like how everyone on the 90s perceive things compared to how now, we perceive things, there has been a lot of changes, drasticly different, interchangeably the same or at the same time, just a little bit different. The only thing I think that is constant throughout is the fact that anime has always has been for the Japanese, and will prolly stay the same. The sentiment, that we (as an outsider) doesnt factor in within the whole ecosystem of this so-called "anime medium" and as a whole, Japan has changed, yet the fact still remained that Anime has never been for everyone, in fact; it is for the Japanese, and it is made for Japan. Thus, leaves the impression that, these so-called "relevancy" of the west has never been a factor throughout prior to when anime has been popularized, and to the modernization of the society. The sphere wherein, these so-called REFUTABLE and KNOWN as classic, floating around on the internet, being spoken by these so-called ANIME YOUTUBERs hailing, shilling, scream on the top of their lungs that THIS ANIME WILL BE A CLASSIC, has factors to it, mainly, the hemisphere they talk is not the JAPANSE AUDIENCE, which is the intended audience of anime, they're talking to the outsiders, you, who are prolly watching anime in either a pirated site or watching anime localized and distributed legitly by other sites. And this is what I want to get to, there has always been a DISCONECT. A disconnect in the people you're listening to and the people that is within the hemisphere of this so called anime industry. WHOLEHEARTEDLY, the accessibility is not even the primary factor of why modern classic anime do exist, it is because, this are the opions of the aliens (westerns) that honestly, the anime industry just doesnt care. You're opinion will never be the defacto factor, that will resonate within Japan. Never has been, also includes the Youtuber you dearly uphold. But does that mean anything? Not that much, overall, there is two spheres that is present within anime industry. You're merely on the other side and the other side cant reach you and the other side is the same. Meaning, the awards that Japan put forth has more meaning, than; let's say, what Crunchyroll put forth as their anime of the year. Because, ultimately, Anime is made and is for Japanese, thus, their perception of modern classic anime might never exist or prolly, just as different from what you, as an outsider considers.

I think people knows this..... but just ignores it or something.... oh well, I think if you've watched Isekai smartphone anime adaptation and thinks it's garbage, it just so happens reflects the reason why, anime is made for and is for Japan, because.... you didnt enjoy the embodiment of Japan. oh well.... it is what it is......
Sep 26, 2021 9:53 AM
Aug 2021
Monogatari series and Attack on Titan for sure.
Sep 26, 2021 10:04 AM
Aug 2021
_Ako_ said:

There will never be a modern classic from this point forward, and I will attribute it due to the "boom" that anime has. Classic by standard definition attests time, history and will transcend the demographic for a long period of time, and that with time, will forever linger in the mind of the people, the viewers. I think, that as we have delve more and more of these so-called "animes" being non-stop produced like it's a cattle. The primary factor of why there will never be a classic anime to ever be produced logically follows in a way that, there is not enough time for the scrutiny of the people, as a whole for a certain thing to be afloat, and that to attest itself as a classic because, as time goes on, there will be a resistance within the people. I think, that there will never be a series that can, or prolly will, last longer than a year for the people to behold its name simply due to how anime nowadays are made. Am I attributing the fact that anime has become widespread that the factors of quality anime diminishes? No, I am not, anime has stayed the same relatively from the 2000s up until now, just that it has become different..... being different is a factor but in my honest opinion, it is slightly the factor... Circumstances can heavily change something depending on how we perceive things, much like how everyone on the 90s perceive things compared to how now, we perceive things, there has been a lot of changes, drasticly different, interchangeably the same or at the same time, just a little bit different. The only thing I think that is constant throughout is the fact that anime has always has been for the Japanese, and will prolly stay the same. The sentiment, that we (as an outsider) doesnt factor in within the whole ecosystem of this so-called "anime medium" and as a whole, Japan has changed, yet the fact still remained that Anime has never been for everyone, in fact; it is for the Japanese, and it is made for Japan. Thus, leaves the impression that, these so-called "relevancy" of the west has never been a factor throughout prior to when anime has been popularized, and to the modernization of the society. The sphere wherein, these so-called REFUTABLE and KNOWN as classic, floating around on the internet, being spoken by these so-called ANIME YOUTUBERs hailing, shilling, scream on the top of their lungs that THIS ANIME WILL BE A CLASSIC, has factors to it, mainly, the hemisphere they talk is not the JAPANSE AUDIENCE, which is the intended audience of anime, they're talking to the outsiders, you, who are prolly watching anime in either a pirated site or watching anime localized and distributed legitly by other sites. And this is what I want to get to, there has always been a DISCONECT. A disconnect in the people you're listening to and the people that is within the hemisphere of this so called anime industry. WHOLEHEARTEDLY, the accessibility is not even the primary factor of why modern classic anime do exist, it is because, this are the opions of the aliens (westerns) that honestly, the anime industry just doesnt care. You're opinion will never be the defacto factor, that will resonate within Japan. Never has been, also includes the Youtuber you dearly uphold. But does that mean anything? Not that much, overall, there is two spheres that is present within anime industry. You're merely on the other side and the other side cant reach you and the other side is the same. Meaning, the awards that Japan put forth has more meaning, than; let's say, what Crunchyroll put forth as their anime of the year. Because, ultimately, Anime is made and is for Japanese, thus, their perception of modern classic anime might never exist or prolly, just as different from what you, as an outsider considers.

I think people knows this..... but just ignores it or something.... oh well, I think if you've watched Isekai smartphone anime adaptation and thinks it's garbage, it just so happens reflects the reason why, anime is made for and is for Japan, because.... you didnt enjoy the embodiment of Japan. oh well.... it is what it is......
I guess this makes sense as with the fast rate at which anime are being produced these days (and the anime series getting shorter) it won't really stick in your mind for a long time as the older anime did.
Sep 26, 2021 10:25 AM

Aug 2016
JChow1 said:
I will choose AoT for Seinen and Romantic Comedy Youth for Romance

Seinen isnt a genre, though.

character limit, whatever
:v
Sep 26, 2021 10:31 AM
Sep 2021
I could somewhat see Violet Evergaden as being somewhat decent, otherwise I doubt the others could be considered as even to ''Modern classic'' animes.
Sep 26, 2021 10:32 AM
Sep 2021
MichaelJackson said:
JChow1 said:
I will choose AoT for Seinen and Romantic Comedy Youth for Romance

Seinen isnt a genre, though.

character limit, whatever

could call seinen an sub genre for fantasty genre, but kinda yeah...
Sep 26, 2021 10:41 AM

Jan 2021
If AOT wasnt on the list I would've gone for haikyuu or kaguya
Sep 26, 2021 11:48 AM

Nov 2017
Chainsaw Man 100% is classic!

Also maybe Attack on Titan because of how iconic it was and how it impacted anime in the West.

How could you forget about the REAL modern classic - Re:Creators ?
Sep 26, 2021 11:49 AM

Dec 2019
Haikyuu its my favorite from this list
Sep 26, 2021 11:51 AM

Nov 2017
_Ako_ said:

So you must be a One Piece fan, right? :D
Sep 26, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2020
I'd argue that Attack on Titan is already a modern classic.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 26, 2021 6:00 PM

Feb 2015
ShokugekiNoRindo said:
_Ako_ said:

very funny coming from a user with Shokugeki as its name.
Sep 26, 2021 6:12 PM
Sep 2020
Haikuu or Violet Evergarden (only seen the anime though)

I have heard great things about the monogatari series and my friend has told me that the chainsaw man manga is epic however I have yet to read it; waiting on the anime
Sep 26, 2021 6:32 PM
May 2019
Re:zero I reckon can be considered a classic, especially with the second season. Chainsaw man I think has the potential to be declared as such, but it depends on the second part and the anime. Fate and monogatari I think also can and most likely will. Haven't violet evergarden so don't know. Attack on titan I already think is considered a classic. By romantic youth comedy I assume you are referring to oregairu, which maybe. Both it and March comes in like a lion have a similar block in my opinion, in that I don't see it talked about as much or watched that much. But I think in terms of quality one hundred percent. Kaguya and haikyuu I don't think will or can. I personally really like both, but I don't see them as classics. They lack that omf that a lot of the other shows have and I don't really ever see them referred to as potential classics.
Sep 27, 2021 4:09 AM

Nov 2017
_Ako_ said:
ShokugekiNoRindo said:

very funny coming from a user with Shokugeki as its name.

Shokugeki no Soma is very entertaining series and instead of underdog we have an overdog MC, go check it out ;)
Sep 27, 2021 4:10 AM

Feb 2020
Out of these anime I like Haikyuu most
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 4, 2021 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
I'd say Haikyuu and AoT have earned it.

I would say that chainsaw man will be forgotten very quickly.
Fate zero is too wrapped up in a divisive franchise.
I also think re:zero will be forgotten relatively quickly

haven't seen the others.
ComboSmoothOct 4, 2021 4:50 PM
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Oct 4, 2021 11:47 AM

Oct 2012
ComboSmooth said:
I'd say Haikyuu and AoT have earned it.
I agree with this. 10 years later the new fans might remember AoT or Haikyuu if they're a girl. All the other shows, while they appeal to various people, will be relegated to their niche. Even today, if you ask people to start naming anime that comes to mind, are they going to name Violet Evergarden, Monogatari? March Comes Like A Lion has a fan base, but no mainstream appeal. Kaguya-sama was a hit the season it came out, but I haven't heard anyone talking about it since. Even crappy shows like Vivy or Demon Slayer have more visibility than most of the anime on that list.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 4, 2021 11:56 AM

Oct 2012
_Ako_ said:

This rant was a hilarious weeaboo revisionism of perceived Japanese superiority and fetishism, without even the modicum of understanding of the role of the anime industry in Japan. First of all, it pretends that isekai and the like are advertised to a mainstream Japanese audience, as if the mainstream would pay $80 USD for 2 anime episodes on DVD. Second, since this is an English-based community, we're obviously talking about shows that resonate in the English-based community. It literally doesn't matter at all what the Japanese like. We might not take Sisqo or Abercrombie seriously here in America, but Asians still might consider the Thong Song and their favorite brand classics.

"embodiment of Japan" -- hilarious!!
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 4, 2021 11:57 AM
Dec 2019
Mono and Sangatsu, nothing on that list comes close to them.
Oct 6, 2021 12:44 PM

Feb 2015
katsucats said:
_Ako_ said:

This rant was a hilarious weeaboo revisionism of perceived Japanese superiority and fetishism, without even the modicum of understanding of the role of the anime industry in Japan. First of all, it pretends that isekai and the like are advertised to a mainstream Japanese audience, as if the mainstream would pay $80 USD for 2 anime episodes on DVD. Second, since this is an English-based community, we're obviously talking about shows that resonate in the English-based community. It literally doesn't matter at all what the Japanese like. We might not take Sisqo or Abercrombie seriously here in America, but Asians still might consider the Thong Song and their favorite brand classics.

"embodiment of Japan" -- hilarious!!

At least you laughed, that's a the step one.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

86 by Toooooooooohru »»
29 seconds ago

» What's the worst anime year? ( 1 2 3 )

Hira1 - Nov 26, 2020

111 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

32 by BatoKusanagi »»
8 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 10 minutes ago

0 by VeryRedBags »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.