Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2021 3:58 AM
Jul 2021
I have been watching Pokemon since i was a child but this "Pokemon Journeys" is really something different and bad from other seasons.
See we know that Ash/Satoshi is the main character and has been the mc since the start but here in this Pokemon Journeys the main focus is on goh/go for some reason and that is why I don't quite like this season. But now in this season instead of traveling around the galar region and defeating the gym leaders and them taking part in the tournament like normally ash did in every other regions he traveled to but this time he is working at a professor's lab and doing what the professor is telling him. I know that the world championship is something different but I liked ash traveling around a particular region and defeating the gyms more than just travelling here and there for some research. I would like to know if you guys like how the story is going on or you would have liked it more if the old style of traveling in a particular region and defeating the gyms was better?
Sep 22, 2021 4:45 AM
Jul 2021
I do miss the gym battles but also we are getting to meet the old characters again (I also don't like the fact that goh catches all Pokemon in just one pokeball) I agree they are giving goh a lot of screen time which personally I don't like . The thing I didn't like is the lack of galar Pokemon ash has caught and also he doesn't use his dragonite in hard battles which is kinda frustrating but I am hoping it will get better in the future
Sep 22, 2021 7:30 AM
Dec 2020
Just remember about xy.I cannot forget the chilliness i felt that time.Ash caught less pokemon but it was fun.And he trained them rightly.But now Ash gets lesser screentime,Goh just throw the pokeball and caught a suicune Wow(Just remember in johto there was a trainer who wanted to catch a suicune but couldn’t even trying for years)And goh doesn’t train them also.And He also got the trio(scorbunny,messon and grooky) of galar region but ash didn’t. That just pissed me off.Even If they evolve we will not see any training.It is just I hate this season more than black and white.
M_A_R_KSep 22, 2021 7:34 AM
Sep 22, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2021
MARKfeni said:
Just remember about xy.I cannot forget the chilliness i felt that time.Ash caught less pokemon but it was fun.And he trained them rightly.But now Ash gets lesser screentime,Goh just throw the pokeball and caught a suicune Wow(Just remember in johto there was a trainer who wanted to catch a suicune but couldn’t even trying for years)And goh doesn’t train them also.And He also got the trio(scorbunny,messon and grooky) of galar region but ash didn’t. That just pissed me off.Even If they evolve we will not see any training.It is just I hate this season more than black and white.

Yes there are countless flaws with this season like go catching literally any Pokemon with just one pokeball, Jessie and James catching no Pokemon, less screen time of ash and more of go and many others thats why I don't like this as much i liked other seasons.
Sep 22, 2021 11:08 AM
Aug 2021
I agree that this Pokémon journey is very different, and yeah Ash doesn’t seem super cool like the other series. He doesn’t feel like the main character anymore. However, this series has its own uniqueness that the other series definitely don’t have. For me, because it’s different and also feels nostalgic by being old characters in, I do enjoy it. I feel deciding which series is the best out of them all is subjective. Though definitely for me Xy/xyz was beyond amazing and my personal favourite.
Sep 22, 2021 6:07 PM
Nov 2020
Definitely the old style is much much better, traveling with friends, defeating gym leaders, participate in Pokemon league was really great experience, but now this is getting boring, and also goh catching almost all Pokemon is annoying, hope it will get better soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.