Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 21, 2021 4:10 PM

Jul 2021
I have read some comments that the reason why they hate this anime is because, "It's Unrealistic" and it will never happen in real life.

I am not the only one seeing a problem with this statement right?!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2021 4:14 PM
May 2020
I’m afraid I cannot agree with you. Not on the basis of your statement but simply because you do not understand the concept of a superlative.
Sep 21, 2021 4:30 PM

Oct 2019
People seem to hate on the series because either is too loud and believe the jokes fall flat or because it’s cringeworthy. Subjective. Both times. IMO.
I would assume some people failed to understand that this is meant to be a comedy, a satire, a parody of the Harem genre and it’s not taking itself seriously.
It’s just meant to give joy and entertainment at the absurdity of the whole premise and it still has wholesome moments here and there.
If the haters or critiques start to take this seriously they will easily notice all the flaws the series has and won’t be able to enjoy it, hence hating it because it will feel like wasting your time.
Sep 21, 2021 4:35 PM
Aug 2021
Because mc is 2 timming and his girlfriend agrees with it , seriously 😑😑
Sep 21, 2021 4:42 PM

Jan 2021
I hate the mc and when everyone is shouting its kinda cringy, i prefer the manga tho
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Sep 21, 2021 4:43 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
Because if I want a satire, it must be aware that it sucks (and be funny too). If Kanojo mo Kanojo reaches GinTama levels of self-awareness I'd would be universally loved
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Sep 21, 2021 4:43 PM
Jan 2021
I don’t think that’s the reason… why people dislike the show
Sep 21, 2021 4:51 PM
Apr 2021
RandomGuyScott said:
People seem to hate on the series because either is too loud and believe the jokes fall flat or because it’s cringeworthy. Subjective. Both times. IMO.
I would assume some people failed to understand that this is meant to be a comedy, a satire, a parody of the Harem genre and it’s not taking itself seriously.
It’s just meant to give joy and entertainment at the absurdity of the whole premise and it still has wholesome moments here and there.
If the haters or critiques start to take this seriously they will easily notice all the flaws the series has and won’t be able to enjoy it, hence hating it because it will feel like wasting your time.

this 10000000000%. I love the hell out of this anime because it mixes the concept of being a Romcom while not taking it seriously.
Sep 21, 2021 5:04 PM

Jun 2020
They are trying to justify their cringe against this series. That's why they are such bad reviews.
Sep 21, 2021 5:29 PM
May 2020
The author said he’s writing a story where everyone wins so the point is not to tell a thrilling love story it’s a slice of life comedy harem anime and it’s fkin fun af
Sep 21, 2021 5:35 PM
Sep 2018
The Most dumbest.
Sep 21, 2021 5:41 PM

Jul 2019
I can counter and say that the dumbest reason for why people like this series is because they claim it's "satire". And apparently being satire means you can do anything you want and deflect any and all criticism.

It's cringe? Yeah but it's satire.
It's cliche? Yeah but it's satire.
It's unfunny? Yeah but it's satire.

Really anything you say will just be met with "well it's satire". As if satires can't be good or badly written too. I mean I respect people if they like the series. I personally don't. But when people do their mental gymnastic as if they're practicing for the Olympics, in order to justify why this has a low rating, that's just comes across as dumb. Like how people take it "too seriously" is a common one I hear. Like really, I don't think anyone would watch this series and expect it to be taken seriously. It's obvious to anyone. That is absolutely not the reason why people don't like it. Or that they "don't understand" that it's a parody...Again...No...Maybe it's just that the supposed "parody" is just not good at all at being one.

Comedy is quite subjective. I would personally say it is the most subjective genre even. So the fact that some like this and some don't isn't weird at all. But when people try to blame it on external sources, making it the viewer's own fault for why they didn't like it, that just comes across as insanely dumb. "You just didn't understand it and you took it too seriously". Instead of just accepting the fact that maybe they did understand it and maybe they didn't take it too seriously, but they still didn't find it to be good.
Subarashii
Sep 21, 2021 5:51 PM
Mar 2021
This anime is straight dog shit literally has a 6.7 or less 🤣
Sep 21, 2021 6:38 PM
Feb 2021
Guys
If ppl hate gf gf so let me make you know that tik tok exist in this World .
Sep 21, 2021 6:51 PM

Oct 2018
I dislike this show because it's boring, and I doubt many people are actually complaining about realism.

Sep 21, 2021 7:03 PM

Feb 2021
Girlfriend, Girlfriend tried to be funny and it failed, even Eromanga Sensei was more funny than this. Also the show was extremely boring too.
Sep 21, 2021 7:06 PM
Apr 2021
I will Disagree with Not Likeing Anime If you Know creator of this anime said that He is inspire by the quintessential quintuplets that Futaru Has complicated Relationship whith Girls that's Magaka Decide that our protagonist End up with Everyone and If you seen anime you should ready Manga at ch 39 i guss you will stunt By reading Chapters....(Note:I THINK IS WAY BETTER THAY RENT A GIRLFRIEND)
Sep 21, 2021 8:00 PM
Aug 2020
I think it’s just stupid enough to be entertaining, I think it has some redeeming qualities when it’s turned down a notch usually comes through Nagisas character.
Sep 21, 2021 8:00 PM

Jul 2019
People say that this anime is unrealistic. Well, it wasn't to begin with.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 21, 2021 8:05 PM
Dec 2020
ikr, the anime is meant to be a parody
Sep 21, 2021 10:10 PM

Jan 2021
everytime i see this anime, i just wanna throw up because the mc

Sep 21, 2021 10:22 PM

May 2019
Every harem anime
Sep 21, 2021 10:42 PM

May 2020
So this anime is unrealistic,that's why everyone hates it.If that is the case then it's okay to hate every other anime,as anime was never realistic to begin with
Sep 22, 2021 1:46 AM

Jul 2021
Softhenic03 said:
So this anime is unrealistic,that's why everyone hates it.If that is the case then it's okay to hate every other anime,as anime was never realistic to begin with

Exactly! Hence the reason why I called it so DUMB!
Sep 22, 2021 1:51 AM

Jul 2021
G1llette said:
I dislike this show because it's boring, and I doubt many people are actually complaining about realism.

I check you profile, You give Nichijou a 9.

I also watched Nichijou, I will not say its bad (I give it a 8/10) But honestly there are more boring moments in Nichijou than the funny moments.

In Girlfriend Girlfriend when I watched it, every episode has atleast 1 funny moments.

Sep 22, 2021 2:13 AM

Aug 2021
People just keep crying especially people like fmab fanbase.. ignore then and enjoy ur life bro
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Sep 22, 2021 3:40 AM

Jul 2021
DarkGamerA said:
People just keep crying especially people like fmab fanbase.. ignore then and enjoy ur life bro

I just want some discussion about this.
Sep 22, 2021 3:47 AM

Jul 2009
Nah, personally I didn't like the show not because it's "unrealistic," or because the MC is two-timing, or because they're shouting all the time, or whatever. It was just boring and not funny.
Sep 22, 2021 4:01 AM

Jan 2021
why do people want realism on anime smh

also it might be cringe to some people, which I understand, but this is actually funny

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Sep 22, 2021 12:36 PM
Apr 2020
I hate this because protagonists 2 timing
Sep 22, 2021 12:36 PM
Apr 2020
I hate this because protagonists 2 timing
Sep 22, 2021 1:51 PM
Nov 2020
As someone who's poly, this show isn't all that unrealistic. If anything, it shows a pretty realistic take about several issues regarding people who start non-monogamous relationships (jealousy, inadequacy, poly saturation, etc). There are times where they go overboard for comedic effect, obviously, but for the most part, relationships like this and the issues with it exist! Anyone who says differently either doesn't know about poly, or refuses to acknowledge it outright.
CourtsCornerSep 22, 2021 10:20 PM
Sep 22, 2021 9:54 PM
Feb 2021
CourtsCorner said:
As someone who's poly, this show isn't unrealistic at all. If anything, it shows a pretty realistic take about several issues regarding people who start non-monogamous relationships (jealousy, inadequacy, poly saturation, etc). There are times where they go overboard for comedic effect, obviously, but for the most part, relationships like this and the issues with it exist! Anyone who says differently either doesn't know about poly, or refuses to acknowledge it outright.

Interesting. In a poly relationship, is it traditional to ignore your partner telling you she doesn't want to be in a poly relationship until you eventually browbeat her into giving into your demands?
Sep 22, 2021 10:04 PM
Nov 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
CourtsCorner said:
As someone who's poly, this show isn't unrealistic at all. If anything, it shows a pretty realistic take about several issues regarding people who start non-monogamous relationships (jealousy, inadequacy, poly saturation, etc). There are times where they go overboard for comedic effect, obviously, but for the most part, relationships like this and the issues with it exist! Anyone who says differently either doesn't know about poly, or refuses to acknowledge it outright.

Interesting. In a poly relationship, is it traditional to ignore your partner telling you she doesn't want to be in a poly relationship until you eventually browbeat her into giving into your demands?

At what point is there brow beating? They explicitly ask for her permission, and discuss what the intentions were behind wanting this. At no point are they intimidating her in an abusive way. Of course, at first, she says no because this is "cheating", which it isn't (because again, they go to her and ask, instead of hiding it). This is sort of a condensed version of what happens in real life, where upon first suggestion, people are against the idea of poly until more is explained/explored. Obviously, things in this show are exaggerated for comedic/dramatic effect, so it's obviously not a play-by-play on how poly starts.
CourtsCornerSep 22, 2021 10:23 PM
Sep 22, 2021 10:37 PM
Feb 2021
CourtsCorner said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

At what point is there brow beating? They explicitly ask for her permission, and discuss what the intentions were behind wanting this. At no point are they intimidating her in an abusive way. Of course, at first, she says no because this is "cheating", which it isn't (because again, they go to her and ask, instead of hiding it). This is sort of a condensed version of what happens in real life, where upon first suggestion, people are against the idea of poly until more is explained/explored. Obviously, things in this show are exaggerated for comedic/dramatic effect, so it's obviously not a play-by-play on how poly starts.

Okay, and the fact that she's still not okay with it?

Naoya knows full well that Saki is weak to pressure. And he took advantage of this fact to continue pushing her until she said "yes". She said no, and rather than respect her "no" and drop the idea of dating Nagisa, he ignored her opinion and kept pushing her until he got the answer that he wanted, giving her no alternatives. There was no "if you say no then I won't date Nagisa", that was never an option. There was only "I'm going to do this either way, and you're going to have to be okay with it."
Sep 22, 2021 10:43 PM
Nov 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
CourtsCorner said:

She consents to him being with the both of them. They're literally in a poly relationship this whole season. Did you not watch the same anime? If she truly stuck with not wanting to do this, they would've broken up.
Look, I get the idea that you either don't know about how poly works, or you just flat out don't agree with it. But if that's the case, just say that outright, rather than projecting your own feelings onto a character who clearly chose differently than you would've.
Sep 22, 2021 10:48 PM
Feb 2021
CourtsCorner said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

She consents to him being with the both of them. They're literally in a poly relationship this whole season. Did you not watch the same anime? If she truly stuck with not wanting to do this, they would've broken up.
Look, I get the idea that you either don't know about how poly works, or you just flat out don't agree with it. But if that's the case, just say that outright, rather than projecting your own feelings onto a character who clearly chose differently than you would've.

Sep 22, 2021 11:15 PM
Nov 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
CourtsCorner said:

Understanding that your selfish wants to keep a person all to yourself purely out of insecurity and jealousy (both of which are bad and unhealthy habits to break when dealing with poly), and contending that by making it work despite those feelings in order to stay with someone you love is YES, something that happens in poly. You keep making it sound like Saki is miserable the whole damn time when she's not. She grows to enjoy being around Nagisa, and supports her. She can leave whenever she wants (and had a whole season to leave if she was truly miserable). She's not being forced to stay, dude.
Saki knows an ultimatum wouldn't work, so she agrees and makes it work between the three of them. Saki clearly has a *lot* of insecurities to work through, and a lot of those are addressed because of the type of relationship they're in. She is actively choosing to stay in this poly relationship even though it brings out many of her insecurities, and challenges her notion of what a "normal" relationship dynamic is.
Sep 22, 2021 11:25 PM
Feb 2021
CourtsCorner said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Understanding that your selfish wants to keep a person all to yourself purely out of insecurity and jealousy (both of which are bad and unhealthy habits to break when dealing with poly), and contending that by making it work despite those feelings in order to stay with someone you love is YES, something that happens in poly. You keep making it sound like Saki is miserable the whole damn time when she's not. She grows to enjoy being around Nagisa, and supports her. She can leave whenever she wants (and had a whole season to leave if she was truly miserable). She's not being forced to stay, dude.
Saki knows an ultimatum wouldn't work, so she agrees and makes it work between the three of them. Saki clearly has a *lot* of insecurities to work through, and a lot of those are addressed because of the type of relationship they're in. She is actively choosing to stay in this poly relationship even though it brings out many of her insecurities, and challenges her notion of what a "normal" relationship dynamic is.

She isn't "actively" choosing to stay in the relationship, she's "forced" to stay in it, because the alternative is worse. She's alone and miserable and the only person she ever loved is out of her life. She doesn't want that, so she's forced to put up with something she doesn't want. And rather than acknowledge this, Naoya makes empty platitudes that don't actually address her problems, just put off the issues indefinitely. That isn't a healthy relationship. And her repayment for that is her boyfriend's continue lack of respect for her, and Nagisa, as well, as you'll see in his future actions and disregard for their input in the relationship and what they want. It's not insecurity when Naoya ACTUALLY treats her worse than the other women in his life.

Face reality, Naoya is a shitty boyfriend who cares more about what he wants than about what makes his girlfriends happy.

Also, why is it such a bad thing to want your partner to be committed to you? She only loves Naoya, is it unreasonable to want the same from him? "I have to let my boyfriend sleep with other women, because to not allow that would be selfish of me." That is a VERY dangerous mindset to internalize. The idea that she doesn't want the person she loves to also be seeing another girl is considered to be a "selfish" and wrong thing is a horribly toxic attitude to condone. If she said "no" she's now being selfish, jealous, and insecure because she doesn't want her boyfriend dating someone else? If Saki decided to date another guy, is she able to? Would Naoya be okay with that? Because his characterization up until this point says no.
MugenNoShirayukiSep 22, 2021 11:35 PM
Sep 22, 2021 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
I'm sure most people hate the show for it being cringe.
Sep 22, 2021 11:36 PM
Nov 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
CourtsCorner said:

She isn't "actively" choosing to stay in the relationship, she's "forced" to stay in it, because the alternative is worse. She's alone and miserable and the only person she ever loved is out of her life. She doesn't want that, so she's forced to put up with something she doesn't want. And rather than acknowledge this, Naoya makes empty platitudes that don't actually address her problems, just put off the issues indefinitely. That isn't a healthy relationship. And her repayment for that is her boyfriend's continue lack of respect for her, and Nagisa, as well, as you'll see in his future actions and disregard for their input in the relationship and what they want.

Face reality, Naoya is a shitty boyfriend who cares more about what he wants than about what makes his girlfriends happy.

Wow...way to turn Saki into a damsel in distress when she clearly isn't.
And real classy of you to insert spoilers from the manga, despite the fact that I've only seen the anime. Nice.
Yeah, I think I'm done trying to educate someone who's both petulant and blatantly ignorant and inexperienced about relationships. Peace out.
Sep 23, 2021 1:32 AM
May 2016
You asking for the dumbest reason why people hate this anime when this anime itself is the dumbest anime this season
Sep 23, 2021 1:47 AM

Mar 2020
RandomGuyScott said:
I haven't seen this show but:

Sep 23, 2021 1:49 AM

Jul 2021
i don't give a shit to others reviews.to me it was may be a 2 or 3/10....the increasing bland jokes related to kids loving and kissing each other...also when mirika bet his father for he wanted her daughter to come home, annoyed me
Sep 23, 2021 4:39 AM
Sep 2019
I like cuz goood Animu grills - v -
Sep 23, 2021 8:00 AM
Sep 2021
This show is comedy gold ... me and my girl both loved it. All you haters are just uncultured
Sep 23, 2021 8:00 AM
Sep 2021
This show is comedy gold ... me and my girl both loved it. All you haters are just uncultured
Sep 23, 2021 5:16 PM
Apr 2021
I don't like this anime, because mc is trash.
Sep 23, 2021 8:18 PM
Jun 2020
You know, after Saekano, School days, and SAO. now there's another anime with a cringy MC in Kanojo to Kanojo. that makes me even more sure that I really don't like ecchi harem and overpower anime.
Sep 24, 2021 1:36 AM

Jul 2021
Christian_zen said:

Yeah I Know Right! The haters are just Uncultured!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

313 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 21, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

181 by bem_bir_ilke3 »»
Mar 11, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2021

96 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 29, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

90 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 28, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2021

128 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 28, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.