Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2021 7:39 AM
Sep 2021
When I watched this Show, I was utterly Blown away By everything, The music, the Idea, the Animation, not to even Mention the Unreal Character Development in this show. They Litterally felt and Acted So human it was just insane. Not to Mention that ending, it could easily be considered one of the best endings in an anime. However, Despite all this, Many people don't seem to notice or like this show, even with the "Ten year" anniversary thing going around? So what do you think, do you Believe the show is Underrated (AND I DON'T Mean unnoticed, I know this is a Popular show) but what do you think about this good, Or not so good show. (And please No toxic responses, This is just a Simple question I don't mean to offend/hurt anyone in any way)

Edit: OK I understand it isn't underrated jeez, I'm just saying everywhere I go Despite all the popularity for the show, they're are ALOT of haters, Don't believe me go check the forums for the show, Alot of people hate it and that's what I meant to address regarding this forum. Alot of people hate it also, Everything else however I agree with.
weebisme1Sep 20, 2021 11:44 AM
Sep 20, 2021 7:49 AM

Sep 2018
It has an average score of 8.36, how is that underrated?
Sep 20, 2021 7:56 AM
Jul 2021
It’s definitely not underrated, if anything it’s overrated...
Sep 20, 2021 7:59 AM
Apr 2021
Don't agree that it's underrated, I think it gets the attention it deserves. Truly an amazing show
Sep 20, 2021 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
It's one of the most talked about shows out there, with an 8.36 rating and 55 most popular of all time.........?
Sep 20, 2021 8:04 AM
Sep 2021
Finku_ said:
It's one of the most talked about shows out there, with an 8.36 rating and 55 most popular of all time.........?
I Know it's popular, I quote specifically Mentioned that in my Question above. I just always hear hate regarding this show
Sep 20, 2021 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
weebisme1 said:
Finku_ said:
I Know it's popular, I quote specifically Mentioned that in my Question above. I just always hear hate regarding this show
Your post also specifically says "Many people don't seem to notice or like this show" which are both just not true. It's talked about frequently, is one of the most popular ever, has one of the highest ratings ever, and is reccommended frequently.... Underrated isn't a discussion anymore if anything is it overrated should be asked
Sep 20, 2021 8:19 AM
Sep 2019
weebisme1 said:
When I watched this Show, I was utterly Blown away By everything, The music, the Idea, the Animation, not to even Mention the Unreal Character Development in this show. They Litterally felt and Acted So human it was just insane. Not to Mention that ending, it could easily be considered one of the best endings in an anime. However, Despite all this, Many people don't seem to notice or like this show, even with the "Ten year" anniversary thing going around? So what do you think, do you Believe the show is Underrated (AND I DON'T Mean unnoticed, I know this is a Popular show) but what do you think about this good, Or not so good show. (And please No toxic responses, This is just a Simple question I don't mean to offend/hurt anyone in any way)

Next they'll be saying FMAB, DN and AOT is underated...
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Sep 20, 2021 8:24 AM

Nov 2016
8.36 is damn solid for a 10 year old series. Bet when it ended it was around 8.6-8.7, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2021 8:30 AM

Mar 2017
Aint underrated bro. This is one of the most hyped and loved tear jerking series out there

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 20, 2021 8:31 AM
Feb 2021
Lmao. Imagine liking AnoHana (couldn't be me)
Sep 20, 2021 8:37 AM

Oct 2018
When it was aired, it got 8.7-8.8 something like that and look at that a million members. In short, it's not underrated. It is a good show.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 20, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 2021
Id say its getting the attention it deserves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2021 8:58 AM
Nov 2020
It’s neither underrated nor overrated. The attention it’s been receiving is also neither too much nor too little. Everything is just fitting. As for people disliking it, you should understand that no anime has zero hates. I love Anohana but I absolutely hate some other anime that people generally consider masterpieces, and that’s just normal. (And I can understand why some people hate this too – it’s more like a matter of taste.)
Sep 20, 2021 9:00 AM
Feb 2020
Tekainu said:
It’s definitely not underrated, if anything it’s overrated...
you can see this exact comment on every forum that proposes the idea of a show being underrated.
Sep 20, 2021 9:01 AM
Apr 2020
It’s got super high ratings and I don’t think at all it’s been under rated considering it’s popularity among the community I also very much like this show
Sep 20, 2021 9:28 AM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
no way did I just hear someone try to claim Anohana is underrated
Sep 20, 2021 9:37 AM
Jun 2021
ahh umm how do i say this should i watch it in dub/sub i wanna start this. please help me thank you.
Candy:
Sep 20, 2021 9:46 AM
Dec 2020
TeaNotFound said:
ahh umm how do i say this should i watch it in dub/sub i wanna start this. please help me thank you.
Watch it in dub so you can enjoy the animation and art more. I watched it dubbed and I loved it.
Sep 20, 2021 10:31 AM
Jun 2021
SpiderBear-11 said:
TeaNotFound said:
Watch it in dub so you can enjoy the animation and art more. I watched it dubbed and I loved it.
thanks bro i really appreciate it.
Candy:
Sep 20, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 2019
This show is one or the most fairly rated shows on MAL honestly. The shows an 8/10 throughout and a 9 on the last episode. So I think 8.3 is a fair rating
Sep 20, 2021 10:55 AM

May 2013
No it is not underrated. You’re welcome

Good/decent show I enjoyed watching it
Sep 20, 2021 11:15 AM
Dec 2020
TeaNotFound said:
SpiderBear-11 said:
No problem man! Let me know what you think of it once you finish it.
Sep 20, 2021 11:17 AM

Apr 2020
Underrated? Go on Youtube.

Type in Top 10 Emotianal Anime and this will be on there

Hell, Type Top 20 Anime and it'll be still probably in there about 60% of the Time.

You discovered it. Doesn't mean nobody knows about it, tho.
Sep 20, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2021
I love this series and it was one of the first few I watched this year when I got back into anime, but I don’t think it’s underrated. It’s definitely incredible and moving in many ways and it has so much going for it. It’s definitely still one of the best ones for emotional response I’ve seen ever. It could be a bit higher on the rankings in my opinion, but it’s still holding up well. “Your Name” for example I thought was terrible, regardless of it being a movie I would definitely place Anohana ahead of it.
Sep 20, 2021 11:40 AM
Sep 2021
TSTO said:
I love this series and it was one of the first few I watched this year when I got back into anime, but I don’t think it’s underrated. It’s definitely incredible and moving in many ways and it has so much going for it. It’s definitely still one of the best ones for emotional response I’ve seen ever. It could be a bit higher on the rankings in my opinion, but it’s still holding up well. “Your Name” for example I thought was terrible, regardless of it being a movie I would definitely place Anohana ahead of it.
wait A Minute, Same here! I loved anohana And then was Dying to watch something related, and people Raved About your name. Yet when I watched it, I personally Really disliked it. Like the MC Litterally drinks aged Spit up rice and supposedly goes to the past, I just don't understand what was so amazing about that movie. But again, to each their own
Sep 20, 2021 11:55 AM

Feb 2021
weebisme1 said:
TSTO said:
wait A Minute, Same here! I loved anohana And then was Dying to watch something related, and people Raved About your name. Yet when I watched it, I personally Really disliked it. Like the MC Litterally drinks aged Spit up rice and supposedly goes to the past, I just don't understand what was so amazing about that movie. But again, to each their own

Exactly, I thought the story of Your Name felt hollow and it didn’t leave an impact on me at all. I also disliked the characters and art style wasn’t to my liking. I take into consideration of course the fact that you can only cram so much into a movie compared to a TV series, but still, something felt off to me and the story was too messy. There’s nothing wrong about supernatural elements, as Anohana has that as well, but when they feel this contrived it just doesn’t work. I was also in a pretty bad mood when I was watching this movie so it might’ve affected my judgment a bit.
Sep 20, 2021 12:05 PM

May 2020
Over exaggerated title
Sep 20, 2021 12:05 PM
Sep 2021
TSTO said:
weebisme1 said:

Exactly, I thought the story of Your Name felt hollow and it didn’t leave an impact on me at all. I also disliked the characters and art style wasn’t to my liking. I take into consideration of course the fact that you can only cram so much into a movie compared to a TV series, but still, something felt off to me and the story was too messy. There’s nothing wrong about supernatural elements, as Anohana has that as well, but when they feel this contrived it just doesn’t work. I was also in a pretty bad mood when I was watching this movie so it might’ve affected my judgment a bit.
agreed, It seemed like they Hid all the Charecter development, depth, etc. To the Sci fi elements which majorly disappointed me. Loll don't worry, I was in a great mood and still didn't like that movie, and usually Most things with drama and romance get to me generally easy, But of course I'm a Pretty picky person as well.
Sep 20, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2014
Yes it's underrated.

What? It's not the Puraore forum?

Okay nevermind.
Sep 20, 2021 5:59 PM
Jan 2019
Idk I don’t the score is a satisfying conclusion.
Underrated? Well I’d say your impression depends on how far you look into the audiences response.
Been there dude, a few forums and reviews can be misleading. In fact it is.
Idk how far you looked into it but I’m hoping you research it extensively.
You decide your opinion.
Own it and enjoy the shit out of any anime 🤘🏽
Ignore the haters. They are triggered.
Sep 20, 2021 7:12 PM
Jun 2021
I actually just finished this show like 2 days ago cause friends told me about it for years. Definitely not underrated, but it wasn’t like Angel Beats which blew up when it came out. It was an awesome show though, the acting and characters were so realistic. Plus I don’t care for your going to cry shows but this one I liked a lot
Sep 20, 2021 8:28 PM
Jun 2021
weebisme1 said:

Edit: OK I understand it isn't underrated jeez, I'm just saying everywhere I go Despite all the popularity for the show, they're are ALOT of haters, Don't believe me go check the forums for the show, Alot of people hate it and that's what I meant to address regarding this forum. Alot of people hate it also, Everything else however I agree with.
show isn't underrated, it's overrated, ill sum up what I like about the show. I liked popo, I liked the animation and music and I liked the length, it was short.

What I didn't like: every other character, the characters actions, the pacing, the plot all together was kinda generic, I hated the loli fan service that was the first few episodes that stuff was cringe and just ugly. The characters acting "human", cmon man they didn't act human they acted like complete a-holes constantly and just unnecessarily mean constantly.

Overall, i just kinda disagree with you on most of your points, this show to me is just generic bridge to terabethia story where childhood friend dies and characters have to learn to deal with it. It wasn't anything special, especially when it's hyped up by people like you. My guy I went into this show expecting a masterpiece that would make me cry and what I got was just a mid anime that couldn't make me cry. As you can tell I didn't like the show, people hyped it up as a God Tiered anime and romance
Sep 20, 2021 10:10 PM

Feb 2021
I disagree. almost everyone I personally know who watches anime has seen this and it has a pretty high score here on MAL (8.0+ overall rating).
Sep 20, 2021 10:33 PM
Jun 2021
SpiderBear-11 said:
TeaNotFound said:
No problem man! Let me know what you think of it once you finish it.
okay i will try ;-)
Candy:
Sep 21, 2021 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
No, it's just getting old while newer anime dominate the scene, so it's not getting as much direct attention anymore.
Sep 21, 2021 3:31 PM
Feb 2017
I guess 8.3 is good enough rating for any anime
Sep 21, 2021 8:28 PM
Mar 2021
(Slight spoiler, not really)More like criminally overrated....not trying to hate on the show or call it bad but it really wasnt as good as people say it is. 8 episodes to prove menma's existence? Really?! Not to be edgy here but i found some of the final emotional scenes to be more cringy than anything. I only liked the slice of life kinda bits. I just dont get whats so sad and emotional about it, well i got the message, trauma from losing a friend and whatnot boohoo, but i felt it was really poorly delivered and unrealistic(not the whole ghost thing obviously, more like the handling of emotions). Clearly im in a minority here so i settled it as a personal thing.
Sep 25, 2021 11:03 AM
Nov 2018
MagicPolly said:
there always be someone that like the anime and be like
Am I ThE OnlY One Who ThInk --->(put title) Is CrimiNally UnderRated. what a clown
Sep 28, 2021 7:40 AM
Sep 2021
_Xkingz said:
MagicPolly said:
there always be someone that like the anime and be like
Am I ThE OnlY One Who ThInk --->(put title) Is CrimiNally UnderRated. what a clown
never once did I write that sentence whatsoever. Also you should try reading the title and answer I provided again, other than just being, you know, an ignorant and toxic low life everyone Memes.
Nov 8, 2021 4:19 AM

Jan 2019
Criminally overrated. Story build up on a plot hole and this have more score than masterpieces like Re:Zero? Bruh what

Looking for better series than Re:Zero

More topics from this board

» I'm watching this in 2024

bUriTtOTiTaN - Mar 26

30 by RegicakTiiy »»
Mar 29, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1235 by sarkardragon »»
Feb 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

387 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 16, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

229 by nisensi »»
Feb 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

358 by Xeehad »»
Jan 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.