Forum Settings
Forums

do you sometimes go out of your way to just watch tragedy involved anime sometimes? or you knowingly that you can't handle it don't even try watching it?

New
say yes to tragedy or no?
yes
47.8%
no
13.0%
sometimes yes
39.1%
23 votes
Sep 19, 2021 12:10 PM
Mar 2021
tragedy scares me tbh.......
but what if-------i want pain
sometimes i want to see reality and reality is full of pain---so should i know that it has a sad ending and yet watch it.........
yes there are beautiful anime too....but most people get scared even before watching them?
what do you say on this?
also comment your one favourite or if you don't have one favourite just type the genre of the first anime you ever watched....
Kyonami_shaggyOct 7, 2021 11:28 AM
Sep 19, 2021 12:24 PM

Mar 2020
No, I don’t seek out tragic anime and scenes on purpose.

But I do like to ruin myself by watching tear jerkers on purpose
Sep 19, 2021 12:25 PM

Oct 2017
I've never seen tragedy as "scary", to be honest. I guess it makes sense, since we're supposed to see pain as scary, but what we get from watching a tragedy is... I dunno, something else?

I suppose there is emotional pain, but it's not all bad, since it comes with catharsis. It's similar to how comedy makes us laugh, tragedy makes us cry. I believe the ancient greek saw it that way? No idea.

I prefer tragedies to comedies in general, though, since it usually involves a more poetic/detailed/complicated story in general.
Sep 19, 2021 12:34 PM

Nov 2019
I love tragedy, even more if they are not for the sake of tear jerking.

Example: School Days... Love it. 5cm/s... Norwegian Wood. Violet Evergarden... Not a tear jerker.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Sep 19, 2021 3:34 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
i don't usually cry towards anime/manga/video games but most of my favorites are sad so yeah i do like to look around for tearjerkers
Sep 19, 2021 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
I try to avoid tragedies as much as possible but if the story is really that good I'll put up with it.

My favorite is Banana Fish
desu desu binches
Sep 19, 2021 5:22 PM

May 2021
Kyonami_shaggy said:
tragedy scares me tbh.......
but what if-------i want pain
sometimes i want to see reality and reality is full of pain---so should i know that it has a sad ending and yet watch it.........
yes there are beautiful anime too....but most people get scared even before watching them?
what do you say on this?
also comment your one favourite or if you don't have one favourite just type the genre of the first anime you ever watched....

Yup, reality is full of pain, i guess i seek tragic, sad, realistic anime not to feel alone, even if it is a story with animated characters
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

20 by Poydoo »»
11 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
11 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
11 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

40 by redorzo »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.