Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dear Minato, just get it over with your family about your accident. Be nice to them.

It's really a dream come true for Captain Jou to have his own water polo team to participate in a tournament...but dark Minato is still the ruthless temp captain that grates on some's nerves. Takekazu is done sitting on the bench, he wants to be in the action.

But they don't have much time before the prefecturals (a month exact), and are crunching their trainings through day by day, something which Eitarou senses the evidence. And Minato is HELL BENT on making it work against his former rivals Shogakugan, but Momo being taken out because of a muscle injury is a big blow to them.

Shuugo and Momo has had quite the sibling rivalry relationship plus Minato's arrogance before the accident, but nothing changes the fact that they're gonna win the prefecturals no matter whem they seek rivals to. I find it creepy that Rikka Academy had their eyes on them like a stalker hawk, much less Chinu herself finding an avenue to rant about Minato and be her own captain.

The time has come for the prefecturals, and time to showcase their teamwork to a tournament they can't back out of. Everyone's giving their last cheers.
KANLen09Sep 18, 2021 11:58 AM
Sep 18, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2018
Minato's acting more like a captain than Jou. Well, time flew fast and it's already time for the prefecturals. Seems like he's getting close to his prime and the rest of the team trained hard enough to stay on their own toes. I just can't see them winning after they lost against grade school kids. It's dark Minato this time, a little bit more chance.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 18, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2019
Man... once again, I hate cocky Minato so much. I don't like his attitude towards his family, friends, and all the team members. Looks like everyone on the team has their own story and where from where they're coming. No one wants to drag their team down, so everyone's working hard for it. The captain is my favorite team member so far, He's such a chill dude. I hope Minato gets comfortable with all of them and becomes friends with them once again.

Amihama's brother is out of the prefectures because of his injury. And finally, Amihama's looking to play Water Polo because he can see a rival in Minato and not because of his older brother. The tourny will be starting next week. Looking forward to it and how Minato will play with his team.
Sep 18, 2021 11:07 AM
Sep 2015
Re-Main brings its A game again in this episode. It's like only ten minutes had passed instead of twenty. The new Minato begin to emerge within the old Minato, and his teammates are very happy about this, they're willing to centered around him again.

I hope our captain Joujima and our redhair Takekazu can solve their personal problem. They're my favorite characters.

Poor Momo get injured before important match, I think this is the only part that I want to change, I don't want anyone to get injury in sports anime. And with Momo being my ship with Minato, they should face-off and give everything they've in a sportsmanship manner that'll be a metaphor for their romantic relationship so I'm sadder than usual. But at least Momo is talking to his little brother as usual, at first I'm afraid they don't talk to each other anymore.

One interesing thing I found is that even in the real world the coach try to raise the player into an elite athlete type, like the player can get away with anything as long as their performance is still second to none, and it's even more common than I thought. I don't know which country start this trend (USA?) but I hope it'll stop soon. Players are human, not machine.
Sep 18, 2021 11:30 AM
Oct 2020
What a great eps. we can see that minato is showing his good side even though its not much. i cant wait for next week
Sep 18, 2021 11:33 AM
Aug 2018
This episode was better than most.... as long as Minato is not talking... he can be inspiring...

(He could be nicer with his family at least)

I think this anime could have just been Minato waking up after coma and having to start again (no need for memory loss). It would still be "re-main" and you would not have this switch of personality mid-season.

Two episodes left, two match... let's see how it goes.
Sep 18, 2021 12:31 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Decent episode :) !
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 18, 2021 2:16 PM
Sep 2020
I feel like I don’t even care about this character anymore since he turned into the piece of shit he is now. I don’t look forward to watching it anymore, it’s just disappointing.
Sep 18, 2021 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
is Minato is still arrogant but that's making a lot of people give up watching the show,But for me it wasn't a total disappointment but for me it wasn't a More question to the events itself the team is even proceeding with this arrogance.
Sep 18, 2021 5:41 PM
Oct 2019
Minato is such a talented guy! He inspired me to work hard and be the best i can be. On another note i don't like his attitude the way it is now, i miss nice Minato. I'm excited for prefecturals! LEZ GO!
Sep 18, 2021 5:55 PM

Jul 2017
It hyped me a lot for this match, and I'm already start too like this Minato
Sep 18, 2021 6:06 PM
Feb 2020
I still don't understand the girl role in the series, we got like a sub plot with her just for the filler. Hope it gets somewhere because she is just boring ngl.
Sep 18, 2021 6:20 PM

Jun 2021
Solid episode

Initially, it looked like an average training montage episode, but in between the training segments, they explore into each characters feelings and relationships (like Jou and his dad, Amiami and his brother, etc.). Also interesting to see the gradual change of heart Minato has through the episode (he's still an asshole for how he treats his family)

Hopefully some game action next week.
Sep 18, 2021 7:01 PM
Apr 2019
Honestly it's hard for me to cheer them on because of how dram focused the last few episodes were. Only now are we getting back to the water polo (you know, what the anime is supposed to be about but double-amnesia took over everything).

Had this anime just been Minato been in an accident and lost interest in the sport but decided to get back into it, it would've been good. I'll stick around until the end but with only 2 episodes left, I can feel it being rushed.
Sep 18, 2021 7:11 PM

Oct 2017
finally, a decent episode. looks like minato may be going back to his nicer self as prefecturals get closer. eager to see how the team does in the competition.
Sep 18, 2021 9:55 PM

Nov 2012
One minute in:
I know he'd probably die if he got whacked upside the head, but I'm willing to risk it.

I'm hoping for Minato v3 (Minato v2's personality + Minato v1's abilities)
dragynfaerieSep 18, 2021 10:24 PM
Sep 18, 2021 10:03 PM

Dec 2020
someone in the Really needs to get minato off his high horse. i feel bad for him, getting something he's worked hard on and sacrificed so much for taken away just like that but going "heeh?" in a looking down manner to your Mother who just cares for you..? dad needs to do some talking

definitely respect him tho for pushing himself to the limits and it paid off, good on him
Sep 18, 2021 11:21 PM

Oct 2016
Minato's an ass, but it's true that his hardwork inspires people and his teammates, he brings the best out of his team. I don't like him as a person, but I like his character, and it looks like he's becoming more lax. Maybe his personality will end up being somewhere between mean Minato and the nicer Minato. Fuck his bitchass though at the start of the episode for talking to his mother like that. I respect the hell out of his mother for being calm and answering his question well.

Interesting that Ichinose already has a girlfriend and he found happiness in table tennis, good for him, he even respects the value that Minato brought to the team. I wonder if Chinu liked him though, I think she really just admires him. But hey, Minato has a chance as long as he changes. Those 3 dudes on the Chinu's school though smirking and shit was hilarious lmao. Looking forward to the prefecturals.
Sep 19, 2021 10:04 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
liked the episode, good to see that minato changes a bit.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 19, 2021 11:25 AM
Jan 2021
I really liked this episode, looking forward to the next one >o<

Sep 19, 2021 12:06 PM

Apr 2016
Good episode, I'm pretty curious to see the match. I'm waiting for the next episode!
Sep 19, 2021 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
I feel bad for Minato's mom... she looks like such a sweet person, and he keeps making her feel guilty for the accident. I miss the cute Minato, even if this cocky Minato is the "original" one
Sep 19, 2021 6:52 PM

Oct 2019
I though episode 8 would end up ruining the series for me, but I think it actually moved it in a better direction than it could've gone before. Plus, I like Meanato's personality better than Minato, he's just more interesting.

And Ushimado sleeps like a pig lmao I love him so much
Sep 19, 2021 8:06 PM

Jul 2016
Incredible how this series gives Minato a free pass to act like the most arrogant asshole ever only because he's a good athlete. No idea what's the deal with his family but just imagine being such a scumbag you purposefully make your own mother feel guilty for an accident that obviously wasn't her fault.

Anyways, another bad episode. Now let's look forward to seeing Minato throwing a tantrum once he finds out Amihama's brother won't be playing.
SouthRzVaSep 19, 2021 8:13 PM
Sep 20, 2021 3:13 PM

Mar 2018
so minato's slowly coming around but he's still an asshole

at least i hope they don't get demolished at the prefects
Sep 20, 2021 10:23 PM
May 2019
Pre_Yum said:
Man... once again, I hate cocky Minato so much. I don't like his attitude towards his family, friends, and all the team members. Looks like everyone on the team has their own story and where from where they're coming. No one wants to drag their team down, so everyone's working hard for it. The captain is my favorite team member so far, He's such a chill dude. I hope Minato gets comfortable with all of them and becomes friends with them once again.

Amihama's brother is out of the prefectures because of his injury. And finally, Amihama's looking to play Water Polo because he can see a rival in Minato and not because of his older brother. The tourny will be starting next week. Looking forward to it and how Minato will play with his team.
the whole plot twist thing came out of nowhere but it does help this show stand out. As it's main character isn't your typical happy go luck sports protagonist.
Oct 4, 2021 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
Minato's mean attitude still annoys me like what he said to his mother, I still have some slim hope he'll change a bit into the more kind and nice Minato but I don't think that'll happen.

Good to see Hiroshi doing quite great after quitting water polo because of Minato with now doing table tennis and having a girlfriend.

Oct 5, 2021 10:43 PM

Dec 2016

That's some immature shit he just said...I want his previous personality back. 6th grade Minato was so much better.
Oct 16, 2021 6:27 AM
Sep 2018
wow this episode was so fucking good really
Nov 12, 2021 2:47 PM

Oct 2019
I think Minato took the 'bad guy' role his former coach (somehow) suggested into him a little bit too seriously, though he appears to be softening a bit lately. I'm quite sure that Minato's former coach referred only to water polo and his team mates but somehow Minato applied that persona everywhere, including his personal affairs; even, bizarrely, toward his family. I still find the ease with which Minato's persona changed utterly ridiculous. People are not machines after all.

In the last two episode we will finally see the boys competing in their first actual match. So, 10 episodes for character build up, training, character backstories, personal affairs, multiple 'almost resignations' to create drama, more training, internal team conflicts, a practice match against grade schoolers who wiped the pool with them, resolutions of the conflicts, even more training and finally just two episodes to see them actually competing against two teams in a row.

If the above are not a recipe for a super hasty, corner cutting series ending I don't know what could possibly be.
Dec 10, 2021 7:45 AM

Jun 2020
I like how deep down, everyone around Minato knows he means well & is still struggling with this. They are so patient with him. His sis is so cute, how could be even say no to her hehe

Honestly I felt like this episode was pretty rushed. I wish they had more episodes to really develop the boys. They totally brushed past Takekazu‘s past......and I hope Captain’s dad makes it to the game.

Poor Momo. But Yuuma’s voice♡____♡

It’s nice seeing how this rude and overbearing Minato is affecting them. Instead of lashing out they are actually learning from him & getting inspired. It’s almost humbling for them, especially for Takekazu & Amiami. And they really have a great Captain who is just trying to keep the team together so they can, play together.

Yikes tho. Wonder how Minato is going to react if Momo is really not playing

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 12, 2022 1:51 AM

Aug 2017
Hey look, a convenient injury now. The writing at this point is pretty awful at this point.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 20, 2022 3:27 PM

Sep 2013
Minato is really insufferable and so are the episodes, thanks to him.
Who enjoys seeing the life of some arrogant high school bully, lol. Specially his talk to his family and to his mother, so damn low maaan.

Just want to finish the remaining two episodes and end this quickly. It's really sad they turned what could have been a possibly nice sports anime with an interesting sport and some overall nice characters into a damn telenovela with the double-amnesia and only real matches at the damn two last episodes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

69 by IDontKnowAnyM0r3 »»
Apr 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 11, 2021

49 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

106 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2021

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.