Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2021 5:52 AM
Jul 2021
So recently there was a discussion about a printer being used to write in the death note, so I was inclined to ask for thoughts on this matter: using a typewriter to print in the Death Note instead of a pen. I think it would work as it’s basically automating the use of a pen, but what do you guys think?
Sep 17, 2021 6:07 AM
Jul 2021
There was a comment to that post saying that it wouldn’t work because when you’re writing the name, you need to picture the person in your mind. A printer can’t do that
Sep 17, 2021 6:22 AM

Mar 2021
Kelly32723 said:
There was a comment to that post saying that it wouldn’t work because when you’re writing the name, you need to picture the person in your mind. A printer can’t do that

It was mine.
Typewriter would have the same effect, as I would have on printer. So final declaration again:

NO

Sep 17, 2021 6:42 AM

Aug 2020
What if you pictured that person in your head while typing out their name? that might work

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Sep 17, 2021 6:52 AM

Jan 2021
if using a needle and blood works, a typewriter isn't exactly out of the question.
i think it will.
Sep 17, 2021 7:17 AM
Jul 2021
certifiedbinger said:
if using a needle and blood works, a typewriter isn't exactly out of the question.
i think it will.

oh true a printer probably won’t work though
Sep 17, 2021 10:58 AM
Jul 2021
Voilaanime said:
Kelly32723 said:

It was mine.
Typewriter would have the same effect, as I would have on printer. So final declaration again:

NO

Well the difference between a printer and say things like a pen and typewriter is that you don’t control it; in other words, the printer prints the names not you. However, with a typewriter youre basically doing what you would do with a pen except instead of writing ink youre typing it, and it’s interesting to imagine like light using a typewriter.
Sep 17, 2021 6:37 PM
Dec 2020
Voilaanime said:
Kelly32723 said:

It was mine.

NO

I’d say your pretty on the money here. Though I think the “type writer” train of thought is possible with a bit more thinking (nothing I’ve thought up I just figure there must be some kind of loophole for another means of writing) I feel that this would’ve been used in the show. Also although I mention that with some thinking an alternative way of the notebooks use with a printer may be possible I feel that in canon Light is a genius for all intents and purposes. I feel that he would’ve used a more efficient way (printer, computer software etc.) if there was a way to and as evident by any constant viewer he did not.

For example, were he to make a program with a victim (term used for example purposes) with their name and crime that printed the name onto the notebook at the speed he usually writes that would be leagues more efficient than physically writing and each one since as anyone who’s taken a writing course in class, it can be labor intensive on your hands and writing names for more than 3 hours seems impossible in reality. With the system I stated above it would allow him to visualize the criminal without the constant physical labor involved in the way shown in the series. So in a way yes it would work but as far as the feasibility in making such a system…. I doubt it, but if a keyboard OS freak were to nab the notebook I imagine they would make a similar system.

Sorry for rambling, just some of my thoughts.
said the lolicon bastard
Sep 18, 2021 8:49 AM

Aug 2019
I'm pretty sure that the rules of the Death Note specifically mention that the name has to be "written", which implies a writing utensil like a pencil or pen. I don't think a typewriter would count since that would involve "typing" not "writing".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 8, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.