Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2021 2:22 AM
Feb 2019
I'm currently at the part where they were in the dungeon (around episode 17) and I just noticed the animation of the fight betweem Luck and the dude from the other kingdom is... lacking? I don't know know what exactly I'm looking for but I feel like it doesn't get me as hyped as what I would want to. The movements are just too slow to me it almost feels like it's dragging considering that Luck is supposed to be fast.

Is this just a one time thing or the rest of the fights are animated like this? Does it get better at least?

Anyways I'm liking the story so far so I'm still gonna continue it.
Sep 17, 2021 2:36 AM
Jul 2020
amhethyst said:
I'm currently at the part where they were in the dungeon (around episode 17) and I just noticed the animation of the fight betweem Luck and the dude from the other kingdom is... lacking? I don't know know what exactly I'm looking for but I feel like it doesn't get me as hyped as what I would want to. The movements are just too slow to me it almost feels like it's dragging considering that Luck is supposed to be fast.

Is this just a one time thing or the rest of the fights are animated like this? Does it get better at least?

I guess you're new to bc,so let me tell you. Most of the ep have a very horrible animation. You can expect some of the fight and ep will have a good animation,but not all the fight will be that pretty. From here and on you will see far more weird animation and gross art,but if you only focus on the story and the comedy,it's a pretty good watch. So just don't expecting too much.
Sep 17, 2021 2:39 AM

Jan 2021
I haven’t watched Black Clover yet (but I’m planning to) but most people have said that the animation gets better as you watch more episodes of it, probably around Ep. 50 or something I can’t clearly remember

But good for you, you also focus on the story as well, so keep that up

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Sep 17, 2021 2:52 AM
Mar 2021
Zac22 said:
amhethyst said:

I guess you're new to bc,so let me tell you. Most of the ep have a very horrible animation. You can expect some of the fight and ep will have a good animation,but not all the fight will be that pretty. From here and on you will see far more weird animation and gross art,but if you only focus on the story and the comedy,it's a pretty good watch. So just don't expecting too much.
nah man, animations past episode 50 get a lot of better with a lot of uniwue once and amazing ones.
Sep 17, 2021 3:04 AM
Apr 2021
Past season 2 (episodes 52) is getting good animation fight
Sep 17, 2021 3:08 AM
May 2021
amhethyst said:

Just for your information, bc has a really horrible animation in the first quarter, but it gets better throughout the series. Just hang on and you'll get theređź’Ş. It starts to get decent animation at royal knights arc (around eps 66-77)
Sep 17, 2021 3:13 AM
Jun 2021
After episode 50 animation gets better and for the spade kingdom arc it's amazing
Sep 17, 2021 4:15 AM
Apr 2019
Yep, the animation definitely gets better as you watch. Especially episode 100 and beyond I would say.
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
Sep 17, 2021 5:30 AM

Aug 2017
i think in the first 50 episodes there is some nice animation but obviously most of it wasnt really well done because they had production issues. later on yami vs licht is pretty well done and some of the black bulls vs vetto animation is also well done. aside from those couple things and maybe some other could be forgetting some the animation mostly is average in the first 50 episodes. it really really improves later on tho just keep watching
Sep 17, 2021 5:35 AM
Jul 2021
amhethyst said:

art is pretty weird but anime fight will gets better and comedy and story bot are pretty good if have liked the story so far then I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed just be patient a little bit
Sep 17, 2021 5:38 AM

Jul 2020
Some fights are masterpieces like Asta vs Despair, The Battle of the Captains, Mereoleona VS Rhya The Disloyal and crappy fights like Asta vs Ladros, the one you mentioned just now, some inconsistencies of Asta and Yuno vs the Leader of the Eye of the midnight sun, etc. So it depends. However if you just want consistency just read the Manga it's much better there.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 17, 2021 5:57 AM

Apr 2020
Around ep60 animation gets better and somewhere at ep96 whole plot kind of "builds up" and gets more interesting. Just be patient and watch it, it's worth a bit of waiting imo

Sep 17, 2021 11:02 AM
Jun 2021
The animation is probably the main reason people stay away from Black Clover. The Dungeon arc and the arc right after when they are fighting in the capital have by far the worst animation. The reason for this is pretty simple but important to consider… the company that makes Black Clover had an animation plan in their head, but it wasn’t sustainable for a long running shounen.
On top of that just for reference; Black Clover came out in 2017 and now has 170 episodes, meanwhile My Hero came out in 2016 and has only around 120 episodes. Black Clover kept pumping out episodes without stopping while other shounen are one season a year.
The first few episodes actually don’t look that bad though.They fix it later around episode 50 or 60, but the fights in the show up till then are still good because of the magic system in the show.
Last thing just to appreciate the show a bit, the openings in Black Clover look awesome and expensive so who knows how much those cost lol
Sep 17, 2021 2:25 PM
Jan 2021
This show seems kind of low budgeted in general, bc I find most of the early fights in the show kind of bad, just the design and cgi was bad imo, but the phenomenal fights latr in the show definitely make up for the very lacklustre early fights. The story in this show is extremely basic, but where the anime currently ended off, it started to get very interesting and this could be peak shounen if future black clover is done correctly. Imo atleast.
Sep 17, 2021 8:00 PM
Jul 2020
SOTTOxd said:
Zac22 said:

nah man, animations past episode 50 get a lot of better with a lot of uniwue once and amazing ones.

I have already finished the show,so I know how bad it is. Yes,it's improved,but it's still bad. Just a couple of ep have a really2 good animation,and others just look meh. You can defend all you want,but it is a fact. A fight in ep 63,you can't actually called that good tbh. A lot of weird cgi was used too,and there's a mistake on the art. I'm not saying this becase I hate the series,but I want people to know this fact,so they wont have too high expectation. Ofc,the story was good,and I really like the manga more than anime. Plus,there's definitely some fight that could called a masterpiece,like wizard king vs licht,asta&yuno vs licht,first wizard king vs demon,yuno vs captain,the fight between captain and more. Bs definitely have it moment.
Zac22Sep 17, 2021 8:16 PM
Sep 17, 2021 9:02 PM
Aug 2020
I don't know why people on internet were mad about BC's animation, I mean I think it was pretty cool that they had some glitches/b/w effects in between fights. And those made it so much cooler. Why can't people just admit that BC has a different type of animation.I loved how much I enjoyed Black clover tbh. Great shounen imo.
Sep 17, 2021 9:36 PM
Nov 2020
I like the animation for the most part I think the fights could be drawn out longer and a little more fast paced overall but there are tons of fights in this anime and there are alot that I think are truly amazing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 21, 2020

62 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

343 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» Does this guy only scream?

Yeetyus - Mar 2

49 by KafarPL »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 17, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
Apr 17, 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.