Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2021 3:59 AM
Mar 2020
I haven’t finished part four yet so no spoilers please!

When I was watching part two Joseph was HANDS DOWN my favorite character like ever. He’s smart, insanely attractive, and managed to make me laugh on many occasions. Then part three came along, he got older (which i have no problem with i think that’s pretty cool) but his WHOLE personality changed? and he doesn’t even look like young Joseph in the slightest. It really changed my view of him a lot. Then part four? i don’t even know how to describe him. basically he’s just super old and is hard of hearing. yea i get he’s like 80 but they did him so dirty. i cant be the only one who’s kind of disappointed?
Sep 15, 2021 4:23 AM
Oct 2020
I found his personality in part 3 to be a natural progression from part 2 to be honest. He’s older and more mature but still pretty goofy. I think it corresponds with his maturation in part 2.
Part 4 he’s basically just a senile old man who doesn’t have much screen time. I wouldn’t really focus on his characterization considering his age (I think his portrayal is pretty realistic considering his age) and how he’s not a big part of DIU outside of the whole affair thing.
Sep 15, 2021 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
Even though he got older, Araki/the writers aren’t unaware of his progression, and give nods to how he was in his prime (think The Empress episode in Pt. 3). I can appreciate that. I feel where you’re coming from, I was much in the same boat. Though I feel it’s kinda natural, and a good “passing the torch” to the kid generation.

That is... Dorohedoro.

Sep 15, 2021 4:35 AM
Jan 2021
I agree with you, i wasn't a big fan of Joseph in part 2, so i didn't really care about him, but in part 3 he ended up basically just being comic relief and nothing more, and in part 4, just sadness. Not to mention the story of him cheating on his wife. By far the worst JoJo, at least for me.
Sep 15, 2021 4:54 AM
Aug 2021
I think he was done dirty in part 3 for sure. I dont remember the name of the stand but we became magnetized to the escalator and was screaming for his life. Young Joseph would never lose his cool like that. Also when they were in the desert and they were trying to figure out where there were being attacked from and the other 3 figured it out and started laughing amd Joseph is sitting there like an idiot. He's definitely smarter than that. He outsmarted Kars who I think is one of the most powerful jojo villians. Anyways I think Joseph became more mature for sure but he lost his coolness factor for me
Sep 15, 2021 5:12 AM
Jul 2014
I'd say its just his age and him becoming more mature. There's still some hints of his personality in part 3. And in part 4 even though he's older he still has a heart of gold and is a family person. Even when when hes older and still uses a cane he still makes an effort to be involved and take care of his family which is one of the many traits that I love about him!

As another Joseph Joestar fan its just great to see his life also I LOVE the interactions he has with his son. Josuke is my second favorite because is personality is similar to Josephs. :)
Sep 15, 2021 5:12 AM
Jul 2014
I'd say its just his age and him becoming more mature. There's still some hints of his personality in part 3. And in part 4 even though he's older he still has a heart of gold and is a family person. Even when when hes older and still uses a cane he still makes an effort to be involved and take care of his family which is one of the many traits that I love about him!

As another Joseph Joestar fan its just great to see his life also I LOVE the interactions he has with his son. Josuke is my second favorite because is personality is similar to Josephs. :)
Sep 15, 2021 5:31 AM

Jun 2021
Rule number 1 of watching jojo- You gotta pay less and less attention to old characters as new ones come by. I liked Joseph too but ehhh joestars' a family and members get old and DIE!! Let that sink in
Sep 15, 2021 5:36 AM

May 2021
I actually like his part 3 version the best due to his exaggerated overuse of English just because the writer thinks it sounds cool so it makes for a lot of meme potential & hilarity. I can however understand his character taking a backseat in part 4 since he was already the star of part 2 & a secondary star in part 3, it's time to let the other Jojo descendants shine.
Sep 15, 2021 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
MAL user discovers aging, shocking results!
Sep 15, 2021 6:13 AM

Nov 2020
part 4 Joseph is just a senile version of part 3 joseph and part 3 joseph is a older and mature version of himself 50 years prior
Sep 15, 2021 8:43 AM
Mar 2019
I dont know guys but i actually liked his progression?I mean yeah his part 4 is just the weakest but considering that he's lived so long and has already stopped two world ending villains,I was okay with it cause you know,its a continous story and its natural to see characters age but idk,it felt bittersweet to me personally.
Also him saving that invisible baby using his blood still shows that yup,He's still the Joseph Joestar we know.Still my favourite Jojo.
Sep 15, 2021 8:46 AM
May 2021
You're definitely not alone in that, I was also super disappointed in how he turned out. But I guess it was to show some realistic aging? Of course he is not gonna jump around like he used to, but I was also expecting some usual Joseph-isms. Anyway, I think we can all agree that he will always hold a special place in our heart (hands down the best Jojo so far!)
Sep 15, 2021 9:25 AM
Dec 2020
Joseph "forsenCD" Joestar
Sep 20, 2021 4:02 PM
Aug 2019
Yeah we see a change of personality from Part 2 to Part 3 but sometimes we see a little bit of comic scenes about him. But in Part 4 he is completely different and does not have too much screen time.
Oct 18, 2021 2:45 AM

Dec 2019
koitie said:
Then part three came along, he got older (which i have no problem with i think that’s pretty cool) but his WHOLE personality changed? and he doesn’t even look like young Joseph in the slightest.

If you're still the same person 60 years from now, you have my permission to come over and smack my face.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.