Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 15, 2021 1:07 AM

Jul 2021
well How are nobody able to see mai?
she just suffered from adolescence syndrome which made her to think herself alone and go everywhere alone.
but how did it affect the other people to ignore her?
is there something supernatural?
plz explain!
Sep 15, 2021 1:32 AM
Sep 2020
Well yeah, the term "Supernatural" is enough to explain it. Lazy writing I would say, they just puke out random physics arguments which are hardly related to the matter and that too incomplete, like man the explanations in this show are too shallow.
Sep 15, 2021 1:32 AM
Jun 2021
Yes, it's something supernatural. The adolescence syndrome is basically a physical representation of the person's internal struggles, so mai struggling with her fame and wanting to not be seen made her physically disappear
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Sep 15, 2021 1:37 AM
Mar 2021
It is basically supernatural but the show tried to reach it scientifically, which is the worst part of bunny girl senpai because it ended up being boring
Sep 15, 2021 1:54 AM
Sep 2020
Yeah, Adolescence Syndrome is a supernatural amplification of normal teenager problems.
Mai joined the school in second year, so she missed out on joining a clique, and someone going out of their way to talk to the resident celebrity would be seen as obnoxious or attention seeking, so talking to her, or really acknowledging her at all, became taboo, so everyone just ignores her.
Stack that with her subconscious desire to visit a world where no one knows her making her a little happy to be left alone, and you go from people pretending to not notice her because everyone else is, to people who can’t notice her because no one else can. Sort of like a “Read the room, and act accordingly” kinda thing. The vibe in this room says ‘Don’t talk to Mai! Just pretend you don’t notice her!’ and everyone naturally goes along with it, until it gets so bad that they literally forget she exists.

Hope this helps! I’m open to questions.
Sep 15, 2021 2:36 AM

Jul 2021
Varekk said:
Yeah, Adolescence Syndrome is a supernatural amplification of normal teenager problems.
Mai joined the school in second year, so she missed out on joining a clique, and someone going out of their way to talk to the resident celebrity would be seen as obnoxious or attention seeking, so talking to her, or really acknowledging her at all, became taboo, so everyone just ignores her.
Stack that with her subconscious desire to visit a world where no one knows her making her a little happy to be left alone, and you go from people pretending to not notice her because everyone else is, to people who can’t notice her because no one else can. Sort of like a “Read the room, and act accordingly” kinda thing. The vibe in this room says ‘Don’t talk to Mai! Just pretend you don’t notice her!’ and everyone naturally goes along with it, until it gets so bad that they literally forget she exists.

Hope this helps! I’m open to questions.
Thank you so much!!
kinda cringey story; i really thought that a good quantum theory will be behind it, like you can't prove any existence until you can't see and measure it; but we can see her man...lol
so this show says that; we can't even see and observe her and so her existence is no longer there
Sep 15, 2021 4:49 AM
Apr 2021
So, there is one interpretation very cool for the situation. Firstly, yes, it's a supernatural event. However it reflects our society, it is a representation of what happens when something or someone changes, it is a representation of how people start declining the changes. Don't understand me wrong, it is not something that can be considered as some tipe of sin, is just an event of our society, something that we can call natural I think. So, concluding, people stopped seeing Mai because she changed and left her carrer as an actrees, and bunny girl just show us this event in an exaggerated form, to make us reflect about it, that not everything is the way that we hope it would be. (Sorry for the bad english, I can't speak english very well yet)
Sep 15, 2021 7:32 AM
Mar 2021
It’s not that deep. Most of us are watching cuz Mai and rio
Sep 15, 2021 8:47 AM
Jan 2021
She became something similar to something/things that even if that thing changes, you won't notice it unless you pay attention closely as your eyesight can only register so much everytime you see anything(there are things that your brains intentionally miss) and she became that thing that your eyes chose to miss/not register because of the adolescence syndrome/supernatural part of this show.

And over time, she became something that people forget because nobody notices her and as time goes on people's memories of her are erased(it happened unconsciously because your brain deemed it nonessential) or locked up in part of their brain that hard to remember (ex : childhood memories) unless that info is presented to you and your brain suddenly connects the dot between what you see and your memories that relates to it(sort of like "oh yeah, I forgot about that" or "how can I forget about that" moment which occurs often in people).
Sep 15, 2021 10:07 AM
Sep 2020
Hot_Green_Tea said:
She became something similar to something/things that even if that thing changes, you won't notice it unless you pay attention closely as your eyesight can only register so much everytime you see anything(there are things that your brains intentionally miss) and she became that thing that your eyes chose to miss/not register because of the adolescence syndrome/supernatural part of this show.

And over time, she became something that people forget because nobody notices her and as time goes on people's memories of her are erased(it happened unconsciously because your brain deemed it nonessential) or locked up in part of their brain that hard to remember (ex : childhood memories) unless that info is presented to you and your brain suddenly connects the dot between what you see and your memories that relates to it(sort of like "oh yeah, I forgot about that" or "how can I forget about that" moment which occurs often in people).

Great explanation 👍
Sep 15, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2021
Hot_Green_Tea said:

well but how can nobody notice her even when she is walking infront of them?
keeping the school children aside, even when she went to the restaurant, the waitor could not see her, but it was their first time meeting each other right?
it is purely supernatural man...
walking infront of people and they can't notice you,(even if i go with the schrodinger's cat theory), only when the cat could be observed its existence can be confirmed, but here mai can be observed right?
she was never a shut in, just one day whie gooing to the aquarium suddenly people lost her sight...it is kinda scary actually.
also the time loop things (laplace demon is fictional...there's no way that something can determine every particle's momentum to find out the effects of newton's three laws of motion on it just like it is impossible for someone to travel in speed of light to travel through time...
and an that clone from parallel word thingy gave me chills;;;is not is a horror anime?
damn
R0NIT4RDSep 15, 2021 10:26 AM
Sep 15, 2021 12:15 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Shrey_Hehe_ said:
Well yeah, the term "Supernatural" is enough to explain it. Lazy writing I would say, they just puke out random physics arguments which are hardly related to the matter and that too incomplete, like man the explanations in this show are too shallow.
Taravaishnav1988 said:
It is basically supernatural but the show tried to reach it scientifically, which is the worst part of bunny girl senpai because it ended up being boring

Exactly, shows have been doing this for years but they were more upfront about it. The likes of Kanon, shuffle, Clanned etc all work the exact same way using fantasy or supernatural elements to represent real life struggles but in those examples they don't waste time on scientific play house and instead are just more upfront that the set-up is bullshit from are real world perspective but really what matters is the characters and there arcs, rather then pissin about with some crisis to be solved.
Sep 15, 2021 4:22 PM
May 2021
WitchOfOccultic said:
well How are nobody able to see mai?
she just suffered from adolescence syndrome which made her to think herself alone and go everywhere alone.
but how did it affect the other people to ignore her?
is there something supernatural?
plz explain!
adolescence syndrome is a supernatural and fictional phenomenon, people really just couldn’t see her
Sep 15, 2021 5:32 PM
Feb 2017
The whole dam series is fiction
Adolescence syndrome is a mental illness that needs proper therapy
Ever watched"A Beautiful Mind" its the same thing where the person inflict harm to himself or others and convince himself that it was done to him by others....any way not being seen by others or beijg totally forgotten in the anime is just fiction state
Sep 15, 2021 7:02 PM
Mar 2021
RealAuto said:
It’s not that deep. Most of us are watching cuz Mai and rio

Finally, A guy like me..
Sep 22, 2021 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING SUPERNATURAL BUT THEY EXPLAIN IT BRUH

It basically boils down to "everyone took the hint that she wanted to be out of the limelight, so they all unconsciously started ignoring her". It's all about the atmosphere and how people try to go with the flow

Obviously it is some of amount of supernatural but like come on guys, not one person posted the given reason

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.