Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 14, 2021 10:08 PM

Mar 2021
I think I've been seeing so many comments about one-sided fight, power isekai etc... I will give you some clarification now. If you still have doubts you can post it here.. I'll reply to you when I look your comment.

1. Overpowerd generic isekai: The main problem with the first season is shown in a SoL manner. Actually it's not. The character introduction and development made this s1 as a SoL. most likely about how we watched it as a SoL... The charcters are not OP in the s2 part1, you might know what happened during it...after receiving the gifts and accession to demon lord made it possible. Also there are so many characters to be introduced and rimuru is not strong if we compare with them. Generic--- can you show me how it's a generic one? If a character is Op and defeats the villan the story will be considered as GENERIC?? What about those boring meetings you talked about? What about those accession to demon lord? What about this Walpurgis??

2. One sided battles: Thankyou @nina444 , I'll give the same explanation, Rimuru is getting prepared for this battle from the last season... so the people who are complaining this is one sided battle mostly didn't watch this slime season properly. He prepared for the battle for the whole 2 episodes and we just tagged it as bored episodes and after coming to the battle and looking at the clayman becoming weak we all are tagging a "SHIT AND GENERIC". Come on guys, if rimuru ultimately won this because of his plan and with the help of mjurran.. let me clarify you something too Clayman did mentioned that " The demon lord seat you prepared it for me.." so obviously you can find why he's weak...
tensura1704Sep 14, 2021 10:12 PM

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 14, 2021 10:12 PM

Jul 2017
Clayman was a boring antagonist, and the pacing wasnt great
Sep 14, 2021 10:15 PM

Mar 2021
Kitsune_089 said:

hmm i accept the pacing issue...
but did you forget that he's the same guy who involved in falmuth's entry and did you forget how cunningly he wanted to kill Eurazania people...

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Sep 14, 2021 10:25 PM
Nov 2020
They nerfed the shit out of Clayman I know he would have become true demon lord if Rimuru didn't uncover his plans to obtain soul and sent his army to stop him but he's not clever & cunning anymore. The locket he used on Milim just feels like a weak plot device to bring things together for this meeting to happen which didn't even had any effect on her. Don't wanna talk about the ridiculous reason for Veldora's sudden appearance in Valpurgis
Sep 14, 2021 10:39 PM

Mar 2021
LightYagami047 said:
They nerfed the shit out of Clayman I know he would have become true demon lord if Rimuru didn't uncover his plans to obtain soul and sent his army to stop him but he's not clever & cunning anymore. The locket he used on Milim just feels like a weak plot device to bring things together for this meeting to happen which didn't even had any effect on her. Don't wanna talk about the ridiculous reason for Veldora's sudden appearance in Valpurgis

he's not cunning anymore--- because he became too arrogant that he got milim under control. It's not a weak plot device, she deliberately accepted it because she wanted to who's controlling clayman... i don't find anything weak here except milim is really cunning.

Sep 14, 2021 11:11 PM
Aug 2018
Tensura1704 makes 100% valid points here. Will definitely prove anyone wrong about their “complaints”.
Sep 14, 2021 11:29 PM

Jan 2014
I think the complaints are dumb tbh. Like, people really had different expectations of Clayman, even after already being outed as a small fry. We just got to see how small and insignificant he really was on this Walpurgis stage, that Rimuru and co dominated. We already saw who was pulling the strings in a prior episode, and again in this episode. Bottom line, Clayman was a small cog in a much larger machine.
Sep 15, 2021 12:16 AM
Dec 2020
All i wanted is for clayman hit deal 1 dmg instead of 0
Then i had no complain
Sep 15, 2021 12:54 AM

Jul 2010
tensura1704 said:
LightYagami047 said:

he's not cunning anymore--- because he became too arrogant that he got milim under control. It's not a weak plot device, she deliberately accepted it because she wanted to who's controlling clayman... i don't find anything weak here except milim is really cunning.

It was a weak plot device. There was no foreshadowing. We were given no hints at all that she "might" not be controlled. This was the writer screwing up trying to backtrack his mistakes. Hell, even Carrion was like "then why did you destroy my place". Then Milim plays it off as humorous like she was not able to stop or was ponkotsu. Which invalidates her being "cunning" by pretending to be under control.

They did nerf clayman you cant deny that. He was being hyped up as pretty strong all season long, but then we get that flashback where his friends were like "yeah you are weak". Whiplash.

Your high on copium with this show. Take off the rose tinted glasses (though I doubt you will cuz your literal username is tensura). Season 1 was great but S2 yeah idk chief. I enjoyed The Slime Diaries more. Tensura is at its best when they are not doing the whole generic power fantasy isekai and when its more of a "lets build our kingdom". When Rimuru said "I dont care about being Demon Lord" I agreed with him I dont care about this whole demon lord nonsense S2 has been shoving into my face.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Sep 15, 2021 1:01 AM
Jan 2021
tensura1704 said:
I think I've been seeing so many comments about one-sided fight, power isekai etc... I will give you some clarification now. If you still have doubts you can post it here.. I'll reply to you when I look your comment.

1. Overpowerd generic isekai: The main problem with the first season is shown in a SoL manner. Actually it's not. The character introduction and development made this s1 as a SoL. most likely about how we watched it as a SoL... The charcters are not OP in the s2 part1, you might know what happened during it...after receiving the gifts and accession to demon lord made it possible. Also there are so many characters to be introduced and rimuru is not strong if we compare with them. Generic--- can you show me how it's a generic one? If a character is Op and defeats the villan the story will be considered as GENERIC?? What about those boring meetings you talked about? What about those accession to demon lord? What about this Walpurgis??

2. One sided battles: Thankyou @nina444 , I'll give the same explanation, Rimuru is getting prepared for this battle from the last season... so the people who are complaining this is one sided battle mostly didn't watch this slime season properly. He prepared for the battle for the whole 2 episodes and we just tagged it as bored episodes and after coming to the battle and looking at the clayman becoming weak we all are tagging a "SHIT AND GENERIC". Come on guys, if rimuru ultimately won this because of his plan and with the help of mjurran.. let me clarify you something too Clayman did mentioned that " The demon lord seat you prepared it for me.." so obviously you can find why he's weak...

1. Most of the characters and outcomes are pretty generic and predictable. i mean generic isn’t necessarily bad but wen everything is as predictable as things have been in slime it gets pretty boring so im hoping that things dont stay this predictable in the future and we have more moments like hinata vs rimuru that was def my favorite action moment of the series.

2. The problem is that weve been building up to the fight with clayman since s1 so its just dissapointing to see how easily he was defeated. Ig it’s understandable that rimuru was planning for part of the season about what to do against him but even then its dissapointing that clayman had literally nothing up his sleeve other than milim to put up a fight. With the types of moves he was making at the beginning of his appearance you wouldve expected him to be WAAAAAY more ready than he actually was since walpurgis was literally part of his whole plan so the fact he had nothing and lost an extremely one sided battle is just dissapointing. so far every fight expect one or two has been extremely one sided so i was hoping with how much this was built up to it wouldve been a more evened out fight to actually add some tension to it but after shions first attacks towards him the outcome became pretty predictable.
Sep 15, 2021 1:01 AM
Aug 2019
Clayman was a disappointment. He could of been written better, but basically a complete fool with very cliche personality. This already established pretty interesting characters, but its hard to get excited for a arc simply on revenge, just like the previous arc.

Also sadly the anime has gotten generally pretty bad with antagonists period along with extremely predictable. Everything that has happened in season 2 i could of told you before hand. Although it isn't predictable(to me atleast) when looking a few episodes down the road, but moment to moment and episode to episode i already know whats going to happen. For all the problems its still has been very enjoyable and i still feel comfortable giving it a 8/10 right now.
PeacefinderSep 15, 2021 1:04 AM
Sep 15, 2021 1:59 AM

Jul 2015
Well, I also had a problem with Rinmaru how an utter Mary Sue he is, but then realised, that Tensura prioritises world building and Rinmaru's kingdom growing from filthy goblin village to an actual Kingdom over the course of the story. Sacrificing Rinmaru's character growth for this kinda worked out IMO.
But then second season came and Rinmaru received some character development by learning, that in order to preserve peace, you must be willing to fight and while killing humans is a big no-no, sometimes bratty kid needs some spanking. 2nd season was a huge improvement, which in current day and age is kinda rare.

About Clayman. I personally don't like how they presented him in such one sided way.
He was completely pathetic, comically and cartoonishly bad villain, that had his ass delivered in the most humiliating way possible. It was really cringe, that an actual Demon Lord got rekt by Shion, who should be leagues below him.

Sep 15, 2021 2:07 AM

Sep 2020
Sure, but I won't be giving it another chance. It is sooo boring, there is literally no reason for me to care for the characters. Shion died? Damn, that's crazy but I don't care cuz she literally comes back 1-2 episodes later.
There is literally no suspense involving the villains cuz I know Slime boi is gonna defeat them anyway and that too with ease. I hate it.
Sep 15, 2021 2:40 AM
Apr 2021
zaigah1 said:
tensura1704 said:

It was a weak plot device. There was no foreshadowing. We were given no hints at all that she "might" not be controlled. This was the writer screwing up trying to backtrack his mistakes. Hell, even Carrion was like "then why did you destroy my place". Then Milim plays it off as humorous like she was not able to stop or was ponkotsu. Which invalidates her being "cunning" by pretending to be under control.

They did nerf clayman you cant deny that. He was being hyped up as pretty strong all season long, but then we get that flashback where his friends were like "yeah you are weak". Whiplash.

Your high on copium with this show. Take off the rose tinted glasses (though I doubt you will cuz your literal username is tensura). Season 1 was great but S2 yeah idk chief. I enjoyed The Slime Diaries more. Tensura is at its best when they are not doing the whole generic power fantasy isekai and when its more of a "lets build our kingdom". When Rimuru said "I dont care about being Demon Lord" I agreed with him I dont care about this whole demon lord nonsense S2 has been shoving into my face.

Tensura this season sure had problems but some mentioned werent really a problem
Like u mentiond than locket and we didnt get hint because its not like she was acting but she deliberately accepted the curse to make it believable , we know that clayman is weak shit but he actually have soke.brain hwen he is filled with arrogance and pride , thats why we didnt get hint because she wasnt playing along or acting , more like she accepted it and clayman was doing what he wanted , she was just waiting for moment she can break it so i dont see problem
Second thing about carrion was i agree with millim , it was important to make it believable and we know clayman can observe the battle if not interfered so fighting was important
And well if we leave first piint , i Agree on second point , he was disappointment although i.predicted that he is going to.be pretty weak but ut was more one sided , like enjoyment was in seeing in other's reaction and.rimuru showing off his power rather than fight himself although since i read a little bit ln , that one sided complained will be solved by upcoming arcs , the emporer arc and yuuki thing to be more specific and i think emporer would be insane if they did great animation , i wont give spoilers
Sep 15, 2021 3:15 AM
Oct 2020
I expected more cause every villain voiced by koyasu is badass
Sep 15, 2021 5:23 AM

Feb 2017
Kitsune_089 said:

clayman is a great, handsome and fascinating antagonist
Sep 15, 2021 5:45 AM
Aug 2019
I’m just a bit dissappointed in how Clayman was fooled into believing that he had control over Milim; it’s his own magic is it not? I understand the pendant was given to him, but it was still demon marionette wasn’t it?

Also upset with how Milim just destroys Eurazania’s capital of her own will and there are no consequences for this. That’s the whole reason why I allowed myself to believe that Milim was under control. The story can’t just wave it away like it means nothing, but that’s basically what it did. Like Rimuru and Carrion hardly seemed to care. Wtf, get upset with her. She destroyed the homes of who knows how many people just to make Clayman believe she was under his control. It would definitely piss me off.
Sep 15, 2021 6:09 AM

Jul 2017
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
Kitsune_089 said:

Fascinating? He doesnt really have any motive else than the cliche " I WANT POWER AND IM EVIL MUAHAHAHAJAJHAHAHA" stereotypical villain.
Sep 15, 2021 6:15 AM

Feb 2017
zaigah1 said:
tensura1704 said:

milim has been established as one of the oldest and strongest demon lords more than once. its also revealed that it took guy, also one of the oldest and strongest demon lord along with the queen of the spirits ramiris in her adult form
just to subdue milim's anger

bruh, she's called the tyrant of destruction for a reason lol
karion was lucky he didnt get killed for real,...its likely cuz milim's BFF rimuru and him are allies

you might argue they didnt reveal the name, but theyre the guy with a headband and the girl with ramiris's hairstyle and fairy wings lol you couldnt get more obvious than that. its also implied by demon lord dino that ramiris is used to be a bigger than her current form, and ramiris replied that it cant be helped cuz she recently got reincarnated...

its further stated by the same guy, he legit told leon that clayman is a weakling

even clayman's brother, laplace also warned clayman that milim is even older than their boss and daddy demon lord kazalim/ kazaream, kagali

how could you miss so many forshadowings like that? mind = blown
Sep 15, 2021 6:26 AM

Feb 2017
Kitsune_089 said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

Fascinating? He doesnt really have any motive else than the cliche " I WANT POWER AND IM EVIL MUAHAHAHAJAJHAHAHA" stereotypical villain.

then you understand nothing LMAO your brain is too smol to comprehend it
Sep 15, 2021 6:48 AM
Jul 2021
I just need to ask anyone who read the LN, does the Demon Number thing happen in the next arc that we'll see in the Anime or is it later on? Like they mentioned stuff that seemed to tease it, and I just saw stuff about the car names and I CAN'T wait for what I read about lol
Sep 15, 2021 6:58 AM

Jan 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
I just need to ask anyone who read the LN, does the Demon Number thing happen in the next arc that we'll see in the Anime or is it later on? Like they mentioned stuff that seemed to tease it, and I just saw stuff about the car names and I CAN'T wait for what I read about lol

That’s whatI’m wondering too lol.
Sep 15, 2021 7:09 AM

Jul 2017
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
Kitsune_089 said:

Touch some grass -_-
Sep 15, 2021 7:46 AM
Jan 2018
Shaurya1102 said:
zaigah1 said:

Tensura this season sure had problems but some mentioned werent really a problem
Like u mentiond than locket and we didnt get hint because its not like she was acting but she deliberately accepted the curse to make it believable , we know that clayman is weak shit but he actually have soke.brain hwen he is filled with arrogance and pride , thats why we didnt get hint because she wasnt playing along or acting , more like she accepted it and clayman was doing what he wanted , she was just waiting for moment she can break it so i dont see problem
Second thing about carrion was i agree with millim , it was important to make it believable and we know clayman can observe the battle if not interfered so fighting was important
And well if we leave first piint , i Agree on second point , he was disappointment although i.predicted that he is going to.be pretty weak but ut was more one sided , like enjoyment was in seeing in other's reaction and.rimuru showing off his power rather than fight himself although since i read a little bit ln , that one sided complained will be solved by upcoming arcs , the emporer arc and yuuki thing to be more specific and i think emporer would be insane if they did great animation , i wont give spoilers

Raptheal hinted that milim wasn’t under control
Sep 15, 2021 7:49 AM
Aug 2018
6 episodes of boring long speeches that I already forgot, all to set up THIS?!

Super boring antagonist for the season, super weak. Boring to watch it play out.

All of the fighting going on that we saw was by characters we have no attachment to at all.

I'd legit rather watch the new sword art online than this show. I've officially dropped it for good.
Sep 15, 2021 7:50 AM
Apr 2021
Mattinator95 said:
Shaurya1102 said:

Raptheal hinted that milim wasn’t under control

Because he doesnt trust his capabilities and overestimates his opponents and i think he didnt let raphael , she only was able to say that no magic detected and it was harder to believe milim acting rather than having a curse which raphael cant detect , although he should have given raphael chance to speak and should have thought but well since he was facing milim and was barely managing to dodge, we cant blame him for mistakes in hurry of battle
Sep 15, 2021 7:58 AM
Jan 2018
The anime should have added the small hints the manga did like the first bump under the table etc

and made more clear on that Clayman was only a demon lord in name only . Before rimurus transformation into a demon lord he was probably stronger then him still
Mattinator95Sep 15, 2021 8:07 AM
Sep 15, 2021 8:03 AM
Apr 2021
Kitsune_089 said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

I agree he definetely isnt a fasinating but he also isnt like i want power and all , he is following plan kzearma and yuukiand that goal is more troublesome u can even think off
Enough that tempest and rimuru got crusjed and killed in other timelines
Sep 15, 2021 8:06 AM
Apr 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
do u mean black numbers? Special demon unit of tensura leaded by diablo and has 3 more primodial demons and many greater demons in it?
Sep 15, 2021 8:09 AM
Jul 2021
Shaurya1102 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
do u mean black numbers? Special demon unit of tensura leaded by diablo and has 3 more primodial demons and many greater demons in it?

Yeah and he names them after Cars like Testarosa and Ultima(I think?). Like they teased the stuff with Baretta saying "He's got him by his side" and the stuff that Guy Crimson said seemed to tease stuff for the future of that. So yeah, do you think that is what's coming next season? Or will it be a little further down the road?
Sep 15, 2021 8:13 AM
Apr 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Shaurya1102 said:

Yeah and he names them after Cars like Testarosa and Ultima(I think?). Like they teased the stuff with Baretta saying "He's got him by his side" and the stuff that Guy Crimson said seemed to tease stuff for the future of that. So yeah, do you think that is what's coming next season? Or will it be a little further down the road?

I think it will happen after next arc , the hinata and church one and before the emporer arc(the best arc i think which literally solve whole one sided and villain thing because villains will more op than rimuru himself)
And guy and beretta were talking of diablo because beretta is from same family tree as diablo although diablo is primodial and next level and guy knows him because he is primodial too
Sep 15, 2021 8:17 AM
Jul 2021
Shaurya1102 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

I think it will happen after next arc , the hinata and church one and before the emporer arc(the best arc i think which literally solve whole one sided and villain thing because villains will more op than rimuru himself)
And guy and beretta were talking of diablo because beretta is from same family tree as diablo although diablo is primodial and next level and guy knows him because he is primodial too

Ah that's awesome, and I was looking forward to Hinata coming back, she is a SAVAGE! But I hope that she actually listens to Rimuru about what happened and realizes he's a good slime! And I seriously have Noooo problem at all with them being OP(to me it's funny as hell) but I was thinking they would DEF need some really strong opponents if they are about to get more primordials on the squad. Does the kidnapping happen during the Church arc or the Emperor arc?
Sep 15, 2021 8:18 AM

Mar 2021
Br3dWinn3rs said:
Tensura1704 makes 100% valid points here. Will definitely prove anyone wrong about their “complaints”.

yep after all i did say pacing is awesome right??

Sep 15, 2021 8:20 AM

Mar 2021
Xandaros said:
I think the complaints are dumb tbh. Like, people really had different expectations of Clayman, even after already being outed as a small fry. We just got to see how small and insignificant he really was on this Walpurgis stage, that Rimuru and co dominated. We already saw who was pulling the strings in a prior episode, and again in this episode. Bottom line, Clayman was a small cog in a much larger machine.

yep they even showed that Clayman is weaker than the remaining clowns... I don't know why they are complaining... at least 1 dmg? Bro what a small ant can do infront of a huge ant eater?

Sep 15, 2021 8:22 AM
Apr 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Shaurya1102 said:

Ah that's awesome, and I was looking forward to Hinata coming back, she is a SAVAGE! But I hope that she actually listens to Rimuru about what happened and realizes he's a good slime! And I seriously have Noooo problem at all with them being OP(to me it's funny as hell) but I was thinking they would DEF need some really strong opponents if they are about to get more primordials on the squad. Does the kidnapping happen during the Church arc or the Emperor arc?

Which kidnapping? Veldora one? If yes then that would happend in emporer arc arc too
And they wont just get primodials , they will get around 600 powerful demons , above majins full of greater demons amd strong demons , i think it will be one of the op fractions odf army
Sep 15, 2021 8:29 AM
Jul 2021
[quote=Shaurya1102 message=64404028][quote=DKDiabloLicht message=64403940]
Shaurya1102 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Which kidnapping? Veldora one? If yes then that would happend in emporer arc arc too
And they wont just get primodials , they will get around 600 powerful demons , above majins full of greater demons amd strong demons , i think it will be one of the op fractions odf army

Damn that's awesome, so are the enemies other demons? Or humans? Also, is the first arc the one that involves Yuuki? I seriously CAN'T wait for that MF to get smoked, and I can't believe some punk was able to manipulate and get involved in demon lords the way he did.
Sep 15, 2021 8:34 AM

Feb 2017
Kitsune_089 said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

Touch some grass -_-

smol...too smol...

apparently your brain is far too smol than I expected

I bet you didnt even notice that clayman has been suffered from alcoholism since season 1

its rare to see the author that managed to put such an obvious lil detail on his antagonist, and people are still surprised seeing that the antagonist has a "shitty" personality

what do you expect? its alcoholism we're talking about here lol

clayman feels like a legit human to me

he's the weakest in the family... imagine being surrounded by genius brothers, sister...
plus even his colleagues (fellow demon lords) are superior than him. anyone is gonna feel like shit, and eventually choose alcohol to numb every fiber in their being

what makes clayman is even more fascinating, there's a part when he hesitated to introduce himself as a demon lord to shion. deep down...he definitely knew that he's not worthy to wield that title...his honest thought was slipped for a moment there

him dying accomplishing "nothing" also feels realistic to me, he's like the representation of most of us
Sep 15, 2021 8:47 AM
Apr 2021
[quote=DKDiabloLicht message=64404125][quote=Shaurya1102 message=64404028]
DKDiabloLicht said:
Shaurya1102 said:

Damn that's awesome, so are the enemies other demons? Or humans? Also, is the first arc the one that involves Yuuki? I seriously CAN'T wait for that MF to get smoked, and I can't believe some punk was able to manipulate and get involved in demon lords the way he did.
enemy is second strongest nation of the world , the empire only next to guy's empire and enemy are a true dragon , a man with ulimate skill that veldanava had(the nost powerful true dragon who created universe) and mutated army with many poweeful to tackle few demon lords
And yuuki was one who manipulated hinata to kill rimuru and did much more and dont underestimate humans too much lol , dont forget skills rimuru is a slime whonare weaker than humans😂
Sep 15, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 2021
[/quote]
Shaurya1102 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

enemy is second strongest nation of the world , the empire only next to guy's empire and enemy are a true dragon , a man with ulimate skill that veldanava had(the nost powerful true dragon who created universe) and mutated army with many poweeful to tackle few demon lords
And yuuki was one who manipulated hinata to kill rimuru and did much more and dont underestimate humans too much lol , dont forget skills rimuru is a slime who are weaker than humans😂

Yeah I know, but I would think that the Demon Lords wouldn't so easily be manipulated or trusting of a human. Btw is he ACTUALLY strong like enough to fight Rimuru or is he just a manipulator like Clayman? And does Hinata learn the truth?? I REALLY want her to, and to get along with Rimuru because of the whole Shizue thing and how much they both cared about her.. And I really want the whole Shizue/Shizu/Chloe thing to get explained in a thorough way that makes sense. I know we know some stuff but seems like they are teasing some big connection after that OP Spirit and them saying it could be from the future (I thought?).
Sep 15, 2021 9:20 AM
Apr 2021
I wont give any big spoiler but yuuki get very op and to explain you scale of impact of the plan is that in all other timelines tempest and rimuru got crushed and killed , even guy lost
Thats the scale which we are talking of and its not just some mutants too there are angels too which they call from heaven on a sacrifice
And demon lords werent actually manipulated , yuuki is actually working together with that clown grouo , kazwearm ans clayman , remember clayman talking to yuuki and yuuki said he wants them to support him to conquere world and kazearm was resurrected and became subordinate of yuuki? They are actually with him
To show your scale of fight in future , rimuru fights two true dragons at once in future and i wont mention other spoilers , at present one true dragon is enough to handle rimuru and demon lords exceot for guy and milim so that pretty explains scale of upcoming battles which are in that arc
Sep 15, 2021 9:24 AM
May 2019
zaigah1 said:
tensura1704 said:

so then stop watching the show because the only way for rimuru to face the enemies behind the scenes is for him to get stronger and in this anime getting stronger is to become a demon lord and evolve. So if you don't like it now might as well stop watching.
Sep 15, 2021 9:40 AM
Feb 2021
tensura1704 said:

Okay let me try again....
Tensura covers generic tags like drama, action, isekai, rpg the usual.
It also covers rare and ambitious tags like
1---Civ building( step by step development of Tempest nation similar to Dr Stone).
2--Realistic diplomacy( The entire Dwarves introduction arc)
3--World building( lizard arc- their culture, clothing. Reasons for living in the wet lands and caves, webbed feet, the races weapon of choice etc).
Extra----time travel plot (hints of this through the series).

Season 1 covers all of these 'rare tags' within the plot. Personally this is what hooked me to the show. As the time progressed the rare tags took a back seat while the generic tags became front and centre for the series.

To prove this let's take a case study of a single story element within tensura that covers Diplomacy, Nation building, World building together at once. The discovery of the 99.9 percent heal potion.

The healing potion was covered well enough in the first season. It is the drive of the Dwarves arc. It influences how the king handles diplomacy with rimuru. Gives purpose to the lizards(farming the healing plant). They decided to keep it secret and to dilute it (for some reason) . But it's eventually shown that people in other cities now know about the potion and are in desperate need of it(OVA).

Season 2 onwards It becomes a astethic rather than being the most important discovery in tensuras world . Realistically by now, every healer, adventurer, merchant, terminal ill patient should be making pilgrimage to the Tempest nation. It means adventurers can kill bigger monsters by just spamming healing potions. Imagine an army with 99.9 potion vs those with none. It also means everyone will only die of old age if any wound or sickness can be healed. The implications of this one element are endless. Instead it is used in service of the generic tags(Action--heal gobuta after fight).

If you want an example of a similar world altering discovery then check out log horizon's hamburger(yes! the entire series is built upon a hamburger recipe). They explore this element to its natural conclusion.

Do I think this will this change your mind on tensura? No. I suspect everyone was attracted to this series for different reasons(tags/ideas). For comedy and Isekai fans I suspect the series is still fine. For me it no longer covers the ideas I loved it for.

"But there's still politics and diplomacy in the show look at this season episode 1 to 6". Nothing that I have seen so far compares to the Dwarven arc. That is what I would consider politics. I have no idea what episode 1-6 is.
hozera7Sep 15, 2021 10:16 AM
Sep 15, 2021 10:31 AM

Oct 2014
hozera7 said:
Season 2 onwards It becomes a astethic rather than being the most important discovery in tensuras world . Realistically by now, every healer, adventurer, merchant, terminal ill patient should be making pilgrimage to the Tempest nation. It means adventurers can kill bigger monsters by just spamming healing potions. Imagine an army with 99.9 potion vs those with none. It also means everyone will only die of old age if any wound or sickness can be healed. The implications of this one element are endless. Instead it is used in service of the generic tags(Action--heal gobuta after fight).

Except it's outright stated in season 1 that the Full Potions are not for sale and it had been explained several times in both season 1 and 2 that the humans would be wary of a monster nation just springing up out of nowhere and not so easily trust it, so the scale of visitors was limited. It was also why Rimuru tried so hard with using Youm as a PR tool for Tempest.
Sep 15, 2021 11:52 AM
Feb 2021
Grey-Zone said:
hozera7 said:

Except it's outright stated in season 1 that the Full Potions are not for sale and it had been explained several times in both season 1 and 2 that the humans would be wary of a monster nation just springing up out of nowhere and not so easily trust it, so the scale of visitors was limited. It was also why Rimuru tried so hard with using Youm as a PR tool for Tempest.
Please quote the relevant part of my response so I don't have to repeat myself.

Check the OVA about the sick patient is shows how the potion has affected the world. The potion is circulating around the world. It rare but people know of it and are trying to find it. This is my point. What ever rimuru and his merry friends think about the matter become irrelevant. The entire world will shift to revolve around the potion(track down the source,war with Tempest over the tech, force trade, beg for the potion). It's like trying to produce nukes in 'limited fashion' and expecting no one to notice.

Hope that's answers your counter argument.

Umm... tell me, what was the point of your counter argument. How exactly does it invalidate my argument. Did you think If you proved that they successfully hid the potion, then this will make World building/Diplomacy /Nation building good. Was it to "own" me.
hozera7Sep 15, 2021 8:49 PM
Sep 15, 2021 6:25 PM
May 2020
This is just a random thought I had while watching ep 11 but, did Milim have to act like she had fallen under control to see who was behind clayman? Don't get me wrong, I loved every second of the show (except the times when the show elongated episode content). That part just felt kinda... off.
Sep 16, 2021 12:03 AM

Nov 2019
BIIIGPP6969 said:
This is just a random thought I had while watching ep 11 but, did Milim have to act like she had fallen under control to see who was behind clayman? Don't get me wrong, I loved every second of the show (except the times when the show elongated episode content). That part just felt kinda... off.

She just wanted to win the Oscar. Also it's a promise with buddy Frey, who wanted to unveil everything near the demon lords, so that they are politically safe.
This is what I got from the anime. This also increases my respect for her. Like c'mon, as the older one, she got disrespectfully beaten by Clayman, but didn't give up on her acting. It's not like she even cares - she just does what she wants to.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 16, 2021 12:10 AM
May 2020
Laplace_kun said:
BIIIGPP6969 said:

She just wanted to win the Oscar. Also it's a promise with buddy Frey, who wanted to unveil everything near the demon lords, so that they are politically safe.
This is what I got from the anime. This also increases my respect for her. Like c'mon, as the older one, she got disrespectfully beaten by Clayman, but didn't give up on her acting. It's not like she even cares - she just does what she wants to.

Oh. I mean, technically, couldn't Milim have just... beaten the shit out of Clayman to get info?. Cuz, I don't think Clayman gave away any important details.
Sep 16, 2021 12:16 AM

Nov 2019
BIIIGPP6969 said:

Oh. I mean, technically, couldn't Milim have just... beaten the shit out of Clayman to get info?. Cuz, I don't think Clayman gave away any important details.

Apparently Rimuru has plans with him, so she's gonna stay neutral for the time being. Also beating up people isn't the most effective way against everyone to get info. To get one to confess in details require skills like smart questioning, psychological pressure, knowledge about the subject, registering what are lies/what are not, etc. Milim knows it's not her forte.

Edit: As I said, there's a political aspect to it too. The Walpurgis meeting is supposed to go be peaceful. In this particular context, source readers can give better answers.
Laplace_kunSep 16, 2021 12:28 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 16, 2021 2:36 AM
Jan 2018
BIIIGPP6969 said:
Laplace_kun said:

Demon lords have the pact thing that prevents that from happening
Sep 16, 2021 3:21 AM
May 2020
Mattinator95 said:
BIIIGPP6969 said:

Demon lords have the pact thing that prevents that from happening

Dude. Clayman put her under mind-control. That's technically violating the pact already. She could just beat him under the pretense of ✨self-defence
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2021

247 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 14, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2021

166 by iggggi »»
Apr 13, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2021

250 by Magicmist »»
Apr 11, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2021

173 by Magicmist »»
Apr 11, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2021

190 by Magicmist »»
Apr 11, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.