Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2021 11:46 AM
Dec 2015
DONT SPOIL ANYTHING AFTER EPISODE 67 PLEASE

I’ve talked about it before that they are afraid of letting go of characters, NO ONE DIES NO MATTER WHAT no important characters die, no side characters die, not even guest characters die even tho they aren’t appearing again, there’s never real danger in any big fight when you already know everyone is going to be ok at the end… boring.

But now not only there are no deaths, there are no losses AT ALL in episode 67 the water temple siblings got their leg and voice back, so even something like that is fixed🙄 WHY ARE THEY SO AFRAID OF LETTING GO?! There were literally no downside to fighting that beast now…… please tell me this changes later on in the anime…
Sep 14, 2021 12:03 PM
Jun 2019
baryaakov555 said:

I’ve talked about it before that they are afraid of letting go of characters, NO ONE DIES NO MATTER WHAT no important characters die, no side characters die, not even guest characters die even tho they aren’t appearing again, there’s never real danger in any big fight when you already know everyone is going to be ok at the end… boring.

But now not only there are no deaths, there are no losses AT ALL in episode 67 the water temple siblings got their leg and voice back, so even something like that is fixed🙄 WHY ARE THEY SO AFRAID OF LETTING GO?! There were literally no downside to fighting that beast now…… please tell me this changes later on in the anime…
Nah it doesn’t change and I understand your pain. It’s like the creator has rasin nuts and is to scared of black lash or something.
Sep 14, 2021 12:04 PM
Mar 2021
baryaakov555 said:

You have no idea how much it changes later in the show.
Sep 14, 2021 12:06 PM
Dec 2015
One said it doesn’t change one said it does change, I’m confused xd
Sep 14, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2020
Spoiler for the Spade Kingdom arc

So yeah, it's still silly how no one died in the Elf reincarnation arc but the Spade Kingdom arc fixes all of that.
baryaakov555 said:

The only solution is to watch and see for yourself lmao. After finishing the Anime, read the manga.
ScordoloSep 14, 2021 1:33 PM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 14, 2021 12:10 PM
Feb 2021
baryaakov555 said:

it kinda fells odd but as you progress further you can understand why characters don't die , And it's nice though don't you think, emotions we invest doesn't results in death flags.
That will happen till some easy going arcs (spoiler free info)

But this rule doesn't apply to every upcoming arcs
Sep 14, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2020
This ain't gonna apply for Heart Kingdom Joint Struggle Arc and Spade Kingdom Raid Arc

Sep 14, 2021 12:32 PM
Feb 2021
It does change lol
Sep 14, 2021 12:36 PM

Nov 2019
Black clover plays it really safe for the most part kinda like one piece,I kinda get where you are coming from seeing your favourites because jojo and aot have a lot of casualties but black clover isn't like that it's more on the lighter side of shounen
Sep 14, 2021 1:21 PM
Mar 2021
OrdGuy293 said:
baryaakov555 said:

it doesn't change...
Sep 14, 2021 2:24 PM
Dec 2020
Mashal166 said:
OrdGuy293 said:

it doesn't change...

Then you haven't watched the Spade Kingdom Arc yet.
Sep 14, 2021 2:39 PM
May 2021
A me come anime piace, ma la cosa che dopo un po lo fa rendere noioso è la tendenza di copiare altri stili di anime come Seven Deadly sins, dragon ball, naruto e un po di one piece. Se volete iniziare un anime allora non iniziate con questo piuttosto con un hunter x hunter o un Gintama.
Sep 14, 2021 3:00 PM

May 2009
Infernalization said:
Mashal166 said:
it doesn't change...

Stop bullshitting. No one important died, Golden Dawn fatalities were all no names or irrelevant. And in doesn't change even as of latest chapter.
Sep 14, 2021 3:23 PM

Aug 2017
Nachtmonkey2737 said:
Black clover plays it really safe for the most part kinda like one piece,I kinda get where you are coming from seeing your favourites because jojo and aot have a lot of casualties but black clover isn't like that it's more on the lighter side of shounen

Literally This. Also Again Death doesn’t mean it’s automatically good
Sep 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Nov 2016
bastek66 said:
Infernalization said:

Stop bullshitting. No one important died, Golden Dawn fatalities were all no names or irrelevant. And in doesn't change even as of latest chapter.

It's even worse now thanks to....

But honestly not a big deal, not all shounen have to feature major deaths.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2021 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
Not every series needs to be dark and depressing like AoT or Akame Ga Kill. Sometimes it's nice having an author who doesn't wanna massacre his characters, they're plenty of authors that do kill of characters.
Sep 14, 2021 6:37 PM
May 2021
It's a family friendly show
Sep 14, 2021 6:39 PM
May 2021
Calumity said:
Not every series needs to be dark and depressing like AoT or Akame Ga Kill. Sometimes it's nice having an author who doesn't wanna massacre his characters, they're plenty of authors that do kill of characters.

Exactly, especially bc is Shounen anime that is targeted for middle ages. So yeah, it's not gonna be as dark and depressing as AOT
Sep 14, 2021 6:56 PM

May 2021
There is suprise in the future
Sep 14, 2021 7:50 PM
Jun 2021
Ya you kinda have to let this type of thing slide in Shounen though. Sometimes they have like a death or two, but the writers like their characters too much. If Fairy Tail, My Hero, and Black Clover had more dead characters their messages and main characters would be so different and I’m sure we would all love it, but such is life
Sep 14, 2021 8:45 PM
Oct 2020
baryaakov555 said:
It doesnt, the risk just appears to be more, well, "risky" later in the series
Sep 14, 2021 8:56 PM
Dec 2015
vibci said:
A me come anime piace, ma la cosa che dopo un po lo fa rendere noioso è la tendenza di copiare altri stili di anime come Seven Deadly sins, dragon ball, naruto e un po di one piece. Se volete iniziare un anime allora non iniziate con questo piuttosto con un hunter x hunter o un Gintama.

Not sure why you answered in Italian but I’ll never watch Hunter x Hunter because it’ll never end, I heard the creator of the manga is sick and might not continue it and if I’ll watch something with an open ending it’ll drive me crazy, but I do plan to watch gintama.
Sep 14, 2021 9:55 PM

Feb 2021
baryaakov555 said:

it doesn’t change at all, and the mangaka just says “it’s magic, it doesn’t have to make sense” and uses that as an excuse
Sep 14, 2021 9:55 PM

Nov 2020
Nah it stays the same. Though don't confuse lack of death for bad storytelling. The story gets genuinely interesting with higher stakes as it goes on, and sure it'd make things more intense if some important people died here and there, but it hardly gets in the way of the show's enjoyment. We're all here to see our characters grow in fun battles as the world and its lore get fleshed out. On that front it does a pretty good job. There was only one fake out death that genuinely bothered me, as it robbed the story of an interesting subplot and nothing else has been done with that character outside of one nice scene since. Felt like wasted potential for zero reason.
Are ya winning, diners?
Sep 14, 2021 10:34 PM
Feb 2021
Just wait till sekke gets his demon abilities
Sep 14, 2021 10:34 PM
Jun 2017
Black Clover goes for the One Piece approach where meaningful deaths don't really happen in the main timeline often, but they instead occur mostly in flashbacks.

Honestly, it's kind of hard to have characters realistically die in a world where healing magic is a thing. Like, why did that really important character need to die when Mimosa and/or William is standing right there?
Sep 15, 2021 3:23 AM
Aug 2019
-Elevate- said:
Nachtmonkey2737 said:

Literally This. Also Again Death doesn’t mean it’s automatically good

I don't wanna be that guy but *cough cough* Akame ga kill
Sep 15, 2021 3:41 AM
Dec 2015
DeadmanMano said:
Black Clover goes for the One Piece approach where meaningful deaths don't really happen in the main timeline often, but they instead occur mostly in flashbacks.

Honestly, it's kind of hard to have characters realistically die in a world where healing magic is a thing. Like, why did that really important character need to die when Mimosa and/or William is standing right there?

They stated in the series that the most powerful healing magic can at most close wounds, but someone who got his leg cut off and he’s just laying there for so long without anyone doing anything about it then he’s just fine AND GETS HIS LEG BACK bruh, it was not meaningful at all and was a super let down, there is no risk in battles so now every time I see one I’m like “ok let’s see how they win they time obviously nothing bad is gonna happen” literally the only death so far was Asta cutting Noelle’s head off which they didn’t even have the balls to show that and was just a black shadow on a red screen (the same as the leg being cut off) and it didn’t last 10 seconds before she got her head back lol, at this point I’m watching the anime and I’m like “omg please die someone anyone”
Sep 15, 2021 5:31 PM
Jun 2017
baryaakov555 said:
DeadmanMano said:

They stated in the series that the most powerful healing magic can at most close wounds, but someone who got his leg cut off and he’s just laying there for so long without anyone doing anything about it then he’s just fine AND GETS HIS LEG BACK bruh, it was not meaningful at all and was a super let down, there is no risk in battles so now every time I see one I’m like “ok let’s see how they win they time obviously nothing bad is gonna happen” literally the only death so far was Asta cutting Noelle’s head off which they didn’t even have the balls to show that and was just a black shadow on a red screen (the same as the leg being cut off) and it didn’t last 10 seconds before she got her head back lol, at this point I’m watching the anime and I’m like “omg please die someone anyone”

You said no spoilers, so I’ll be a bit vague. The world of Black Clover really opens up in terms of magic. Characters like Vanessa and The Witch Queen are a teaser for what to expect in terms of seemingly overpowered abilities. There are literally characters that can regenerate their entire body in seconds, and it makes complete sense with how the power system evolves.

If you’re this upset so early in the series, it’s not for you. The enjoyment of BC (imho) comes from the character interactions, fights, and world building, not from figuring out who’s going to die.
Sep 15, 2021 7:42 PM
Nov 2020
It's a light fun anime but it takes a very deep turn towards the end of what is out in the anime rn

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 21, 2020

62 by Vindicater »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

343 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» Does this guy only scream?

Yeetyus - Mar 2

49 by KafarPL »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 17, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
Apr 17, 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.