Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2021 11:04 PM
Oct 2015
i see it finally ending after so many years,

is it worth investing in?

i heard from a few others that this manga falls off hard later on and gets super boring and stale is it true?
Jan 16, 7:18 PM

Aug 2016
Read up to the second to last volume...its not great tbh. There was all this potential due to the crisp storytelling in the early half. Things always seemed to connect to each other in an organic way. The latter half got way too bogged down by specific missions, the jargon m, new characters that left little to no impression and specific retcons that just uninterested me but had become the focus of the narrative.

I have a sneaking suspicion that volume 22 would end things in a rushed and unsatisfying way since there are only 10 chapters tl resolve a huge conflict that should have been the focus wayyyy earlier.

In short, lots of potential, probably the best depiction of a post apocalypse setting in manga. But ultimately wasted by ramping up the scope and failing to deliver on earlier promises
Mar 31, 9:10 AM

Aug 2007
Reply to Somali_Strawhat
Read up to the second to last volume...its not great tbh. There was all this potential due to the crisp storytelling in the early half. Things always seemed to connect to each other in an organic way. The latter half got way too bogged down by specific missions, the jargon m, new characters that left little to no impression and specific retcons that just uninterested me but had become the focus of the narrative.

I have a sneaking suspicion that volume 22 would end things in a rushed and unsatisfying way since there are only 10 chapters tl resolve a huge conflict that should have been the focus wayyyy earlier.

In short, lots of potential, probably the best depiction of a post apocalypse setting in manga. But ultimately wasted by ramping up the scope and failing to deliver on earlier promises
@Somali_Strawhat Pretty much this. The last volume has been released in English and it's very rushed. Shame, such amazing manga deserved better. Still, I consider it one of the best manga ever (though the latter part isn't THAT bad, the very last volumes are).

More topics from this board

» What chapter to start manga after the desert punk anime?

acidshook - Apr 26, 2021

2 by Gros »»
Apr 10, 2023 6:02 AM

» Please update information about the manga

Joimbo - Jun 23, 2022

0 by Joimbo »»
Jun 23, 2022 8:37 AM

Poll: » Sunabouzu Chapter 3 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

1 by brud-brud »»
Sep 3, 2019 5:41 PM

Poll: » Sunabouzu Chapter 35 Discussion

animalia - Apr 28, 2015

0 by animalia »»
Apr 28, 2015 5:06 PM

» Sunabouzu - New set of pictures

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

1 by Foyn »»
Sep 26, 2011 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.