Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Poll: Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 9 Discussion

Sep 13, 2021 8:57 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rin's shock of Dr. Obami being her grandfather totally rips her emotions out of her heart. That is her Achilles Heel, no matter how OP she could be.

Wow, so the coup d'etat against Zoble Empire succeeded from under the hands of Piscalat and Neput, and while there's lots of work for Ysley and the brainwashed demons to restore the new empire, there's still Miku's demon clique, Brandy's kids and the rest left alive to take care of. Miku is one, but this Kuraishi whose mentality levels equal that of Ysley's is the real threat, and Dr. Obami for Prontea to find out his true robot figure.

Well that's fast, Kroft and Raki are on the run against Prontea and Ysley, and other than digging trenches into the underground, the Idatens wasted their one and only chance to one-up against them. While Miku and her clique of Umeyo and Merku went house-breaking (and Merku can be quite the deadly nurse), Kuraishi can't move an inch. Dr. Obami is certainly alive, and the remaining demons need a way to get to him fast.

The Demon Race isn't looking so good now...
Modified by KANLen09, Sep 13, 2021 9:29 PM

Sep 13, 2021 9:37 PM

Pretty good direction in this episode, the ost and the voice acting top notch as usual even without the usual action. The nun recognizing her flawed logic and lack of relevance was a pretty good set up for some future character development. Definitely going to be a big brain game from now on. 8/10 Ep

Lots of demon sex lol.
Modified by KatoWorks, Sep 13, 2021 9:42 PM

Sep 13, 2021 11:59 PM
The only thing that I like in this anime are OP and ED songs. It was fun in the beginning but now I have no idea where this is going.
Modified by Eternal_Child, Sep 14, 2021 12:02 AM

Sep 14, 2021 12:17 AM

Most of them managed to escape and they're hiding, Miku's group really killed an hikikomori girl to take her identity and home xD well anyway I feel like that even if they keep hiding like that the idaten will find most of them

Sep 14, 2021 12:23 AM

Wait did they change the release schedule? Well I much prefer this one than the previous so I ain't complaining.
Ah and Miku is just so awesome, like best girl of the show.

Sep 14, 2021 1:57 AM

MadanielFL said:
Wait did they change the release schedule? Well I much prefer this one than the previous so I ain't complaining.
Ah and Miku is just so awesome, like best girl of the show.

Yes, since last week,. Apparently, because original TV run schedule changed.

This show continues to be really good. I can understand that some people don't like some controversial topics, but the story is well-though and characters who are not stated as idiots actully bahave as snmart characters should.

Dialoge between Gil and Piscalat this ep. was brilliant.

Sep 14, 2021 3:05 AM
Did we ever get to see that the nun was an idaten prior to this episode? They just mentioned it so nonchalantly I feel like I must've missed something.

Sep 14, 2021 4:26 AM

Bobba_Ross said:
Did we ever get to see that the nun was an idaten prior to this episode? They just mentioned it so nonchalantly I feel like I must've missed something.
Last episode we saw her being pulled out by hayato

Sep 14, 2021 4:44 AM
Bobba_Ross said:
there are now 2 versions of the Nun aka Gill/Gillatina , the 1st is the original one who went through all the trauma at the hands of Zoble.

The 2nd one is the Idaten version who was partially created by the original Gilatina, which happened in episode 8 which you may have missed

Sep 14, 2021 4:51 AM

Great episode! Really loved the conversation between non-Idaten Gil and Piscalat. Gil is just a good person and that's all she is right now, all she can do is pray. But hey, her helplessness probably potentially made the strongest Idaten in existence.

Kuraishi and Miku definitely seems like the most dangerous ones right now, also Kroft is pretty shady. It slipped my mind that they need Umeyo to make a demon human baby. I thought Buzz and Meliano would be able to multiply, but they made a demon baby. Probably ain't good to set that thing free.

Feel really bad for Rin though. Really looking forward to the next episode.

Sep 14, 2021 5:36 AM

Is their going to be whale daemons now?

Sep 14, 2021 5:39 AM

Miku is the biggest problem in all of this. Piscalat is really tired and wants to sleep. Nun needs to chill. Looks like she has inherited some of Hayato's will. Rin is really down after the last episode's revelation. Lots of sex in this episode.

Miku is really scary now that I think about it. She's smart and then a masochist on top of it. Poor girl had nothing to do with it. Even the two demons with her are creepy. I was sympathetic for the demons before this but this episode made me change my mind. Yes, they all need to die.

Sep 14, 2021 5:47 AM

lmao a good reason to not be a neet, that leatherface like human mask was fascinating

the completely nonchalant way of doing the info dumps get me all the time
Modified by Gween_Gween, Sep 14, 2021 5:51 AM

Sep 14, 2021 6:10 AM
Given that there is a timeskip i guess both Gillatinas will have changed significantly the next time we see them

Sep 14, 2021 7:27 AM

Alright chasing time for the runaway demons. They finally figured out the name. Brandy and Emperor kids unexpectedly quite adapted inside the human world, though, with their own ways. One of them also known to be as good as Yssley? Well.... But, one thing for sure, don't forget to fuck. Because that's a very demonic way possible to survive the genes. That moan shit in the midst absolutely shocked me. Shit xd.

Fuckin Miku found a very perfect place for her needs. A shut-in with a lot of savings inbound. Oh, yeah, and that nurse could actually do the surgery too. Man, a perfect combination with that mama demon. I wonder when they finally put some thought about making out to establish the generation. It can be worth watching and wait xd.

Anyway, i think the focus might fly to how demon survive against every possible idaten threats. So, yeah, lets see how Yssley deal with that pain in the ass that can goes everywhere around the world. Yeah, currently, Yssley kinda be their acting commander. Not a freakin Rin that lost her will of lives because of freakin identity revelation. Fuckin baba.

Also, the idaten nun and the nun herself also quite intriguing to see their development around the idaten matters. Idaten nun proved to get some Hayato involvement inside her way of thinking. While the nun thought about being more useful to those fucked up world. So, can they actually find out what they needs?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

Sep 14, 2021 7:34 AM
personally favorite episode so far, is it original from now on tho?

Sep 14, 2021 8:20 AM

Another good episode. I'd say my favorite of the three siblings is definitely Kuraishi - and not just because he has really good taste in waifus.

I love how fucked this series can be. I started laughing during that scene where the hikikomori was getting killed and they cut to Merku explaining her abilities with cheery music in the background.

Sep 14, 2021 10:23 AM
黒の剣士

Wait so did the release date change from Friday/Thursday night to Sunday?

Great episode as always. Gil is going to be the X factor in this series. You can just feel how determined she is to make an impact. With rin having her spirit broken, they’ll need her.

I thought Brandy and Takeshita’s kids were decent people, but damn they’re even worse than their parents. Miku is also a lot worse than I thought she was

Did two siblings have sex this week???
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate

Sep 14, 2021 10:25 AM

Another trippy episode. So the with the military coup d'etat of the Zoble empire complete, Piscalat and the others can focus on rebuilding and gathering information on the remaining demons who have either gone underground or in Miku's case steal another person's identity and live their apartment.

Sep 14, 2021 10:57 AM

Marinate1016 said:
Wait so did the release date change from Friday/Thursday night to Sunday?

Great episode as always. Gil is going to be the X factor in this series. You can just feel how determined she is to make an impact. With rin having her spirit broken, they’ll need her.

I thought Brandy and Takeshita’s kids were decent people, but damn they’re even worse than their parents. Miku is also a lot worse than I thought she was

Did two siblings have sex this week???

It moved tio Monday/Tuesday.

Yonger son looks fine. He just wanted to bang his GF. And in fact all 3 of them had sex.

Sep 14, 2021 11:20 AM
MacabreMech said:
Bobba_Ross said:
there are now 2 versions of the Nun aka Gill/Gillatina , the 1st is the original one who went through all the trauma at the hands of Zoble.

The 2nd one is the Idaten version who was partially created by the original Gilatina, which happened in episode 8 which you may have missed

Lol I somehow completely missed episode 8. But thanks for telling me.

Sep 14, 2021 11:29 AM

an guud episode as alwayss too lazy to write sumthink more today

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'

Sep 14, 2021 1:50 PM
The episode was ok, but there was inconsistency. They didn't need to pretend to be room service or it made no sense that Prontea couldn't find them being 1 minute behind. That part was not consistent with what we saw Idaten could do. Prontea should have been able to check the entire maze in seconds and locate them

Sep 14, 2021 2:00 PM
Neji said:
The episode was ok, but there was inconsistency. They didn't need to pretend to be room service or it made no sense that Prontea couldn't find them being 1 minute behind. That part was not consistent with what we saw Idaten could do. Prontea should have been able to check the entire maze in seconds and locate them
Prontea was only checking the branches of open paths which were decoys, he didn’t check the path that was buried which was the correct path. Also I’m pretty sure if he ripped through and broke through all the buried parts of the maze to find them, the whole building could’ve come crashing down.

Sep 14, 2021 2:04 PM

Damn everyone was fuggin in this week's episode lol.
"MAPPA is saving anime. I have spoken."

-Hayao Miyazaki, 2020 (source: dude trust me lol)

Sep 14, 2021 3:29 PM

Sigh. two episode left and stil no clear clue about blue haired girl in the op

Sep 14, 2021 3:46 PM
Pre_Yum said:
Miku is really scary now that I think about it. She's smart and then a masochist on top of it. Poor girl had nothing to do with it. Even the two demons with her are creepy. I was sympathetic for the demons before this but this episode made me change my mind. Yes, they all need to die.

Ha, I can sympathise with your sympathy, but that's the thing about this story. There aren't really any characters to root for. Neither demons or idaten give a shit about humans, and so both sides can and will cause arbitrary collateral damage if it gives them an advantage. The only difference is their goals - demons want to preserve themselves and destroy the humans, and idaten just want to prevent human extinction.

If we want to root for the humans as a species, we must root for the idaten to win, but as long as we're talking about individuals (or even specific groups of people), both sides are identical.

I just root for the idaten because I have a soft spot for their interest in learning about themselves. The demons have no such curiosity.

Sep 14, 2021 3:57 PM

Haha the majority seemed to be in heat lolz, but damn being a totally asshole to that nun has its limits.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Sep 14, 2021 5:10 PM

the demons fleeing from the gods is a situation where it demonstrates their flight and their actions and fights in the episode that was even cool.

Sep 15, 2021 10:24 AM

The Nun is actually useless and she gets called out for it. Which I thought I would be disappointed about but I feel like she will be a major part of what is to come.

Man they ruined that Hikimori's life in an instant huh? I didn't feel any sympathy for the demons really and now I especially do not anymore. I hope the remaining Nine get what's coming to them.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Winter 2022 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 15, 2021 11:31 AM

Miku was basically looking for a MAL user.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

Go vote here if you're a One Piece enjoyer.

Sep 15, 2021 5:17 PM

God, I just love this anime more & more over the weeks

Sep 15, 2021 8:02 PM

Demons off'd some humans ruthlessly this episode reminding you that even though they're currently helpless against Idaten in fights, they're 100% deadly to humans. Gil got a dose of reality in this episode. Deadass @ Buzz and Meliano sexing it up, birthing that ugly ass monster that bit Meliano's arm off, now on the loose in the wild😂

Sep 16, 2021 1:25 AM

Damn! These Demons are really ruthless and extremely cautious! especially the highest threat which is Miku!
5/5.

Sep 17, 2021 5:15 AM

Miku did her a favor by killing her imo

Sep 17, 2021 5:29 AM
I pay for this

Damn, they just kinda yoinked her face and body. Overall good episode which served as a build up for the last 2 episodes

Sep 20, 2021 1:30 AM

eyebag pichl was quite a look, and her telling the nun off without sugar coating her words at all was Really harsh but needed. wonder how human nun will go after this

looks like the demons are in quite a bind, all are separated and in a tricky situation. also quite curious to see how they'll go after this

Sep 21, 2021 9:28 AM

As expected the escaped demons are being troublesome to catch and they might even become a big threat someday so better find and kill em soon but man they sure are going to the extreme to hide. Also that demon child at the end might become a big hindrance.

Sep 24, 2021 4:32 AM
Holly fucking shit .

This episode was such a banger. Demons, just like humans are trying to sustain their existence . Holly shit

Sep 28, 2021 8:08 AM
That was dark af in a good way 😐..

Oct 10, 2021 11:29 AM

Buzz and his girl procreated quite quickly to already have created that monster offspring. Rip the NEET girl who just wanted her package and continue her peaceful life.
Konnichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
R̶̰̃e̸̢͋ḷ̵̂ë̸̲́a̷̖͗s̶̙̀e̵̹̋ ̴̠̒m̷̨͘e̴͓͠ ̸̠̅f̶̢̾r̶̠͊o̴͔͑ṃ̷͝ ̸̖̆ṁ̶ͅẙ̸̯ ̷̭̇m̸̛̝ȍ̸͔r̵̖̎t̵͈̄a̶̛͎l̸͖͠ ̴͔̿p̸̨̈́a̸̖͊ì̴͈n̴̡̑

Oct 11, 2021 2:08 PM
Ngl, the otaku girl that miku killed was cute

Jan 10, 10:38 AM
another great episode.