Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2021 2:52 PM
Dec 2015
I really wanna watch/read X but since is a sequel im not sure if I should go first with Tokyo Babylon, please don't make any spoilers.
Sep 13, 2021 3:13 PM

Nov 2019
If you're also up for reading Tokyo Babylon I'd recommend it because X does spoil major plot points of Tokyo Babylon... I didn't read it and only watched the 2 episode anime which I enjoyed a lot, so I was rather disappointed about the spoiler! But if it's just about X in General I wouldn't say it's necessary to know Tokyo Babylon because the two stories are really only very loosely intertwined.
Sep 13, 2021 4:40 PM
Jan 2018
I watched X without knowing anything about Tokyo Babylon. The show does a good job of recapping the relevant plot points of Tokyo Babylon. The plot only matters with regards to two characters, so it's not a major part of the plot. With that said, it spoils Tokyo Babylon big time. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with just going right into X, I found the characters from Tokyo Babylon to be my favorite characters and learning their deep backstory while watching the show enhanced my enjoyment. Wierdly enough I think I might have been less captivated if I already knew their story. I tried to read the Tokyo Babylon manga after watching X but couldn't get into it for whatever reason. It's up to you really, just know you can start with X if you want.
Sep 13, 2021 5:50 PM
Feb 2021
I did so I would recommend it since it is only 2 episodes but it does introduce some characters than would show up in x and it’s pretty good imo
Sep 14, 2021 11:20 PM

Sep 2017
You can read the Tokyo Babylon manga instead.
It's pretty short but it's much more better than watching the anime imo.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 16, 2021 9:02 PM
Dec 2015
So I followed your recommendations and ended up reading Tokyo Babylon, I didn't expect it to be THAT good, Totally worth it. I'm really glad to read ir before starting X.
Thanks you!!!
Dec 15, 2021 10:23 AM
Dec 2017
you can if you want.

Dec 23, 2021 11:09 PM

Nov 2011
You can, but I don't think you need to. X is my favorite manga of all time, and I didn't read Tokyo Babylon until after I had started reading X. If you become interested in learning more about the backstory of Subaru and Seishiro then give it a go, but otherwise just enjoy X.

Honestly, I don't particularly like TB. Again, X is my FAVORITE manga ever, but TB wigs me out with the romance between Seishiro and Subaru. The kid is like, 15? and Seishiro is in his 20s, and all the other stuff that comes along with it... Yeah. Not a fan.

SUPER IMPORTANT TIP: When you do start watching X, DO NOT WATCH EPISODE 0. Not sure WHY it's there, but it's just a spoiler of later episodes and serves no purpose. Don't do it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » X Episode 24 Discussion

Cello - May 2, 2009

31 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Mar 13, 3:28 AM

» Help: X (TV) filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 10

3 by Joker_Sama »»
Feb 14, 8:58 AM

Poll: » X Episode 23 Discussion

RyanBebop - Jan 19, 2012

9 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 7, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » X Episode 22 Discussion

RyanBebop - Jan 18, 2012

6 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » X Episode 21 Discussion

RyanBebop - Jan 17, 2012

4 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.