Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2021 9:17 AM

Apr 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"If you want to be a woman then stay behind!"
Yeah this was Tomino's misogynistic phase
Mar 29, 4:32 PM
Aug 2016
This episode closes the arc of the rebels on the protagonist's home planet. It seems to me that the narrative line is coming to fruition. It has allowed us to know the original identity of Daba. What we don't know is to what extent he has been remembering her little by little, or knew it from the first moment. In any case, we have also met the higher power of his enemy. And curious, it seems that there is something more, like only certain people can access that power.
Kamanda Amandra disappeared in combat since her Whale was sighted. The arc has been entertaining, it's another thing to make sense of what happens. The casual and comical tone means that one cannot take everything that happens seriously, however, this does not mean that it is a pleasantly attractive product.

When after the battle, the rebel base was destroyed, I hoped that perhaps the protagonist would assume command. I even thought that the old boss Stella could die, due to an enemy explosion, but I think the way he died was a good decision.

On the other hand, although this arc will favor the protagonist, it will not favor his antagonist. He has independent command, but his decision to go into the asteroids without a prior plan does not seem very competent. Your new robot seems to be different, does its mechanism indicate some type of blood connection with the pilot? (I may be crazy here).
I hope it can grow. I wonder the fact that his entire staff is female is proof of the girl he likes or simply to cover the void of not having Amu or the girl he likes.

Finally we are going to see the protagonist without his lover hot on his heels. (Amu). The scene was beautiful. And yet the protagonist did nothing. Very flat. Especially because he knows or should know that Amu loves him.
However, the episode itself does not leave time for reflection, just when we are getting deeper into the only character who seems to have some common sense, that is the ex-soldier, they do not allow the scene to develop.
-What should I do? Have I changed for good?
-Wait! Enemies coming (total, the doubts are not cleared up).

Even when Daba thought the two girls had abandoned the ship. He says, to his best friend, I'll explain it to you later. (Total, he is not going to explain it, or at least in a way that we can see it, for sure).

It is also curious that it seems that none of the characters fight for their own reasons. The only one, the protagonist and the antagonist. The protagonist's best friend, he follows him but has betrayed him on several occasions. His lover (AMU), because he likes her. And the ex-soldier, similar. None of them believe in rebel fighting or any other similar struggle.

I'm not analyzing the role of women in the series, but:
-Daba says: I cant make life decisions for others
-His best friend: But you can for me?
-We're men, we can do this.

Also, when the ex-soldier said I want to be a woman not a mere soldier, Daba just answers
Coolzweg2 said:
"If you want to be a woman then stay behind!"

Also, i get tired of the same childish games. I mean, when the best friend of Daba says I cant trust the person that tricked Amu...
C´mon... And what about himself? Who tricked everybody, more than once? And even says that regardless the help the ex-pilot has provided! 0 realistic 0 makes sense.
BaronLukisMar 29, 4:36 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 35 Discussion

BaronLukis - Apr 3

0 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 3, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 34 Discussion

BaronLukis - Apr 2

0 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 33 Discussion

Bubcus93 - May 5, 2014

2 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 32 Discussion

BaronLukis - Apr 2

0 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 31 Discussion

Bubcus93 - May 4, 2014

1 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.