Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2021 9:14 PM
Culture-sensei
Mar 2021
I’ve already read up to partway through LN 9, so admittedly the anime has been a bit boring for me, but I’ve noticed on streaming websites it’s gone from a little known series in Japan to averaging 800 comments per episode, which means that this series is obviously getting at least some attention.

Even Melonbooks is constantly spamming my inbox about their ongoing merch promo for this series in Japan and with Volume 20 just released and Volume 16 just finished from translation by J-Novel Club, I wouldn’t be surprised if this series got renewed for one more season.

Of course, it’ll be easier to tell in little over a week from now when Episode 12 drops, but I have high expectations that this anime could get another season. The battle scenes in the novels would look fantastic here since this series only covers a little bit past the “prequel” storyline of sorts.

What do you all think?
Sep 12, 2021 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
The anime was a bit, half disappointing but I do love the story. If it were given much more scenes instead of some getting skipped, this would've been a great adaptation.

Second season?! It will depend on many things (i.e. the sales after the animation) but realistically speaking, it's currently less than I expected it to be unless they make a comeback from the next to last episode of the series. (This is me talking to myself, this is just a guess and I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone besides me).
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 12, 2021 10:00 PM
Culture-sensei
Mar 2021
astralkill00 said:
The anime was a bit, half disappointing but I do love the story. If it were given much more scenes instead of some getting skipped, this would've been a great adaptation.

What I personally found to be the most disappointing aspect of the anime is that they cut out most of the political situation in Beltrum which for me was what made and continue to make the light novels so fun to read when a battle isn’t occurring. The anime totally scrapped this and it felt much more like a generic Isekai by the end of it.
Sep 12, 2021 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
mtrani said:
astralkill00 said:

What I personally found to be the most disappointing aspect of the anime is that they cut out most of the political situation in Beltrum which for me was what made and continue to make the light novels so fun to read when a battle isn’t occurring. The anime totally scrapped this and it felt much more like a generic Isekai by the end of it.

People do hate politics in general but most of the time when these happens, there's some "law" behind it but for me, this adaptation was more focused on Rio's light hearted adventures for young people to enjoy. While I do enjoy the series and greatly appreciate its adaptation, it was still lacking just as you stated.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 12, 2021 10:35 PM

Jul 2015
This anime already exhausted everything it has to offer by the end of episode 3, so I just cannot imagine how could they manage to pull it off.

Sep 13, 2021 12:07 AM
Culture-sensei
Mar 2021
Piromysl said:
This anime already exhausted everything it has to offer by the end of episode 3, so I just cannot imagine how could they manage to pull it off.

If it follows the source (LN) then you’d find the story shifts into something totally different and they could make something out of that
Sep 13, 2021 1:10 AM

Jul 2015
mtrani said:
Piromysl said:

If it follows the source (LN) then you’d find the story shifts into something totally different and they could make something out of that

Lemme say this again.
You cannot tell a decent story with such protagonist, because since he is a perfect Gary Stu in every shape of form and has no potential for character development, story is totally predictable, thus boring.
Since MC is carbon copy of Kirito without any noteworthy differences it's rather obvious how little effort author is putting in this work, so I don't put any faith in potential 2nd season.

Sep 13, 2021 1:13 AM
Mar 2020
I think this series will get second season.this series has a good story line .I will be very happy if it will have 2 season.
Sep 13, 2021 2:36 AM
Sep 2019
The director of this anime said that they already finish the last episode of the first term of the anime, I don't know if he's talking about it having a 2 Cour/Season or neither, but I do hope that this series will have an S2 since I want too see Vol 6 and 7 animated.

Seirei Gensouki also getting more popular than it used to be in Japan, and have solid fans too since the 5 Million Yen Donation for the anime is successful, and there's still people donating to it. Seirei Gensouki Vol 20 is first in sales, doubled the sales for the top 2. They held an event which they sell a bunch of merch too. Seirei Gensouki have an online game too.

They really putting too much on this series, so I wouldn't be surprised if it have S2, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no S2 either.
GrymKryzelSep 13, 2021 2:56 AM
Sep 13, 2021 8:06 AM
Aug 2018
That is the theory that if there is a possible 2 season the arc of miharu, aki and masato appears or in the final episode 12? Since the arc of the princesses of beltram is also missing among other arcs.
Sep 13, 2021 9:41 AM
Sep 2019
Tachi27 said:
That is the theory that if there is a possible 2 season the arc of miharu, aki and masato appears or in the final episode 12? Since the arc of the princesses of beltram is also missing among other arcs.
The Beltrum Princesses Arc are in Vol 13-15. Flora still doesn't have an arc on her own since Vol 7 is more like Rio reunion with Lucius, while Christina Arc is in Vol 11-12.
GrymKryzelSep 13, 2021 9:45 AM
Sep 13, 2021 11:24 AM

Jul 2017
Piromysl said:
mtrani said:

Lemme say this again.
You cannot tell a decent story with such protagonist, because since he is a perfect Gary Stu in every shape of form and has no potential for character development, story is totally predictable, thus boring.
Since MC is carbon copy of Kirito without any noteworthy differences it's rather obvious how little effort author is putting in this work, so I don't put any faith in potential 2nd season.
PREACH IT MAN.

If we're going to wait for this show to have a Season 2, don't bother. The first few volumes adapted into the anime has already shown a wilful misconduct on creativity, making it just the same as many generic Isekais before it. Not very hard-pressed to see another season since the anime already squandered the novel.
Sep 13, 2021 11:36 AM
Apr 2021
The only way a series this mediocre gets a second season is if they managed to negotiate a split cour from the beginning and can't back out now.

This series has served it's purpose as advertising for the light novel and they'll leave it at that.
Sep 13, 2021 9:03 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
It smells season 2. It's already episode 11 and his childhood friend Miharu is nowhere to be found. He was supposed to meet her before rescuing Celia.
Sep 13, 2021 10:43 PM
Jun 2021
Semoga Ada Season 2 Nya
Sep 14, 2021 2:04 AM
Sep 2017
https://twitter.com/yuri_kitayama/status/1437468277932843010

There might be season 2. This twitter say both BD volumes Rank 1 and 2 for pre-order.

I use google translation so can't be sure but seems to be.
KLA59Sep 14, 2021 2:10 AM
Sep 14, 2021 5:17 AM
Culture-sensei
Mar 2021
KLA59 said:

There might be season 2. This twitter say both BD volumes Rank 1 and 2 for pre-order.

Granted BD sales in Japan are usually only measured in the thousands of sales so I wouldn’t say that’s huge, but it does make a season 2 more likely. Hell Takagi-san is somehow getting a Season 3 and a Movie and I never expected that for such a small series!
Sep 20, 2021 10:12 AM
Aug 2021
I need season 2!i hope season 2 realesead! Good luck
Sep 20, 2021 10:55 AM
Sep 2019
The director of the anime just tweeted "See you again" with Rio(Haruto) doing a peace sign. LoL
Sep 20, 2021 11:18 AM
Culture-sensei
Mar 2021
GrymKryzel said:
The director of the anime just tweeted "See you again" with Rio(Haruto) doing a peace sign. LoL

Maybe Season 2 is happening now
Sep 20, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2017
KLA59 said:

This was what, like when the anime first started? Plus AFAIK Melonbooks though they're one of Japan's biggest retaliers, they must still rely on the author to help PR the source material. 1st and 2nd place means nothing if there's minimal sales.

BUT I swear upon what I will say now:
If this gets a Season 2, I will drop my balls.
KANLen09Sep 20, 2021 11:28 AM
Sep 20, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
mtrani said:
KLA59 said:

Granted BD sales in Japan are usually only measured in the thousands of sales so I wouldn’t say that’s huge, but it does make a season 2 more likely. Hell Takagi-san is somehow getting a Season 3 and a Movie and I never expected that for such a small series!
Sorry to break your bank, but Takagi-san IS ALREADY THAT popular even before the anime released. The anime and the manga's gap is 5 years, and these 5 years garnered lots of fans.
Sep 20, 2021 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
KANLen09 said:
KLA59 said:

This was what, like when the anime first started? Plus AFAIK Melonbooks though they're one of Japan's biggest retaliers, they must still rely on the author to help PR the source material. 1st and 2nd place means nothing if there's minimal sales.

I don't know man...
Symphogear got five full seasons, Mahouka is stil receiving adaptations and SAO is like 4th most popular anime on this site.
I'm not saying that it is certain, but you should be prepared for the worst.

Sep 20, 2021 12:23 PM
Culture-sensei
Mar 2021
Piromysl said:
KANLen09 said:

I don't know man...
Symphogear got five full seasons, Mahouka is stil receiving adaptations and SAO is like 4th most popular anime on this site.

according to Japan SAO is most popular anime of the decade now actually
Sep 20, 2021 9:27 PM

Jul 2017
Piromysl said:
KANLen09 said:

I don't know man...
It's funny how Symphogear relies on its cult following to get THAT many seasons, Mahouka is just like Maou Gakuin (more is better), and people STILL like SAO (me included), so popularity is the main game in the anime industry, opinions are not.
Sep 20, 2021 10:28 PM
Dec 2019
The director posted a pic of Rio with text "see you again". I'm positive that we'll get a season 2. TMS studio don't really left an anime midway.
Link :- https://twitter.com/LeeYamakun/status/1440005723413356544?s=20

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

86 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

66 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.