Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2021 9:22 PM

Mar 2016
According to the source here, next week will be an omnibus, aka a recap. Based on Google Translate (as derp as it is), it's unconfirmed whether or not Ep 8 WILL be that actual recap.

https://twitter.com/SaYo555/status/1436711704033853440
RyuseishunSep 11, 2021 9:27 PM
Sep 11, 2021 9:58 PM
Dec 2018
There's no point of doing 8th episode as a recap. If they had to do a recap, it would be just a week before Season 3 starts. They are probably running behind the schedule and need one more week to finish that last episode.
Sep 12, 2021 5:52 AM
Oct 2019
I really hope that they will release this recap or show with VA or whatever but take another week and produce a decent climactic episode. And it is better to postpone the final season to next year.
Sep 12, 2021 6:14 AM
Dec 2019
False_Mirror said:
I really hope that they will release this recap or show with VA or whatever but take another week and produce a decent climactic episode. And it is better to postpone the final season to next year.

I hope that it will be better than just decent if they do it in nearly 2 weeks instead of 1

I hope too that it's not going to replace real episode 8 that would be delayed to next season (but I don't believe it)
But anyway, it is a wise decistion that should have been taken several times before
(Even if I suppose that this kind of decisions poses problems too
Sep 14, 2021 7:17 AM
Jun 2020
Hopefully they will be able to make episode 8 look great and go out with a bang.

If they had a week to flex to fix issues they probably should have used it for episode 6 though.
Sep 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Mar 2016
metalmonstar said:
Hopefully they will be able to make episode 8 look great and go out with a bang.

If they had a week to flex to fix issues they probably should have used it for episode 6 though.

This I totally agree with. I think episode 6 was likely a horrible miscalculation on their part, though Shaft is usually known for animation gaffs in the past due to their distinct unique artstyle and direction.
Sep 18, 2021 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
If they release a Recap instead of the actual EP that would be mega fucking braindead, why the fuck do a fucking recap 1 episode before the last, that just sounds so fucking stupid... and announcing it this late too makes even less sense.

They better release the Episode today or this might be one of the most braindead moves ever. (As much as this might make the final episode better)
Sep 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
Venumidas said:
If they release a Recap instead of the actual EP that would be mega fucking braindead, why the fuck do a fucking recap 1 episode before the last, that just sounds so fucking stupid... and announcing it this late too makes even less sense.

They better release the Episode today or this might be one of the most braindead moves ever. (As much as this might make the final episode better)

So for the semi-finale, you'd rather have a messy rushjob episode instead of one where they've collectively decided it needed more time to make it look good? Have you not noticed how the last two episodes had their issues production-wise?

Understandable.
Sep 18, 2021 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Ryuseishun said:
Venumidas said:

So for the semi-finale, you'd rather have a messy rushjob episode instead of one where they've collectively decided it needed more time to make it look good? Have you not noticed how the last two episodes had their issues production-wise?

Understandable.

It seems like your comprehension of the issue is very little.
Episodes are not just worked on by the week, they get worked on at the beginning of the project, not from 1 to 2 to 3, they get worked on independetly of continuity, so if they were aware of production issues and needed a recap, they should have knows that before they released EP 1 or at worst a few episodes in, not 5 days before the final episode.

It was a weird choice and I believe it was stateed nowhere that it's because of production issues, if they admitted that it would be a lot issues to accept this, but now it just seems like a unreasonable move.

So don't try to make me look like the stupid one when clearly, you seem to be unable to grasp the issue.
Sep 18, 2021 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
Venumidas said:
Ryuseishun said:

Understandable.

It seems like your comprehension of the issue is very little.
Episodes are not just worked on by the week, they get worked on at the beginning of the project, not from 1 to 2 to 3, they get worked on independetly of continuity, so if they were aware of production issues and needed a recap, they should have knows that before they released EP 1 or at worst a few episodes in, not 5 days before the final episode.

It was a weird choice and I believe it was stateed nowhere that it's because of production issues, if they admitted that it would be a lot issues to accept this, but now it just seems like a unreasonable move.

So don't try to make me look like the stupid one when clearly, you seem to be unable to grasp the issue.

No I have full grasp of the issue here, and I know that if they attempted to go forward as previously scheduled, the final episode would've been bound to have issues. It was going extremely smooth for first five episodes, and apparently it was too smooth, and the sudden crash in quality with episode 6 and the first 2/3 of ep 7 turned out as the major backlash. The scheduled recap as a replacement definitely wasn't something they wanted to happen, but shit happens, emergency happens.

We don't know for sure what truly goes on behind the scenes with Shaft's productions and whether or not they start early ahead of time (many shows dont necessarily get animation production started ahead of time), but iirc they do have a bad habit of squeezing in work at the last moment. The aforementioned is a near perfect example of the consequences that can occur cause of that.
Sep 18, 2021 11:43 AM
Dec 2019
Venumidas said:

The issue is that I don't think there is a good solution,
even if I am agree that make a recap now is not very smart, I think I would have delayed without any replacement (or eventually rediffuse last episode on TV)
But for the delaying itself, I think that the "braindead move" was done at the beginning of the season because they have underestimated the time it will take.
If they had begun the production 1 week before they wouldn't have had to delay (but with if ...)
Sep 18, 2021 12:31 PM

Apr 2018
Venumidas said:

Ha! The entitled pirate believes he has the right to make demands of the content that he consumes for free! Now that's rich.
Sep 18, 2021 12:38 PM

Nov 2009
Better delay ep8 than air an unfinished low quality episode again. Getting a remake ep to fill the timeslot doesn't matter, no1 is forced to watch it. Anyone who complains is full monke.
Sep 18, 2021 1:11 PM
Dec 2018
I mean you can always buy the blurays, or spend the money in gacha to support the anime if you want flawless schedule.

And knowing Shaft, even if the production started 3 years ago, they would finish the last episode just an hour before airing.
Sep 18, 2021 1:14 PM
Aug 2017
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Venumidas said:

Ha! The entitled pirate believes he has the right to make demands of the content that he consumes for free! Now that's rich.

Hurr durr bro you watch for free don't complain about bad product!

Ok yeah I guess we should just not discuss anything by that logic accept all recaps and poorly scheduled and planned releases and be happy. I'm sure that's not how it works even in that head of yours if you put just a little effort into thinking before you typed. Get off that horse of yours and start using that brain.
Sep 18, 2021 1:59 PM

Apr 2018
SoLongGayBowser said:
Ok yeah I guess we should just not discuss anything by that logic accept all recaps and poorly scheduled and planned releases and be happy. I'm sure that's not how it works even in that head of yours if you put just a little effort into thinking before you typed. Get off that horse of yours and start using that brain.

And complaining about it achieves what exactly? That's just how the industry is nowadays, it's not like we can do anything about the shitty production schedules over there. "Welp, it is what it is", that's pretty much my reaction to this kind of thing everytime.

Besides, "emergency recap" episodes like this one are never included later in the Bluray release anyway, so why does it matter? "Oh no, but now i have to wait one more week for a new episode of the mediocre mobile game adaptation so that the animators have a chance to not overwork themselves to death just to put out another trainwreck episode like Ep. 6!"... Oh boo hoo, the humanity, how absolutely tragic for y'all.

I may pirate 80% of the anime i watch as well, but at least i have the self-awareness to not go around pretending like i'm personally paying the animators for their damn job. Fact is, they don't owe jack-shit to us.
Stygian_PrisonerSep 18, 2021 2:15 PM
Sep 18, 2021 3:31 PM
Dec 2019
I think it is a good idea for the show itself but an issue is that it is going to take the place of another serie that should have been broadcasted on 26/09 on japanese TV
(even if I suppose this kind of case is planned )
Sep 18, 2021 8:13 PM

Sep 2011
The recap is basically episode 7.5, episode 8 will air next week.

It's the final episode so they can't have a quarity episode, I guess.

Still wondering how come episode 6 is a disaster yet episode 7 is back to fine again, usually whenever it happens the quarity is consecutive.
Sep 18, 2021 10:09 PM
Jun 2020
Fuyune said:
The recap is basically episode 7.5, episode 8 will air next week.

It's the final episode so they can't have a quarity episode, I guess.

Still wondering how come episode 6 is a disaster yet episode 7 is back to fine again, usually whenever it happens the quarity is consecutive.

Most people have theorized that they let episode 6 take a dive so they could keep resources on Episodes 7 and 8. Episode 6 is largely a setup episode anyway. Also episode 7 did look a bit rough in the beginning with a clear focus being the last few scenes. Certainly a noticeable step up from episode 8 though.

Well I guess it is a decent enough highlight reel as all the big fights show up in some capacity. Funny that episode 6 is such a mess that even the recap episode can't avoid its nonsense.

Still such a shame that they didn't use this opportunity to throw in some scenes from S1 of Mami and Tsuruno to give context to the finale. Wouldn't have even been much more work. Ah well at least I got to listen to Lapis
Sep 23, 2021 5:40 AM

Oct 2008
a recap!? not that i complain! ahihi!

Oct 20, 2021 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
So... with the final Episode being devoid of any great animation, storyboarding or anything exciting...

Can anyone reasonable explain to me why it was delayed again?
I told you that it was a weird move that makes no sense, I also understood that it could have been because of production issues.

But the way they did it made it clear that there is a deeper rooted issue, which was even more pronounced in the last episode.

So I guess me, the big dum was right. It's not much to brag about since it was quite obvious that shit was going in a very bad direction with that recap.

Just wanted to rub it in to the people who somehow defended this or thought it was ok.
But the same people are gonna be so stuck up that they will not admit their own faults and point out some other weirds things how they are still right.

Also about the pirating part, lets say for argument sake I actually do pirate anime.
I would rather do that, then support some weird anime subbing site that in itself is a ripoff to most anime studios, that also has poor customer support, is always late, has poor servers especially for weekly shows that just are impossible to watch for the first day etc.

So yeah, to the people who tried to directly attack me, pay up your monthly sub and suckle on those laggy ass 7 episode recaps.
Oct 23, 2021 1:42 AM
Dec 2018
Venumidas said:

Can anyone reasonable explain to me why it was delayed again?

The reason is simple, it would have been worse if they didn't delay. Those who have watched Bilibili release might have an idea (they probably released unfinished ep). Probably this was the best they could do in the given time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2021

37 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2021

61 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2021

52 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2021

66 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 7, 2021

82 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 13, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.