Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Finale on September 25, because there's special before Finale on September 18
https://twitter.com/magireco/status/1439152213042028546
tsubasaloverSep 18, 2021 7:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 11, 2021 8:45 AM
Sep 2019
Tsuruno's injuries are bloodier here than in the game, fortunately magical girls are built strong! Every second of the episode was visually stunning, I don't know what to expect in the BD version, the animation is already beautiful. Also I'm worried about Kuroe, we don't know what's going to happen to her, please don't let her Doppel too much and end up like Kaede!
Also, Mitama broke her neutrality?
Sep 11, 2021 8:55 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode. The animation also looked much better this time.

Tsuruno looks so creepy.

SerafosOct 16, 2021 1:47 PM
Sep 11, 2021 9:09 AM
Oct 2019
Serafos said:
The animation also looked much better this time.

The first 2/3 were pretty minimalistic and full of close-ups and fixed frames, but well directed and edited(well, what else could you expect from Miyamoto?) and in the final we were also given high-quality animation.
So yeah, no comparison with the previous episode, clearly made by the animators from twitter
False_MirrorSep 11, 2021 9:18 AM
Sep 11, 2021 10:26 AM
Oct 2016
This episode ended on a super disturbing note. Tsuruno like that what the hell is going on, is that even the real Tsuruno. I didn't expect the girls to fail bringing her back. We did get a good chunk of the explaining out of the way this episode. Going over everything having to do with brining back Tsuruno and Mami so they can be saved. More about the magical girl experiments and what Magius is planning with the artificial witch. I sill love seeing the two main groups of magical girls the series has followed teaming up. The quick action scene at the end trying to save their friend looked really crisp. Have to see how the finale next week wraps things up and what setup they give for the final season.
Sep 11, 2021 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
Damn man what an episode. SHAFT continue improving which each ep.

It’s so cool seeing the OG girls working with the MagiReco girls. Iroha and Madoka being on screen together is almost surreal.

Tremendous amount of Sakuga in the final fight as we’ve come to expect from this season, but that final shot.. Is Tsuruno really gone.. :/ next week is Gonna be a crazy finale.
Sep 11, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
Great fighting scenes. Also, it was nice to see both team Madoka and the Mikazuki Villa girls are fighting together, especially Madoka and Iroha.
What happens to Tsuruno at the end?? She is still able to move with that severe injury.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 11, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2016
That was disturbing. Tsuruno being creepy AF.

Sep 11, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 2018
I'm waiting for my girl Felicia to save Tsuruno. And someone please call a medic.
Sep 11, 2021 10:49 AM

May 2012
A really intense episode, Iroha a bit weaker now, she can connect to Yachiyo and win, but she chooses not to do any connect this episode. It's nice to see Sana and Felicia back, most of the Mikazuki villa members gathered. They really just fusion 7-8-9 parts of game chapters into one, i don't complain. Too bad Alina chooses to remain inside her atelier and we won't see any Alina/Felicia grudge. Now for the final episode, it will surely ends with a big cliffhanger. Mitama is breaking neutrality is important decision and will play a role in the future. Just hope Kuroe joins the battle next episode.
Sep 11, 2021 11:10 AM

Jun 2021
cool fight, that's about it
Sep 11, 2021 11:18 AM
Sep 2019
salarx said:
I'm waiting for my girl Felicia to save Tsuruno. And someone please call a medic.

Yeah Iroha could heal her easily. I hope Momoko and co. bring other magical girls in Kamihama to join the battle
Sep 11, 2021 11:30 AM
Oct 2019
Last minute made me scared of going to the bathroom to pee ... help
Sep 11, 2021 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
haha Kyouko mocking Mami for being reduced to a slave of Magius and instantly regrets it when Mami fires a barrage at the team.
That reunion of Felicia and Sana with Yachiyo<3 but it didn't last long since they argued and Felicia went away for now.

Kuroe still suffering from the side effects of using her Doppel too much, looks pretty bad already, but not as bad as Kaede was. Maybe if nothing was done, she would end up in a similar state as Iroha was in the beginning of this season, since her Doppel seems to have developed a personality like Iroha's had.

Mitama chose a side and takes a risk trying to bring back Kaede, wonder how that will turn out since trying to separate Tsurono from the Uwasa didn't go well for the first try. Luckily for Tsurono broken bones and all the other damage done to her is not immediately critical for a Magical Girl despite how she looks and the broken bones cracking sounds.

Already just one more episode again huh... They will mostlikely wrap things up with Mami and Tsurono and show how Mitama's attempt to save Kaede turns out and cut it there. Doubt anything else relevant will happen. Even Kuroe is probably not going to meet Iroha this season. Walpurgisnacht, Touka and Nemu are all for the next season, well maybe Iroha meets Nemu since she is running out of time but Touka will continue anyway
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 11, 2021 11:40 AM

Mar 2016
The first half to 2/3 of the episode was weakly animated but the final segment was quite crazy. The entirety of the episode was well directed this time, too.
Looks like the respective groups don't truly know Tsuruno and Mami well at all, especially when they have no idea why the two really worked so hard like they did.
Sep 11, 2021 1:28 PM
Dec 2019
As already said there were some fixed frames (I don't know if it is done on purpose but I would lean more on budget/time savings

Another thing that displeased me a little was the fact that the solution de save mami and tsuruno was too similar to a game mechanic.

I don't know how Iroha hoped to save Yachiyo just with her coat. Fortunately the scenario was with her and sana arrived at this time

But apart that, it was a good even if I don't think its quality justified to sacrifice the episode 6.
Sep 12, 2021 12:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm for Madoka and her team to face their friend as enemeis sure was a tough pill. Digital Tsuruno looks so wrong. Sana and Felicia's save sure was timely. Mitama sure had it tough though having her earnest wish denied like that. But in a way i guess it did offer her into a unique insight into the darker sides of being a magical girl. Its good that Momoko was able to get though to her though. Man her desire to protect everyone sure proved to be a boon here. The dual between Mami and Yachiyo though sure was fun. Spears vs guns huh. But that was some teamwork between the two teams as they tried to save Mami and Tsuruno though. But damm that ending though. Overall a strong penultimate ep that featured a great combo of action and plot revelations while bringing some unexpected allies into the fold. Animation this time i felt was back to its regular form which was good. Can't wait to see how this ends next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2021 3:09 AM

Apr 2015
Can definitely notice where most time was spend on for this episode, but it did give us a nice end to the episode even if it was brief.

Felicia running away from Yachiyo as they butt heads, as usual. It's such a Felicia thing to do, but I am sure she'll be back for the climax next week.

So the plan to connect while attacking Tsuruno failed and seems Madoka had already noticed and stopped Sayaka for trying it on Mami. Tsuruno at the end was beyond creepy, she looked twisted, both figuratively and literally of speaking.
Sep 12, 2021 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
I do feel bad for Felicia once more, but with time, I'm hoping she'll make it back when it matters the most and help out once more.

On another note, while parts of the episode still had an excessive amount of still frames and the odd weird cut here and there, at least the production values improved majorly compared to the previous episode. The last 2 minutes of the episode in particular looked great.

Sadly, the plan to connect to save Tsuruno had backfired badly, so Madoka did the right thing to intercept Sayaka's epic dive to make sure she didn't do the same to Mami. The way Tsuruno looked at the end as she got up again was rather disturbing. The final episode is certainly going to be a tense one, that's for sure.
Sep 12, 2021 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
my respect for Mitama has went up with this episode. She is one of the more mysterious characters in season 1.. glad to finally know her real situation. Her work is traumatizing, it's surprising she has not gone insane yet.. glad that Momoko decide to reach out some kindness, and become a friend for her. It looks like realizing that she now has a real friend inspired Mitama to do good things.. hopefully, she can succesfully save Kaede.

damn, and Tsuruno looks like a zombie now.. ><
Sep 12, 2021 8:29 AM
Jan 2019
tsuruno bone cracking noise make me feel uncomfortable as hell
Sep 12, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2020
Wait, what happened to Tsuruno? Did Mitama lie about "connect", could bring back Tsuruno?

I think we'll have to wait next week, for the answer!
Sep 12, 2021 10:14 AM
Aug 2020
Gusbell said:
tsuruno bone cracking noise make me feel uncomfortable as hell

Same pal, it was creepy as heck
Sep 12, 2021 10:20 AM
Aug 2020
Number_28 said:
Wait, what happened to Tsuruno? Did Mitama lie about "connect", could bring back Tsuruno?

If I had to guess, I'd say that's Touka's spicy touch to the MagicalGirl/Uwasa hybrid, some sort of mechanism that'd would activate should someone attempt to split the essences
Sep 12, 2021 11:04 AM
Dec 2018
Number_28 said:

Yachiyo probably doesn't know the true Tsuruno, just like Sayaka doesn't know the true Mami.

The only person that truly knows Mami is probably Kyoko. In case of Tsuruno, may lord save my baby.
Sep 12, 2021 11:05 AM
Dec 2019
Number_28 said:

No, this is just that it is also needed to visualized the personnality of tsuruno
in a correct way during connect, if it is not done, tsuruno will take the same damages as the rumor (around 16:38 in the episode)
So I suppose yachiyo did not visualise correctly tsuruno
(probably because she did not understand that tsuruno was in a burn out but hide it behind a joyful mask (around 20:14 in the episode))

And next week is probably a recap, so it will be the week after
Sep 13, 2021 1:55 AM

Dec 2008
Oh no that plan failed, seems like Yachiyo don't know enough of the real Tsuruno.
Or maybe the "connect" method isn't the right solution for the whole problem.
I'm honestly liking the season a lot, Iroha is such a friendly hero character, I also like that Madoka and friends were added, too bad Mami is crazy and that Homura is funny.

Touka unfortunately became truly evil in the last part, her ways are as cold and ruthless as Kiyubei's. I really thought she could help magical girls, but this is twisted now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2021 2:09 PM

May 2018
Looks like we get to enjoy zombie-like Tsuruno next week; a charm for the eyes indeed...
Sep 14, 2021 2:10 PM

May 2018
Fabienne said:
Oh no that plan failed, seems like Yachiyo don't know enough of the real Tsuruno.
Or maybe the "connect" method isn't the right solution for the whole problem.
I'm honestly liking the season a lot, Iroha is such a friendly hero character, I also like that Madoka and friends were added, too bad Mami is crazy and that Homura is funny.

Touka unfortunately became truly evil in the last part, her ways are as cold and ruthless as Kiyubei's. I really thought she could help magical girls, but this is twisted now.

wow you joined in 20008?! I respect you a lot
Sep 14, 2021 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
Aw man, that ending was so creepy, poor Tsuruno, what a shame is that I'm really enjoying this season and it has only 8 episodes.
Sep 14, 2021 6:48 PM
May 2016
The nerfing of Homura is annoying, why is she even there?
Sep 15, 2021 5:27 AM

Dec 2008
Byniavo said:
Fabienne said:

Yeah, that is true hehe, I just started with anime watching in 2008, this place here is good for not losing the overview about the titles I have seen.

I became less active over years, but in this anime season I found joy again in commenting and ranting ^^ The current regular commenters are fun to read, there have been other times, but currently it's really fun.

thank you

MenchiK1 said:
The nerfing of Homura is annoying, why is she even there?
Yes, it's odd that she is super timid and meek in this universe, at full power she would have probably solved the problem already, which might be a reason why she is not at her normal power in this story at least.
Sep 16, 2021 12:56 AM

Oct 2008
damn! pure action greatness! only thing is i still don't get what the heck is going-on...
but damn! Mami's impenetrable fortress is as strong as she is, its just that she went far down in being like a controlled state...
5/5.

Byniavo said:

hmmmm... seems like: "am i a joke to you?"
matias067Sep 16, 2021 12:59 AM

Sep 16, 2021 3:37 AM

May 2018
matias067 said:
damn! pure action greatness! only thing is i still don't get what the heck is going-on...
but damn! Mami's impenetrable fortress is as strong as she is, its just that she went far down in being like a controlled state...
5/5.

Byniavo said:

hmmmm... seems like: "am i a joke to you?"

lol if only I could joke subtly like that
Sep 18, 2021 11:19 AM

Dec 2016
The first try failed? It's going to be though if the difficulty is that extreme X( That crack at the end made me very uncomfortable >_< And only one episode left... I hope the girls can really save them from corruption. It's very sad to see both Tsuruno and Tomoe in this way. Also, great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 25, 2021 4:18 PM

Jul 2016
The Coordinator girl sure was dying to tell her sob backstory, huh? Honestly, I couldn't care less about her character and the brand new ship formed between her and Momoko but guess it's what it is.

Leaving that aside... uhm... why was Sayaka chosen to be the one to connect with Mami? If anything, it had to be Kyouko since they already had some story together way before Sayaka and Madoka decided to become Mahou Shoujo.

Overall, decent episode though unnecessarily melodramatic with that Mitama-Momoko exchange and with Felicia running away from Yachiyo... again.
SouthRzVaSep 25, 2021 4:23 PM
Oct 2, 2021 11:10 AM

Aug 2018
So Mitama's abilities are like that, hm.. Somehow purifying soul gems, but not touching them at the same time?..
Imagine, who she is.. And use Connect.. Hm.. Wonder, how it works..
Well.. If person is outwards very strong.. Not necessary mean he is like that.. That's why, I imagine, Connect with Tsuruno didn't work.. It's what Yachiyo thinks about her.. Not who she actually is.. Even if there might or might not be some truth in that strength..
Feb 16, 9:23 AM
Apr 2017
The action packed scene towards the end was SO GOOD!!! So happy that the budget went to that bc as anyone has said already, the first 2/3 were more weakly animated. Tsurune at the end?? Creepy af, I do like her design in that form than in her usual design.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2021

61 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2021

52 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2021

66 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 7, 2021

82 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 13, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 31, 2021

108 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 13, 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.