Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 11, 2021 1:18 AM
Jun 2021
There is barely any hype for this masterpiece. Even anime like takt op destiny (anime original) or platinum end(average and unpopular manga) are more hyped than this. Obviously,I'm not comparing but it's funny that those anime are more hyped than an anime with a successful 1st season with high ratings
Sep 11, 2021 1:26 AM
Jun 2021
It’s probably cause they are coming out sooner and we don’t know when this one will start yet. Also there isn’t a trailer out for s2 yet and that usually brings all the hype.
Sep 11, 2021 1:37 AM
Feb 2021
First season dont even surpass a million members on MAL, while in the same year, KnY and TPN got. So what do you even expect. Even JJK which aired 1 year later have more than a million members now.
Takt Op. Destiny get some popularity because of the MAPPA event and also its a MAPPA and Madhouse collab. And that anime got announced right before CSM trailer was announced, which are probably the most popular new anime ATM, so its obvious that it will gain attention.
Platinum End is mid or not, I dont care. But that doesnt mean its not big. The fact that its the same creator as Death Note already make sense for why it gain attention.
And you seriously take 2 anime that will be on air in less than a month to compare with an anime that dont even have a trailer yet. Wow.
And all we know so far is the old team will come back, thats all. So there are nothing to hype for.
And yes, old team doesnt mean old studio.
Sep 11, 2021 1:40 AM
Jun 2021
It's probably because it's has been 2 years and no news on s2 and suddenly the are like,"Hey guys we have a new season".
Sep 11, 2021 1:45 AM
May 2020
Probably two things, it’s not shonen and there isn’t much promotion in the first place
Sep 11, 2021 1:49 AM

Jun 2016
Screw hype. If it's good it can stand without it.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 11, 2021 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
It's easy
Because too much Hype ruins everything
Sep 11, 2021 2:21 AM
Jul 2020
It’s the same thinking that something like Steel Ball Run is gonna get an anime adaptation, you know it’s coming but there isn’t anything to inject your excitement onto just yet (For example a trailer)
Sep 11, 2021 2:25 AM

May 2020
There is hype for this,everyone's excited about the Farm arc but you won't see it on the same level of AoT final season or Demon Slayer's 2nd season
Sep 11, 2021 3:31 AM

Nov 2019
No trailer yet so there is that and the fact that it is a sequel. I will assume the ones you mentioned already have trailers out, also isn't platinum end getting hyped because it was written by the Death Note author although I heard its not that good.
Sep 11, 2021 3:50 AM
May 2021
Bri
Askechadd79 said:
There is barely any hype for this masterpiece. Even anime like takt op destiny (anime original) or platinum end(average and unpopular manga) are more hyped than this. Obviously,I'm not comparing but it's funny that those anime are more hyped than an anime with a successful 1st season with high ratings
Bro I’m hyped asf I can’t wait
Sep 11, 2021 10:11 AM
Oct 2019
Nah hype sucks, but I’m pretty excited for Season 2. The first season is one of my all time favorites I hope the second season can live up to the first season
Sep 11, 2021 5:32 PM
Nov 2016
I'm not hyped nor excited, I didn't like S1 that much, I just can't give a damn for the main characters in S1, I feel no sympathy for those ruthless killers and wanted them all to die.

I'm glad that Askeladd is dead, he was the most interesting character sure, but I just don't give a damn about him and I felt nothing when he died either, I just don't care if they all die.

The only characters I really cared about in this anime are Thors (too bad he died), his wife and his daughter, Leif and Canute are ok I guess. As for the rest of the vikings, they can all fucking die for all I care. Let's see if Thorfinn improves as a character in S2 because I also didn't gave a rats ass about him in S1.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely watch S2 but I'm not hyped nor excited for it.
Sep 12, 2021 5:04 AM
Feb 2021
xZabuzax said:
I'm not hyped nor excited, I didn't like S1 that much, I just can't give a damn for the main characters in S1, I feel no sympathy for those ruthless killers and wanted them all to die.

I'm glad that Askeladd is dead, he was the most interesting character sure, but I just don't give a damn about him and I felt nothing when he died either, I just don't care if they all die.

The only characters I really cared about in this anime are Thors (too bad he died), his wife and his daughter, Leif and Canute are ok I guess. As for the rest of the vikings, they can all fucking die for all I care. Let's see if Thorfinn improves as a character in S2 because I also didn't gave a rats ass about him in S1.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely watch S2 but I'm not hyped nor excited for it.

you’re gonna like season 2.
Sep 13, 2021 6:08 PM
May 2019
I AM SO HYPED ABOUT THIS. I AM EXPECTING A LOT FROM THE SECOND SEASON, HOPE IT IS AS AMAZING (OR IF WE'RE LUCKY, EVEN BETTER) AS THE FIRST SEASON. YAYYYY!
Sep 13, 2021 9:21 PM

Sep 2015
The lack of hype is probably due to the First season getting stuck in Amazon Prime purgatory when it initially aired. But I'm hyped! Farmland Saga ftw!
Sep 17, 2021 8:09 PM
Sep 2018
OnePunchScott said:
I AM SO HYPED ABOUT THIS. I AM EXPECTING A LOT FROM THE SECOND SEASON, HOPE IT IS AS AMAZING (OR IF WE'RE LUCKY, EVEN BETTER) AS THE FIRST SEASON. YAYYYY!

AGREED!!! Cannot wait!!!
Sep 18, 2021 8:47 PM
Aug 2017
xZabuzax said:

Based on your criticisms, I feel like you'll quite like season 2! At least more than season 1
Sep 22, 2021 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
Obviously because those are coming out next season. When time will come for this, people will start hyping it.
Sep 22, 2021 5:29 AM
Aug 2021
I've heard s2 is going to be quite different from s1 so ig thats why I'm a little hesitant about the hype, right now I'm most hyped for Jojo Part 6 but I'm sure as the release date gets closer the hype will build for me. As for why theres not so much hype for it by everyone else 2 years is enough time for hype to die

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you consider Vinland Saga a masterpiece?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

19 by MillerEvans23 »»
Apr 17, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

36 by KayKimii »»
Apr 16, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

379 by SkibidiSigma08 »»
Apr 8, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

303 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Apr 4, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

484 by fivestar488 »»
Apr 3, 9:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.