Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2021 10:14 PM
Dec 2015
NO SPOILERS BEYOND EPISODE 49 PLEASE!

Why are they so afraid of deaths?!?! Other anime would’ve killed so many by this point but in here they are so afraid of letting go it seems, that old sister from the town where it snowed bruh of course she didn’t die after being that beat up, and now in the water temple the dancing and singing siblings one got his leg cut off and the other got hit in the throat “they are badly wounded but nothing life threatening”-_- I’m not trying to find sense just saying that deaths of characters shouldn’t be that hard to get in a show and it makes me less hyped about a fight knowing nothing bad could happen…

The show overall so far is great, besides being almost always predictable and besides them not letting go of characters (or even enemies you never even know if they are dead as well).
Sep 10, 2021 10:37 PM
Jun 2021
Author said there's too much of that going around. /j

But you're a jjk and aot fan so you're good
Sep 10, 2021 10:47 PM
Jul 2021
baryaakov555 said:
NO SPOILERS BEYOND EPISODE 49 PLEASE!

Why are they so afraid of deaths?!?! Other anime would’ve killed so many by this point but in here they are so afraid of letting go it seems, that old sister from the town where it snowed bruh of course she didn’t die after being that beat up, and now in the water temple the dancing and singing siblings one got his leg cut off and the other got hit in the throat “they are badly wounded but nothing life threatening”-_- I’m not trying to find sense just saying that deaths of characters shouldn’t be that hard to get in a show and it makes me less hyped about a fight knowing nothing bad could happen…

The show overall so far is great, besides being almost always predictable and besides them not letting go of characters (or even enemies you never even know if they are dead as well).
yes that's the only thing I don't like about black clover but just watch till 120 you will find out what this anime is made of
Sep 10, 2021 11:39 PM
Dec 2020
Thank god for healing magic.
Sep 11, 2021 12:04 AM
Dec 2015
Ryiebe said:

Not even related to healing magic, they specified and that’s a quote “even the most powerful healing magic can only close wounds” they said that when that beast magic guys regrew his arm that Noelle has cut off.

I guess they really don’t want deaths in the show..
Sep 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Jul 2017
I don't get people like you do you need characters to die fore it to be good?
Sep 11, 2021 1:20 AM
Dec 2015
Akitokamisen said:

No, but if there’s not actual danger then there not real suspense.. if you know ahead all the characters you love are going to be all fine at the end of a hard and expected battle then there’s no excitement, however if it’s a show who’s known for letting go you come into that battle not knowing what to expect and you watch while your whole body is invested into it, and if someone you are attached to actually dies and it has an impact on you, you know it’s a good show. I’d have given examples but I’m not sure how to use the spoiler tag correctly so I’m afraid I’m gonna spoil people with these examples.
Sep 11, 2021 1:31 AM

Jul 2017
baryaakov555 said:
Akitokamisen said:

No, but if there’s not actual danger then there not real suspense.. if you know ahead all the characters you love are going to be all fine at the end of a hard and expected battle then there’s no excitement, however if it’s a show who’s known for letting go you come into that battle not knowing what to expect and you watch while your whole body is invested into it, and if someone you are attached to actually dies and it has an impact on you, you know it’s a good show. I’d have given examples but I’m not sure how to use the spoiler tag correctly so I’m afraid I’m gonna spoil people with these examples.

Similarly if you know every character can die (aot, game of thrones, monster) as a defense mechanism you won't get attach to any character(unless they are great characters like rider from fate zero) and if they get into trouble you won't care as mush as you would if get attach to them
And as long as they impact your emotions without having to kill a character I would say that is even better show
So death is not necessary to make suspense
If they can make you attach to a character you won't need death to make suspense
And if there is need for death then it should have some purpose for story or character development
If they serve no purpose but for shock value then I don't think that creates suspense
AkitokamisenSep 11, 2021 1:42 AM
Sep 11, 2021 1:48 AM
Dec 2015
I see your point but I still got attached even watching ruthless shows and the feeling of despair watching them die is somehow addictive I love when something has that impact on me, I always say if it makes me cry it’s amazing.

Yes it doesn’t have to have death to have an impact on my emotions but it definitely works better if the possibility of death is there, I don’t like the fairy tales endings “and they all lived together happily ever after” I want something to either ruin me or have a good happy ending but with losses along the way to show that it’s not all fun and games and that’s life, JoJo did a good job with that and is a great example, it’s not ruthless but not all candy either.

In black clover so far however not only they didn’t kill side characters they didn’t even kill guest characters… OR EVEN ENEMIES, the only deaths come to my mind was the suicide one really early in the show… and now every fight is “ok let’s see how they win this time cuz obviously they are gonna win” “oh this character just got beaten up so bad and they aren’t getting up for like 5 episodes but naaahhh they are alive for sure” it’s not exciting at all. The show is great but this thing ruins the excitement in fights and in wars as a whole.
Sep 11, 2021 2:01 AM

Jul 2017
baryaakov555 said:
I see your point but I still got attached even watching ruthless shows and the feeling of despair watching them die is somehow addictive I love when something has that impact on me, I always say if it makes me cry it’s amazing.

Yes it doesn’t have to have death to have an impact on my emotions but it definitely works better if the possibility of death is there, I don’t like the fairy tales endings “and they all lived together happily ever after” I want something to either ruin me or have a good happy ending but with losses along the way to show that it’s not all fun and games and that’s life, JoJo did a good job with that and is a great example, it’s not ruthless but not all candy either.

In black clover so far however not only they didn’t kill side characters they didn’t even kill guest characters… OR EVEN ENEMIES, the only deaths come to my mind was the suicide one really early in the show… and now every fight is “ok let’s see how they win this time cuz obviously they are gonna win” “oh this character just got beaten up so bad and they aren’t getting up for like 5 episodes but naaahhh they are alive for sure” it’s not exciting at all. The show is great but this thing ruins the excitement in fights and in wars as a whole.

I see your point, To each his own i guess
Sep 11, 2021 5:01 AM
Apr 2021
baryaakov555 said:
Ryiebe said:

Not even related to healing magic, they specified and that’s a quote “even the most powerful healing magic can only close wounds” they said that when that beast magic guys regrew his arm that Noelle has cut off.

but didn't yami kinda kill the beast guy at the end
Sep 11, 2021 6:40 AM

Aug 2020
Yeah personally I would have preferred if some characters died but idk why they keep surviving

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Sep 11, 2021 8:07 AM
Dec 2015
LunaXdragneel said:
baryaakov555 said:

I hope so, it was never said he’s dead, usually up to this episode enemies in this stage would be taken and healed up somehow, but he was cut in half so I hope he’s dead for good lol, but unrelated I kinda support the enemies in this show if they are telling the truth that is, that humans hurt them for having special magic (from the beast’s backstory).
Sep 11, 2021 8:34 AM
Nov 2020
This seems to be a happy world where we are just trying to have fun and enjoy the world and Astas story.... and then like episode 120 ish stuff goes down
Sep 11, 2021 8:56 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
LunaXdragneel said:
baryaakov555 said:

Sep 11, 2021 8:57 AM
Apr 2021
Youbamii said:
LunaXdragneel said:

shit I thought he was gone for good lol I kinda hated that thb
Sep 13, 2021 9:51 AM

Aug 2017
death doesnt really equal good story telling

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Today, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.