Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2021 10:04 PM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this episode. Nothing crazy happened, but it was nice to Go do one of those missions.
Sep 11, 2021 12:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really nice to see a change of environment like the mine, and it's surprising that they found a shiny Volcarona.
Too bad there were these annoying guys, but Go and Ash got rescued at least
Sep 12, 2021 10:24 AM

Aug 2019
If there's one thing that I dislike about Goh's captures it's that he'll often catch just one Pokemon from a particular evolutionary line instead of catching every member of that line in the same episode. I mean why not have him find and catch a Ferroseed here too?
Sep 13, 2021 11:54 PM

Sep 2017
lol that guy was way too sketchy, off the bat I'm like yeah that guy looks like he is up to no good.

I'm pretty disappointed that Champion Ash of Alola would be intimidated by low life theifs (Pokemon Hunters) like them, i mean he's got OP pokemons like Dragonite or Gengar or Pikachu just thunderbolt them all at once? why was he scared. Like send out all your pokemons to attack them. doesn't have to be 1v1 it can be 6ash+6goh vs how many the pokemon hunters sent out. Goh i can understand his pokemons aren't experienced that's why he was nervous.

Also whats the difference between Goh and a Pokemon hunter , nothing. Both do the same thing. roggenrola was just walking to the cave store to buy its family some food was caught by goh and now they have to go separate ways. Pokemon hunters did nothing wrong. I would have also liked to catch that Rare pokemon , rare shiny Volcarona. Goh doesn't attempt to catch it like he did to suicune??.
-
alright so that other lady has the counterpart of urshifu, k!! Someone else have anything they want to show? maybe that Old guy team Captain has a Dialga somewhere or a mewtwo.
Can we just focus on that Cool kid, he reminds me of Alan from XY , maybe it's his brother.
I wasn't too impressed with this episode tbh but shiny Volcarona was cool too see.
Inteleon was great , just snipes water like a gun.
Sep 14, 2021 8:08 PM

Apr 2016
This episode reminded me of the times when I used to play Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia, so that's why I enjoyed it a lot.
Sep 14, 2021 8:23 PM

Nov 2020
The only problem I have in this anime is when Ash/Satoshi seems in trouble against some random trainers that are evil, has happened with Team Rocket (the black uniform ones) and now with this weak Pokémon Hunters, but aside from that, I really like this season
Oct 10, 2021 7:12 AM

Nov 2013
lol yeah any of ash pokemons could probably 1v4 those guys if he tried, i swear every bad guy in this anime is weak and show off like they are the league champions
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 2, 2022 12:56 PM

Jan 2020
I can't believe Ash and Goh just stood there while four Pokemon Hunters actively tried to battle them. Ash literally has an OP team at the moment. Throw something out. Defend yourself dude.

I wouldn't mind having a shiny Volcarona though. I like how we're seeing Shiny Pokemon more frequently in the series now.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 9, 2022 10:40 PM

Mar 2014
commonxreaction said:
I wouldn't mind having a shiny Volcarona though. I like how we're seeing Shiny Pokemon more frequently in the series now.
And oddly enough there's a shiny Voltorb in the next episode preview
Nov 23, 2022 5:45 PM

Jul 2020
Another nice simple episode this time. Go managed to fulfil his Project Mew task luckily, though the Pokemon Hunters threatened to ruin everything. I've never quite understood why Pokemon hunters are considered to be so evil when all they do is catch and trade Pokemon too, but then again I guess I really shouldn't think too hard about what are ultimately some pretty simple villains. I also always love seeing shiny Pokemon in the anime and shiny Volcarona is a particularly cool one.
Jul 27, 2023 11:00 AM

Dec 2007
last project mew episode felt much more serious, this time it felt like they just wanted them to go to another region.

i'm glad we see more shinies in the anime though, it had been a while.
vv1 said:
I'm pretty disappointed that Champion Ash of Alola would be intimidated by low life theifs (Pokemon Hunters) like them, i mean he's got OP pokemons like Dragonite or Gengar or Pikachu just thunderbolt them all at once? why was he scared. Like send out all your pokemons to attack them. doesn't have to be 1v1 it can be 6ash+6goh vs how many the pokemon hunters sent out. Goh i can understand his pokemons aren't experienced that's why he was nervous.
there can be many reasons. he doesn't have them right now, too many on many too few and etc. the main point is that they will be rescued by the end.
thats was the whole purpose of the poor script here . . .
(it's at least better than some sun and moon episodes, and the power ranger thingy. guh)
vv1 said:
Also whats the difference between Goh and a Pokemon hunter , nothing. Both do the same thing. roggenrola was just walking to the cave store to buy its family some food was caught by goh and now they have to go separate ways. Pokemon hunters did nothing wrong. I would have also liked to catch that Rare pokemon , rare shiny Volcarona. Goh doesn't attempt to catch it like he did to suicune??.
the difference is, goh is catching them by pokeballs. pokemon that doesn't want a trainer have a choice. pokemon hunters are using force.
its always been stabilized that that pokemon trainer are befriending pokemon, and not forcing them.
though all that, if you want more plot around the point you are making, you should play pokemon black/white (not the 2 version though) it's plot of team plasma is actually revolving on those hard questions "is this ok to use pokemon?".
User-NameJul 27, 2023 11:09 AM
Feb 19, 5:57 PM

Feb 2020
I think Volcarona is the first shiny Pokémon in the anime that managed to digivolve

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.