Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 8, 2021 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
At least we did not had to see any antifa protest.

Sep 8, 2021 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
The mini "Where's Tohru" game caught me off guard. Episode was 10/10 for its wholesomness.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 8, 2021 1:32 PM

Jul 2014
Finally, a Kanna-centric episode without Saikawa. It makes a real nice change of pace for Kanna to get some screentime without Saikawa attached to her at the hip and "squeeing" every 30 seconds (that's always been my least favourite aspect of Dragon Maid as a series). A fun journey in New York with Chloe, as well as the bold move Kanna took to reveal her dragon form to someone.

I suppose we also now have an explanation as to how and why the dragons are all able to understand Japanese when they come from another world entirely.

Probably my favourite episode of season 2 so far.
Sep 8, 2021 2:13 PM

Apr 2020
Straw hat kanna lol
A different episode that shows kanna as a main character
Sep 8, 2021 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
The episodes just don't get more wholesome than this. Perfection.

Kanna's trip in NYC was great, I love how she can adapt to any kind of language within minutes. Also loving the new addition as Chloe, which Kanna allowed to learn that she actually is a dragon. Now before this season ends, we need that Chloe to come play with Kanna after she picks Chloe up from Minnesota.

Love it that Tohru watched everything Kanna did.

Kanna's little adventure was also incredibly wholesome. Was nice to see them get along so well again after the fight and Kanna running away.
Sep 8, 2021 3:16 PM
Oct 2019
As someone from Minnesota, the Minnesota reference made this episode an instant favorite.
Sep 8, 2021 3:20 PM
Jul 2020
The episode I have been waiting for. A Kanna episode without Saikawa. Loved the character development and fun adventure to the US. Also, Kobayashi's shirt made me laugh "mean."
Sep 8, 2021 3:22 PM

Oct 2011
full Kanna episode... the world is a better place now
Sep 8, 2021 3:24 PM

Jun 2016
I rewatched the 1st segment to check if Tohru was really there... XD
Sep 8, 2021 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Kanna in new york running away from home she was on the other side of the world plus there was fun moments of her in the episode.
Sep 8, 2021 4:29 PM

Mar 2014
"I'M alWaYs SEriOus!" LOL

The English was both funny and good. Glad this chapter got animated amazingly, great visuals of New York and its diverse citizens, as expected of the fabulous Kyoani.

One of the best of the season for sure.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 8, 2021 4:44 PM

Oct 2020
Heh, so Kanna decided to run away after getting into an argument with Kobayashi. And now, exploration of New York city! Ah, I absolutely love how nonchalant Kanna is; it honestly really makes her interaction funnier. So Chloe will probably be a reoccurring character from now on. All in all, a pretty cute Kanna-focused episode this week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2021 4:53 PM

Aug 2015
Kanna is so precious!

Sep 8, 2021 5:12 PM

May 2010
Murica episode without the 3 seconds national anthem is weird.
Nice meme services xD
Sep 8, 2021 5:15 PM

Sep 2013
I guess that's what NYC would look like if it were clean. All blonde white girls are from Minnesota, so not too surprising. I can't help it, when Kanna is in dragon form I think about The NeverEnding Story.
There's no need for all this tension.
Sep 8, 2021 5:50 PM
Mar 2021
man, KyoAni just doesn't miss with this anime, can't get better than this
Sep 8, 2021 5:56 PM

Oct 2015
GeanWolf2000 said:
she tries hard enough to hide from Saikawa (her best friend) that she is a dragon but with Chloe, a girl she met in one day, she had no problem revealing it, even if she has the pretense of kidnapping, it doesn't very meaningless in my opinion. I think this is unfair to Saikawa.

I feel like they keep it a secret from Saikawa because she reacts strongly to everything. Every other time she found out they wiped her memory because of how freaked out she got D:
Sep 8, 2021 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
Cute episode, I enjoyed the second half. And hopefully I was not the only one to go back the episode just to check if Tooru was really there looking after Kanna, lol
Sep 8, 2021 6:47 PM

Mar 2020
Its a great episode. As always it's cute when it's Kanna-chan.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Sep 8, 2021 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
cute episode if only we had more like it felt like a different show,

funny at the start i was like that doesn't look like jap- and its new york typically we gotta wait till a movie with kyoani to go overseas but when you're a dragon you can just go wherever huh, could nitpick at the subplot of Chloe but i was gonna say the same thing for Kana about why nobody is looking for this child but turns out Tohu was watching the whole time, no shot anyone actually saw her on the first viewing 2 of those 3 shots were impossible to see lol
Sep 8, 2021 6:58 PM

Sep 2017
All the Kanna focus in the later half of this season has been great. Rip Saikawa tho. Everyone keeps dragons and shit a secret from her, but here Kanna just shows up as big ass dragon to save Chole gives her a ride home lmao.
Sep 8, 2021 7:17 PM

Sep 2020
I noticed the Wataten reference.

Also,

Very funny episode.
Sep 8, 2021 8:18 PM

Jul 2016
Kanna-focused episode and as expected, it ended up giving me diabetes. Completely lost it when Kanna started singing the "ame ame ame~" song from the first season.

Also, second half with just Kanna and Kobayashi spending the day together while walking around is easily my favorite segment in this second season so far. So mundane yet so incredibly wholesome and heartwarming. I really loved it.
Sep 8, 2021 8:58 PM

Apr 2017
Being able to speak any language instantly looks fun

Sep 8, 2021 9:09 PM

May 2017
i have to say, from start to finish, tis was a very pleasa episode. everyone loves kanna so giving her so much screentime always is enjoyable. it made me laugh how it was new york, it was like a bit cliche but in a funny way. kanna's way was something else, evemn making a friend while having fun. its always fun to see the reaction of people when they see her dragon form too.

and of course, tohru was watching the whole time.
i hope we see some more of chloe next episode
Sep 8, 2021 9:39 PM
May 2021
Was it just me who thought that when Chloe was confused why she was in NY, it was because she was a dragon? I definitely thought that's where that was going and then slowly realized that's not what was happening. At least I think so...?
Sep 8, 2021 9:42 PM

Sep 2013
symphonic643 said:
Was it just me who thought that when Chloe was confused why she was in NY, it was because she was a dragon? I definitely thought that's where that was going and then slowly realized that's not what was happening. At least I think so...?

If she was a dragon then she wouldn't be able to recognize it as New York, only as a different world. She also wouldn't need the fancy credit card with travel perks since she could just fly places.
There's no need for all this tension.
Sep 8, 2021 9:46 PM
May 2021
Majikkusesu said:
symphonic643 said:

If she was a dragon then she wouldn't be able to recognize it as New York, only as a different world. She also wouldn't need the fancy credit card with travel perks since she could just fly places.
Yeah it made sense later in the episode, I was just hanging on to that one line for some reason. They brushed over it pretty quickly though so I probably should have realized it sooner.
Sep 8, 2021 10:08 PM
Sep 2017
Probably my favorite episode of Maid Dragon S thus far. The theme of family and having a home to come back to struck hard in this episode, especially considering it's a theme KyoAni has touched on many times before, like in Clannad and Tamako Market. Seeing that father/daughter vibe with Kobayashi and Kanna was just really sweet, and I'm glad we got a whole episode of just them and their relationship.
Sep 8, 2021 10:21 PM

May 2019
Great episode and especially wholesome with Kanna at the center. Although, I have to admit the scene where Kanna tries to fix her spilled workbook was probably my favorite. Couldn't help but relate to this scene:

Sep 8, 2021 11:21 PM
Oct 2019
Kanna in New York....

is that Fist of the North Star reference that Kanna use to those Mafia?
paying respect to the OG.

wow i didn't even notice Tohru in the background the first time lmao
i rewatch the first part and she was really there. lol

Ame Ame Ame
what a Wholesome Episode with Kanna and Kobayashi.
Sep 8, 2021 11:23 PM
Oct 2019
Actar said:
Same energy:

I can feel the memes coming.

wow yeah they did the Meme.
Sep 8, 2021 11:38 PM

Feb 2015
Decent episode but the last 10 mins felt like pure filler. With only 12 eps it seems like a waste.
Sep 9, 2021 12:49 AM
Jan 2021
Actar said:
Same energy:

I can feel the memes coming.

i already saw a few on reddit... the meme is here!
Sep 9, 2021 12:49 AM
Jan 2021
kanna calling Kobayashi a "dummy" was the cutest thing ever.
Sep 9, 2021 12:58 AM
Jul 2020
kobayashi aho, kobayashi butface, im dead in kanna's cuteness
Sep 9, 2021 1:09 AM

Aug 2018
Yes, Kanna is cute.
This chapter was very nice and relaxing.
PS: "Ame, ame, ame" she said it again!!!
Sep 9, 2021 3:47 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
what a cute episode. Kanna is so ^~^
โ™ก

smoochie smoochie

Sep 9, 2021 3:53 AM

May 2019
Kanna : My time has come. The environment and the atmosphere in NYC is so lively and dynamic. That was really nice detail when you could actually zoom in to see that Tohru is spying Kanna lol. Saikawa never got to see Kanna in her real form somehow and hopefully got to see Chloe in the future as well. Quite a lovely episode for Kanna. Next week surely going to be intense though so this is a calm before storm kind of episode.

Sep 9, 2021 5:49 AM

Jul 2021
Is Kanna seiyuu cant speak English and Kyoani wont let showing Engrish? and Chloe basically is American Karen Kujou ngl
Sep 9, 2021 6:09 AM

Jul 2020
holy shit this episode was a BANGER!
Sep 9, 2021 6:25 AM
Mar 2021
It was the cutest episode eveer, I simply loved ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Sep 9, 2021 6:42 AM

Mar 2021
this season's animation is mesmerizing........bright theme really enhances the quality of this show..... this show is setting standards for others

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Sep 9, 2021 6:44 AM

Mar 2021
Crashmatt said:
Decent episode but the last 10 mins felt like pure filler. With only 12 eps it seems like a waste.
well it is a slice of life, don't be so greedy๐Ÿ˜„

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Sep 9, 2021 6:46 AM
Oct 2020
Crashmatt said:
filling in a slice of life? was part of the plot of Kanna's fight with Kobayashi, how can that be filler?
Sep 9, 2021 6:48 AM

Mar 2021
ProofByColor said:
All the Kanna focus in the later half of this season has been great. Rip Saikawa tho. Everyone keeps dragons and shit a secret from her, but here Kanna just shows up as big ass dragon to save Chole gives her a ride home lmao.
For me, Saikawa is one of the least favorite character of this franchise. So I don't mind this at all๐Ÿ˜‚

Sep 9, 2021 7:05 AM

Feb 2015
GeanWolf2000 said:
Crashmatt said:
filling in a slice of life? was part of the plot of Kanna's fight with Kobayashi, how can that be filler?

I'm not sure what the point of the last 10 mins was, its just fluff. SOL doesn't mean it shouldn't have any substance.
Sep 9, 2021 8:15 AM
Jan 2019
This is worthy as movie if you can imagine the rest.
Sep 9, 2021 8:15 AM

Dec 2020
Kanna leaves home and goes to New York, where she rescues a girl from kidnappers. The two end up becoming friends very easily, and even keep in touch by correspondence. I really liked the episode and especially the phases with Kanna-chan.
Sep 9, 2021 8:19 AM
May 2021
That English scene kinda fluent for anime, nice chara introduction for Chloe because we don't need complex introduction about her family or those mafia tho and charming day off scene obviously
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2021

106 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Feb 29, 10:19 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.