Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2021 6:59 AM
Feb 2021
I have watched quite a shows now and never sees a villain wins in the end same happened in the end of death note,if we think about the possibility then there is a high chances that anyone can win at the end but why always villain lost,if a villain wins at the end it give a new twist and it's not even considered bad ending in the show like death note because protagonist is the villain and I'm pretty sure there are so much people who supported light ideology seeing by his favourite are 80,000+ on the mal(I am one of them).
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2021 7:03 AM

Jan 2018
L has over 110000 people support him despite not having as much appearance as Light. And most of Light favorites don't support his ideology, they just think that is is an interesting one.
Sep 8, 2021 7:08 AM

Jul 2017
Let me rephase it
why should a villain win??
If a villain wins
A bad moral message (the anime will bombabed with pta complaints lot 9f unnecessary things to deal with)
And Light needed to lose
His ego went way over his head l. He became the person who he swore to kill
AkitokamisenSep 8, 2021 7:12 AM
Sep 8, 2021 7:15 AM
Jun 2020
Ever heard of OVERLORD ANIME??
Sep 8, 2021 7:15 AM
Jun 2020
Sep 8, 2021 7:20 AM

Feb 2021
I think 86 is an good example of anime that doesn’t end with a happy ending, well for season 1 at least.
Sep 8, 2021 7:21 AM
Oct 2016
One man alone can't bear too much power. The bill always comes due.
Sep 8, 2021 7:24 AM
May 2021
G_Shan10 said:
yes but tell me how is it
Sep 8, 2021 7:26 AM
Jun 2020
Fury666333 said:
G_Shan10 said:
yes but tell me how is it

It is anime with antagonist as mc ,it's about villian winning
Sep 8, 2021 7:26 AM
Aug 2021
Villains should win sometimes if their victory shows a meaningful message (not random/menaingless) because it can be unpredictable. Light did defeat L. Deathnote's L arc's ending was pretty good. I always rooted for light but i really liked the ending when he lost everything as well.
Sep 8, 2021 7:30 AM
Aug 2021
Assuming light is a villain, in Deathnote his victory would be fine because he is the protagonist. However in something like say FMAB i wouldn't want father to win. For villain to win, there mus be something special about the series like him/her being the MC.
Sep 8, 2021 7:42 AM
Jul 2021
Bc the wolrd is unfrair and they dont want villains to win personally i am 9/10 times with the villain but the society doesnt
Sep 8, 2021 7:47 AM
Dec 2020
shivamrajput958 said:
I have watched quite a shows now and never sees a villain wins in the end same happened in the end of death note,if we think about the possibility then there is a high chances that anyone can win at the end but why always villain lost,if a villain wins at the end it give a new twist and it's not even considered bad ending in the show like death note because protagonist is the villain and I'm pretty sure there are so much people who supported light ideology seeing by his favourite are 80,000+ on the mal(I am one of them).
His ideology is solid, but he became the very thing he swore to destroy and on the same note a lot of shows don’t have the villain ending because it would justify their actions in the end and as much as people like to deny it pop culture does affect peoples thinking process much like their experiences and their surroundings so having the villain win could be detrimental to so portions of the population who have had a rough life
Being human is making mistakes.
Sep 8, 2021 7:49 AM

Mar 2021
Light's cause was good, but the death note corrupted, I personally got annoyed by l. The last death note exchange was downright confusing. I think light should have won. World is is'nt about good and bad, its about the strongest.

Sep 8, 2021 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
Akitokamisen said:
Let me rephase it
If a villain wins
A bad moral message (the anime will bombabed with pta complaints lot 9f unnecessary things to deal with)
And Light needed to lose

That's not the case, a villian can win
Even if it gives a bad message, it doesn't matter..
If it's cool and awesome, world will accept villian's victory..

In death note, people say that light should've won.. why?
Bcz the series ruined itself by replacing a genius detective with a cheap copy of him, more over the villian is not as strong as before..

In that case, ofc a villian would win
But it's the better story overall..

KIRA IS JUSTICE!
#AoT #Jaegerist #Lemon

Credits to squished_lemon for the forum set! Everyone should go simp for her
Sep 8, 2021 8:00 AM

Aug 2019
Voilaanime said:
The last death note exchange was downright confusing.

What about it was "confusing" to you?
Sep 8, 2021 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
Lydark_007 said:
Akitokamisen said:
Let me rephase it
If a villain wins
And Light needed to lose

Bcz the series ruined itself by replacing a genius detective with a cheap copy of him, more over the villian is not as strong as before..

Light should have won??
For me in death note it became certain light would lose few episodes after L's death
It's not the cheap copy detective that ruined but the the way he lost ruined it

Villain winning?
Can you tell me a scenario in which a villain should win?
Sep 8, 2021 8:07 AM

Mar 2021
Sweet_Escape said:
Voilaanime said:
The last death note exchange was downright confusing.

What about it was "confusing" to you?

I said it because I do not understand how the hell death note, go to near and light they anticipated each attack and did the exchange.

Sep 8, 2021 8:14 AM
May 2021
<spoiler for Jojo bizarre adventure>

Jojo part 1.
Sep 8, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 2021
Light needed to be knocked off his pedestal, basically the way I see it is that it ended that way to sort of remind us that light is not a god, he is not perfect and he is human.
Light is not as invincible as he thinks he is and that no man is God.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2021 8:24 AM

Feb 2021
Akitokamisen said:
Lydark_007 said:

Light should have won??
For me in death note it became certain light would lose few episodes after L's death

Villain winning?

Ofc, most of them opine that light should've won..

The reason why death note is hated or atleast belittle death note is because of NEAR

Near is the one who ruined this series
There are many video on yt, many forums on MAL, reddit, pinterest and Blog posts saying that near ruined this series

First of all, he's very similar to L
But he gets to know things very easily as if he was coded..

I'll explain it
L justifies his actions, like he tells why he's doing..
But near does nothing, he has less screen time and he has a rival

Near feels like he knows everything without digging anything..

L did a lot of investigation
Even near did, but not on the level of light

Come on dude,
We're talking about why death note is hated,
And the clear reason is the 2nd arc
And the main reason for it is Near..

KIRA IS JUSTICE!
#AoT #Jaegerist #Lemon

Sep 8, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
Akitokamisen said:
Lydark_007 said:

Light should have won??

Villain winning?

I'm not saying that villian should win
But if the villian actions make more sense and more cool and more justifying, villian should ofc win..

In death note, light should've won over near.. or the series should've ended with L's death

I'd accept a victory of a villian if the hero is a cheap ripoff of his predecessor and gets to know things without context

Ever thought this?
L has 110K+ favs.
Near has <4K favs.
If near is really that good of a character (he even won lol, L literally died to a FILTHY MURDERER)
WHY? JUST THINK, YOU'LL GET THE ANSWER WHY LIGHT SHOULD'VE WON OVER N

KIRA IS JUSTICE!
#AoT #Jaegerist #Lemon

Sep 8, 2021 8:32 AM
Jul 2014
Anybody who thinks light should have won I think somehow completely missed what the ohba and obata were going for with the story
Sep 8, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
Lydark_007 said:
Akitokamisen said:

Light should have won??

Villain winning?

But if the villian actions make more sense and more cool and more justifying, villian should ofc win..

In death note, light should've won over near.. or the series should've ended with L's death

I'd accept a victory of a villian if the hero is a cheap ripoff of his predecessor and gets to know things without context

Ever thought this?
L has 110K+ favs.
Near has <4K favs.
If near is really that good of a character (he even won lol, L literally died to a FILTHY MURDERER)

Light was still sane before l's death and he took L very seriously
But after that he became arrogant and did whatever he pleased
He fully underestimated near and lost (basically how gilgamesh lost in ubw)

And yes L died to a filthy murderer (what else can you call light after he killed innocents without a shred of emotion)

The story of death note can't end with light winning over L
It needed to show how death note corrupted light and finish is character development to complete the death note story (meaning he has to lose to show the audience how hard he has fallen of you read the death note manga you should know how mush he has fallen he became a existence furthest from a God)
I too don't like near, he beyond boring
Sep 8, 2021 8:41 AM
Apr 2021
Most people just want the hero to win or the main character to end with the main female character in romances. That's why fan service exists : to satisfy the majority.
CawambarSep 8, 2021 8:45 AM
Sep 8, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2021
shivamrajput958 said:

If you count Lelouch as a villain, he technically won
Sep 8, 2021 8:53 AM
Mar 2021
Lydark_007 said:
Akitokamisen said:
Let me rephase it
If a villain wins
And Light needed to lose

the world will care lol, remember how much crap joker got for doing that by media even tho it isn't a total "villian wins"?

Would it make a better story because of the twist? Well yes, depending on the execution, but it will also bring a wave of controversy
Sep 8, 2021 9:19 AM
Feb 2021
Akitokamisen said:
Let me rephase it
If a villain wins
And Light needed to lose
I mean I doesn't about message it's about in reality also sometimes bad people also wins
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Sep 8, 2021 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
shivamrajput958 said:
Akitokamisen said:
Let me rephase it
If a villain wins
And Light needed to lose
I mean I doesn't about message it's about in reality also sometimes bad people also wins

Yes but it is fiction not reality
And anime/manga is a form entertainment so it kinda needs to abide by morals sadly
Otherwise it faces alot of problems
If you watched bakuman (same mangaka as death note)
In it the main duo creates a manga about perfect crime and it faced alot controversies
And the duo was not able to achieve there goal with it
Sep 8, 2021 9:30 AM

Nov 2014
I can say Lelouch from Code Geass kinda won in my opinion,you know what i mean if you seen the movie too.
In Bungou Stray Dogs,there were many times where the villains won,it doesn't have many good people there either.
Durarara is a questionable story and ending,everyone looked to me like some sort of "villain" and no,Shizuo wasn't a good person,everyone in Durarara has a few(more)screw loose so i don't know what to say about it.
Higurashi no naku koro ni is full of bad endings,if you're looking for this kind of thing
Re:Zero is simillar to Higurashi in the aspect
in Darker Than Black there aren't heroes,i think you'd like this one too idk
there you go
Sep 8, 2021 9:39 AM

Aug 2019
Akitokamisen said:
shivamrajput958 said:

And anime/manga is a form entertainment so it kinda needs to abide by morals sadly
In it the main duo creates a manga about perfect crime and it faced alot controversies

It doesn't have to abide to morals.
There are lots of western movies with "villain wins" endings, it's mostly a Japanese thing. They hate criminals and wrongdoers so much that they won't be satisfied until they are punished. It's more like a fanservice thing.

It's exactly like American Gangster films. Before The Godfather came along, every Ganster movie (20s, 30s,40s,50s) ended with the gangsters being killed / apprehended. But from the 70s onwards that stopped being the norm. The morals are still the same: "Gangsters are bad and a menace to society" but their endings became more realistic : Not always the cops / society wins.
Sep 8, 2021 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
AiNoMukidashi said:
Akitokamisen said:

There are lots of western movies with "villain wins" endings, it's mostly a Japanese thing. They hate criminals and wrongdoers so much that they won't be satisfied until they are punished. It's more like a fanservice thing.

It's exactly like American Gangster films. Before The Godfather came along, every Ganster movie (20s, 30s,40s,50s) ended with the gangsters being killed / apprehended. But from the 70s onwards that stopped being the norm. The morals are still the same: "Gangsters are bad and a menace to society" but their endings became more realistic : Not always the cops / society wins.

I don't watch mush of western movies
The only movie I think criminal won and cops/society lost
Shashank redemption (inmates escaped successful from jail)
Sep 8, 2021 9:51 AM

Feb 2021
Akitokamisen said:
Lydark_007 said:

Ever thought this?
L has 110K+ favs.
Near has <4K favs.

And yes L died to a filthy murderer (what else can you call light after he killed innocents without a shred of emotion)

It needed to show how death note corrupted light and finish is character development to complete the death note story (meaning he has to lose to show the audience how hard he has fallen of you read the death note manga you should know how mush he has fallen he became a existence furthest from a God)

Yeah, light's death was needed in the end
Or
L should've proved instead of near..

I think you're too sensitive and getting offended by light's actions ( like you said "he liked innocents without emotion")

Light killed unnecessary shit out of the world, the criminals
Personally I think that light is justice, cuz he purified the world and made the world a better place to live..

Government("gorment"😂😂, if you're understanding what I'm telling) wastes a lot of money on criminals, like feeding them like hotel guests and then leaving them to commit more crimes in future

Light did a better job by killing them..
Tho he killed some innocents
(Just my perspective, nothing serious again)

And did you understand my "GORMENT" part? 😂😂

Peace(◠‿◕)

KIRA IS JUSTICE!
#AoT #Jaegerist #Lemon

Sep 8, 2021 9:53 AM

Feb 2021
Akitokamisen said:
AiNoMukidashi said:

I don't watch mush of western movies
The only movie I think criminal won and cops/society lost
Shashank redemption (inmates escaped successful from jail)

Exactly it's typical 20th century style where hero always wins

If it were some 2021, people would easily accept Light's victory

KIRA IS JUSTICE!
#AoT #Jaegerist #Lemon

Sep 8, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
Lydark_007 said:
Akitokamisen said:

Yeah, light's death was needed in the end
Or
L should've proved instead of near..

I think you're too sensitive and getting offended by light's actions ( like you said "he liked innocents without emotion")

Light killed unnecessary shit out of the world, the criminals
Personally I think that light is justice, cuz he purified the world and made the world a better place to live..

Government("gorment"😂😂, if you're understanding what I'm telling) wastes a lot of money on criminals, like feeding them like hotel guests and then leaving them to commit more crimes in future

Light did a better job by killing them..
Tho he killed some innocents
(Just my perspective, nothing serious again)

And did you understand my "GORMENT" part? 😂😂

Peace(◠‿◕)

Who knows
I am not sensitive I fully supported eren till the end in aot
Reason I emphasis on light killing innocents is that it goes against the rules his motives and rules he himself made (basically he will only criminals but justified his killing of innocents by saying anyone trying to capture him is also a criminal, I might be wrong about this)
As for lights methods
Criminals are not fully beyond salvation
Some are framed, some are left no choice but to commit crimes, some do it for thrill (these people are scum), some do it due to greed,lust
Some do it due pure anger n losing control of themselfs
Some do it for revenge, some might be like light but have no death note
Some might be misguided there whole life and were never known what is good or evil
Labeling all of them to a death sentence is just being extremist
AkitokamisenSep 8, 2021 10:24 AM
Sep 8, 2021 10:14 AM
Feb 2020
Well for example in death note season 2, they probably just wanted to act like they don't support Kira's way of getting rid of criminals, because they didn't want to get hated for it.
Sep 8, 2021 10:14 AM
Feb 2020
Well for example in death note season 2, they probably just wanted to act like they don't support Kira's way of getting rid of criminals, because they didn't want to get hated for it.
Sep 8, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2021
if we are looking at it in the perspective that Light was the villain. In death note, the hero and the villain were neither victorious. there was no real "hero" in death note.
it was a modern society where crime was prevalent. and Light in his own eyes was doing the "right" thing as so was L and they both met their end. so really its a story where theres no clear "winner" or "loser"
much like life, they both did what they felt was their "justice"
theres no winner

ILY
Sep 8, 2021 10:29 AM
Jan 2021
shivamrajput958 said:

Devilman crybaby
Sep 8, 2021 10:30 AM
Apr 2021
Because it only made sense. If kira kept the same ideology and didn't grow a god complex he would never get caught. At the end he was just a madman, an empty vessel,without his former goal of punishing the guilty. Now if you want an example where villain should have won, that's Thanos. He never strayed from his path yet he lost because marvel is weak
Sep 8, 2021 11:54 AM

May 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
watch Devilman Crybaby
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime
Sep 8, 2021 12:35 PM
Oct 2020
shivamrajput958 said:
homie there’s like a lot of shows that make the villain win. have you read the aot manga?
I am now obsessed with prinz eugen
Sep 8, 2021 3:32 PM
Feb 2017
Who said that the villain didnt win
FYI L was just a tool in Ryuks scheme to have fun in the human realm and he enjoyed it till the fukuing end
Sep 8, 2021 5:57 PM
Jun 2021
shivamrajput958 said:

Joker in the dark Knight?
Sep 8, 2021 8:00 PM

Feb 2021
Leohere said:
Lydark_007 said:

the world will care lol, remember how much crap joker got for doing that by media even tho it isn't a total "villian wins"?

Would it make a better story because of the twist? Well yes, depending on the execution, but it will also bring a wave of controversy

Yeah it totally depends on execution..

If the villian has a better characterization, edge over the positive guy, people will accept it

KIRA IS JUSTICE!
#AoT #Jaegerist #Lemon

Sep 8, 2021 8:11 PM

May 2021
It doesn't matter in death note's case anyway, the purpose of this story was entertainment, not about who was right/ wrong or who wins (the author himself said something along these lines iirc). Moreover, Light's death was foreshadowed way early in the anime when Ryuk said "l'll write your name in my death note when the time comes" or something like that.
Sep 8, 2021 8:52 PM
Feb 2019
The way I see it, morality has nothing to do with it. The story despite having the cat and mouse mind games as the central aspect of it, its a story simply about mortality. No matter how intelligent you are or how much success you achieve.. everything always comes to an end one way or another.

Light won and L lost. He was the victor and thought himself untouchable. He became arrogant and underestimated Near and Mello. In the end he lost. Turns out he isn't a god. He's only human. He thought he was changing the world, but in the end after the disappearance of Kira.. the world reverted back to how it was. No one is a god, we are only mortals. And we all die eventually.

Cynical edgy view perhaps, but that's what the story seemed to be presenting.
Sep 8, 2021 9:01 PM
Mar 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
watch devilman crybaby then
Sep 8, 2021 10:36 PM

Dec 2020
Thats the thing with this series. Slightly similar to mha, which questions what it means to be a hero, death note makes you question who the villain really is. Both sides did what they thought was right- to some people, the villain DID win.
Sep 9, 2021 2:17 AM
Dec 2020
For real, I expected Light wins in the end of anime, because L died...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 8, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.