Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2007 7:25 PM
Sep 2006
Well, next episode and I gotta say the whole tree thing caught me off guard despite the fact they more or less talked about it in the first episode just somewhat. I can tell I like Ophelia though. Too bad Romeo's dad is a selfish bastard who's gonna lose and we all know it. Gotta say though, sometimes Juliet can seem a bit emo (I use the term lightly to describe overly depressed), glad she has optimistic friends. Must say I really liked William's character in this episode, not that I haven't before, just thought he was rather insightful.

Must. Watch. Next. Episode.
Jun 8, 2007 11:54 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah that tree thing is most likely a symbol, that Neo Verona can more or less only live when both Families work together.

Was a pretty nice episode, I liked it.

Screenshots:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 9, 2007 11:42 PM

May 2007
I really loved this episode. Willy was one of my favorite parts, but I always love when he shows up... I'm really looking forward to episode 10. The thing with the tree ... I thought was a really great addition to the plot and yeah even though it's obvious that Montague is going to lose in the end, I'm still really loving the parts that are foreshadowing that ... Just so I can be like HA. YOU LOSE. :]

-twiddles thumbs waiting for the next episode to come out-
Jun 10, 2007 12:46 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
I'm going to go against the grain and say this show is pissing me off. Everything is just so "fake". Juliet's hatred is fake. Conrad's enthusiasm is fake. Tybalt's badass-ness is fake. It's all a load of crap that Gonzo didn't develop AT ALL.

I especially hated William's scene where he was going up and down about how Juliet fell in love and how it's so amazing and such a tragedy. Wtf? What tragedy? She's a pussy and said "GTFO" to Romeo as soon as she has a chance. What love? Love means nothing else matters. Montague's shouldn't mean crap to Juliet if she was actually in love.

Lame.
Jun 10, 2007 1:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Xinil said:
Wtf? What tragedy? She's a pussy and said "GTFO" to Romeo as soon as she has a chance. What love? Love means nothing else matters. Montague's shouldn't mean crap to Juliet if she was actually in love.

That's the pressure she's getting from the family, after getting to know who she really was after several years. Sounds logical to me. I mean it doesn't sound that fake to me.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 10, 2007 1:40 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
My whole point is that for 12 years she hasn't know a thing about her parents. Now she finds out and gets all crazy and revengeful over it? Sure, she should be pissed, but I think she should realize that causing more deaths to satisfy her selfish desires isn't the way to go.
Jun 10, 2007 1:43 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yes, though I don't think she realizes that yet.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 10, 2007 2:45 AM

Jan 2007
this was an alright episode. Nothing was special happend, just a lot of emo.
Jun 10, 2007 4:29 AM
Jun 2007
I have to agree with Faust, it was alright and quite an average episode. I can't say I didn't have some expectations...
Jun 10, 2007 7:52 PM

Jan 2007
I sorta of expected Francisco to be up to something shady, moreso than Camio.

Interesting new addition with the tree and its keeper. Not wholly sold on the idea yet, though. Depends on how Montague responds.
Jun 10, 2007 8:02 PM

Aug 2006
Xinil... it's true... Juliet JUST found out she was a Capulet. But think about it. She's been fighting against Montague from episode 1 as the Red Whirlwind. She HATES the Montagues and everything they stand for... from the very first episode. I don't think it's all necessarily because she is a Capulet (at least, that's how I'm looking at it.)

Oooohhh... I knew I didn't like Camio from the moment they introduced him (and I'm usually dead WRONG with the assumptions I make about characters.) Francisco, shady though? O_o Never (He's too great a character =P)
Jun 12, 2007 7:30 PM

Apr 2007
What a predictable series, I feel like I already know how it ends!

Jun 13, 2007 11:40 AM

Jan 2007
Blazingluke said:
What a predictable series, I feel like I already know how it ends!

LOL It's like I've heard this story before...!
Jun 14, 2007 12:38 AM

Mar 2007
What the heck is going on with this series now, they're overly complicating it :(

Pretty sure everyone else watching realized Camio was going to betray them after he totally FAILED the Anime Dog Test!
[Anime Dog Test - if the anime dog hates a character, chances are the character is going to be up to no good]

Don't even know why the tree stuff was necessary, oh well, I hope they explain further in the next episodes.

Jun 15, 2007 8:10 AM

May 2007
The tree is important... so implies the scary loli.

Didn't really care for the episode. Juliet is the one who's complicating matters the most. She's not ready to take on her role just yet, but then again these are growing pains for her.

When she's told that if the Duke is killed it will all be over, she gets the thought that she can save Romeo. That's a bit naive, but she's only 16 and pretty much been sheltered.

Also, she's not a killer. Obviously when she was the Red Wind... or whatever her alter ego was... she never took a life. She's going through a lot of shock.

And Conrad is too desperate. You can tell him the Duke was going to pay a personal visit to Willy without bodyguards just after midnight and he would believe it. Poor old man. It's like he believes he's too old to get anymore good chances.

The series is going through parts which I find annoying, but I realize that these are necessary. Actually I appreciate them, since the character should get mentally stronger from the experiences.

A lot of series I've enjoyed have these. Still, they annoy me. Maybe I like to annoyed at first and be overjoyed later. Complicated... just as this series has become.
Jun 15, 2007 11:52 AM

Jan 2007
mild_even said:
The series is going through parts which I find annoying, but I realize that these are necessary. Actually I appreciate them, since the character should get mentally stronger from the experiences.

That's a good point - the character might end up being a way you really like, even if the road getting them there annoys the hell out of you.

And sometimes they just stay annoying. :)
Aug 6, 2009 3:18 PM

Aug 2008
I usually can't sit still for a whole episode but I felt like this one was over in ten minutes. I totally saw the betrayal coming.
Oct 19, 2009 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah everyone saw Camio's betrayal coming. When are they going to get some powerful people on their side who WON'T betray them? Even the priest guy was a traitor. And is Tybalt a part of the Capulet family or not?! Otherwise, why does he care what Juliet does? He hates Montague so why not go after the Duke himself?

This episode did have annoying parts... I actually couldn't find any highlights in the episode. I like Willy but his part didn't really do much for me in this ep. I know these annoying parts are necessary but I can't wait to get past them... I'm sure this series has the potential to be awesome. (Or I hope?) D:
May 30, 2010 7:23 PM
Apr 2008
Man I really like this show. It seems like all the politicians are spoiled.
Aug 10, 2010 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
Camio that jerk, I knew he was a traitor~
Sep 10, 2010 8:58 AM
Jul 2010
Nice episode, at least less boring than usual^^ Predictable, yes, but also enjoyable.
Poor Juliet, she scared with the thought of killing people. Of course I would probably react in a similar way if I were in her situation...
Nov 15, 2010 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
Conrad's impatience was the most off element of the episode. If he's waited 12 years he should have the ability to wait 12 days or 3 months or even another year.

This one dragged on and on for me. The most exciting was the introduction of Escalus. Neutral to the content of the argument between Montague and Capulet but suffering the negative after effects of the conflict...a city-tree seems like a perfect way to characterize that.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Jul 8, 2012 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty obvious that Camio was going to betray them.
Feb 7, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2012
Great episode with some awesome development so let's see what will happen next but I just knew someone would betray them!
Jan 28, 2017 9:15 AM

Aug 2014
she stabbed his shoulder, calm down. also everyone but frickin romeo is cute in this show (except the old ass grandpa's obviously)
Xtina is my mother!
May 2, 2017 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
I never even thought the tree's might be a symbol lol. I thought maybe with that and the girl it was going to be the tree of life all over again which I thought it sounded like.

I really liked William this episode.

Yeah, I didn't expect him to betray them.
May 6, 2018 10:20 AM

Jun 2015
I was wondering if Ophelia was in the series and here she is.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 14, 2018 6:27 PM

May 2013
Ugh, traitors everywhere-- Camio, the priest, Mercutio...

At least Tybalt is safe. Franciso has a good eye.

Once Conrad sees the light, he's gonna feel so betrayed. How unfortunate :(

Love Willy <3
Mar 31, 2022 6:45 PM
Mar 2019
I smell a traitor in the ranks, why trust people you have not seen for Years.
Why give Juliet a Sword when she will not use it to Kill.
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM
Nov 2019
I don't like how they are portraying William Shakespear. He was a respectable man and they are making him out to be a fool. It also makes little sense that he would write a story about a world less fantastical than the one he is living in.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 2 Discussion

itainteazy - Apr 16, 2007

29 by brokeweeb123 »»
Sep 9, 2022 5:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.