Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Under Ninja' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Sep 5, 2021 5:33 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
This year's 41st issue of Weekly Young Magazine announced a television anime adaptation of Kengo Hanazawa's Under Ninja manga on Monday. The sixth volume also contained the announcement on its wraparound band the same day.

Synopsis
A high school loner is given the part-time job of a lifetime as a modern day ninja tasked to perform international assassinations.

After World War II, Allied Command in Japan developed a new agency to help manage terrorism and violence within the Pacific region. The agency was staffed with ninja and they were initially tasked to handle domestic affairs. Eventually that program grew to its current form, managing 20,000 ninja across a range of domestic and international affairs. One of those ninjas happens to be Kudo. The seventeen-year-old high school loser is now poised to be the next line of defense against a potential surge in foreign assassins invading Tokyo. (Source: Denpa, edited)

Hanazawa began drawing the action comedy manga in Weekly Young Magazine in July 2018, approximately 1.5 years after ending the serialization of I Am a Hero. Kodansha published the fifth volume on March 5. Hanazawa is simultaneously serializing Takaga Tasogare in Big Comic Superior.

Denpa, LLC. licensed the manga in English last July and plans to publish the first volume in January 2022.

Manga special page: https://magazine.yanmaga.jp/c/underninja/

Source: Weekly Young Magazine official Twitter

Under Ninja on MAL
VindstotSep 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Sep 5, 2021 6:25 PM

Jun 2014
Seems interesting enough, I'll certainly give this a watch when it airs.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 5, 2021 7:03 PM
Jul 2017
Cool! I’m glad that Hanazawa Kengo is finally getting one of his works turned into an anime. I just wish I Am a Hero could have gotten one too 😭
Sep 5, 2021 8:37 PM

Oct 2017
I wonder if this'll be worth the time.
Sep 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
No I am A Hero? This will have to do but I’m still excited to see his works get an anime 🥲
Sep 5, 2021 9:33 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that’s an interesting synopsis for sure. Definitely going to give this a shot!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 5, 2021 11:30 PM
Jan 2020
Hoping for a pretty good staff
Sep 6, 2021 12:15 AM

Aug 2014
Hyped! As people above mentioned, would've loved an I Am a Hero adaptation, but that one already had a live-action movie, so it's unlikely (and while it's a decent movie, it totally lacks the psychological aspect of the source material).

I don't know anything about this manga other than the synopsis, so it will exciting to go in blind at least. Kengo is one of my favorite mangaka.
Sep 6, 2021 6:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is an action/comedy? Interesting....That premise didn't sound very comedic to me but I'm very curious to see how this one will play out since the synopsis hooked me
Sep 6, 2021 7:57 AM

Apr 2016
"Under Ninja"

More like, unemployed ninja.
Sep 10, 2021 7:32 PM

Aug 2016
A shame non of his previous works got an anime adaptation since all of them are quality manga, specially I am a hero, but this is better than nothing. hope it´s not some cgi trash.
:v
Dec 31, 2022 3:42 AM

Feb 2021
Would be nice if someone picked up the manga. There's only 12 chapters translated so far 😞
Protesters, assemble!!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.